Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the Jungle (Ossus)

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
@[member="Velok"] @[member="John Harrison"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Valik heard the Whiphid's description of making a Lord of Pain, and sneered at the old one's opinion. He would deem such a process worth the skill he knew the Whiphid was executing. Still, the Whiphid had provided some other solution, one that sounded as if it involved his technical expertise. It amused Valik that the Whiphid thought Valik's assistance on a project was payment, more of a reward. It was a win-win situation in Valik's eyes, and not an opportunity to be turned down.

"I will join you in your experiment at Nam Chorios then." Valik said, before the Emperor's Champion arrived and asked to join Velok and his apprentice in their upcoming journey.

"I'll join all of you later." Valik said and left the group, heading towards their more pressing objectives. Valik had work to do and a planet to conquer and explore, it was time to move on from mere villages.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Several scouts reported in and Sirella inspected them. Emisaries from local villages were apearing now, some in support and others in oposition of this new united Ossus under Sith rule. One such report came in as the plant observed the site of the carnage. Sirella snorted at the waste. It was necessary but it was still a waste. The village lay in ruin before them, it's inhabitants slaughtered. A warning, a symbol. This is what it meant to oppose the Sith, to oppose order. Sirella shrugged and kicked a body with her toe, they were just meat. She walked back to the gunships, where the military men and loyal Ysanna had set camp. The Ysanna were already adapting to the Imperial way of things. This caused Sirella to crack a little smirk, all was going according to plan. From the gunship she took a holoprojector and set it up in the clearing.

A topographical map shot to life showing the planet and villages located around them. "In red are marked those villages who have pledged themselves to us." It was a good portion, but scattered. Many had only sided with the sith because their neighbors sided against. Old grudges made for easy manipulations. "We now have information that the confederation of tribes in opposition to us, are gathering here." She pointed to a large jungle on the map. Their sensors could penetrate the thick canopy but it would be hard to use their air support efficiently in that area. The leaders of this confederation were smarter than the average savage. "Grey is neutral villages, not yet declared." She noted, "If you will notice there is more blue and grey than red." A toddler would be able to understand her. Three of the grey villages lit up in yellow on the "These three are the largest, we need them on our side before we take the fight to this fledgling confederacy. Split up however you wish, and convince these villages to join our cause, using any means."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="John Harrison"]

"Very well, then, Shorn. Stick with me, and I'll make a man out of you."

Sirella's strategy assumed all manner of best-case scenarios, but its success or failure would rest on her, so Velok shrugged. His eyes gleamed with recently acquired and unearthly knowledge. "Shorn, Harrison, with me. We'll target Village Aurek. Shorn will challenge the village champion, Harrison will engage in a battle of wits with the holy man. All that's required, Harrison, is to know things you could not possibly know."

The old lor pelek took off through the jungle, slow but steady, drawing on the Force to enhance his endurance. It would take perhaps an hour of Force-assisted running to reach the village.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik inspected the map presented to the Sith by the Zelosian plant master, and then noted the Whiphid taking his apprentice, seemingly named "Harrison", to one of the three yellow villages, clan Aurek. Then he noted the mouse droid @[member="MSE-007"] looking at the map, and then noted it's retreat to the Sith Master's gunship. If this mouse droid was the angry, bloodlusting droid he had surmised him to be in the past hour, he reasoned the droid probably wanted to tag along for some destruction. If the mouse went for the gunship it meant he probably didn't find his gears fast enough to get there in any reasonable amount of time.

@[member="Samanthe Quiwl "]seemed to be particularly attached to this droid. Valik thought to himself. Gaining an ally in a noble, bloodlusting Sith could be as easy as some simple modifications. Valik decided it was worth the effort, and followed the mouse onto the gunship. He went over to a soldier and asked for his Chimera blaster rifle, then brought it with him over to the mouse and began deconstructing the rifle.

"Alright Mouse, if you let me do this you won't be able to move for a second, but afterwards you'll be able to move much faster than ever before." Valik said as he mapped in he remembered the inside of the Mouse Droid when he fixed it, and determined where to put in the additional blaster powercell, how to rig it to only power the wheels, then also how to get the Mouse to go from Blastercell to normal cell and vise versa if one of the two power sources faded. Overall, it should have increased the movement speed of the mouse by around 43%.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The little droid squealed and squalled with delight. As his housing closed up after Valik's modification, he spun in a small circle, wheels smoking.

He blatted in satisfaction. His blaster muzzle oriented itself to point at Valik, then turned away -- a good solid acknowledgement that Valik was now on the 'not-to-be-shot' list.

It was a short list.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik chuckled at the Mouse droid's @[member="MSE-007"] acknowledgement, an interesting way to convey that he like, or at the very least didn't hate, Valik.

"I'm not to be shot then? I'm honored." Valik said a bit jokingly. "I've got to go though, take care of one of those larger Villages. You gonna come?" He said as he began to leave, heading for the Village of Besh.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Valik"] - Village Besh

MSE squealed in acknowledgement and zipped out of the gunship. A well-trodden path linked the villages, and he set out for Village Besh, as the map designated it. With 43% extra speed, the trail just flew by.

The jungle cleared, and the village sprawled out before him. Without hesitation, MSE sighted on the nearest Ysanna warrior and put a blaster bolt through his skull.

Sam did her thing while with everyone, but decided to head off with the droid and Valik. Like the droid, she had a very short “not to kill” list, Valik found himself on that list quite easily when he modified the droid the first time. This time after this modification, Valik can consider Samanthe a fan. A grin spread across her face as she looked down at the little droid speed off, the speed enhancement was quite a wonder. Sam, not wanting to be left behind quickly took off down the beaten path towards the next village

She looked towards @[member="Valik"] and smiled at him. It was the sweet and warm smile she gave the mouse droid moments ago. Valik had gained an ally, who knew droid modifications were the key to Samanthe’s heart.

“You’re pretty amazing Valik, Doom Rider seems to like his modifications”

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
@[member="Samanthe Quiwl "]@[member="MSE-007"]

As Valik had guessed, the action of working on the droid had spoken volumes to the noblewoman, as despite her cold, murderous demeanor she greeted Valik with the same soft, generous smile he had found her to wear after he gave the Mouse a blaster.

“You’re pretty amazing Valik, Doom Rider seems to like his modifications" The woman said to him, and Valik smiled in return, while chuckling slightly at the name "Doom Rider" for a Mouse Droid. Valik found it cute, in a sadistic sort of way.

"Mouse droids aren't that complicated to work with. I could teach you a few things about them after we're done here Ms?" Valik asked her name, presented her with an opportunity to learn, and gave himself with an opportunity to solidify his connection with the Noble. Shortly after Valik sent his invitation, Valik heard a blaster bolt fired, and looked over to see that the Mouse Droid had just blasted the head off of a Ysanna. A nearby Ysanna charged at the droid, but Valik rushed towards it and sliced the hands of the man clean off.

"I will speak with your leader, or more will suffer." Valik said and stared coldly at the man. He wasn't sure if the Ysanna could understand his words, but he understood his face, and motioned for him to follow. Valik followed him and motioned for the woman and the mouse to hold their fire, for now, and eventually the trio arrived at the biggest hut in the center of the village, presumably the Chieftens, filled with members of his Village, and seven differently-clothed Ysanna, as if they were representatives of the other village or tribe.

"I will allow you to speak, despite your transgressions at our gate. I will know why you came from the stars." The ysanna spoke a broken, but understandable form of Basic. Valik took the lead and stepped forward, to speak for the Sith.

"I am a servant of a great Empire, the Sith, and we wish to bring prosperity both to the people of this world, for joining us, and for ourselves, for having access to the resources of the temples and great people left here." Valik stated diplomatically, remembering his Master's work with dealing with other species. Much better to let them think the Empire brings the food and the sword, rather than one or the other.

"These people have come and destroyed two villages. They are barbarians and demons, sent to kill us." The Ysanna representative outburst. Clearly he was representing a force meant to join up and oppose the Sith.

"I will do what is best for my people. What does you 'Sith' have to offer?" The chieften said indifferently to the representatives statement.

"The Sith offer great power to those who can learn." Valik said and demonstrated with a bit of lightning circulating around his hands. "If the chieften will allow it, I'd like us to demonstrate our strength to your village."

"You will kill none of my people Sith." The chieften replied nearly instantaneously in opposition to his claim.

"Then allow me to show our strength against this band of men sent to bring you to their cause." Valik said and pointed to the Ysanna ambassadors. "I will wager my best two against their best six." Valik said and motioned to the woman and the droid. They would enjoy the destructive distraction.

"Very well. You will do battle in the ring." The chieften replied and began to rise and walk to a circle in the middle of the village.

"But chieften-" One of the ambassadors began.

"If you have a hope of beating this empire you'd better be able to beat them with better numbers." The chieften merely replied, and the ambassadors armed themselves and went to the Ring, with their leader and Valik joining at the either side of the chieften.

Lord Ghoul

L
Village Aurek
@[member="Velok"] @[member="John Harrison"]
The three Sith came upon the second village. Apparently, they had already received wind of the Sith's prior visitations, or perhaps they literally saw it upon the wind. Even from here, smoke could be seen rising from the village the Empire's 'finest' had laid to waste. The Ysanna were armed for battle. They wore tribal masks carved with menacing features. They watched the approaching Sith, whooping occasionally. Shorn glanced to Velok and the apprentice, then shrugged and stepped forward.

"Ysanna, send out your best champion. If I beat him, you will submit to the Sith Empire. We will not destroy you. If I lose, you will be spared. Win win." Mikhail unclipped his lightsaber from his belt. Immediately, a flow of cold darkness surged through him. An urge to fight roiled within his muscles. "Don't be stupid."

John Harrison

J
@[member="Velok"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

John was full of undeserved confidence as he approached the village, his previous encounter with the Ysanna leaving him in an overly confident state of mind. Stopping before the Ysanna as Mikhail challenged their champion, John smiled his consciousness slipping into a beautiful vision wherein he was, entirely sure that the dark side was capable of defeating the ignorant tribesmen, wherein he lavished in the darkness.

As he cut through swathes of the inferior beings, he watched them disappear into explosions of blood and flesh. Rich Ysanna blood developed from centuries of ritual breeding would be spilt upon the ground where he stood, disappearing into the wind as the remaining Ysanna burned. John could sense it, could taste it, yet it was not real, a brilliant experience channeled through the force.

He could smell the flames, taste the sharp flavour of their blood as it flowed in cataracts across his face, hear the dying screams of the primitives, yet it had not yet happened. Glorious. Simply glorious. Shaking himself from the delectable vision, he strode on, heading for the spiritual leader of the tribe. He could sense the ancient knowledge coursing through his mind, feel the fear running in his blood. This could be enjoyable.

@[member="Sirella Valkner"]

(Any Apprentices/Knights looking to go to the third village, Im setting it up)

The third village lay deep inside jungle territory. Skorn had been there at the base camp with the others and had chosen his target along with the others. He now rode in one of the gunships. Along with more Sith, Knights and Apprentices and the basic Sith trooper squads. This was going to be tricky. The quickest solution would be to take the village by force. But a long drawn out and costly conflict served no one. The mission was to take the village. Not to reduce it to ash.

So perhaps a softer hand would be useful.

"We are coming up on it. Its just behind that hill. Place is called Chendug. Translates to Cloud Top Village or some such."

The pilot chirped in. Eager eyes all turned to the sides to catch a glimpse of the village. What they saw was very disappointing. The village was a fortress. It was built into the other side of the hill. The rock side of it. High up with possibly secret entrances. The whole thing would be a mess to assault even with double the men they had. Taking the violent hand now would only invite trouble. Skorn moved closer to the Pilot.

"Well this looks promising. Fly a pass over the village, request to land. Tell them we are a diplomatic mission from the Sith Empire here to establish official ties."

The pilot nodded and began broadcasting, He banked slowly about and circled the village.

"Wow, I can see two maybe three pathways up. All would be well guarded. Yeah this would be a nightmare alright."

But perhaps fate would allow a better chance.

"It worked, they have given us permission to land. We are to keep our weapons and shields powered down though."

He nodded and the pilot complied. The Gunship flew onto the landing pad and set down. No sooner had they landed though that armed guards bearing some sort of energy lances surrounded them.

"Ready weapons."

Skorn spoke to the troopers and his SIth companions. Then turning to face the growing circle of armed guards he stepped out unarmed.

Lord Ghoul

L
The champion of the Ysanna emerged. Six foot eight. Probably over two hundred pounds. A massive man, all giant lumps of ebony muscle. He wielded a vibro spear and a shield of some unknown material. Tribal tattoos swirled around his face, arms, and legs. All bare. Mikhail's eyes widened in surprise. Oh boy. The giant advanced toward Mikhail. The dark haired Sith smirked savagely, muscles moving into action as he charged the gigantic man. Mikhail felt him in the Force. He had an aura. Small, but skillfull nonetheless.

Adrenaline surged through Mikhail, filling his body with power amplified by the dark side. It raged through him, giving him the unnatural grace common to Force Users. He sped forward, quick as a hawk, his lightsabers lashed out in a blur of violet. The devouring blade met the haft of the vibro spear. The collision was staggering. The shield came forward, crashing into him. Mikhail saw stars. He stumbled backward, head spinning. A flash of warning tingled along his spine. He dived to the right, rolling across the grass and dirt, barely avoiding a spear which lanced out overhead. It would have taken him in the gut.

Mikhail had had enough. The champion of the Ysanna was skilled. The landing of that shield bash spoke as much. One did not lay a touch on a Sith and lack in ability. However, this Ysanna was the champion of a small village. Mikhail was a Champion of the Empress. An Empire which spanned thousands of worlds. True, he put no store in titles. But for some reason, he felt that since he had it he might as well live up to it. After all, it would be embarassing to die at the hands of a village warrior after sparring with some of the galaxy's most powerful.

His roll put him at an angle to the Ysanna warrior. He moved with lightning speed, striking like an adder. Precise, but vicious. His lightsaber swept out, the Ysanna moved to avoid. A Force-enhanced fist struck the giant full on the mouth. Something cracked. The giant reeled backwards, blood spraying from his mouth. Mikhail's hand screamed in pain. Mikhail followed swiftly on the blow. The Ysanna raised its shield to block him. Mikhail's violet blade sheared through hide, bone, and the fleshy arm beneath. The wound cauterized instantly, otherwise the champion's stump would have been spewing blood as it flapped wildly, half a shield still attached to it.

Shorn grasped the man in the Force and fixed him in place with a telekinetic weight. He parried the incoming spear thrust, sidestepping instead of trying to lean away - which would have killed him - and running his blade along its length. Severed fingers fell to the grass, soon followed by the soft thud of the spear.

Mikhail stepped forward and casually decapitated the defenseless Ysanna Champion. He continued walking forward as the headless body slumped to the ground. He glanced at his hand as he walked forward. His knuckles were bloodied badly. He could see tendons and bone. The Force could strengthen, but it could not make the body impervious to all effects. It took its toll, just like a force of nature. For that was what it was.

He stopped walking, headless body behind him, and stared at the crowd of onlooking villagers. "You can surrender... or you can die." He shrugged. "I don't care either way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom