Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We Belong Way Down Below

So they were sithspawn. And Damsy was a Sith.

Mal shook her head. It all seemed a little more than unreasonable, but Mal both trusted Valery and knew she herself was into over her head. She had helped many slaves find their way on the intergalactic Freedom Trail in her many years as the head of Hestia Project, but she had never wittingly helped spawn. She didn't know much more about sithspawn then she knew about their masters, though she had heard stories or run across warnings about an ornery alchemical creation here and there. It's not that she wouldn't have helped them had she know they needed it, just that she had never sought out that side of slavery—or even considered it as one. It was embarrassing now, and something she would never admit to: assuming that slavery was as only an evil that could reach the so-called good of the galaxy.

Citizens uncorrupted by the ubiquitous, unyielding Darkness.

She was about to ask what they ought do next when Val's vague statement gave her pause, her sudden willingness to bow out gracefully morphing into concern again. "What?" she asked carefully.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:

34W1Juf.png

Taleucema
K9AIC3c.png
Outfit: Undercover Smuggler
Weapons: Blasters
Tag: Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse

Valery could tell that the Sithspawn revelation sparked some internal thought for Malcoma. It had for the Jedi Master too and for good reason. For most of her life, Valery had not believed in the redemption of anything corrupted by the Dark - it had been the defining belief of her old Enclave.

Now, she had talked to a Sith about finding a home for people touched and changed by the Dark Side. She had even learned to place her trust in Damsy for it.

Much like Mal, Valery let those thoughts rest but she couldn't entirely move on from what had happened just yet. There was one thing she needed to admit first, "I uh, may have used your name as a cover when Damsy asked for mine." That awkward smile was bound to linger.

"I should have come up with something else but I needed something fast, and well..." She rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm really sorry about that."

Last edited:

At first, Mal just looked at Val. Then she rose her brows.

Something about the Jedi in this moment made her think of her girls. When one of them apologized, it was often for something rather trivial—like breaking a decorative vase in the foyer or running late with meal preparations. Their minds tended to catastrophize the consequences, especially the most newly-freed. It was hard for Mal to not take it at least a little personally on reflex, being conflated with their old masters in an involuntary response to trauma, even after all these years of experiencing much the same reactions by dozens of girls and the occasional man, but she had learned not to hold onto her metareactions for very long. They served no one. In contrast, it was better to be kind, understanding, and just a little impersonal.

She employed the same tactics with Val now. Practically, it wasn't a big deal at all, or at least she didn't think so. Even if it was, she didn't have to show it now.

"It's okay, darling." And it was. "She doesn't have my address or my surname." After all, Valery knew neither of those things...

Mal's certainty in that crumbled as she remembered Val's ability to catch stray thoughts. Maybe the hapan had given off something that she hadn't intended to. Her brow went back up, but her voice remained calm, only slightly lilted. "Does she?"

34W1Juf.png

Taleucema
K9AIC3c.png

Why was she so nervous?

A first name, even an uncommon one, meant very little. Damsy hadn't asked with ill intent either, so it wasn't like she'd suddenly show up at Malcoma's house to cause problems. After all, as far as Valery knew, she had left a good impression on the Sith. A peculiar thought, given their differences, but reality nonetheless.

No, she wasn't nervous for any logical reason. It was because of her current company - Mal just had this effect on her that she hadn't expected to feel. Not quite like this.

The tremor of heat that passed through her body when she was called darling proved as much. Valery had fought and ended wars, confronted the worst of the Galaxy and stood as the leader of the Jedi Order. But this is what shook her confidence and made her blush like a schoolgirl.

She did.

"N-no, she only has your first name," Valery assured her while she met the blonde's gaze. Valery knew her own eyes were rather striking, but Malcoma's blue eyes were as deep as the oceans, and certainly just as mysterious.

Beautiful, really.

"I don't even know your full name. Or your adress." A pause followed, and Valery's lips curled up into her signature smirk again with refound composure. "Not yet, anyway." Valery shot Malcoma a playful wink and maintained eye contact a moment longer.

"But first we should get out of these tunnels, hm? It's rather hot in here."

Mal smiled as her initial assumptions were confirmed. When Val found her gaze, she held eye contact back, but looked away when Val winked at her. It wasn't annoyance that had boiled up in her but... fluster?

Whatever the exact word, she had felt a similar emotion when she had met Shae, a fellow female entertainer, at the Donna's club on Coruscant. It had been five, six years ago, but she still remembered the whirlwind fancy as if it had all happened just yesterday, but, this? This seemed somehow stronger still, yet tamer. Subtler.

She reached over her shoulder to unwrap the shawl part of her shirt from around her once, for she felt some of that sudden heat Val spoke of too. "Yes, let's go."

Once the women had returned to the streets of the residential district which they had left from, Mal indicated that she was going to return to the spaceport since she had not further business to attend to here. As they walked back in that direction, Mal powered on her datapad again. Immediately, a series of notifications flashed across the top of the screen, one after the other so quickly that they couldn't be read. The last one lingered and she tapped on it to bring up the entire messaging history.

Damris was very clearly worried now.

34W1Juf.png

Taleucema
K9AIC3c.png

A satisfied smirk tugged at Valery's lips when Malcoma averted her gaze. Not because she wanted the blonde to be uncomfortable, but because it meant that her little wink had the desired effect. A shared feeling that made these lava tunnels feel hotter than they already were, and left her mind wandering. It was gentle and subtle, for now, but with every passing moment, she felt a stronger appeal that made her heart flutter.

It was an uncommon experience, but an intoxicating one.

"I'm heading for the spaceport too, so let's walk together?" Without any protest from Malcoma, the two went on their way to head back to the spaceport. It was a quiet walk and without any lingering darkness weighing on her mind. A huge relief, if it hadn't been for something else to distract her. Or, rather, someone else.

The bleeping of a datapad pulled Valery from her own thoughts, and a single glance over Mal's shoulder revealed the source. A series of messages, all from the same person, flooding her inbox. "My my," Valery commented while she stepped forward to join Malcoma more closely by her side. Her shoulder brushed against the other woman's, and those fiery eyes shifted down to look at the display.

"You've not been keeping him on read too long, I hope?" Another wink and a far more teasing grin. "Someone special who is waint for you to get home?" A question asked for more reason than one.

<< M? >>

<< Are you there? >>

<< I just want to know you're alright. >>

<< I'm going to call the Donna in an hour. >>

Mal scoffed softly, not looking up and instead beginning to type out a reply. "My chauffeur," she said, opting to explain only part of Damris' job. In reality, he did a bit of everything for Mal and their Guests. "He's just jonesing to drive me places. I think he likes showing me off." The banter was idle but Malcoma was sure to give Val something to work with. Talking to the other woman was a pleasure she didn't want to end, teasing or no.

The finished text read, << There's no need. I'm coming home early. I'll explain once home. >>

34W1Juf.png

Taleucema
K9AIC3c.png

"Likes showing you off?" Valery looked her up and down, then raised a brow and smirked, "I can see why." Her voice had smoothed out and softened into something a tad more playful to catch Mal's attention. Whether it was the teasing forcing her gaze down, or the actual content of those messages, she seemed pretty drawn into her datapad for the moment, after all.

And Valery loved to tease.

Up ahead, the spaceport came into sight and Valery knew what that meant. They'd be on their way home again, or wherever they needed to be. Usually, when it came to meeting strangers on assignments, it meant parting ways forever. How many people had she met, then forgotten?

This time, Valery didn't want to forget.

Valery quickly dug into her pockets and produced a small chip. She extended it to Malcoma between two fingers and looked at her with a hopeful smile, "My comm codes. I- enjoyed your company today, so if you'd like..." There was more she wanted to add to that, or say in general, but that odd nervousness had returned and it wasn't easy to take initiative. She just hoped that the offer wasn't rejected.

The hint of a smirk was on Malcoma's face as Val appraised her.

Then she finally looked up, bringing them to a stop at the same time. "No, thank you," she said smoothly, pushing Val's hand away with the one of hers that was not holding her datapad. When her skin touched Valery's, she had to fight to keep herself composed. Though she managed to, a light flush spread across her cheeks, mostly hidden under her makeup.

"Come over; it'll be easier," she counteroffered. "Coruscant. Monument Plaza. The manor with the real gardens." Mal inclined her head at the chip Val had produced. "But do bring that with you."

34W1Juf.png

Taleucema
K9AIC3c.png

"No, thank you,"

Valery's heart stopped beating despite the smirk that contradicted the statement, and her breath hitched when she felt the woman's hand gently nudging her own back. Had she said something wrong? Maybe the teasing had-

Oh.

A counteroffer was made and Valery liked the thought of that a lot better. She couldn't stop a smile from spreading, and it was only then that she saw the heat in Mal's cheeks. To the Keshian's eyes, it made the blonde feel even more alive. Radiant, strong and elegant all in one.

"Alright," Valery said before pocketing the chip. "I'll meet you there, Mal," Valery said, daring to shorten her name with another quick wink added in addition. Her hand then came up through her long hair to fix it in place, and her feet began to carry her forward again. Towards the spaceport with a newfound urge to leave this planet behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom