Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the Colosseum!

Top-10-Fiction-Set-in-The-Roman-Empire.jpg

Hey everyone! So I'm pretty new to the site, and I'm sure this has been done at some point, but I was thinking of writing up a gladiatorial style coliseum RP. I don't have everything planned out just yet, but it could be a mixup of PvE against various Star Wars beasts and such as well as random NPC enemies and of course PvP where we can swing some nonsense to keep players from needing to outright kill each other. Perhaps we the players make up some of the best and therefore are assets our owners may not be willing to give up for whatever sum this particular event is offering. I'm also playing with it in mind that perhaps a group of the fighters may be looking planning an escape but we can get creative with that once the thread starts up assuming players are interested.

Rather than equipping players with typical Star Wars kit I was thinking we'd use more rudimentary weapons and such although there's always room to be get creative with it of course. The planet I had in mind was Affavan since it's in unoccupied wild space. In a downtrodden, smog filled world as far out as it is, it makes sense that something like this would go unseen and uncared for. In any case, if anyone's interested or has additional ideas, just let me know!

I'm glad people seem interested! I'll try to come up with more of the particulars asap, but again, if anyone has any ideas or storylines they're looking to pursue w/ it just let me know so we can make sure everybody is getting what they want out of the story. To answer a question I got via DM, (answered directly as well), the idea is that the combatants have been bought as slaves and trained as fighters by various houses on Affavan. But, should anyone want to have their characters to be volunteers we can work that in of course, albeit again it would be with rudimentary gear. I'm not sure if ya'll would want to commit existing characters that have either done the former and volunteered or have somehow been captured but that's all up to you. I'll have some NPC house names and more details put together soon!

Vella Forte Vella Forte Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Xrgggnka Xrgggnka Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Wasswa Timve Wasswa Timve

I'm keeping the LFG open a little longer before I create and link an OOC discussion thread to give a chance for maybe a few more players, but I know at least one other whose making a fresh character to join. My main question for everyone is if you're using these character profiles? As I said before if you want these characters to join in without being captured we could have a list of volunteers who join in for a chance at credits. Otherwise, they would have to belong to one of the houses. I know it seems obvious that these profiles are those that would join but I'm just making certain.

The details I've come up with so far (and will repeat in the OOC discussion thread) are something along these lines:

The Colosseum will be one of semi-typical design, except the arena itself is extremely modular and can be quickly manipulated (mid-battle should the houses wish) and walled off at parts so as to create something like a maze or allow for several partitioned fights to take place at the same time. Directly below the arena is of course all of the traps and beasts that accompany such a savage sport. A level below the actual stands are loosely interconnected lobbies and holding areas (in the shape of a ring since the area directly under the arena is where the beasts and such are held).

There will be five higher houses, each headed by a Dominus who owns their own gladiators. There will be house Styvl, Relia, Nocturne and Aras who hold territories outside of the colosseum, and house Vorst whose family had built and grew the arena. Feel free to use these houses or create others of your own. I just wanted to establish a few so there'd be some existing material for everyone to work with. My character is owned by Arius Styvl, Dominus of house Styyvl. I'll setup the Discussion page either tomorrow or the day after, then we can jump into it!

Xrgggnka Xrgggnka If you're trying to bring in a Rancor, well it would make sense for such an arena to have one but there'd have to be some caveats to that because with basic weapons idk how anyone could even scratch the thing, on the other hand if you were just one of the arena beasts you'd need to wait for someone to fall below, or to be released into the field before you could really participate (which might not be fun). It could be worked in since it makes sense for our setting, it would just need some work to be fun for everyone & require some setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom