Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the Smuggler's Den (PM before joining)

Sar'Talani'Vek was standing in front of the now completed cantina. A large flashing neon sign that read "The Smuggler's Den" rested over top of the doors to the bar. It may not be the best name for a cantina that was being used as a cover business for smuggling, but it wouldn't seem out of place on a planet like Nar Shadda. It would be a nice hot spot for the local gangs and a good place to meet with potential clients. She had just finished renovating the place too. It was a lot bigger now and the top floor had been converted into an apartment so she no longer had to live on her ship. It also provided a nice career to fall back on if she ever had to get out of the smuggling business, though she hoped that wouldn't happen for awhile. It was so kind of her last client to trade her the deed to the cantina.

[member="Sar'Talani'Vek"]

A short looking human male entered the smugglers den. He wore a white robe, covering his legs and arms completely but revealing a very thin and pale torso. The man appeared albino.
He glanced, around the Cantina for a moment before spotting its owner, Talani near the bar.

With a bow he approached and placed a portable holoprojector on the bar.

"Madame, the wise and mighty Sempra Besadii Dakhun sends his congratulations to opening this fine establishment. He truly wishes to see ut prosper and grow so that your life will be filled with riches." he uttered with a weak and rather hoarse voice. "To underline his seriousness the generous Sempra send this gift as a token if his good will." he places a cache on the floor next to her. As it is opened what appears as an antique but fully functioning blaster pistol lays inside. "This mylady is the rare military pistols carried by Imperial officers during the galagtic war under Emperor Palpatine. Apart from being stylish it also holds a value to collectors of that taste."

"Furthermore Sempra requests that you contact him using this machine." he adds and nudges the holoprojector closer to Talani. For a moment he stands still looking about as if bewildred about what to do next. Then he bows his head and departs mumbling excuses to anyone in his path.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/55598-a-holocall-sartalanivek/?view=getnewpost

Talani blinked in surprise for a few moments. She carefully picked the blaster pistol up and examined. The Chiss had horrible marksmanship, and so she had no real need for it. It did look like with the right buyer it would fetch a nice amount of credits for her though. The girl smiled and turned her attention to the holoprojecter. So a hutt wanted to do business with her? She smirked as she took the device and examined it. The smuggler didn't necessarily like the creatures, but if it helped get her cantina up and running, maybe it was worth it. [member="Sempra the Hutt"]

With no more distractions for the moment, Talani began stocking the bar. She'd need to work on hiring bartenders, dancers, and probably some bouncers before she could officially open the place. Still, stocking the bar gave her something to do. She hoped someone would come in looking for a job soon. It'd give her someone to talk too at the very least, instead of leaving her stuck with this crushing boredom.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Nash needed something strong. He had a headache the size of the Tatooine desert, and it was all because of his last job. He hated working for the Hutt's but they also paid the best, usually. He was running spice for them, but instead of being an easy drop, it was a run in with pirates. Nash had to dump the load ad run, which subsequently drained his reserves to pay off the bounty on his own head. The Hutts always got their credits.

There was a cantina not far from the space port. He walked in, the brown duster he wore covering the chest plate and pants he was wearing. He carried a blaster on his right hip, and a couple of boot knives. The smuggler wasn't going to get caught off guard, though he left the big guns on his ship.

When he walked in, the bar looks empty, except for a lone female stalking the back bar. He smirked. The blue hue of her hand, and the ebony hair which covered her head gave away her race. It wasn't often that Nash ran into another chiss. In fact he was so used to being around humans, and other aliens, he almost forgot his actual name.

"Looks like I missed the rush. You got something strong, whiskey, rum, anything for a headache?"

"Actually, we're not open yet. I just finished renovating the place, need to hire some people to work in it now. I'm just stocking the bar because it gives me something to do, but I'll drink with you if you'd like," Talani called, smiling as she grabbed two glasses and large bottle of expensive whiskey. She filled the two glasses and slid on down the bar to him. She was wearing her usual outfit, a black leather-like vest covered in pockets with sewn in sheathes for vibrodaggers. Her arms were covered in arm guards of a similar material with vibrodaggers ringing her forearms. Leather pants covered her legs with several vibrodaggers and throwing knives strapped into thigh sheathes and her calves had weapons of the same design strapped to them as well beneath her heavy black combat style boots. Two vibroswords hung from a belt around her waist. The girl looked more like some kind of military special ops soldier than a smuggler the way she was armed to the teeth. The sheathes were all designed to keep her blades coated in powerful poisons and neurotoxins. [member="Nash"]

"Remind me to never piss you off," Nash said with a bit of sarcasm as he picked up the drink and nodded a thanks.

Nash drained the whiskey as if it were water and let out a sigh. He pointed to the bottle and tapped on the lip of the glass. His headache was already feeling a bit better, and he just wanted another glass for extra measure. Crimson eyes looked the woman over. She was very attractive, even by Chiss standards. Technically Chiss were not concerned about looks or sex as a thing for pleasure. Procreation was the intent when a male and female engaged in intimate encounters. Then again Nash was more human than Chiss culturally these days. The former CEDF naval officer made a living following his own orders these days.

"You need people to work for you, huh? Well I just about lost my shirt to the Hutts dumping my cargo on the last job I took. You wouldn't happen to be hiring down on their luck smugglers would ya? I might even need a place to stay, besides my ship."

Nash reached into the pocket inside his coat and pulled out a thin cigar.

"You don't mind do you?"

Talani shook her to indicate that she didn't mind.

"Smuggler, eh? I might have more than just cantina work for you, but for now I do need a bartender. There's an extra bedroom upstairs in my apartment as well. You can crash there until you find a place if you need too. I'll give you a few credits to help you work towards getting a place, but for the most part your pay will be a roof over your head, and three meals a day," Talani replied, smirking a bit. If he was a fellow smuggler, he might be able to help her with a few of her jobs. If he did well she might even send him on some runs by himself, of course he'd need to prove he was trustworthy first. [member="Nash"]

She had an extra room, could offer three hot meals a day, and extra work on the side. A few credits to build up toward rent on his own place was an added bonus. Looks like the woman had a bartender.

"I don't need much, so I'll take you up on it."

He raised his glass.

"To new opportunities," he said offering a toast and then draining the rest of the whiskey.

Nash made his way behind the bar, after lighting his cigar. This was a cantina after all, and when the place opened he wouldn't be the only one smoking inside. Well he wouldn't be when he was working anyway. Nash picked up the nasty habit working under the first crew that hired him after his escape from Chiss space. The match he was arranged for was not to his liking, and the Chiss wanted nothing to do with it. Now he did what he wanted to do.

"I'm Nash by the way... er... Ben'ash'toran. It's been a while since I was around another Chiss. Afraid I'm more human than Chiss anymore."

Talani raised her glass with him and drain it quickly. She was looking forward to seeing how this played out

"Sar'Talani'Vek, but 'Talani' is fine. My father wasn't much for our culture. After my mother died he turned to the smuggler life, and after a few years that life killed him. A deal when bad here on Nar Shadda, and I was stuck on the streets, an orphan. I joined one of the gangs and they took care of me. Once I had the money for a ship, I left gang life for the smuggler life. I knew exactly what not to do after watching my fathers mistakes, so it came pretty easy to me. I stayed cool with the local gangs due to my ability to smuggle drugs and weapons now. The cantina is just a cover, makes it look like I have a real job that makes a lot of money, so it's easier to hide the amount of credits I receive for my other job," Talani replied, laughing a bit at his comment about culture. Her father's only traditional views were in saying her name, and wanting to choose her husband. She frowned for a few minutes as she though about her deceased parents.

Her mother had died when she was three so she hadn't know her very well and was left with very few memories of the woman. She had heard plenty of stories about her mother over the years, and judging by what she had heard, her mother was a better smuggler than her father had been. She had even earned herself a nickname 'The Silent Knife' because if you cross her on a deal, you'd be dead before you even knew she was coming for you. The woman had also been exceptional at never getting caught or even suspected when running something illegal.

The death of her father had occured when she was about thirteen. He had to drop a load on a delivery for a hutt, and he didn't have the credits to pay them for it. The crime lord had killed him on the spot, she could still remember who it felt to have his blood and brain matter splatter on her face. A piece of his skull had even cut her face, leaving her with a scar stretching from the corner of her left eye, across her nose and halfway down her right cheek in a diagonal line. The hutts had spared her though, and she had been left on the streets. It hadn't been long before the young Chiss had turned to one of the gangs for protection. [member="Nash"]

Nash paused a moment as Talani told her story. It downright sucked to be honest. As much as Nash was not happy with what his parents had arranged for him, he knew he'd never wish to see them dead. In fact he did miss his family quite a bit, but not enough to secumb to the match, which likely could only get worse after he ran away. No his family was better off if he never returned.

"I ran away because my parents set up a match I wanted nothing to do with. It was good for the family, but woman they wanted me to mate with was mean, rude, ugly. There was only so much I could take, but a lifetime with that woman, no way."

Nash to a drag on his cigar and exhaled the smoke into the air away from Talani. He grabbed an ash tray and sat it on the counter of the bar. Tapping the spent ashes in the container he continued.

"I've been smuggling since. I'm a pretty awesome pilot, trained by the best in the CEDF Navy. There isn't anyone out there that has been able to catch me yet. Sometimes I have to dump the cargo to give me a distraction, but other than that, most of the time the job gets done right. I'd say 99.9 percent of the time."

Nash returned to stocking the shelves. If he was gonna bartend, he wanted the drinks set up how he liked them. Now was the time to do it. The whiskey glasses were pretty empty, so he filled them up again, half way, like he should. He didn't want to over pour and lose money for the house.

"So Talani, how long has it been just you then?"

It was his way of figuring out her age.

"My dad died when I was 13 so that'd be... about 5 years now I think," Talani replied, taking another sip from her refilled glass. She watched him restock the bar with her ever present smirk her face. She had made quiet a name for herself in the five years she had been on her own. She'd been smuggling for two years now, and in that time she hadn't failed a job yet, or lost a load. It was quite an impressive feat, for one so young. [member="Nash"]

"Been six years for myself," he said as he placed the last bottle on the shelf.

He rounded the counter again and stamped the cigar out and left it in the ash tray. Picking up the glass whiskey he had just poured, Nash pointed to the door.

"So does the apartment have an outdoor entrance. I'm assuming you don't want patrons getting in from the bar?"

Nash took another drink as he walked for the door.

"Wanna give me the tour?"

"Outside there's some stairs leading up to the balcony, but there is an entrance from inside. I'll have to add you to the retina scanner. The door is kept locked at all times," Talani explained with a smile as she lead the way out the back door. She walked up the steps and unlocked the door to the apartment, stepping inside.

"My room is the one of the left over there, next to it is a small study I use for business. The extra room is here, refresher is there, kitchen is over there, and this room is a vault, if I catch you trying to open it ever we're gonna have a problem," She explained pointing out the various rooms. Minus the large vault it was like any standard two bedroom apartment. [member="Nash"]

"The vault is off limits, but everything else is fine," he summed up as he made a note of which door he was supposed to stay away from.

He looked around and observed everything about the place was pretty standard for a two bedroom apartment. The only thing really out of place, besides the already mentioned vault, was the fact he was sharing it with a stranger of the opposite sex. It wasn't too often individuals randomly roomed together with someone of the opposite gender they had just met. This was different however, they were of the same race, and had unique reasons why it would work, AND on a temporary basis.

"Seems cozy enough," he said with a nod before turning back to look at her. "I suppose I'll move some things in over the next couple of days as I go back and forth between my ship.

He offered his hand to shake as some form of formal agreement to the offer the woman had made him.

"Your generosity is appreciated. You didn't have to let me stay with you. It certainly would draw a lot of illicit conversations among our people to hear of such an arrangement when we aren't even married."

The last bit Nash said with some sarcasm. Naturally they had both discussed how far removed they were from their culture these days.

Along with the envoy sent by [member="Sempra the Hutt"] was a second man. This one was armed and had a cybernetic eyepatch replacing what should have been his right eye. It was clear he was something of a bodyguard to the envoy while they were both present at the little gathering for [member="Sar'Talani'Vek"] and her smugglers. Looking around Dillon Trask began to wonder what sort of goods they had that would warrent Sempra's attention. Whatever it was he knew it had to be good enough to have him need to protect an envoy of all things just so she could speak with Sempra over a mahcine. Unless this was something of a joke mission and Dillon was only brought along to make Sempra look better. If that had been the case then Trask would be all the more annoyed at being treated like an errand boy for the Hutt. Still best to keep quiet about such things,​
When he'd finally seen the chiss woman in charge Dillon had shot her a smirk and wink. Despite her respond he didn't care. Wheather or not she accepted was her choice, but Trask would think to himself how it was her loss. But when she went upstairs to speak with the other chiss, [member="Nash"] , Trask knew it would be a while before he was needed. As such he looked around before trying to find the nearst place to drink and any avaliable ladies that he could "keep company".​

"Well then it's a good thing our people aren't here," Talani replied with a wink. Anyone who knew the Chiss woman well enough would tell you that she could be a bit of a flirt when the situation warranted it. She took [member="Nash"]'s offered hand and give it a firm shake before leading the way back down to the bar.

When she reached the main floor of the cantina she saw that one girl, a Twi'lek, had come in too asked about a job, but was being entertained by one of Sempra's envoy. She walked over to the two and held out a hand.

"Name's Sar'Talani'Vek, though you may find it easier to call me Talani. Tell Sempra I said thank you for his offer and I will be calling him shortly. Hopefully me and the hutt can do a lot of business together in the future. Please have a drink, I can mix something up for you, we aren't actually open for business yet, but I hope too see you here often when we are," Talani introduced herself with a smile before turning to the Twi'lek. "If you're here about a job miss, I can hire you as a dancer." [member="Dillon Trask"]

Upon finding a decent drinking spot the first thing Dillon did was scan about the place for a potential "friend for the night". A nice lookign twi'lek girl sat nearby, prompting him to stand and walk over. He hovered for a moment before sitting down closer to her and giving a promiant "Hi." After that he made sure to get her attention has he went on flirting with her, saying one thing about her looks and hiting he'd like to take her somewhere private for later. His advaces were hindered, however, when [member="Sar'Talani'Vek"] arrived and told how she'd like to do business with Sempra in the future.
At the offer of a drink Trask nodded and said "Why not. Whatever you've got. A nice shot of it." After that he turned back to the twi'lek girl, only to hear Talani offer her a job as a dancer. "Not a bad idea." Dillon said before leaning over and exmaining the twi'lek's backside. "You've got the stuff for it, babe." After that he leaned in and loudly whispered "Maybe you could give me a rpivate dance later. How's that sound?"

"Thank you, miss, I'll take it!" The Twi'lek girl replied, blushing a bit at Trask's advances. She nodded a bit though, smiling at his offer to take her home with him. Talani fought the urge to roll her eyes as she walked back to the bar. She grabbed a glass and returned to the table, handing him a shot of the strongest liquor she had in the bar right now. The Chiss watched the envoy for a few moments before turning to see if Nash had followed her back down the stairs. [member="Dillon Trask"] [member="Nash"]

Upon hearing the girl's agreement Trask chukled a bit before saying "Well alright." After that [member="Sar'Talani'Vek"] had managed to serve his drink, which he quickly gulped down before indicating he wanted another. he looked back to the twi'lek and said "Just wait for me at the front, okay, honey?" His hand reached down and groped her rear for a moment. "I just need to make a few last minute dealings." After his hand had wandered over her backside for a moment he gave a small spank and said "Go on now." Once the girl walked off, blushing at his actions, Trask smirked more before turning back to Talani and saying "Thanks for that." he gulped down another shot and said "Don't worry. I'll get her back before bedtime. Just let me know where you get some more girls in here. I've got a big bed after all. Need to fill the space somehow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom