Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We Make Our Own Path

Emorin Tain

Space always seemed the most beautiful, and welcoming when one was going no where fast. Of course, that wasn't to her own wanting, but instead because of her lack of checking her fuel before leaving the last planet she had found herself on. And that wasn't from her lack of funds, but merely because she had plainly forgotten to ask for a refuel. Erika was by no means a fool, but she did have her moments, she blamed her mom's genes for that, and her dad's for the need to venture out, to constantly be moving.

Erika sat there in the shuttle, drifting slowly in that great void, relaxing more so than anything. Her distress beacon was initiated, an she had plenty of supplies for at least a week if she needed to wait that long. She wasn't far from many used hyperspace lanes, and she was confident someone would show to help her out. The girl was nearly 17, and while she remembered her past well, she was in all sense alone, destined to figure out her path in her own. She saw no place with the Jedi, there was no place for her in the Confederacy, and she definitely was not about to contact the Sith...no her dad would have killed her for that. So, here she was...in the middle of space....just searching for the next place to call temporary home until the urge to move kicked in again.

"Damn it guys, would be nice if I had some sense of direction at least."

Darth Vindictus

D

Darth Vindictus stood silently on the bridge of the Dark Herald as it dropped out of hyperspace, the freshly painted warship glimmering slightly as it readjusted to normal space. The pure black hull of the vessel blended well with the darkness of space around them as the Dark Herald began to make its way towards the object drifting before it. The crew of the bridge moved about their duties without looking in the Sith Lords direction, their uniforms a mixture of various different outfits. It confused Vindictus slightly that it had been easier to find, rebuild, and crew a Star Destroyer than it had been to find a uniform manufacturer. The military industrial complex really did have a monopoly in the galaxy.

"This transport is in range, sir. Shall we bring it inside the hangar?" The young officers voice drew the hooded figures attention, and he gave the woman a brief nod of his head before turning to stare back into the void of space. The Dark Herald had been just completing its shake down cruise when they had picked up a distress signal from deep space. Intrigued, Vindictus had ordered the vessel to change course. The voices had told him to, after all.

"This is the start of it all. The one you meet today will set us on the path we seek."

Shaking his head slowly to clear his mind, Vindictus turned and began walking out of the bridge, the loose fitting robes he wore drifting behind him. The voices were rarely wrong, Vindictus had come to learn over their years together, but they were no less annoying. Migraines were his constant companion, a small price to pay for the rewards they gave him, the voices claimed. Vindictus was uncertain, but accepted it for now. They had led him to where he was now, after all.

Entering the turbolift near the bridge, Vindictus began to descend through the warship, heading towards the hangar. Whatever the voices said, he was personally interested to meet the person they were about to bring aboard. He could sense, even from the great distances of space, the Force connection the being had. The Dark Side had ensured this meeting would happen, of that Vindictus was absolutely certain.

"Who are you..."
Erika Sin Erika Sin

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though it had only been a few hours, it appeared that her savior had come earlier than expected. Erika stretched as she stood up from her seat, preparing to hail the savior with enthusiasm, but her stretch was cut short as she felt a small stir within. It was subtle, but there...something dark. For a moment, she couldn't see where this new ship was, but then her ship lurched back as it was beginning to be pulled in. Arching her neck to view as best she could behind the ship through the front port, Erika could barely make out the faint glimmer of light bouncing off the hull of a triangular hull.

A star destroyer...

It did not take a genius to put two and two together to understand the situation.

"Sith? Oh....oh great..."

Erika sat back down in her seat, her hand gently resting on her own lightsaber, though she doubted it would be worth using it. While the girl had some experience with the galaxy, Sith were not one of them, at least she was certain that's what this was. Her ship edged closer and closer until it was finally in the underbelly of the beast. Her assumption was that she would have to wait until ordered to exit the ship...with weapons pointed at her.

"Best to play this safe, and not antagonize this Sith...so far I don't FEEL like I'm in danger...yet..."

Darth Vindictus

Darth Vindictus

D

The transport was brought into the Dark Herald's primary hangar, the tractor beam holding the vessel in place long enough for large, metallic doors to slide into place sealing the opening. Once these were in place, the transport was lowered to the deck of the hangar, and placed down, for the most part, gently. There was little chance for precise things in a vessel this old, but the fact the shuttle did not tear itself in half was a good sign. Several dozen crewman rushed towards the transport. They began checking its surface, locking the vessel down and making it safe for approach.

Vindictus entered the hangar not long after, several Legion of the One soldiers entering after him. They fanned out and surrounded the transport, though a brief wave of Vindicuts's hand halted their advance. Alone, he advanced towards the transport. He looked up and down the length of the craft, before finally settling his gaze on the side door of the craft. Extending his hand, Vindictus extended his will through the Force and grasped the door, small tendrils of the cosmic energy coiling around the metal. He closed his hand slowly, the action leading to the door beginning to crumble in on itself. Metal screamed as it was crushed, crumpled into a worthless heap. With a jerk of his hand, Vindictus threw the ruined slab of metal across the hangar, slamming into a pile of crates.

He did not spare much thought for the pointless extravagance of his actions, nor the agitated look the hangar crew sent his way. He was still learning the extent of his new abilities, and he took every chance to explore his limits. Walking forward, he ducked his head slightly as he entered the shuttle, his eyes adjusting to the sudden change in lighting quickly. He sensed the presence in the cockpit of the vessel, though common sense would have led him there on his own. Before he could even see the person whose ship he had just barged into, he called out to them. "Congratulations, you have been rescued."

Stepping into the cockpit, Vindictus turned his gaze fully on Erika Sin Erika Sin for the first time, a small smile crossing his face. "Please, try not to resist."

As expected, it didn't take long for the Sith's forces to surround her shuttle, granted she was a bit confused by the many different uniform variants. Was that different ranks, or just lack of order within this Sith's servitude? Erika, however, did not have time to make up an answer for herself, the sound of metal folding in on itself filled the cockpit. She winced in pain of the sound, the equivalent to nails on a chalk board. A moment later there stood a man in her ship, she noticed the need to crouch in order for the man to enter the ship, and instinct told her that this was of course the reason for her ship no longer possessing a working door.

Then he spoke.

Something in his voice, or his presence fully consumed her. Erika was fully still, fully attentive to this man before her. While this was not fear, it was something else, something greater. It was like she had heard this voice before, but there was nothing in memory she could familiarize it with. Regardless, a nagging in the back of her skull told her this was fate, destiny, the destination her path was meant to lead.

Then he spoke once more, requesting politely that she not resist.

"Wasn't planning on it." She replied, settling in her seat some as the smiled etched on his face.

Darth Vindictus

Darth Vindictus

D

Vindictus nodded his head slightly at her words, before taking a look around the small shuttle. There were limited things he could see, and while he was certain there was more not visible at first glance, there would not be much. He began to put the pieces together in his head as he turned and paced across the shuttle slowly. she was young, of that was clear both visibly and through her presence in the Force. She was alone on this shuttle, and he could not feel the lingering presence that anyone else had been present for some time. She had a lightsaber to her person, but not many implications that told she could fully use it. She was touched by the Dark Side of the Force, and yet it did not dominate her.

"What are you doing out this far on your own, child. This shuttle is poorly suited to the dangerous of this galaxy." His words were spoken with a detached interest, his pacing never seeming to stop. He had his suspicions already, and facts pointed towards two prominent possibilities, though he did not make any final judgement calls. It was best to let her speak for herself, and see what she might have to say. Perhaps she would surprise him, or possibly entertain him. There had been enough time for entertainment as of late.

"Are you a fallen Jedi?

Erika Sin Erika Sin

The pacing would have made anyone uneasy, panicky even, but for Erika, she understood what this meant exactly. Somehow, she could easily understand each meaning by each single word this man spoke and it continue to put her at attention. Removing her hand from her lightsaber and into her lap, she was a little insulted. Erika was very aware of what her presence felt like in the Force, most were normally just confused by her, and shunned her, instead:

"I don't think I would say fallen, yes the Dark side of the Force tugs at me, but I am far from fallen. Touched would be a better adjective to describe me, I think, my lord." She replied.

She made sure to mean those last words, Sith liked being called one's lord. She even smirked to herself a little, her lord. First interaction with a Sith and she was already feeling accustomed to them. She could thank her dad for that, all tall and boding. Man would walk around the house like a Sith, but would snap necks if anyone ever dared called him that, probably would snap her neck now if he could see her being so friendly with this one.

She opened her mouth to speak once more, "Thank you, by the way...would have sucked to have to wait even longer for something more boring to come my way. But seriously, I appreciate not immediately just blasting me out of the sky."

Darth Vindictus

Darth Vindictus

D

Vindictus halted his pacing, his eyes turning to take in Erika Sin Erika Sin for a moment before he continued. In her response, he felt the first tinges of the Dark Side truly take hold of her. It was for just a moment, but the familiar taint of the Dark Side was unmistakable. He nodded his head at the unseen happening, coming to another decision in his mind. He barely paid mind to her use of a title, his mind too filled with thoughts and ideas as he turned to face her fully. His hands were folded behind his back, the black and red robes he wore shifting slightly as he seemed to lean towards her.

"You have not been saved yet, child. I have given you a stay of execution, for no disciple of the Force, whatever their alignment and personal choices, should die in the void." Turning, he gestured briefly for her to follow him as he stepped out of the shuttle into the much brighter lit hangar. "Besides, that is not my way. I am Sith, but mindless death and slaughter serves no real purpose in the grand scheme of things. Killing for the sake of killing is but a waste of ones potential."

The little had to admit, this man fascinated her to the utmost peek of curiosity. His words were truth, for the most part, and she truly believed he served something greater than the Sith.

Kinda reminds me of you dad.

Beckoned to follow, Erika did exactly that, unsure what was to come next, but she was certain danger was still at bay. The inner workings of the Star Destroyer reminded her of the older models, but the color of the outer hull wasn't a common color scheme. She presumed a restored model found in the great void.

"Still, sounds like being saved to me." She said picking up her pace to meet his stride, "You sound like someone I used to know, that's a good thing. I agree with you, too, you shouldnt have to kill just to be called Sith. There are ways to get what you want without use of fear and anger.....passion can be a powerful emotion."

Darth Vindictus

Darth Vindictus

D

Vindictus grunted at her words, seeming to dismiss her thought as they entered the hangar bay. A moment after they ad departed the ship several soldiers rushed past them. They went into the shuttle and began to search it for potential dangers, though Vindictus doubted there would be anything too concerning. He took a deep breath, enjoying the rather cold air of the hangar before finally responding again.

"Fear and anger are useful tools. By any craftsman who can only use those tools will find their finished product to be rough, flawed, and ready to collapse. The ways of the Sith have become diluted with far too many beliefs on the subject of the Dark Side, and most come back to the simple thought of killing, conquering, and destroying. Useful for conquering an Empire, but not the best method for keeping one." He spoke slowly, his eyes never leaving her during his short sermon on belief before he finished. Shrugging his shoulders, he turned away once again.

"Passion is a fuel to be used in all things, and proper control and harnessing of it can lead to powers that the Dark Side alone can give you."

Erika Sin Erika Sin

This man was like a darkness made physical as he hovered over her, his voice was soothing and yet there was a great power in his words. As they spoke philosophy, she could not help but listen and absorb his words. More and more this man drew her in, was it the concept of the unknown, or something greater that this Sith represented?

"Fear and anger are just as useful as compassion and peace. Would you rather your armies fight in your name because they adore you, or because they fear your wrath worse than death? It's a coin toss, both have their pros and cons. Truth be told, I've never met a Sith before till now, I don't even think I know the mantra; peace is lie, there is only passion. I'm fairly certain, however, the emotions of fear and anger are never mentioned, meaning: so long as I use passion to direct my path...I'm following the Sith path...no?"

Erika felt as though she was rambling, she wasn't sure if this man made her nervous in the sense in the want to have his approval, or because she was ignorant of the topic at hand. She shrugged back at the tall Sith.

"I'm probably wrong."

Darth Vindictus

Darth Vindictus

D

Vindictus weighed the young woman's words in his head for a few moments, considering them and his own response. "You have put thought into this, child, that much is clear. Your education, however, leave much to be desired. The connections you have made without context, without experience and without guidance are commendable, child. Fear and anger are valuable tools, yes. They are important to keep people in line, for while adoration and loyalty may fade over time, fear remains. Using the right amount of fear, in balance with temperament and control, however, is where true knowledge lies."

Turning, Vindictus led Erika Sin Erika Sin out of the hangar and through the Dark Herald, passing hundreds of crewman and officers who went about their task without giving the two of them much attention. Eventually, Vindictus led them into a small, darkly lit chamber. The room was cast in a dark black durasteel, with red banners hanging from the wall illuminated by actual torches. At the far side of the room was a pedestal, surrounded by small candles, with the banner of the One Sith hanging just beyond on the wall.

Vindictus gestured for Erika to take a seat on one of the round chairs set around the room whilst he walked to the pedestal. He sat down, crossing his legs and placing his hands on either knee as he focused his mind. This young woman had intrigued Vindictus, and he wished to educate her. There was potential within her; a sharp mind, a combat strength, and a survival instinct that had gotten her this far in the galaxy alone. With the proper education and guidance, she could potentially become a valuable addition to the One Sith.

"What you have come across on your own is but the beginning of a path laid out thousands of years before our time. Every aspect of the Sith Code is something to learn, hold dear, but know cannot be blindly followed. The mark of a true master of the Sith is to be able to understand the code and its implied meanings. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. At face value, this statement is exactly what is sounds like. Peace is a lie, the exact opposite of what it means to be Sith. Only passion can guide us, and yet this is not the whole truth. For their to be passion, there must be peace, for without one yo cannot judge the other. Peace leads to passion, as passion in time leads to strength."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom