Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend Treasure Hunt 31: Sparks at Midnight [OPEN]

karol-wieczorkiewicz-rengkok-city.jpg

TARIS​
UNALIGNED SPACE​

///...when they bought it. It's in the Lower City on Taris, a whole new kind of interdiction field. Won't just stop hyperjumps, it'll rip ships out of the sky. So these Dug jokers brought it to Taris, right? Think they wanted to auction it off to the Sith or the Free Worlds or something. But a deal went bad with the auctioneer, who turned out to be a Gran, and now a Gran gang is grandstanding in the Lower City with this fething priceless interdiction module. Sucker's about the size of...well, it'll fit in a truck...///

///...anyways, then the Dug brothers who bought the thing put out a call for bounty hunters. Dead or alive on the auctioneer and the whole fething grandstanding Gran gang, plus decent money to bring back the interdiction whammy. That's why I'm calling you. Good cash if you've got your tetanus shots up to snuff...///

OOC/ In case this is your first Weekend Treasure Hunt, here are the rules.
  • Don't be a jerk by snagging the prize in a couple of posts. Give everyone a fair shot to interact, and respect everyone's actions.
  • I won't be DMing this thread or posting to it, most likely. Do as you will.

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
The sound of oxygen pumping through his helmet was the only noise he could hear. Deadeye looked around the debris field as he drifted lifelessly.

"Hey, you with me?"

A little block appeared in the top left corner of his HUD, a feminine voice came from the red pulsating shape, "Yes, I'm well."

"What happened?"

"The throne exploded, Harris is gone, and your armor protected you from the blast. I have recalled the ship now and we can get out of here quickly, just don't breath to heavy, or you'll be out of air quickly."

Deadeye continued to roll slowly, He breathed slow and steady, As he drifted, he seen a small light appear.

"Is that my ship?"

"Negative. I am just now picking up multiple contacts, The ship is 150 meters out, I recommend that you use your boot thrusters now."

"s***, okay."

Deadeye rolled himself to face the faded nav-marker that just appeared on his HUD, he slowly tapped a piece of metal from the wreckage. he pushed off of it in the direction of his ship. He seen the lights turn on and the cockpit opened. The ship flew close and passed, the rolled dived beneath him.

"Can you please not draw attention to us winter?"

"Sorry."

It was too late, The scavengers spotted his ship dodging and weaving through the wreckage. Deadeye pushed a button on his wristband and he felt a kick and push as his boot thrusters kicked in. He aimed for the open cockpit of his small fighter. He drifted up against the outside and grabbed a pole. He pulled himself up and into the one-man cockpit and closed the canopy. He hit the chair hard and quickly turned to put on life support. A faint voice spoke from the computers, that got louder as air poured into the canopy.

"Pressurization sequence complete.​"

Deadeye looked down and smiled, he reached for his controls,"​BOOM!​" The ship shook as blaster bolts from one of the scavenger ships clipped the wing of Deadeye's modified A-Wing.

​"Didn't forget about our friends, did you"

​Deadeye grunted, "Damn..." He pulled the fuel valves to seal the right wing and pulled up hard on the controls, Deadeye whipped around and tried to get behind the ship, but it stayed right on his six. Bolts flew past the canopy of the ship and he turned his head and looked back.

"Winter! How far back is our friend?"

​"25 meters and closing, If your gonna do something, do it fas-"

​Deadeye cut power to the engines and pulled all the way back on the controls, he stopped and flipped right over the top of the enemy ship and rolled right behind it. He slammed the thrusters to max and slammed into his seat. He looked closely at his sights and stuck his finger on the trigger. The enemy fighter weaved and barreled from side to side, Deadeye focused hard and pulled the trigger.

​"PEWW!!!!"

​The bolt hit the ships back left engine and it dived left, Deadeye watched the pilot try to pull up as the ship smacked into a piece of debris and explode. He looked up.

​"One target remaining."

​"I've got him."

Deadeye zoomed up behind the ship and lined up the shot, the ship was oblivious to the conflict that occurred just seconds ago. Deadeye pulled the trigger and the other ship's back exploded, the ship spun out of control and hit a piece of metal from Harris' Throne.

​"Both targets destroyed"

​"Great news. I think I need a drink. What's the nearest system with a good cantina?"

​"There is one on Taris, that's only a few jumps from here."

​"Okay, set the coarse."

Deadeye pulled the thrusters back to half, aligned with the target and turned the dial to hyperspace.

Insilico hide within the steam of a chimney of a factory, overlooking a shady cantina in the Lower City of Taris. Completely hidden except for his rifle peeping out from the steam to watch the entrance.

Having sighted no Grans, Insilico decided to climb down from his over watch, and enter the cantina. His main body slowly lumbering through the entrance and into the smoke filled room, and walking to a booth in the corner to observe and wait. Having no contacts in the lower city would certainly make it difficult to track the gang, and working alone would be dangerous, he would need to catch someone alone.

Insilico's chest opens, revealing his small torture droid self. Gazing around the room with a warm blue light, before popping out snd flying over to the bar, looking for someone interesting to converse with.

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
Deadeye's A-wing zoomed through the sky of Taris, his ship bucked and creaked as he came through the atmosphere. The ship''s battle-wounds were chatred and icy.

The A-wing turned and veered off to the right, adjusting itself and then Landing on a pad near the starport. The canopy slid open and the gas from the inside released out in a steamy haze above the open glass. Deadeye's grunted and then pulled himself out.

"Damn, my clothes are damaged, my cloak is burnt, and my armor is dirty."

He waited a moment, but the AI didn't respond. Deadeye just casually took the cloak off and grabbed his change of clothes from under the seat. He quickly through on his replacement utility vest and pants, then put the armor on over it. He grabbed his helmet and began walking down the street to the cantina.

The bar smelt of alcohol, deathsticks, and sweat. In the corner, a Band played tunes at a steady rate on their intruments. Deadeye stepped in, wearing his damaged mandalorian armor and black under clothing. He had his pistol at his belt.

He looked around the Cantina and spotted a stool off to the right. Naturally, deadeye walked for it and sat until the bartender came for him.

"What do you want?"

Deadeye looked up athe him with his brown eyes, the bartender seen the massif "x" shaped scare on the right side of his face and began to stare.

"Can I just the Captain''s special?"

"Sure."

Deadeye handed over a few credits and then began looking around as the batender made his drink for him. He noticed a small torture droid walking around, looking to converse.

"Hey, droid!"

The droid looked up at him. Deadeye motioned for the seat next to him.

"Come here."

Deadeye grabbed his drink from the bartender and took a sip as [member="Insilico"] approached.

Insilico floated around in the smoke, eyeing up everyone for a possible target when [member="Deadeye"] called and floated over to him, hovering above the chair as he looked the bounty hunter up and down with his warm blue light

He says in a chirpy voice "Good evening fine sir! What brings a strapping lad like you to this part of town?"

He chuckles and lightly floats up and down slightly "Have you too heard the call? Or am I just making no sense here and taken you for someone not in the fine profession of bounty hunting?"

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
"Good evening fine sir! What brings a strapping lad like you to this part of town?"

He chuckles and lightly floats up and down slightly "Have you too heard the call? Or am I just making no sense here and taken you for someone not in the fine profession of bounty hunting?"

​Deadeye looked at the floating droid and thought for a moment. "Well, if I'm not, what would I be missing out on?"

Deadeye's eyes shifted from the droid to the drink at the bar. He cocked his head back and took a swig from the drink, he then waited a moment, then gulped down the rest. He let out a heavy breath and clumsily put the glass down. Deadeye turned back to the droid who just watched him chug the drink.

​"Well? What would I gain from assisting you? Because I need a ship, or at least enough credits to buy one that can carry some people."

Insilico watches him chug his drink, then cocks his body to the side of a bit and thinks to himself "Oh kark, maybe he has no idea what I'm talking about.. Oh well it's too late now, maybe we can help each other out."

Insilico clears his non-existent throat and says to [member="Deadeye"] "Oh, well, I'm just going to go ahead and assume you've heard about the bounties here on Taris. Apparently theres some missing interdiction field that is worth quite a pretty penny. If you're looking for a ship, perhaps we could work together bagging and tagging and grabbing? I too need a ride off of this chithole"

His warm blue light slowly shifts to red as he says "The guy who flew me here probably would not like to see me"

Insilico shakes himself a bit as his light returns to blue, and he looks around the room nervously waiting for [member="Deadeye"] to respond

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
"The guy who flew me here probably would not like to see me"

Deadeye let out a little chuckle at what this little orb had just said. He turned towards the little droid, for the first time revealing his while face. The droid noticed the scars for the first time and focused on them for a moment.

"Fine droid, I'll give you an opportunity to work with me, we can be partners in this damned search for this interdiction field. But you have to agree to this. We split 50/50, and i get the a majority of any bountie payoits we collect. Those are the conditions. And I promise that afterwards, I'll safely deliver you anywhere in the Galaxy you want to go."

He stood and stepped towards the droid and looked into its pale-blue 'eye'.

"Do we have a deal?"

Deadeye grinned at the droid and stood waiting for [member="Insilico"] response.

Stares at the scars for a second, knowing he had made the right choice for a partner in this situation.

"Sounds like a marvelous deal, my good man! I'm fine with you taking most of the bounties. But I must request" Insilico's eye suddenly turns bright red, as his multitude of implements of pain suddenly all pop out. The worn bone fragmenter, the dirty drug injector, the glowing electroshock probes, his bloody flesh peelers and dulled joint cripplers "That I have some quality time with a few of them"

Insilico floats there for a brief second, before shaking himself and retracting all of his tools and his light returns to its soft and friendly blue and clears his non-existent throat "Uhm...I shall return post haste!"

Insilico suddenly flies off, across the room and recedes into the body of a dirty 3PX droid, the chest closing around him and suddenly standing up, lumbering over to [member="Deadeye"], and dragging himself onto a seat.

The vocabulator crackles as a heavily modulated voice comes through. "My name is Insilico."

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
Harris inspected the small droid. He smirked and turned towards the bar and grabbed his helmet by the inner ridge of it's chin-piece and then slipped it on over his head.

​The Voice modifier kicked in and made his voice sound deeper an more robotic. ​"You can call me deadeye."

​Deadeye adjusted his pistol holsters. When he stood directly in front of the droid, It finally noticed the still freshly dented armor. The droid looked at deadeye and his armor puzzled. Deadeye's armor was dented and bruised, with multiple area's that were discolored due to the heat from blaster bolts hitting him, he was wearing the remains of what was once a cloak, but was now a tattered, torn, and burnt piece of cloth, wrapped loosely around his neck. He was wearing dented knee pads and black clothes under his outfit.

Deadeye tossed some credits onto the bar and walked off. He stopped near the doorway and glance back the droid and motioned. ​"You coming? I was just in a hell of a fight and I need to fix up my armor nearby. I have a contact waiting for me, It'll only take a minute."

​Deadeye motioned again and stepped out, hoping for the droid to follow him out.

Insilico eyed [member="Deadeye"]'s armor.

He quickly picked up his battered rifle, lumbered through the smokey room towards the door and out into the streets, and the cold night air.
His head swiveled around, scanning the environment for any possible threats, even though the photoreceptors were badly damaged and could have missed minor details.

Insilico snaps his head back towards his new partner and says "The call zzzzffrrfzz..." Insilico makes a fist and hits himself right below the throat, right on the circuits for his vocabulator, correcting his voice "The call was very vague. Mainly referring to the Gran zzzzzzrrr" Insilico smacks himself once again "Gang and auctioneer. I believe finding the auctioneer would be an easy start. I can extract any information we need for him"

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
​"We will get to him soon, This contact of mine isn't an armor smith, he's a skilled criminal, and he has new armor for me. I haven't seen him in some time though."

​Deadeye shifted and then began walking, then [member="Insilico"] noticed and followed shortly behind. The two began walking down the streets of the city, which were surprisingly, not crowded. After some time, and some small talk with the droid, Deadeye turned to him and pointed to the doorway across the street.

​"My contact is in there. I'll be right back, Who know, he might join us."

​Deadeye walked across the street and into the shop.

Inside the shop, it was crowded and packed with pieces of armor and weapons. These were all things that deadeye would never wear. He pushed through the cramped narrow aisles towards the back of the store. He reached the back and seen a crate labeled 'E. Linston.' and grabbed it.

Deadeye stepped out of the back room, now wearing a more grey set of armor. This armor was new, freshly made and had many of the features as his old set. It didn't however have the signature cloak that deadeye had before. Deadeye moved a bit in it and liked the way it fit. Underneath the armor he had a black vest attached to the armor, and black camouflage clothing on underneath. He also had fingerless gloves and new leg armor. He looked satisfied in the mirror, he flipped down the night vision to see how it fit. He like it.

Deadeye turned around and walked further back in the store. He rounded the corner and seen an alien standing there.
"[member="Candez Stoon"], Long time no see!"

The alien turned to Deadeye.

Candez Stoon had come with one of his crew who was...somewhere. He lost them somewhere in the store. So he was just looking around, waiting for the contact he was meant to meet with. Someone he had met once, or twice...was it twice? He could not remember. He couldn't even remember their name, and when they called out his name, he turned thinking it was some old adversary. Even almost pulled a blaster on them.

"Oh hey...you." He stood there kinda awkwardly, gesturing towards them as he said that. At least one thing he did know, this was his contact. "What's up with you? Been good? Yeah?"

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
"I've been good since the last time we talked. Thanks for the armor."

Deadeye moved towards [member="Candez Stoon"] and leaned in.

"There is a droid named [member="Insilico"] waiting for us outside. I told him that you might be willing to help out on this task we have. We need to find an interdiction field hidden on this world. It pays a pretty penny, and we already have hits on an auctioneer who might know it's whereabouts."

Deadeye leaned back and his com link went off.

"That's him, you coming? Because I have to go."

Candez Stoon nodded slowly. His memory was not so great as he tried to recall this man's name, but it didn't work out so well. "A droid, huh? I'll be with you in a moment" he said before going off to find the crew member that had been with him. "Yam! Yam, get here now! We gotta get going!" The Kel-Dor appeared from elsewhere in the store and came to Candez, then off they went to follow [member="Deadeye"] to meet with @Insilico.

Insilico waited patiently for [member="Deadeye"] to return.

He was constantly looking around the place, when he suddenly spotted a Gran walking on the other side of the street. He thought to himself "Well now, what kind of a hunter would I be if I didn't..." He leaned against a wall, his rifle slinged across his back as his chest popped open and Insilico flew out, chasing after the Gran.

Insilico's eye slowly began to turn red, and popped out his drug injector, filled with a tranquilizer that could knock out even a wookie within a minute if shot into a big enough vein.
He sped up and bumped into the back of the Gran, instantly injecting him.

The gran turned around and yelled incomprehensibly at the tiny droid, and lashed out with a fist, that Insilico easily ducked under.
His light shifts to blue again as he says "Oh! Well that's no way to treat an innocent little droid!" And again dodges another attack. "Twas but an accident, old chap!" his light glows pink "Don't wear yourself out over this lil thing."

The Gran huffed and stared at the droid as his pupils start to dilate, and turns around, beginning to stumble a bit and ducks into an alley close by. The sound of someone crashing into trash cans, then a thud came shortly after.

Insilico turns around and speeded back to his body as he thinks "Well that was a bit of an overreaction. Grans are such savages! I bet he didnt even feel the needle..."

He returns to his main body, and the chest closes around him as he walks over to the meet [member="Deadeye"] and [member="Candez Stoon"]

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
Deader turned to [member="Candez Stoon"] "That's a mean little droid."

They both let out a little chuckle.

"Hey, [member="Insilico"] this this is my contact, Candace. He is going to be joining us, if you don't mind."

Candace walked up behind deadeye and smirked.

"Candace, Guessing you don't know my real name, you can just call me deader like you did before."

Deadeye's eyes met the droid's eye, he waited for him to respond.

Insilico's chest pops open suddenly and says "Well good evening [member="Candez Stoon"]! My name is Insilico, human pain relations!"

"I managed to sedate a Gran. He's over in that alley, hopefully he might know something about the situation. I know it seems a bit speciest, but only one way to find out! We need to find somewhere where I can get down to business!"

His chest closes up and he turns around, lumbering towars the alley

Candez opened his mouth quickly as [member="Deadeye"] introduced him. "Candez, not Candace..." He put his hand out to shake the hand of @Insilico. He didn't really shake hands much, but he felt it was at least courteous. His Kel-Dor crewmember did the same, grumbling incoherently about cold hands or something, Candez never could really understand him. "Don't mind him, he's a big grump. Right pal?" He patted the Kel-Dor on the back who grumbled even more. He might not have seemed like much, but when in action he was a true menace. Loved big guns.

Deadeye

Ressurected by a cult
"​Well, Ladies and aliens, we're out."

Deadeye motioned for the three to follow him and he began walking away. The three looked at him then followed. [member="Insilico"] ran up close behind him in his body.

"​Deadeye​."

"Right," deadeye slowed for a second, "Where are we going exactly? I need to know where the first target is."

​He and [member="Candez Stoon"] Looked at Insilico

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom