Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Welcome To Hell

Sith-sunfire.png
Familiar.png

"So, you've ever been to hell before?"

Bright orange eyes stared towards her companions. On her shoulder, the almost human like bird she used as a familiar. She never went anywhere without Vorthruz. Even if she had a choice. She let her gaze linger for a moment longer, then turned back to the gate. There weren't many gates to the Nether, but leave it to the Sith to have one of their own. Where this one led though? Sofiel had no idea. Perhaps that was part of the fun of it all, though. A little mystery in a realm of death and power.

Where the Force reigned supreme.

"I'm exited, I think. Fascinated for sure. The world where the dead roam free." A far too calm smile took over her features.

Oh yes, she was thrilled.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Luck

Luck

L

"So, you've ever been to hell before?"

"If Nar Shaddaa counts, I was born in Hell," Luck remarked with a grin.

This wasn't Luck's scene typically. He was a pure blooded criminal, though and through. He'd much rather be out on some sad, crime-ridden world. Joining spice runs, tearing out people's spines in gang warfare. The simple things in life. He was technically supposed to be out repping the Sith Order in the underworld, but he more or less used it as an excuse to cause problems as he saw fit. He certainly wasn't as fascinated by the prospect of the Nether as Sofiel was. A frown formed on his face as she pondered what awaited them.

"Probably a 'fire and brimstone' deal, right?" he shrugged, "Certainly a good mood setter, but I wouldn't exactly call it prime real estate. I don't imagine they have booze in hell either."

The witch boy yawned, sliding his helmet onto his head. He didn't particularly like being given missions. Luck preferred to go it alone as well. Less people to have to keep track of. A pain, really. It was much more fun to fly around the galaxy and cause chaos.

"What is it we're looking for here?" the acolyte asked. "Some kinda weapon or somethin'?"

"I cannot say that I have ever had the pleasure, no," Malum said, approaching the Gateway to the Nether with some trepidation in his heart. His hands caressed across the gate, and he could feel the Force call to him, in such strength and veracity, that he had rarely felt before. It was in many ways antithetical to his last encounter with the Nether, Elrood had been... horrid, not for the reasons many others had felt, the death and the rancor had been terrible indeed, but he had already seen much of that... still there was something unique about seeing a blood moon across the sky, something unique about seeing a Star Destroyer crash into a planet's surface and wipe out a city in mere seconds, something unique in cutting down civilians, that had their minds infected by some... thing, from this Nether.

It had to been the second time he had been cut off from the Force.

To feel so dead, yet still, walk.

To feel no life, but still, live.

The Malum that was left, was a husk, unemotional, dutiful, and unflinching.

That Malum only had a singular goal.

To regain the Force.

The Force called to him through the Gate. He had a feeling that he would not be cut off again a second time, but strangely enough, Malum had no concern with having that Malum come out again, to experience the world so utterly different.

It was euphoric.

He turned away from the gate, as he considered the two individuals before him. They one was a stranger to him, the other... a friend? He was uncertain if they were strangers to each other. Acolytes as him, though he was uncertain if they had a master. Ambitious, like him, though perhaps in another way entirely, to make a scheme to enter the Nether, that may have indeed been beyond him entirely.

But here they were regardless.

"I cannot say I have been to Nar Shaddaa either, but I will take your word on it being its own hell," Malum replied politely enough, the overly formal strut in his voice never quite going away, mentally noting down that the man was from Nar Shaddaa, what use was that? Malum did not know, "Indeed Lady Sofiel, what are we looking for?" Malum said, turning back to face the female acolyte, that had assembled this party.

Sofiel Sofiel Luck

Last edited:

Sith-sunfire.png
Familiar.png

"Depends on where you go. There's all kinds of dimensions and realms and portals throughout the Nether. Some more.. Friendly than others. I don't think I've seen fire and brimstone yet." She stepped beside Malum, setting a hand on the gate. Smiling that cold, emotionless smile. Home. How interesting it was to feel it through skin, even outside the portal. For the briefest moment her smile twitched to a frown.

Before she forced it back to that calm expression.

"Exploring, for the most part. Should we be looking for something in particular? Is there something you both might want?"

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Luck

Luck

L

"I don't think I've seen fire and brimstone yet."

"Really?" Luck frowned behind his helmet. "Guess all the stories are bull chit then..."

That was a shame. It would've been hilarious if the nether was a flaming hell-scape covered in lava and screaming souls. That really sucked a lot of the fun out of this entire venture.

"Something I might want?" he remarked. "I doubt the netherworld has such a thing. I'd rather not share with the class though, so consider it a secret."

The first choice of what he wanted to find was a burger. Hell burger sounded rad. But second was something far simpler. A kill switch. Something that could, with great ease, tear the entire universe asunder and send it up in flames. The end times, Armageddon, whatever the hell you wanted to call it. Luck wanted to watch the universe burn. Whether it was out of morbid curiosity or some kind of twisted obsession, he couldn't say, but the ultimate form of fulfilment in his life would be stopping the sun from setting. Everywhere, for everyone, for the rest of time. In fact, time could burn too for all he cared. That would be perfect.

"How 'bout you... whatever your name is?" Luck asked the other present Sith apprentice. "What're you looking for? I promise I won't judge you."

That was a bold faced lie. If it was stupid, he would one hundred make fun of him.

"I am afraid I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to things like this, I am looking for a bit of everything and anything, Hell is an uncharted frontier beyond even Unknown Space, there will be much research to conduct," Was he salivating over that prospect? Quite possibly, though he contained himself as best as he could, keeping it mental rather than physical, "And how rude," Malum said turning to face the male acolyte, offering a hand and a genial if steely smile, "Malum of House Marr, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

He was not lying about the reasoning for this project, not truly, his stated objectives were his goal. But there were always stretch goals when it came to projects, always further objectives that one was not certain they could fulfill but hoped that they could regardless. For him, those goals were simple enough, he wished to find evidence of the origin of Adeline's staff, and too, any other relics and artifacts within the Nether, within Hell, his fire ring still burned warmly at his fingers, and though it was not a Nether artifact, he could only imagine what great existed beyond the veil if only he could grasp it.

And well... impressing Adeline would be a nice enough bonus indeed.

"Nothing in particular Lady Sofiel," Malum said turning back to face the female apprentice, the one that had aided him in finding Darth Marr's Holocron, when so many others had failed him, turned back and fled at the first sign of turmoil. She had stuck with him to the end though, at Korriban, and she was the one he was eager to ask for when he would make his eventual trip to Zakuul, to recover a very important lightsaber.

"Shall we depart then?" He spoke softly facing the veil with his two companions both.

Sofiel Sofiel Luck

Sith-sunfire.png
Familiar.png

"Boring, both of you."

For a moment the smile dipped. Perhaps she shouldn't be too surprised, but to walk into hell for no reason but idle curiosity.. Those were the types of people she disliked most. No deals to be made with someone without purpose. .. No, these were Sith. Those were the types who always had goals, but kept it to themselves. The smile returned as she nodded towards the portal. The rift in time and space that they were going to walk through.

"Yes, lets."

Luck | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Luck

L

"Boring, both of you."

Beneath his helmet, a sly grin spread across his face.

"Is that disappointment?" Luck asked coyly. "I didn't know you cared that much."

He laughed heartily, throwing his head back ever so slightly. The prospect of such a collected individual being disappointed was far too amusing to not laugh at. Luck didn't care either way. He was here for fun, or whatever fun he could have anyways.

"Malum of House Marr, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Isn't that a mouthful," the witch boy remarked. "I'll just call you Mal. Rolls off the tongue better. Name's Luck. I'd say the pleasure's all mine, but I ain't one for formalities."

Luck very much wanted to get on with this so he could get back to the slimy underbelly of Nar Shaddaa. The lack of gang warfare and corruption was really starting to get on his nerves. So, the moment Sofiel said that they should be on their way, Luck was the first to step towards the gateway. He passed through the gateway backwards, giving the living world the double bird as he did so.

The others were here for research. Luck was on a field trip.

Malum offered a blink, then another.

"Mal?" His mind considered with a thoughtful expression, it was not an uncommon nickname, certainly, it had been the nickname most would default to if they wished to grant him one. Still, by this Luck person's own admission, he was not certain if the name was given with respect or disrespect.

He would be one to watch for certainly.

"Well then Lord Luck, pleasure to meet you," He was certain the man was no lord, no sir, but it was hard to teach an old dog new tricks, and he had been raised in an environment where everyone was a lord.

Malum offered a smile, turning his head to consider Sofiel, she was never one for politeness and pleasantry, with others that may have grated on his nerves, but such a hard outlook on the world could be appreciated as well, and it certainly was, in the depths of Korriban.

"My apologies, after the Holocron on Korriban, it seems I have grown far less imaginative," Malum continued his genial smile as he approached the portal, next to Sofiel, "But let's see if anything catches my eye when we enter, hmm?" He said, conveying to the portal and offering her to go through first.

Sofiel Sofiel Luck

Sith-sunfire.png
Familiar.png

"Sith should have lofty ambitions, right?"

She flashed Luck the usual smile before giving Malum a single nod. It was interesting how obsessed he'd been to get that Holocron, but surely that wasn't the end to his ambitions, right? Hopefully. Or maybe he was just keeping it close to his chest. Right. It was still weird to think that there were people who'd do such a thing among allies. A shame the Sith were so often traitors to themselves.

Then she moved. Flashed a much brighter smile that still never met her eyes as she stepped backwards into the rift. Vorthruz followed closely behind, and once they were through, everything changed.

Sofiel took in a deep breath as her gaze followed around the Shifting Bazar. Home, or close to it. Being in the Nether of course brought a change to her. More free to change her form, more free to be her, or perhaps the Nether itself was the one shifting her. A heavy blackness hung above her head, shifting in a circle. Making something like a halo to just float above her head. And Vorthruz's, at that.

"Welcome to the Bazar. They sell just about everything here. Just make sure you don't agree to something you don't know all the details to, mm?"

Luck

L

0CX5YL3.jpg

Shifting Bazaar
Tags: Sofiel Sofiel , Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

sith_lad_divider.png

"A marketplace? In hell?" Luck remarked, holding in a laugh.

Now that was truly unexpected. Somehow capitalism had made its way into the nether, though he doubted that these salesmen dealt in credits. There was surely some value to Sofiel's warnings to not agree to anything they didn't know the details of. Luck was the last person to want to end up in a soul contract. He hated contracts. Far too orderly, along with the pesky soul binding. Freedom to spread chaos was the only thing he'd ever agree to in such a restricting manner.

"Well, perhaps I may be able to acquire some drink after all," he mused. "Wine from the pits of the netherworld must be quite rare."

Rare enough to get wasted off of, surely.

"Sometimes too ambitious," Malum said absentmindedly, as he stared into the portal, if history had a common theme, he would be dead placed to say it would be of the woes of overambition, reaching too far, and falling too short. Such a theme could perhaps be said to apply to the Sith most often, how many of them had fallen in quests for conquest, immortality, and crowns?

Far too many.

He blinked as he saw Sofiel fall backward into the portal, a smile much brighter than she normally displayed.

He blinked again, as he stepped forth.

He almost stepped back, as his mind comprehended the brand-new world that he had fallen into.

At the very least he could say, hell looked the part, and then at the very same time did not. There was a red tint in his eye, almost as if he was staring through glass, yet no fire and brimstone, or at the very least not here. His eyes gazed curiously and hungrily at everything round him, hooded figures, and various knickknacks across various tables.

That was until Sofiel spoke of details with purchases, and his eyes took a much more cautious hue.

Luck himself, who had seemingly followed behind him echoed his thoughts rather well, a marketplace, or rather, a bazaar in hell, that in itself was a rather bizarre thing. Still, Luck also seemed to be far less cautious than him as well, speaking of buying alcohol from this place.

Malum himself internally squirmed at that, researching everything from this place was one thing, but placing himself as the subject to try food and alcohol from this place? He had a feeling most would be poisonous to a human like him.

Instead he turned to Sofiel.

"So what do you recommend we look at?" Malum said, noting down what he could by sight, yet without context that was woefully limited. Sofiel was their guide, and he would need to follow her deeper into the depths, to see if there was anything worth purchasing.

Though it was in that instance as well, that Malum wondered if they would even take credits.

Sofiel Sofiel Luck

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Rare enough to sell your soul for, in some cases."

She chuckled. Emotion seemed to be more.. Free, here, for her. She turned on a heel, clasping her hands behind her back as she walked forward. Hummed a little tune. It was an old Chiss lullaby, one she'd heard when.. Well. She wasn't sure when. But it was very much just a part of her soul as any other aspect of her being.

"Look where you'd like. Find what you seek to find. Anything and everything is offered here. I'll be searching for.. My own little desire, I suppose. You're welcome to come along, if you'd like. Perhaps you'll find what you seek along the way?"

Luck

L

0CX5YL3.jpg

Shifting Bazaar
Tags: Sofiel Sofiel , Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

sith_lad_divider.png

"Look where you'd like. Find what you seek to find. Anything and everything is offered here. I'll be searching for.. My own little desire, I suppose. You're welcome to come along, if you'd like. Perhaps you'll find what you seek along the way?"

"Sure," Luck shrugged. "I'm probably not buying anything. I don't believe in transactions anyways."

Why should he purchase anything when he could simply stab people. It was all the bonuses of getting something without the downside of having to pay. Money wasn't real anyways, and it would ultimately be worth nothing when the Galaxy finally met it's fate.

Total annihilation.

For now, he'd simply tag along. Maybe even have a little fun. After all, who could tell what was lurking in such a dark and demented place? Maybe he'd get a chance to cause some chaos after all.

"That would likely be best." Malum said, placing himself behind Sofiel, as she hummed some sweet song that he had never heard before, she was certainly far friendlier here than she had been before. Well, that was not entirely accurate, she was plenty friendly out of here, but that feeling never reached her eyes, he had long ago found. That he had long ago thought had been due to the peculiarness of her eyes, but it would have been too simple an explanation.

At least he could resoundingly put it away now, some flicker of feeling was there in her eyes now.

She was home.

Malum had never fully considered that she was a creature from the Nether, but well, was it too odd a theory now? She had confidently brought them to this place, confidently led through it, and even confidently brought them to the portal in the first place. Was it the portal she used to reach the galaxy in the first place? He had no idea.

Still, he knew he was not wandering far from her, numerous eyes peered inquisitively at him, or he hoped they were inquisitive.

He really did not need a fight.

He kept his hands on the hilt of his lightsaber, hidden by his robes regardless.

There was another reason he did not wish to stray far from the group too of course.

He had absolutely no idea how to return to the galaxy, if he got lost.

To say the least, that would be a bad thing.

"So what is your little desire, if you do not mind me asking?" Malum called out, as Sofiel kept walking ahead.

Sofiel Sofiel Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom