Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Welcome, New and Old Underworlders | Day Four

j6Mgy2I.png

"From there,
we went outside and saw the stars."

Dante Alighieri, Inferno

No new features in this update, I instead wanted to take a moment to welcome the huge influx of new members to Star Wars RP.net. We're in the midst of a large expansion within this New Year and there's many things both you and I can be excited about. We've been announcing the new changes and you can see announcements for the past month referencing all the changes we're working on, including the Town Hall we held where it was discussed in large detail.

Chaos can have it's ups and downs, just like any community, and I wanted to just disclose some things for all the new members - or returning members - to help you fit in the best with our Star Wars fan community. There's been a few members banned in the opening waves for just blatantly breaking rules so let's go over the quick "I don't want to read the rules, Tef, give it to me straight, how do I not get banned."

Step 1. Read the rules. Specifically, the General Rules, those're the ones that get you banned.

Step 2. If you didn't read the rules, don't be a dick and you'll probably be okay.

Step 3. PvP can be fun and exciting. Factions are very fun for this! But dodge the toxic angry lords. We've got a whole year behind us of people ranting and raving about made up points.

Step 4. Be respectful! The most memorable writers and characters in this community and others are usually the kindest and most giving

Step 5. When considering Step 4, understand that sometimes people won't want to talk to you. You're not owed a conversation. That's important to remember. Sometimes, they'll just report you. And it's my job to ensure this community remains about writing Star Wars stories - it's not my job to keep you and your friends together at Chaos. So be careful that you're not crossing lines with people! Feel a situation out first before YEET YEET SKRRRTing everywhere.

Step 6. If you keep it about the writing, about the Star Wars - you'll never have an issue. If you bring OOC into it, if you bleed OOC, you're probably going to have a problem here.

Step 7. Lastly, Staff members are volunteers and we. are. HUMAN! We make mistakes. I've made countless and very public mistakes. But we do this, we serve this community, because we've made a lot of memories and had a lot of fun here.

Step 8. On the heels of that, if you need help with a ban/timeout/suspension, go directly to myself or the other Head Admin, @Valiens Nantaris. It's pretty difficult to get permabanned here - most bans are for frivolous stuff, or refusing to talk to an Admin. As long as you work with us, we're willing to work with you. Again, please see Step 1 and Step 2.

The forum is buzzing, the search engine is stuggling to keep up, I'm enjoying watching the largest influx we've had since before even Annihilations were announced.

And most importantly, welcome to Chaos!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom