Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend Treasure Hunt 12: The Last Will and Testament of Rave Merrill (open)

OOC/ As with all Weekend Treasure Hunts, I have no intention of posting to this one except to verify guesses' accuracy. It's merely an opportunity. Post your guesses here, ideally framed in IC terms, though there's no need for full posts. Show your work, where applicable. Be classy. All locations are based on canon. If I'm doing Rave threads with you, yes, I'll finish them in due course, fear not. And yes, this represents me retiring a character I created in 2002. Time for something new.

IC/

I, Rave Merrill, being of sound mind and body, leave this as my last will and testament according to the laws of Dathomir and the Fringe Confederation. I do this in the fully knowledge that I will no longer be part of the equation, and that whoever reads this will likely be attempting to solve my disappearance; the vanishing of the vast majority of alchemical objects created by my companies; and the murder or memory-erasure of the vast majority of my staff alchemists. I intend to provide answers to those questions.

I am a clone. At the age of five, I was possessed by my clone donor, a Nightsister Elder named Sira Ves. My possession was enacted by a Dark Master named Serrena Myomar, who was looking for allies against her father. She and Ves failed, and I spent the majority of my youth in the dubious care of one Dark Master or another. I have tried to make the most of my life, become the best at what I do, prove my fitness to lead and contribute. Nevertheless, I knew the facts of life and a hundred methods of torture before my sixth birthday, and the memories I experienced -- the knowledge I gained -- altered the course of my life so profoundly that I am unable to speculate about what I could have become or experienced if I had lived a normal childhood and adolescence. I am fairly sure I would not have made the choices I made. I would not have helped create weapons of mass destruction; I would not have tested those weapons; I would not have been chief assistant to the man who attempted to destroy the Rhommamool system, killing hundreds of thousands. And I am fairly sure I would not have attempted to re-create the Golden Age of the Sith by training dozens of alchemists and filling the galaxy with thousands of items of alchemy.

Between my alchemical expertise, my emphasis on aperion, my training with the Aing-Tii, and my research into a rare artifact, I believe I will soon be able to find a solution to the chief question of my life. My closest enemies and allies will attest that I have demonstrated some power over time. When I feel I am ready, I will attempt to go back to the day I was possessed, and prevent it.

I do not expect that action, if successful, to change the timeline you are experiencing. In this timeline, I have lived and worked and invented and learned, and eventually I will have disappeared. What I hope to do is create another timeline entirely, one where a little girl named Rave never became a Nightsister or a Sith Lord, a timeline in which I have erased myself. By the time you read this, the version of me you knew has, perhaps, been erased back into the Force, or perhaps I will linger in the new timeline I plan to create. Suffice it to say, I will not be back, because I no longer exist.

...52% out of my 57% of Akure Executive Interstellar is to be sold on the open market, and the following clause is to be added to the AEI company bylaws: No shareholder is to own more than 5% of AEI. All proceeds will be donated to the attached list of charities in the attached percentage amounts; to the creation and maintenance of the hyperlane AEI has begun to create in the Unknown Regions; and to my niece Mara on her accession to adulthood. 50% of the sale, with all interest pertaining thereunto, and 5% of AEI will go to Mara as well. An enumerated trust will oversee this, along with the free return of my share in Iron Crown Enterprises, and all assets pertaining thereunto, to the Fringe Confederation.

...The Holocrons of Marka Ragnos and Eshkar Niin, I leave to [member="Jared Ovmar"] as promised. In a world without gold, we might have been heroes.

...The Orb of Passage, an object bound to the will of the Force and to the flux of time, I leave to the grandmaster of the Order of the Selab ([member="Ilias Nytrau"]).

...The complete mapping data of the new hyperlane I was constructing, I leave to the High Council of the Fringe Confederation, and to my brother Jorus.

...Entropy, the sword meant to counter the pyrotechnic abilities of certain Jedi and Sith, I leave to my finest monster-hunter, [member="Seydon of Arda"].

...to [member="Masamune Tametomo"], I can offer nothing worthy of the gifts he gave me. I leave him my compass to do with as he pleases.

...to [member="Dissero"], I leave all of my personal archives, research notes, and prototypes.

...If you will forgive me one last game, each of the following clues leads to a location. Either the item in question or a way to find said item can be found there. A few items have two clues, which refer to different locations, each of which holds half the instructions for finding the item. This portion of my will is to be released to the public.

...The Lethewalker, my personal frigate, I leave to whoever can solve the following. A twisted visage, many lives owed to justice, a long fall and a dumb servant sacrificed.

...The Dark Forge of Aza’zoth, and the secret facility that holds it, on a hidden world rich in stygium, as well as the Deicide Oculus, I leave to whoever can solve the following two location clues. Here body-gnawers received overdue education at the hands of that which changes face. (This half found by Darth Arcanix.) Here the man of ideals and the man of lies touched a noble soul across the stars, and made him see what they would. (This half found by Viktor Romanov.)

...Jen’asha Station, my outpost on an inconceivable frontier, I leave to whoever can solve the following. A traitor father took refuge here, with theatre and candles. (Found by Darth Arcanix.)

...The complete uplift procedure used on the qo’saarai tuk’ata, I leave to whoever can solve the following. In well-cloaked shadow, the cyborg bowed to the scarred one, then captured the great one.

...The location of a hidden place of power. A haunted pool with twisted trees about, a sodden ghost its only light. (Found by Seydon of Arda.)

...My breeding stock of four hundred captured and cloned terentateks, I leave to whoever can solve the following two location clues. A molten statue, on a world burned to cleanse one man from the galaxy’s face. (Found by Danger Arceneau.) The place the oldest, strongest left the path -- weakness after millennia.

...One full Omega Protectorate pardon, I leave to whoever can solve the following. Without hands he drove evil from a whole earth into this water. (Found by Darth Vitium.)

...Second Skin, my alchemical, living powered armor, I leave to whoever can solve the following. He faced first contact with great stature and cleaving might, his prize a crystalline art. (Found by Viktor Romanov.)

...The Witchmaster Armor, admittedly mediocre against standard threats but practically immune to Force interference, disruptors and sonic weapons, I leave to whoever can solve the following. Metal and bows tear down the old and white at the moment of his strength, surrounded by his friends.

...My Sith Abattar, I leave to whoever can solve the following. Spikes through his temples and barbed wire on his hands, here lies a faithful husband.

...The full and translated Taurannik Codex, in the lore of the Knell of Muspilli, I leave to whoever can solve the following two location clues. Here shackles broke, a thousand voices defied the trespasser in vain, an elder died to validate audacity. One step away from freedom, he compensated for nothing, but annihilation was his fate.

...The last Lonesome Gun, capable of permanently killing even those who can transcend death, I leave to whoever can solve the following two location clues. Stands tall against a lethal sky, but brokenness lies inside. (Found by Aaralyn Rekali.) Father of thrones, slain by trickster's shattered love. (Found by Falcon Gyndar.)

A short return to Abeloth was in order for the Sith Lord - to a world that she had once ventured to, much to the dismay of the Black Suns. Perhaps she would find something, perhaps nothing at all. Some reminiscing of the past in meditation over her memory of being saved by the Witch was enough to make her heart ache - and that was a feat few, if any, had accomplished. It was no coincidence that she made her favorite of lightsabers with the crystal she had obtained on the daring escape from the Silver Jedi - keeping it always close and using it most.

[member="Rave Merrill"].
(I really don't expect to be right, I wanted to post this because Silara owes a great deal to the Witch Elder, even if she probably doesn't remember the Sith.)

Reading the last will and testament of [member=Rave Merrill] held promise for Viktor, especially seeing that the dark forge and it's facility were open for solving, though it was locked behind a riddle a riddle he could solve. The first part where body-gnawers being taught was most likely a reference to the Rakghouls being taught by nekghouls who changed faces during the mutation on Taris so that is where he headed.

[member="Rave Merrill"]

With his past guest incorrect, leaving only scars of failure, Viktor went back to his study more determined than ever, he looked over his books to find the answer. After intense study, he determined that a possible answer could be on Tython, if the changing faces refers to the darks side instead of a living being, then it could be the flesh raiders on Tython who once learned from the force.

Rave Merrill said:
...The location of a hidden place of power. A haunted pool with twisted trees about, a sodden ghost its only light.
Seydon wondered in very quiet moments, oft when cleaning off befouled hides from things better left stirring in madmen's imaginations, if Merrill would ever have sequestered greater secrets to him, if only he played at her game. Yet, his contentment was in the west winds, chills off snowy boulders lapped by wintry tides, and a martial joy in hard won, hard bit skills. She walked her labyrinth circles. He kept to wild mountains holding shade over forgotten, broken places. And so he knew a locale or three where the dead brayed out noetic poetry and damned the living who walked near.

He flew for Balowa, a world planted thick with deciduous rainforest and wildling things ferociously obedient to instinct. There was a lake he recalled just past a stinking peat-bog sewn with moss-eaten skeletons. Sometimes, if it rained just hard enough, frightened legends spoke of a shade wandering over the placid, dead pool...

[member="Rave Merrill"]

[member="Rave Merrill"]
...The last Lonesome Gun, capable of permanently killing even those who can transcend death, I leave to whoever can solve the following two location clues. Stands tall against a lethal sky, but brokenness lies inside. Father of thrones, slain by trickster's shattered love.

Spires of Hell

[member="Seydon of Arda"] had discovered a hidden place of power, the Shrine of Krul, and inside it the armor of Darth Krul, with other sundries. By chance, by lost memory, by affinity or by the Will of the Force, the Shrine also held her duplicate of the unique, hazardous-to-wear armor she'd made Seydon a long time ago. A Ring of Aza'zoth had been stored there also, and enough survival gear to make the underwater shrine a handy bolt-hole should he wish to hunt in the region. In the modern era, the shrine's discoverers had been Rave and Jacen Cavill; nobody else knew about it.

[member="Talon Vosra"] did not find what he sought.

...The complete uplift procedure used on the qo’saarai tuk’ata, I leave to whoever can solve the following. In well-cloaked shadow, the cyborg bowed to the scarred one, then captured the great one.

Aaralyn traveled to Carida to seek out the answer to the ever difficult riddles of [member="Rave Merrill"].

...The Dark Forge of Aza’zoth, and the secret facility that holds it, on a hidden world rich in stygium, as well as the Deicide Oculus, I leave to whoever can solve the following two location clues. Here body-gnawers received overdue education at the hands of that which changes face. Here the man of ideals and the man of lies touched a noble soul across the stars, and made him see what they would.

In an attempt to find the answer to one of Merril's two riddles, he headed to the underlevels of Coruscant with very little hope left of finding an answer.

[member="Rave Merrill"] (Final Guess for tonight, reading all this makes me tired, but I know about 10x more star wars lore than I started with :3)

Tired of his failure in the first clue, Viktor decided that he should move on to the second one. The Noble man could refer to many different people, such as Count Dooku. So he decided to check where Dooku and his predecessor Darth Maul were trained, in the Coruscant Underworld. He began his search at the works, increasing his search efficiency with the use of droids whom he used to scout out the area. He then made his way from the Dacho district into part of the Fabosi.

[member="Viktor Romanov"]

Romanov's diligence paid off. In the room where Dooku and Palpatine had performed a ritual to affect the mind of Yoda from light-years away, Romanov found a few new Cthon scars...and half an alchemical trinket. A puzzle piece, or half a map. Useless... alone.

The Taurannik Codex. What can a person say? I got a taste for the Codex when my fellow Fringers and I went to the Nihil Retreat and we found a single fragment. It resonated. Maybe a bit too well, but that's hardly the point. When I got a copy of Rave's will, I balked. Dropped my mug and covered my gaping mouth. I'd done business with Rave. I'd served on the High Council with Rave. To hear her gone?

I hope and pray she finds peace of her own making.

I head first to the planet Virujansi, where in 17,000BCL the battles to liberate the planet raged readily enough. Would such an ancient war on a planet ruled by strict castes resonate as the Codex Fragment had done?

The second clue was harder. A Lorrdian? A slave? I'll have to keep looking. [member="Rave Merrill"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
'Somewhere in the galaxy a baby cried, but it was not Warren Valik, nor "Lucien Shorn". Even if the unborn 'child' could weep, or smile, or sigh it would do none of these things. Rave Merrill, Valik's alchemical counterpart, was gone. With an impressive legacy no doubt, but that she was gone put Valik in a state of disappointment. She had not found a way to immortality, or perhaps simply chosen not to pursue it. And in the next few years when Valik was dormant in his studies and not plaguing the galaxy with new creations she would be gone with no heir apparent to alchemical superiority and creativity. The thought permeated in his mind as he thought on her loss longer.

Perhaps Valik's initial opinion was wrong. While he wouldn't go so far as to say he had 'friends' if he did Rave would be among them, and at the very least he respected her not only as an individual, but as an alchemist and a scientist. While Valik was too prideful to consider any his superior, or even his equal, he recognized greatness when he saw it. Perhaps . . . perhaps if he wasn't swimming in amniotic fluid he would shed a tear or two for the loss.

But he wasn't, and the consciousness of Warren Valik dismissed such thoughts, instead pressing to what to do in her loss. The only thing anyone could do in the presence of any loss. Move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom