Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Welcome to the Underground

Tag: Sylvia Alvaro Sylvia Alvaro

Getting a mission from the Black Suns to check out a bounty hunting offer and see if there were chances for recruitment from the bounty hunter guild that Cedwyn was a part of seemed simple enough. He was happy to help them out and the bounty hunting gig was something he always enjoyed doing since he got to explore worlds and ensure that his pockets were lined with the credits to feed his other habits and delights. Cedwyn had been wanting to get back into the field as well to make sure that he could work on practicing his skills in the Force, they were his weakest trait at the moment and he refused to allow them to hold him back, especially if the order within the Black Suns was going to work. Using the Force to track, apprehend and perhaps even try and use the Force to interrogate the minds of of his bounties would be perfect practice that he needed to shake off the years of rust that had built in his Force capabilities. All he needed to do was ensure that he could find the right jobs to give himself the chance to grow.

"I'll take noodles, make it spicy too, need something to give me some pep today." Cedwyn chuckled as he ordered his meal, needing something hot and tasty to get his day started. The first couple missions he had taken were not as exciting and helpful as he had wanted. He had been able to use the Force and get things exciting but there wasn't that big push into straining himself yet that he needed. However, this current job he had taken was not for the challenge but for the other person hired for it. Another criminal with a decent resume from the things that he could find and he thought she would be perfect to join the Black Suns if there was interest. It was also an attractive lady that Cedwyn could not help but find interesting, it was a crutch and he was all too happy to indulge in said crutch.

Paying for the food, he ate the noodles as he leaned against the counter and watched the crowd pass him. Cedwyn was waiting, he knew when she was passing here on her mission and he was going to ensure he bumped into her, offering a hand in the mission while also giving her a way into the organisation. Got to keep the numbers growing and if he didn't promote them then they would just sink. He couldn't let them sink, there was too much potential and he was excited for once to be part of a bigger organisation. Finishing his meal, Cedwyn placed the bowl on the counter.

Spotting Sylvia, Cedwyn rose from his position and wandered over to her. Pretending to accidentally bump into her, Cedwyn offered a coy smirk, "oh sorry there. Seems I got distracted for a moment there. Cedwyn Blaidd, I'm here to help you." He gave her a wink as he adjusted his leather jacket.

teal123.png

tag: Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd
wearing: xXx

Sylvia's lungs were burning as she ran full pelt through the streets, chasing after the target. It was a stupid mission, one that wasn't even that important; it was a dumb hill to die on, but he'd wronged her, stolen something he shouldn't have even had access to, and as a businesswoman, she couldn't let that go unanswered. Except it turned out the target was a squirrely shithead, and he'd managed to slip past every time she'd gotten close, except this time.

She'd caught him this time. But someone, some stupid prick, had seen and misunderstood when she had him pinned against a wall. They'd assumed she was the one robbing him and tried to help. Now, there was an extra victim, unconscious and left in a dirty back alley for the authorities to find on their next round, and she was running.

Sylvia could see him up ahead; the hood of his jacket was over his head and shrouding his face, but she could see it was him. Tall, lanky. He'd been around her age, maybe twenty-two—old enough to understand that his stupidity would have consequences. Hence the cat-and-mouse games. He didn't want to be caught.

She was almost there, reaching out to grab him when she was bumped. Sylvia stumbled, barely keeping her balance, ignoring their words as she spun in a circle and stopped. The target was gone again—lost in the goddamn crowds. With her lungs burning and a fire in her eyes, she'd rounded on the poor sod who'd bumped her. In that moment, it hadn't mattered that he dwarfed her, that he was broad-shouldered and larger than her in every possible way. Her hands slammed against his chest, all of her weight behind them. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Sure, it had been an accident, but that didn't mean her anger wouldn't turn on him.

Sylvia smacked him in the chest again, stepping forward as she pushed him back. "Do you realise how long I have been following him? Three days. And that was before he got on a freighter and hopped planets. After that? Two more days." Her voice had risen to a crescendo—hysterical, some might say. But in that moment, she was tired and angry, and this man had just extended this mission by another day at the very least.

Turning away, Sylvia rested her hands on her knees, taking a moment to cool off from her anger and catch her breath. Her lungs were still burning, and her thighs were hurting. Heeled boots were a mistake today. "That's great. I'm glad you're sorry, Cedwyn Blaidd, but unless you can tell me where that shithead's going, you can keep your apology and shove it."

teal123.png

It seemed that Sylvia was not in the best of moods from his 'accidental' bumping. Cedwyn didn't seemed fazed by her shoves or the frustration that she expressed to him. He kept a cool and calm demeanour that he waited for her to finish her expressing of frustrations and angry. "5 whole days? Did you not think to use a tracker? Much easier." It was a joke but was not something outrageous, Cedwyn stepped closer to her as he looked in the direction of the target had disappeared towards. He hadn't had the chance to grab a Force signature from the being to track but he wasn't convinced that things would be as tricky as Sylvia believed it to be.

"Well, if he is trying to flee. Makes sense that he is heading to the hangar to get a ship off world." Cedwyn shrugged, why run around and chase on foot if you can predict and outthink a target. "Best to see where free, cheap and long distance ships are heading off. Likely there to be some waiting around so as long as you got a pic or description of the guy we could find out what ship that he is jumping onto." Cedwyn pointed out, all it took was exchanging a few credits for such information and Cedwyn was willing to pay for it. Help her out.

Standing closer to her, towering the shorter person as Cedwyn smirked, "I always look to make things simple and easy, chasing the guy around will always have you be on the backfoot, trap him and make sure he falls for the trap." Cedwyn wasn't trying to be patronising but looking at the state of Sylvia, it seemed like she had been so focused on running around and chasing on foot when Cedwyn knew there were other ways to ensure they could discuss the potentials of joining the Black Suns.

"Come on good looking, asking around the hangars should be our starting point." Cedwyn heading the way as he carved through the crowded street.

teal123.png

Sylvia looked at him with an incredulous expression. He was kidding, right? He had to be kidding, right? It took all her willpower not to pull her blaster from its holster and kill him right then and there. Did she look stupid? Was that what it was? Because Nate had treated her much the same during their first encounter—after he shot down her ship, which led to her being strangled by some halfwit and then trapped in a collapsing and burning building, to name a few highlights from that damn mission. It had to be something about the way she walked or talked because she wasn't stupid. Quite the opposite, really. She was intelligent and had a fearsome reputation among both the rebels and the mercenary guild.

Sylvia could only stare at him, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, shocked and speechless, unable to get a word in edgewise to tell him she'd already done everything he was suggesting, twice. It was only when he turned to walk away that she snapped out of whatever trance she'd been in. "Excuse the hell out of me," her voice was haunty, words practically growled through her teeth as she stomped after him. "Do you think I'm an idiot? Do you think I'm stupid? Do you think I don't have a clue what the hell I'm doing?"

Each one was a rhetorical question, and she made a mental note that if he attempted to answer, she would put a blaster bolt in his torso for every answer. Falling into stride beside him, her own strides shorter but faster than his, she'd glared at him. "I already did the leg work twice. I paid the trackers; they found him; I bribed the spaceport authorities here and on Nar Shaddaa; he got past them both." Sylvia doubted very much that the kid was a good sneak-thief; rather, he had been extremely lucky.

She grabbed Cedwyn by the arm, once again not caring that he dwarfed her, forcing him to look at her and acknowledge her. "Ground rules." She said this while staring up at him with the same zeal and determination she always seemed to have. "This is my mission, not yours. You can tag along if you want, but the kill is mine, and if you get my way or if you mess this up again... I'm going to shoot you, understand?"

teal123.png

"Why did you bribe the space authorities on Nar Shaddaa?" Cedwyn asked genuinely curious, "people always find a way around them, especially to smuggle cargo that authorities would either highly tax or imprison them for. Nah, better off talking to the ship owners or pilots for that information." Cedwyn held no respect for the space authorities on worlds, they were yes-men that people had to either work with or get around. And Cedwyn never worked with them if it could be helped. "If he got around your trackers, either they weren't doing a good job and you overpaid, or you didn't pay much and they gave up. A good tracker keeps working till the target is caught."

Cedwyn paused. "I am not here to call you stupid, incompetent and whatever else you might assume. I am here to see how well you work, especially how well you work in a team." He paused then shrugged, "the Black Suns are rising up in numbers, taking over the Hutt space after the cartel fell, I thought I would see how someone of your skillset would fit as a potential recruit."

"You can kill him, or try to, I ain't stopping that. But don't underestimate this guy. If he has spent 5 days on the run from you, that is more than luck. It simply comes down to he is lucky, and then you aren't as skilled as your reputation states, which I doubt. Or, he is very skilled and we need to reassess." Cedwyn was firm, no one was ever this lucky to keep getting away, especially with a trained, skilled hunter on their tail. "I doubt he can handle us both in a fight but he run away well, which is what we need to think about."

His eyes were cold steel, he gave nothing away in terms of emotions, he still held a smirk in his lips but he wasn't intimidated or willingly backing down. At most, he was just curious to see what she could do, what she was willing to accept in terms of his advice. "I still think that we should check out the hangars, talking to pilots and ship owners, they are the ones that will have the knowledge we want, not the port authorities." It was his plan but he was leaving the decision of their next move up to her.

teal123.png

The urge to throttle him was so prominent that she could taste the violence on her tongue. It was a palpable energy, rolling from her body in waves as she stared at him with an incredulous expression that would have made him drop dead if looks could kill. Sylvia was certain he didn't mean to sound like a condescending nerf herder; in fact, he even said as much, but he definitely sounded like a condescending nerf herder at that very moment. Cedwyn was talking and making assumptions without any information; he knew nothing about the target, what had been taken, why she had done what she had done, or why she was so adamant about tracking him down.

Sylvie crossed her arms over her chest as he went on, the expression on her face clearly showing that his words were meaningless to her, going in one ear and then landing on the floor without so much as having been touched. "I don't care about the Black Suns. I don't work for them, and their opinions of me, this situation, and how I work in a group don't matter." And that was the truth. Sylvia hadn't had dealings with them; they weren't on her radar, and she wasn't on theirs; they had no business in this conversation right now. She moved past him then, her shoulder catching him with more force than needed at that moment, but she was annoyed because of him.

"You can think what you want," she said while walking away, expecting him to follow. Either he would or he wouldn't; it hadn't bothered her. "I've already made every pilot in the spaceport aware that if he gets off this planet and I find out they helped him, then they'll have painted a target on their own back, and believe me, you don't want me as an enemy." Like most mercenaries, she had an arsenal of both weaponry and resources at her disposal, and the club generated more than enough income for her to afford the best of the best to make the lives of others a living hell, should it come down to that.

Reputations had a way of preceding a person, and hers certainly did. Even when she had been a pilot, the rebel pilot, rogue one, rogue commander, she had been known to be a death-defying, without compromise or competition, get the job done through any means necessary or die trying, kind of woman. Come hell or high water, she got the job done and got what she wanted, and to be clear, Sylvia was the hell and the high water. "Obviously we're going to the hangers. But I'm the point man here. You're just the muscle, got it?"

teal123.png

Sylvia Alvaro Sylvia Alvaro

The shoulder check from Sylvia had him looking at her. She was strong willed, determined and clearly annoyed with his approach. His approach to life and missions was one that some enjoyed and others hated him for. It seemed that Sylvia fell into the latter category but it was nothing that seemed to faze Cedwyn. He was use to this, he just had to shift things and when he had the chance to demonstrate his skills then he would be able to ensure that this fellow hunter was not assuming the worse in him.

"The Black Suns might not interest you or whatever, but I am here to see if I can convince you." Cedwyn walked in line with her, walking in purposeful stride. His hands stuffed into his jacket, "look, I know what your record shows and the things you have done. You have worked with others, whether directly or not, you have. So, the idea of you being interested in working with the Black Suns, an organisation seeking out people with your skillsets and willing to pay you well, that can't be insane that someone from the syndicate to offer you a cut."

He chuckled deeply, "I am not looking to be an enemy, perhaps someone that you'll want to grab a drink with later. Perhaps a few drinks." He gave a wink, his confidence flowed with ease. "And clearly you don't seem the type to give up when your mind is set on something. A good quality." Cedwyn complimented as he strode forward.

"The muscle?" Cedwyn gave a little flex of his muscles, teasing his strength, "checking out my muscles?" He knew that was not what Sylvia meant but he could not but help offer some flirtatious talk, Sylvia was very attractive and he could not help himself.

teal123.png

I know what your record shows.

She almost laughed out loud. He might have known what the records showed, but not the whole story. The then-Rogue Commander and Fleet Admiral had made certain not to include all the transgressions, like how she shot a colleague because he'd pushed a few too many buttons and invaded her space for a little too long. It didn't show that more often than not, she tended to put herself in trouble for the thrill of it. But with that thought in mind, she had to admit he wasn't exactly wrong. She was a long wolf, sure, but being a rogue meant she'd had to learn to work with others.

There was a certain camaraderie to being a rogue pilot: having someone watch your back and having their back when shit went south. Some days she missed it. The life-or-death dog fights with Sheena at her six, the drinking 'til it's morning, and the stumbling home celebrations. Yeah, leaving it all behind stung.

Sylvia sighed, some of the fight leaving her body with the heavy exhale, only for the tension to snap back into place at his casual and seemingly out-of-the-blue flirting. Sylvie wasn't a prude, not by a long shot, given how the last mission she'd been on ended. And she was certainly no stranger to a few late-night (and drunk) messages—even a booty call here and there. But it was evident that she was still awkward with it, at least in the beginning of friendships, acquaintanceships, or whatever. Green eyes rolled at him. "Please."

Even as they walked, she glared at him from the corner of her eye, her gaze going from head to toe and back again. "If I was going to check you out, and that's a big if, that would probably only happen if you were the last man on the planet or I'd had a lobotomy, then I wouldn't just stare at you, and it wouldn't be because of your muscles." She smiled despite herself before looking ahead, her green gaze focusing on the crowd gathering ahead. It wasn't that she was worried about him flirting or the people gathering, but rather that she was a woman on a mission.

teal123.png

He chuckled deeply when she called him out on the fact that she was definitely checking out his body. "Well, a man can only wish a woman as fiery as you would be checking him out. Call it wishful thinking on my part then." While some might have used fiery as a negative compliment, Cedwyn was earnest, the fiery spirit that she displayed, the laser focus that she was displaying. They were all attractive qualities in his mind that he could not deny were what he sought after or wished for in his partners.

Perhaps she would be accepting of his advances after the mission since her focus returned to the mission at hand.

Cedwyn wandered behind her, discreetly using the Force to ensure that they were tracking the person correctly. He had been able to sense the faint Force signature the man emitted, it was lucky for Cedwyn that the Force flowed through all things and allowed him to be able to track those that he noted. It was also a talent he never truly broadcast. Best to keep his Force abilities secret like this secret to give him the edge in bounty hunting. A skill or ability that others did not know he would be able to use if a race or desperate hunt was around for him to grab.

Arriving at the hangar, Cedwyn looked around casually, knowing exactly where the target was. "Oh... Isn't that your guy there?" His voice coy since he knew exactly who it was, however, he pointed them out as the guy was attempting to bargain with a ship owner for safe passage.

teal123.png

"Shut up," came her harsh response as her own laser-sharp focus spotted the target among the crowd. Her forest green eyes skipped over the thief and landed on the pilot he was speaking to, and in the same instant, her hand reached out to catch Cedwyn by the arm and pull him to a stop. She had made her point known to every pilot in that spaceport upon having arrived on the planet: if they helped that man escape, they would make an enemy of her.

The pilot smiled, laughed, and patted the thief on the shoulder, and as though he had sensed the wrath of hell on him, he turned to meet her cold stare.

"They're both going to run—" this was an absolute certainty "-and when they do, we're going after the thief. I'll deal with the other one after." Sylvia could pinpoint the moment his blood turned to ice in his veins; one moment he had been smiling and laughing, and the next he'd broken into a sweat. She had already started walking when he pushed the man away, no doubt suddenly declining to help him despite his earlier eagerness.

Cedwyn was forgotten with the first stride, and the crowd followed suit when she broke into a run. Sylvia had cared about nothing else in that moment except getting back what belonged to her.

teal123.png

Cedwyn sighed, the woman seemed to be rushing into the fray without a plan or strategy again. Just chase him and hope that he makes an error, Cedwyn shook his head, this wasn't how he thought this would be the smart play. Being subtler and getting the drop on the guy, however, this was how Sylvia wanted to approach the whole situation and Cedwyn decided that he was not running around the whole city to get a guy to escape again. Instead, Cedwyn reached forward with the Force, he wasn't going to stasis the guy in place that would be too obvious and revealing his skills too much. For now, all he was going to do was trip the guy up.

Using the Force, he yanked the right leg back. Sylvia would see the guy stumble then fall forward on the ground. Perfect opportunity to finally capture the guy.

Cedwyn walked through the crowd. Moving slowly, delicately through the crowd as he wasn't one to shove his way through since that would help no one in his mind. Rolling his neck slowly as he shrugged slowly before stepping next to Sylvia. "Seems fortune favours you today in your chase, lucky for me because I was not going to be running around the city after the guy." Cedwyn laughed deeply.

teal123.png

Green eyes narrowed as the idiot thief stumbled and fell; she looked back at Cedywn with a hard stare. Perhaps she'd hung around with Nate for far too long, but Sylvia had started to notice things—things that seemed like pure coincidences but weren't. Still, there was no proof that she could provide. While she might have had a knack for knowing when someone was nearby and not visible, which honestly had saved her hide more than she cared to count, she wasn't force-sensitive; she couldn't just go up to him and demand the truth because he would deny it.

Of course, he would; that's what she'd have done had their positions been reversed. "Yeah, sure, luck," Sylvia muttered irritably as she retrieved her blaster from its holster and levelled it at the thief on the ground. After three days of cat-and-mouse games, her patience was at an all-time low. A heeled boot connected with the man's chest with more force than needed, knocking him back to the ground. "Hand it over."

Sylvia was not asking, but demanding. He had stolen from her, and come hell or high water, she would get her belongings back. The kid hesitated, staring up at the two of them with wide eyes. Sylvia shifted her aim slightly, firing a shot into the ground near his head, bringing the attention of everyone nearby to them. She hadn't cared; she hadn't even cared that someone screamed or that there was a miniature stampede of feet as people started running.

"I don't have it! I sold it... sold it to some Hutt on Nar Shaddaa." He shouted, tears welling up in his eyes.

Sylvia saw red. It was like a haze behind her eyes, the heat of it clouding every rational thought. Or maybe it was because those drugs from a few days earlier were still lingering in her system. Either way, she fired again, this time not adjusting her aim to miss. The shot hit his shoulder, searing his clothing and flesh until his screams were mixed with those of the others. Sylvia turned away, expecting Cedwyn to follow but not particularly worried if he didn't. "God damn hutts."

teal123.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom