Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We Have A Problem

Kahlil_Div2.png

The Sith were already a problem. In this day and age there was no denying or ignoring that fact. If that was the reason he was walking towards the office of the Chancellor, he'd honestly feel much better than he currently did. But it wasn't. It was the Mandalorians. After the council meeting about their actions against the Rishii, the Jedi couldn't ignore their actions any longer. And because of it, war was on the horizon. Multiple wars, against the Sith, against the Mandalorians.

Not that he wanted to start a war. It was why he'd come here. Maybe there was an alternative the council couldn't think of. He wasn't sure there was such an alternative, but he could hope, right?

All he needed was to wait for him to be allowed to enter.

Auteme Auteme

if they're watching anyways

The Chancellor's visitors were never given an exact time for when they would be allowed to see her, so as to ensure the Chancellor's safety. Today, though, she didn't really want to keep her visitor waiting.

About a minute after Kahlil arrived, the door slid open and the Jedi Master was ushered in by a tall Zabrak woman. Auteme was sitting on her desk, looking out at the glittering Coruscant skyline -- or, maybe below at the shadows that betrayed the many levels hidden below. She turned as he entered.

"Good morning, Kahlil," she said, smiling. "Been a while. You can sit wherever. If you need anything to drink or eat, just ask. How are you?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Long time, yeah. I've been good though. Seems I keep following your footsteps."

Kahlil found a spot to sit, one of the chairs near the desk, before letting his gaze drift towards where she was looking out. Right. The skyline of Coruscant was as crowded as ever. Good thing he and Valery had moved off world. It was admirable, though. The people here just kept building to the stars, no matter what threat came their way.

"The Mandalorians set fire to the Rishii. Civilians, warriors, it didn't matter. The Council has agreed to send relief effort to the people affected, but there's rumors of the Mandalorian Crusade. If that's the case, it's possible they'll target the Jedi. And with the Sith-" He paused. Then frowned. "It feels like the peace we've been fortunate enough to have is nearing it's end."

Auteme Auteme

"Oh, thank the Force, I've been waiting to get out of this job for years," she joked.

"Mm. And I get to sit here regretting I didn't move faster during that peace." She glanced at her chair; though it always seemed too grand for her, their topic of discussion was sufficiently serious, and she moved to take a seat.

"I'm not very familiar with the Mandalorians -- these ones, anyways," she admitted. "The reports out of Rishi were- well, horrible. Tell me about them. My people tell me they're nowhere close to the current military strength of the Sith, but their culture might make them more dangerous, unpredictable."

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Being the Shield is about as close to politics as I'd like to be." It was as close to any kind of politics he'd like to get to. The Sith had their version, and it already wasn't something he enjoyed thinking about. Still, he didn't let that thought linger for long.

"I don't know much. They're a warrior culture who pride themselves on honor and their beliefs. I know they hate the Sith after my father razed their world. But.. What they did on Rishi was certainly not honorable, but the Rishi are also a warrior culture. It seems like they might be targeting warriors to prove their might to.. My guess themselves."

Auteme Auteme

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The Quartermaster died, so yes. That, with the destabilization of their power over the worlds they cared for, was probably responsible for the change. Master Valery has ties to them and plans to at least try to talk to them, but council is in agreement that we must be ready if they decide to strike. We won't seek war, but we will be ready for it."

Kahlil was determined on that. They needed to be ready, to keep as few people dying as possible.

Auteme Auteme

"I see."

Though she didn't show it, Auteme found contempt stirring in her heart. Immediately collapsing at the loss of leadership? The entitlement of wanting to keep certain territories but being unable to? For a long time the Mandalorians had been a sort of morbid fascination for her, but now she understood her mentor's reasoning for abandoning that life. A society that valorised weapons had no use for peace.

"Keep in touch with my team. If necessary I'll send an envoy to accompany her -- or I'll show, maybe. But if I had to guess, they'll only respect strength." She paused, and looked gravely at Kahlil. "If the situation allows, and Master Noble is willing to take the risk, it might be worth it to issue a challenge. A duel for leadership, or at least to settle the matter for a time.

"Then again, they might not accept at all, since she isn't Mandalorian. I'll look into alternatives.

"If not that -- it might be beneficial to draw them into conflict with the Sith instead. In this situation, I think an unreliable ally would be better than a third front, even if we have the capacity to fight all three. Do you think that would be feasible?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Duels for leadership are always more complicated than they seem. Though, if she was to win they'd loose their unity." Some might follow Valery, some might not. But.. Kahlil frowned. "At least, if they had a Mand'alor. There's been no sign of such, and I don't think anyone has taken up leadership." Valery could certainly win. Of everything he'd seen her do, of all the connections she'd made, the Mandalorians were one that brought him to that conclusion.

She knew them best of a lot of the order.

"No Sith, No Exception. I don't know if we can bait them into attacking the Sith, and I'm not sure if it'll backfire, but that's their motto as of late. They really hate the Sith, so I'll leave that to you and your military to decide."

Auteme Auteme

Auteme nodded. "I'm assuming it'll be more difficult than just, ah, insulting their honour or something to goad them into fighting the Sith. Though, one can hope."

Something tugged at her heart; a slight sort of melancholic irony that she was reminded of with every conflict, every maneuver, every manipulation. It felt gross to even consider lying in such a way, to consider that lying would even be necessary. Could she not approach them in good faith, and believe that they would return with that same faith?

How could they hope to build a just galaxy with lies?

"Enough. Tell me about the Sith -- what they're trying this time."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm sure they'll choose to go after the Sith on their own,. But they're going to likely fight anyone in their way in the process."

Though, now he was far more open about his frown. The Sith.

"Carnifex decided to retake the homeworlds, and anihilate the Ashlan's in the process. Their civil war is over, and I imagine that means they'll soon target anyone in their way. The Sith and the Mandalorians seem to have that ideal in common."

Auteme Auteme

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The current emperor Empyreon, Carnifex, and a third fought for control of the Sith for a while. That's about as much information as I have on it, most of the fighting was done while we were trying to handle the Maw and Exegol." Information was never his strongest suit. Maybe he should work more with the Alliance information network. He paused at that thought before a very dissatisfied frown formed.

Him working with the SIA was not something he wanted to do.

"But all it takes is one or two who want more power to throw it all into chaos. I imagine if the current heads were killed, there wouldn't be anyone properly able to take over without some massive infighting again. That's always been their flaw. Loose the strongest, and the rest will devour themselves."

Auteme Auteme

"Mm, yes. Darth Carnifex, known easy person to kill." This time she laughed, but it was sort of pathetic. "I get your point. This very much seems like something we'll need more on. I'm... almost surprised to say it, but I miss our previous Director of the SIA. She'd have been on top of this."

Auteme shrugged. "You're close to this, I know -- with Carnifex. With your daughter, everything that happened. Do you have anything else for me? I'd appreciate your input. Course of actions. And, of course, you're welcome to the coming Senate meetings."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I thought Valery and I had banished my father for good in the Wellspring, or at least for longer than he was gone. But now he's back, the Sith are unified, and the Mandalorians are all gearing up for war." He let out an exhausted sigh, reaching up to rub at the back of his neck. All of this was tiring. Too much too soon, too close together. It was always awkward how much it seemed like peace really was a lie.

"I'll attend, but I won't pretend I know how politics work here. Hopefully I won't make too much of a problem. Apologies ahead of time when I surely do, though."

Auteme Auteme

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom