Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weethrak

forest_monster_by_gianflo-d3adadz.jpg

Source: http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/Qwarkl/media/forest_monster_by_gianflo-d3adadz.jpg.html?t=1304796080

Name: Weethrak
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Retalik
Language: Telepathy, Mental Imagry
Average height of adults: 99.06 meters
Skin color: Varying shades of brown, sometimes green from mosses or plants growing on them.
Hair color: No hair
Breathes: Type 1
Strengths:
+ Appearance: Their massive size and satire can throw some off, as most would not want to mess with such a beast. Just the sheer size of this beast is daunting and is considered a very deadly creature to hunt.
+ Physical strength: Weethraks have unparalleled strength in just their feet alone. One stomp can leave craters in the ground. However, this strength is rarely used. Eating soil and rocks helps strengthen this armor, as it is converted into vital nutrients that enhance the durability greatly. Even more so, if enraged the beast can act like a Rhino and charge their own kind if provoked.
+ Mental strength: Weethraks are completely immune to mental attacks and control, much like epicanthix. In fact, their minds are powerful enough to ward off attempts from multiple entities at a time. However, they never use their own power for aggressiveness unless they feel they are seriously threatened. Their emphatic abilities allow them to communicate with multiple entities at a time, or a single one if they so choose. In this, they send ideas, feelings, and images to get their message across.
+ Natural armoring: Strong, earthen pillars and plates protrude from their backs. These are especially strong, rating a 9 on the armor scale. It is almost completely impenetrable to energy weapons and the like, as it is in fact much denser than normal rock. If fired upon from orbit, it will take quite a bit of firepower, even from turbolasers, to penetrate the armor.
+ Force powers: While the Weethrak have force powers, there is not much to be spoken of these powers. Consisting of a natural sense of Telepathy in the form of words, or images (images for children who do not know languages) Interpreting many languages through thoughts. The extent of these powers can range for about a thousand kilometers(give or take). The farther out you go, the weaker the ability for them to actively use the force. While they have the ability to go into the presence of a beings mind and speak to them, they can't attack or cause pain through thoughts as how a mentalist could. The can communicate to many beings at once, however the more spread apart they are in distance, or the increased number of people they are talking to, can cause pain in trying to stretch that far to reach them, or lose contact. being able to make contact with many kinds of species of animals and beings of the universe, They have found that through the mind is easiest to speak as the mind has all one language. Thoughts.
Weaknesses:
- Speed: Weethraks are incredibly slow. Though this is not a big issue for them in general, as they have very long strides. Even with their slow movement, they are considerably faster than most other creatures by the only fact of their stride. possible hunters could use this to their advantage.
- Weak spot: To those that take interest in killing Weekthraks, almost their entire underside is vulnerable between rocky plates. The plates rate a 7, while the hide underneath is a measly 4 on the armor rating scale. These plates do also not cover the underside of the neck, between the toes, or near the eyes.
Distinctions: Massive size, curved beaks, rocky appearance.
Average Lifespan: 1,500 standard years
Races: None
Diet: Trees and other vegetation, Rocks are also eaten to help with the digestion of plants. (rocks to them but boulders to humans)
Communication: Mental imagery, Telepathy.
Culture: Weethrak have no reproductive organs. They start out roughly half the size of adults, and continue to grow the more they eat until they reach their maximum size. This is also a reason for their strong minds and immense knowledge, as it is very likely for a weethrak to rise where another once died. When a weethrak dies, it fades back into the planet, and becomes little more than scenery. Many have theories or stories that these creatures are born of the Mountains and they rise up from the will of the force.

However, in truth, these creatures lay eggs in immense sizes that are placed within a dead carcass of one of their kind. Acting as a home or an incubator for the egg, as well as rocks and the local area to protect and incubate the egg(s). The eggs are made Through the use of Force powers of the Weethrak to influence the hatchlings to grow from the parents.The birth of a child takes place much like how a Fish reproduces. A female will lay eggs, or in this case, regurgitate an egg and leave to go and find food for the upcoming child. The father will then find the egg and fertilize it by regurgitating his sperm cells. The Father will then stay with the child as it hatches, much like a penguin, until the mother returns with food for the child. Once the Female has returned the Male will leave as his job is done. While the mother stays behind to raise the child.

The parents stay in the general area in a span of a few thousand kilometers to influence the egg to grow. Once the creature is born, The parent stays with the child for a time span of a year for the child to mature in some form. The parent takes care of the infant, protecting it from hunters because of its much smaller size, as well as its ignorance of the harshness of the world. As the Child is new and has to grasp an understanding of the world, they are very curious as all children are. The parent's supply food for the child of small or "smooth" plants and vegetation as the child as a weak stomach. Taking care of the child necessaries to the point where the young adult Weethrak can survive on it's own. From there, the parent will leave them to their own devices. This process of taking care of the child can range from one to almost two GSY.

When the creature will die. They will look for an area that is rather flat or has a wide valley for them to lay down in. by the use of their long limbs they will cover themselves with the surrounding area and literally form a mountain out of their body. many thousands of years will pass by and unlike other creatures bones, the Weethrak's bones dissolve to dust and with the filling of dirt will create a literally mountain out of their armored plates.
Technology level: None
General behavior: Though they may look threatening at first, weethraks are in fact very docile. If one is found, there is a great chance it will be sleeping. These rests can last anywhere from 50-150 years. When they are awake, they spend their days eating.
History: Weethraks are almost as old as Retalik itself, some even going as far to say that they are the living embodiment of the planet. Since the age of the planet is yet unknown, nobody is sure how long these magnificent creatures have existed. For centuries, the natives of the planet and even visitors look to them for wisdom, and lessons in patience. Currently, only four reside on Retalik.
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To create a NPC species that will commonly roam Retalik.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Gherron Vael"]
Greetings, I will be your factory judge for the evening,

Let us begin with their height, always put information like that in metric system, it just makes things nice and easy to compare to with other submissions, I already did the conversion for you, 325 equals 99.06 meters, please edit that in.

In Breathes section, I'm assuming you meant Type 1 instead of Oxygen, please change it to Type 1, here's the Atmosphere Quality article just for the reference.

In the Strengths section, I want you to add in information about their Natural Armor, since they clearly appear to have some sort of stone-skin protection about them, I want you to specify what their armor plates are similar in nature to, a chitinous insect exoskeleton, rocks, just normal hide, etc, then I want you to compare them to general armor rating we use in factory, 1-4 corresponds to light armor, 5-7 corresponds to medium armor, with 8-10 being considered heavy, specifying how tough their hide is, how tough the armor plates on their under-belly are, and how tough their shell is, I want to see specific number for each of those. That way one would be able to determine easier during RP whether an attack would be able to harm them or not.
I also want you to specify how each kind of the armor they have, hide, plates, and shell, reacts to strikes from kinetic weapons like slugthrowers, railguns, or mass drivers, and how it reacts to energy weapons, like flamethrowers, blasters, turbolasers, or lightsaber. These things are huge, big enough to be targeted by a ship over-head, tell me how easy would be for a ship to take them down.

Next, tell me how these beasts react to mental attacks on them and being manipulated through mind-tricks, I'm assuming they are vulnerable to them as they are Non-Sentients, but if they do have an immunity or resistance to mental manipulation, let me know by writing it down in the submission. Also, in the Strengths section please put down something about their Mental Communication and elaborate on it. Tell me whether it is telepathic or empathic in nature, the difference being in telepathy they would be able to show images and speak with other creatures by connecting to their minds, in empathy they are able to establish connection based on feelings and sense other creatures' feelings, in order to show other creatures images and their own feelings.

In Diet section you mentioned that they eat earth as well, please elaborate more on that. Do they absorb nutrients and minerals from soil by digesting it? Do they digest it all or just eat it to help them with their digestion as ostriches do? Perhaps the more soil they eat the harder their armor gets? Tell me more.

Tag me in once make those edits and we can continue working on this sub.

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Alright, the armor edits look good, don't forget to elaborate about how they eat the earth in the Diet section like I asked.

Also, elaborate on the Mental Strength section, this time I want you to tell me why they have immunity to mental attacks, specifically, compare it to one of the canon species who have a similar trait. There are the Hutts, who have strong resistance to mental tampering thanks to their high intelligence and structure of their brain, keep in mind they're sentient, it's high resistance as opposed to immunity (Revan was able to mind trick a Hutt for example) so it just makes it very unlikely for one to trick them unless it's a Master of Mind Control. There's also the Drexl of Onderon, non-sentients with high resistance to Mind Control due to the strength of their mind and ferocity, as with Hutts, it's high resistance instead of full immunity (Darth Bane was able to subjugate a Drexl after second attempt), and then there's the Epicanthix, sentients with full immunity to Mental attacks passed down through their genetics.

So tell me in the submission which one of those would apply to the Weethrak the closest, or any other if you know of another example that fits them better.
Tag me in once the edits are done.

Edited, comparing them to the epicanthix. The only reason i'm trying to make them completely immune is because I don't want some dude going to Retalik just to control a weethrak and bend it to his/her will. As for the request on the diet, I explained it in the strengths section under 'natural armoring' [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Alright, just noticed the diet thing, that's good, mental immunity is good as well, but I'll have to ask you in turn to change their designation to Semi-Sentients due to their immunity and ability to communicate with other beings through empathy.

For the Culture section, I want you to tell me about their reproduction habits. How does mating season looks for these creatures, how the females choose the males (For example if they settle for the first one they see since there's so few of them), how often the mating season is, where do they make their nests, how many eggs to they lay at once, how big the eggs are, how long is the gestation period before the egg hatches, are the young Weethrak on their own since birth or do they stay with their parents or parent for a while?
Then tell me what happens to Weethrak once they die, do their bodies decompose or just stay as they fall but take appearances of hills over time, their shells becoming mountains etc., you can go creative and spiritual with this one for other species on your planet :p

Also, tell me whether they prefer to travel on their own or in small groups, i.e. two parents and a child or two.

Tag me in once the edits are made.

Done. Since I wanted the entire planet to be connected in the sense that every living thing comes from it, I made it to where the weethraks rise from the earth. Does that... make them cannibals? o_O Anyway, yeah. Hope that flies. [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]
I can dig that, it's a pretty cool concept.

But now I want you to tell me how they rise from the soil and why. Are they creatures born from strong presence of the Force like the Theowen are, except when Theowen gained life from trees the Weethrak gained their life from the mountains? :p Elaborate please, but it's a pretty creative idea ^^

Tag me in once you're done writing about that and we can hopefully move on to General Behavior and History, almost done :p

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]
It's been over a week since you have PM'ed me about this submission, is this still an active submission?

After another week of inactivity since this post, this thread will be archived due to inactivity.

HK-36

@[member="Cade Lee"]

I can take it from here

[member="Morna Imura"]
In your edit regarding the birth and eggs of the Weethrak you have mentioned that they have Force Powers, I would like you to add a paragraph in the Strengths section regarding the said Force Powers, explain what the Weethrak are capable of and to what levels of power they can grow.

Also I would like you to make a paragraph in Strengths section regarding their telepathic capabilities and explain them, let me know whether they can communicate with multiple beings at once or just one, whether they can speak to anyone or just the members of their own species, what is the approximate range of their telepathy and whether they require eye contact with their target, and whether their telepathy is based on literally speaking into somebody's mind or sending out images to communicate as it states in the Communication section.

Furthermore, your edit is a bit contradictory, in a paragraph just above it the submission states,

Morna Imura said:
Weethrak have no reproductive organs,
So, I want you to go through the Culture section and explain to me more how parenthood for a Weethrak works and where their eggs come from if they have no reproductive organs.

For General Behavior I would like you to expand the paragraph, it is a bit short, perhaps tell me how they behave when they meet an outsider from their world?

For History the only thing I would want elaborated on is the number of these creatures. It says that only four are around, tell me whether that for Weethrak is a lot, whether it has always been just four, or if they are in decline. And if they are in decline, tell me what caused such? Have they been hunted, was there a sickness that touched the planet that affected them? Please, elaborate.

Good news is, after all of that you should be almost done if not completely done.

So, please, address these concerns and tag me in.

HK-36

[member="Morna Imura"]

Alright, let's start off with the easy point,

In Communication please add in "Telepathy" after the "Mental Imagery" noted just to keep things organized properly,

Now, what concerns me is the range listed for their telepathy, 1000 kilometers, which corresponds to the distance they would keep to their young. That would be like contacting somebody near Western German Border while being in Warsaw, or somebody in Washington D.C. while being in Chicago, that's just distance references for you and me. So what I'll do is do a bit of research, talk with other species judges, and maybe writers who write dedicate mentalist characters, and with that I'll make a judgement whether you should decrease their range or keep it as it is.

So once you're done coming up with birth and parents, let me know, and I'll let you know what I'll settle on their telepathy range.

So far looking good, we're at the final stretch here.

HK-36

[member="Morna Imura"],

Looking good, I settled that you can indeed keep the range of their telepathy as it is, while it does seems large and a bit excessive, telepathy has been used in canon over larger distances, and since these creatures are few and scarce, they would indeed need to communicate over such large distances as 1,000 km to get in touch with one another.

For their reproduction and parenting in Culture,

Morna Imura said:
Weethrak have no reproductive organs.
With current edits, I believe it would be easier to just remove the sentence that cites them as creatures with no reproductive organs, otherwise I would have more questions that followed, like if they have no reproductive organs then how does one distinguish between a female and male Weethrak? Is laying eggs just something a female is capable of or would both the father and mother be capable of both supplying the eggs and sperm for reproduction? In that case would it mean that their gender does not depend on biological setting but rather on who lays the egg first as the other Weethrak has to supply sperm if it did not supply the egg to keep genetic variety? So one generation Weethrak #1 would lay the egg and be the Female/Mom while Weethrak #2 would supply the sperm and be the Male/Father, the other it would be Weethrak #1 that supplies the sperm and #2 that supplies the egg, their sexes swapping places?

So unless you would be ready to answer all of those questions, just remove the bit that says they have no reproductive/sexual organs :p

Also,

HK-36 said:
For General Behavior I would like you to expand the paragraph, it is a bit short, perhaps tell me how they behave when they meet an outsider from their world?

For History the only thing I would want elaborated on is the number of these creatures. It says that only four are around, tell me whether that for Weethrak is a lot, whether it has always been just four, or if they are in decline. And if they are in decline, tell me what caused such? Have they been hunted, was there a sickness that touched the planet that affected them? Please, elaborate.

Still need to do that, please

Tag me in once you take care of those edits, thank you for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom