Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the New Enclave

[member="Zator Carr"]

Okay, I feel I need to address this very clearly, so there is no further confusion or argumentation on the issue.

Zator: You are arguing the need to write in such a way as your character remains internally consistent. That's why you had him intentionally desecrate a place of peace and wisdom for the Jedi and challenge the GM to a duel to the death because you don't think he does enough.

I can understand that.

But our characters, and the Jedi as a whole, must remain internally consistent as well.

Now, you may not think much of the GM, but here are the facts:

1) It's an honorary thing. We created an NPC GM specifically to avoid arguments over the subject. [member="Sheila"], you've done a poor job of handling this in the Conclave thread. That is regrettable. The role was never intended to be used against other writers.

2) Zator: You mention not thinking the GM has done enough for the Jedi, and yet I hadn't even heard of Zator until a few days ago, and half the characters/writers involved in this debacle are either new-comers or they've been out of the action for so long I've never met them in the over year I've been writing with this faction. That's not consistent with anything. By default, it is understood that the NPC GM is doing what they're expected to as best they can and everyone's IC happy with them. That only changes if we as writers want to change it for the story.

3) Your actions were atrocious, and seem to disbar you from even being a Jedi. You desecrated a holy place, and then spat poison all over the place and attempted to hold other characters hostage. It wasn't even poison, it was a biological weapon, a disease. What if one of the species in the room is not able to endure a cure, or there is not one available for them? Then you've committed murder, if that character dies. That is terrible. I would recommend you delete those posts, or suffer possible IC ramifications for such drastic and unnecessary actions. If this is your character, your character is not a Jedi.

4) You have a character to be true to, but you also have other writers you need to be true to and respect as well. What you write matters, and if you're going to take action that might negatively impact the group, you need to discuss that with everyone first. It tells us what your OOC intentions are, so we do not go making the wrong assumptions and degrading relations between us all. It also gives us an opportunity to say "No, that's a terrible idea, please do not do that."
Respect my friend, respect.

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Thats the thing I have no OOC ambitions. I simply have none but writing Zator to do him justice. I don't care about OOC power or IC power. I simply write to write and shrug off things that happen IC but when people start complaining about how I rp my character then thats when the problem crops up. And as I said before its simply taking Windu or Hoth and cranking to a hundred or thousand. Too many people care about OOC instead of simply playing their characters these days.

IC consequences for IC actions. Not OOC consequences or whining over IC actions. People get it mixed up too much.

Oh and nothing IC wise will be edited. Either do something about it IC or nothings gonna change.

Everyone, I don't want to see any more insults in this thread. Some of you need to chill out.

[member="Zator Carr"] It's going to stay at five for now. Attempting to assault or kill the GM is not only a no no for the Jedi, but a crime within the GR. Roleplay how you like IC, but there will be consequences.

[member="Sheila"] Moving forward, I don't want you roleplaying out GM again. The GM was never meant to be used by regular members, I just made an exception one time because I needed to work on my Jedi Trials with Arisa, but there were no other masters available at the time.

The council exists as an element within the GR and the Republic Knights, so I wouldn't get so hung up about the site progression system. Aside from one person, I'm only seeing Knights and Masters apply/be nominated anyway. Council selection will be a peer-reviewed process among the other Order members, and the staff is monitoring, so you don't need to worry about someone unqualified sitting on the council seat. If the person doesn't live up to expectations, then they can always be replaced.

With new people with different ideas coming in, there's going to be some change. Try to work with them and compromise.You all seem to be on the same page about standing up the Order and fighting the Sith. The Order doesn't have to all go in one direction. Some want to go HAM against the Sith, some want to instruct, others hunt for artifacts, etc. All these things can be done at once by different characters, as long as it's in service to the Republic.

[member="Ali Hadrix"] I looked through that thread and saw that you had mentioned something about your character running the Academy. The civilian side of the Force Academy is run by a government official, and the military side by a commandant. As with the Order's grandmaster, they're NPCs for now. The Jedi are there as instructors and monitors against negative influences.

@Veiere Arenais I think I answered your question about what I'd like to see from the council in an above comment, and I agree that the GM NPC has been mishandled.

[member="Zator Carr"]

I am not complaining about your IC actions, and I'm not asking you to change them.

I am merely warning you that your IC actions are not consistent with a Jedi on any spectrum, and that you will be treated as such if you insist on your character behaving that way.

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

My use of the phrase "running the Academy" describes the role Ylva fills: She is a Jedi Master who teaches courses and instructs and guides the student population while functioning as a sort of administrator.
That is all.

I feel we are too wrapped up in the trappings of "Power." The conversations we've been having all betray that obvious truth.

As it stands, only faction staff have power of any kind, so let's focus the discussion on two things:

1) The stuff I mentioned in my previous post and,

2) How do we take the fight to the Sith IC (thru cooperative RP, not this BS map meta-game).

So far no one has commented on that stuff.

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

I have an idea, as most of you are aware Sochi carries the dark Jedi tag. This is because of her ulterior motives, her death and resurrection have put a strain on her mind and furthered her disillusion with the Force. She plans to kill it or attack it in anyway she can. This is her current story arc, and IC wise happens much after she'll sit on this council, etc or w.e you have her. The SSC will be involved, I'm putting this out there as a way to maybe establish ties with the group. (Underlining that so there's no confusion)

On the other hand, the One Sith is falling off especially with the capture of Coruscant. I think its safe to reach out to them and start organizing some skirmishes or something where the story line is central maybe even doing something similar to the events of The Treaty of Coruscant
(Throwing out ideas here)

I think reaching out to the remnant of the Jedi Order who are now apart of The Outer Regions Defense Force as you have people like [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] and [member="Shmi Labooda"] (myself :p ) who both have served as Grand Masters

-------------------------------------

It's to my understanding that the Jedi of the Republic are more traditionalist. That's what has been portrayed thus far. However being traditional doesn't mean we have to be spiteful and close minded to the other groups. Prequel Jedi adhered to their beliefs but didn't force them upon others and allowed different groups to exist to their own whims if they weren't able to bring them into the fold.

I agree with your love and hate list it keeps the scope opens and gives a sort of structure to follow when accessing ramifications for whoever.

As far as the philosophy, here are a few things I feel we should go by.

1. Reason first, kill only if you have to. Situations can go either way, but as a Jedi you shouldn't have the thirst to kill and draw your saber unless there is no other option. Attack only if your hand is forced...Murder is wrong and should come with consequences suitable to the situation.

2. As Jedi, we should fight to preserve civilization first we are peacekeepers and our job is to protect the people first and foremost. We are not soldiers for the Republic, and we should have the right to say we wont fight or if we will. if it threatens the people then we should be against it. No matter the side. That means we root out the corruption on our side as well and act accordingly.

3. We shouldn't judge any other philosophies because they don't necessarily coincide with our own. That wouldn't be the way, we should be able to learn from them as they can from us. We should however pay attention to their actions on a moral standpoint and then make an assessment.

4. Breaking the code or acting against our own should result in excommunication, or severance from the force, etc etc some sort of punishment suitable to the magnitude. A while back things got heated because of the lack of punishment etc etc. Set the rules in place and outline the possible consequences and we won't have any issue with people judging people unfairly.

[member="Sochi Ru"]

I like you're planned story arcs and I think they'll compliment the order well. I look forward to following their development!

The Jedi Order that left the GR faction months and months ago were traditionalists. The Jedi Order we replaced them with was intended to be of the Republic, by the Republic and for the Republic. That way, the IC loyalty is to the Republic and the OOC loyalty is to the GR faction.
The intent was to create a more positive and tight-knit faction, rather than always maintain these degrees of separation.
Many of our FU's write for other aspects of the faction anyways, so combining the two seems natural.

The Force Academy, which is where the Republic Order's Jedi candidates actually come from, is intended to reinforce this notion. It makes the Republic's Jedi essentially an arm of the democratic government.

I love this idea because it's not traditional. I've participated in traditional, prequel-Trilogy Jedi Orders so many times, I feel a fresh take will do the site and the faction well, not to mention the stories we'll be able to create.

I've always been more partial to Luke Skywalker's perspective on the Jedi and the Force; a case-by-case approach that places the Jedi as mediators first but combatants if necessary, and emphasizes the special missions Jedi are capable of taking on.

To be bluntly honest,I could care less about the Jedi Code. The Jedi were awesome long before the prequels introduced the traditionalist notion of the Jedi, and though I understand that people love organization and a feeling of officialness to their writing, I've only ever seen this take up time that could be spent writing stories.

I think we need to focus on what promotes story-telling and create our own organization rather than adhering to am an existing incarnation of the Jedi.
For that reason, I think we should stick to tenets such as what you and I have been discussing:
1) Nonviolence as the primary means of conflict resolution.
2) Don't murder folks. Or steal. Or I think we can all agree this stuff is pretty obvious.If it's not, ask.
3) Don't abandon the Jedi or the Republic.
4) IC actions have IC consequences.

I think that's the only regulation we need over our Jedi characters. Anything else (like punching holes in the Temple lol) we can discuss as a group when it comes up.

Basically:

1) If you see something, say something.
2) If you have an idea, all yourself if it expands our writing:
a) Yes = Speak up
b) No = Ask a fellow writer before initiating a group discussion over it

So I think you and I are on the same page for the most part Sochi, regarding how things ought to function OOC.

I definitely want writers to remain traditionalists if they choose so for their characters, but in summary I think that the Order overall should be these things:

1) Be intimately connected with the Republic faction.
2) Only enforce light standards on conduct (murder, ticking off entire factions, etc)
3) Enforce those standards IC
4) Only RP through coordination, no surprise threads/attacks/etc on other writers and factions

[member="Sochi Ru"]

I forgot to comment on relations with the OS.

I would love to reach out to them and organize some friendly RP. I can see us doing something like connecting with their worlds and populations merely to help, and convincing them to allow us to do so without military action, etc.
Basically see if the Sith will let us act as missionaries.

Just ideas is all.

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Awesome, I'll be posting the thread some time today and I'll be sure to inform you guys when its up and you'll have the choice of participating or not. :) However I think it would be a good way to solidify relationships with SSC and ORDF for the future.

I think if your going to go the intimate route with the Republic put in place some advisors for the chancellor or maybe even think about establishing some military ranks, only a few though because we don't want this to turn into the Jedi rules all type of thing.

However, everything else I agree with. :)

I do think we should organize some sort of story-oriented stalemate. Both sides have been fighting the war for a long time and with the loss of Coruscant they probably are looking to lick their wounds as should we. Looking over all that has happened, IC wise we've lost the trust of the people. Constant war doesn't do well for those who can't protect themselves and get caught in the cross fire. What about them? Especially since the Jedi have split numerous times...if we were to try and rebuild we would have a lot of trust to get back. Thats an area to start with, forcing some sort of treaty or stalemate would allow us to do missionary work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom