Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction We Are the Light of the Force (Jedi)

TAKODANA

Tiland traveled. While he lived mostly out of Qi-all these days, he wasn’t about to spread the information of its existence and location beyond a small number of people he trusted. The rest? The Force would have to call them there when it willed.

So, he had been nudged by the Force obstruct the next generations of Jedi in the pinnacle of the Jedi arts.

Force Light.

The most powerful ability the Jedi has to combat the Dark side, burning it away and even severing a Sith’s connection to the Dark Side, destroying their illusory constructs, and weakening or destroying their imbued artifacts.

It was to channel the very essence of the Force. And it was dangerous, as well as very difficult to achieve, let alone master. Not to mention the possibility of the ancient and enigmatic Wall of Light that horrified Tiland to his very bones with its sheer destructive capacity.

The old Jedi Master had spread through the network with people he trusted and he trusted even more fully in the Force that it would guide the right people to him, where he sat drinking tea on a small island on Takodano. Whether any would come, he couldn’t say, but it would be as the Force willed it.

A very small path paved out infront of me. Little and big stones alike made up this path. Some cracked, some perfectly rounded. All were different. Just like the Jedi.

Looking up, I saw the man sitting down. He was drinking out of a cup. This class had be mentioned to me by a few people. Probably because of my past. My time as a Sith Padawan was very unforgettable. Shivers went down my back, but I shook them off. Today, I conquered my demons.

Looking up from his drink, the man saw me. It looked like he was drinking tea. At least, that is what it smelled like. He sat crosslegged on the ground, looking upward. Giving a respectful half-bow, I introduced myself.

"Hello, my name is Okkeus. I was recommended to come here by my fellow Jedi. Are you Master Kortun?"

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

It was not often that he met Jedi for the first time, without having met them before or had mutual acquaintances. It was always a pleasure when that happened, as it meant the Jedi were growing. While he doubted they would ever again have the legendary strength of ten thousand Jedi Knights who served the Republic during the Clone Wars, but more Jedi were always better.

"I am indeed! Pleased to meet you, young Okkeus. Come, take a seat." He poured a second cup of hot water and added the tea leaves. For this, everyone's tea would be the same. A few herbs to help them relax and clear their mind. Mint, chamomile, the usual. This class was going to be draining. And they would need the best support he could muster. He handed the cup of tea to the newcomer.

"Tell me, what do you know of Force Light and its uses?"

“All I know is that it is used to counter dark-side abilities.”

He handed me a cup of tea. Grabbing it with both hands, I took a small sip. It had a minty taste to it which I quite enjoyed. I lowered the cup from my mouth. Wiping away the leftover tea on my lips, I spoke again about the ability.

“When I was a child, around ten years old, I was taken over by a Sith Spirit. She trained me in the dark ways of the force. She also did many many other bad things.”

My eyes drifted toward my robotic lower arm, but I shook my head. Focus. Forget the past.

“My friends recommended me to come here since I had gone though that experience. They thought it would be good for me.”

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Tiland nodded as the young Jedi spoke, considering the story and history, and the evidence scars carried. During these, he sat, and listened.

“You are correct. It does indeed counter Dark side abilities,” Tiland paused before continuing. “It counters the very presence of the Dark Side, weakening it, and eventually, with time, destroying it.”

He finished his tea and stood, gesturing to the word around them. “I know something of having the Dark Side within. I am Anzat. We are not known for being a species with strong Jedi ties. The instinct to hunt, to prey on sentiments, and to sense the Dark Side is embedded into our genetics, according to some.”

He stretched his arms back and cracked his neck. “And then we come to the Light of the Force.” Tiland closed his eyes, slowed his breathing, and held out his hand towards the sea. Light emanated from his hand.

“The universe is energy. The Force is energy. You and I are energy materially embodied. Force Light is the prescribing of taking in the energy of the Force, the energy of the universe, and channeling it in its purest forms through our bodies.”

Kyra came barreling in, full of life and unapologetic smiles as she scattered up the mulchy earth.

"Hi! Hi- Sorry," she panted, water splashing everywhere as the bathing suit clad padawan bent over to catch her breath. She looked up, pointing to where she had come from. "There was this wave-- and it was big-- and I found some driftwood and I hadda," she made a wooshing sound affect, miming going over a wave. "And then I- well I- You ever think it'd be nice if the clouds could tell us the time? Like one big clock. Missed opportunities, we should make that happen."

As she rattled, she found herself a seat, the girl plucking up a twig and plopping her soaked butt down.

"So where were we?" She breathed, her gasps evening out as she looked at them both with an eager sheen.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Last edited:

Serena Rylvin

S
Serena stumbled in shortly after the other padawan, dressed in a slightly less summer-y fashion. The tank-top clung to her frame, along with the beige shorts. The satchel bag over her shoulder bopped her on the hip gently as she ran her fingers through her hair. She looked like she'd been through it. Sweatier than any girl her age ever wanted to be.

"Hi, hey, am I in the right place? Please say I am," she asked, exasperated. She stepped forwards, taking in heavy breaths from the humid, warm air around her. "This was harder to find than I thought," she admitted. Even before the words left her mouth, she regretted them. She had a feeling that it'd be followed up with some lecture about using the Force to find them. Which was all well and good, but following the Force had meant crossing a whole lot of water, paths thick with mossy mulch and a couple of well-hidden creature holes.

Bitey insects too. Don't forget those.

She flung her bag off her shoulder with a sigh as she took a seat, looking around at the other assembled Jedi. Happy to see some familiar faces, at least. "Hi Okkeus, hi Kyra," she said, waving at them both. Eyebrow raised slightly at Kyra's new look. "Nice outfit."

Her attention turned to the older man in front of them all. "I'm sorry... master?" she guessed, "it was more difficult to get here than I imagined."

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched as the light appeared from the Master’s hands. It shined a beautiful, white pearl glow. It was almost entrancing.

My focus was broken by a loud noise behind me. As my hand shot toward my saber I turned to see what it was. My hand quickly relaxed as I began to laugh. Barreling our of the water was Kyra Perl Kyra Perl and Serena Rylvin. Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun let out a small chuckle as well.

“Hi Kyra, hi Serena. How are you?”

They both replied good, followed by heavy breathes. A smiled scored my face as I looked at the two Padawans. They both sat down as Master Kortun continued. At least the class would be entertaining.

Auburn Sioda

Banr� on na Anam, Rialaitheoir Dóiteáin
Something, or someone, was calling her here.

Auburn knew little of the galaxy, so when she saw in her dreams a garden world much like her own, she was confused. A world of green, scattered with lakes. Her vision moving across the planet, to end upon a single island, to look at the back of an unknown figure. A single word echoed in her mind when she had awoken.

Takodana.

The Queen had set off for the planet immediately from her home on Domhanda.

Dressed in one of her more "casual" gowns, Auburn walked on the lush grass of Takodana calmly. Though she knew not why she was called here, or who was calling her, she knew she would be in no danger here. She brushed her fingertips on the bark of trees, and along the petals of flowers as she approached, a gentle smile gracing her face.

She felt the presences of others in the Force, and knew she was headed in the right direction. Composing herself as a Queen should, Auburn walked onward to meet them.

"Déithe duit, all of you."

Coming upon the group, Auburn curtsied slightly once she reached them. Clasping her hands together in front of her stomach, her gaze fell upon Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun and she hummed.

"Ah, I believe you are the one I was called to find. I saw the figure of an older man in my dreams, and as you are the only one to fit that description... Oh! My apologies, I've not introduced myself yet!"

Standing straight, smile on her face, Auburn introduced herself to the small group.

"I am Queen Auburn Siodha of Domhanda. It is my pleasure to meet you all."

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Serena Rylvin Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Serena Rylvin Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda

The various Force presences grew rapidly closer, at least two of them practically exploding with haste and desperation to arrive. He hid a smile behind his mustache as he let the light emanating from his hands dissipate, turning to face the newcomers, hand clasped within the sleeves of his robe.

"Ah, a Perl," Tiland said as the first one arrived. "I would expect nothing less from you than you living fully in the present moment. Welcome, pick a pile of moss as a seat. Perhaps someday I'll learn to surf and will be able to do so as well, but I suspect not yet."

Soon the second newcomer arrived, carrying a satchel bag. From her, he felt weariness, a sense of being out of place, and self-doubt. Understandable for any student of the Force, especially those not used to trekking around in the wilderness of remote planets. "Well, the question of being in the right place depends on where it was you were trying to get to. But I sense you are a Jedi, so I can assume that you in the right place. As for the remoteness of the location..." He shrugged and raised his arms to encompass the beach just below them and the empty island, or islet that stretched around them. "I have learned that I'm a high priority target for the Sith Empire, with a very large bounty on my head." He paused at the words and considered. "Maybe the Emperor was embarrassed by the outcome of the last duel. But no matter. Remoteness is for the protection of you all."

And at last, the final one had arrived. She was dressed far more formally than the others, which made sense once she announced her rank and species. It was something he had not expected, as she certainly wasn't a Jedi. But the Force brought who it would. "I am Jedi Master Tiland Kortun. Be welcome here, all of you."

He turned and poured three more cups of tea and handed them around the tree trunk he was using as a table.

"You have come to learn Force Light, which I was just demonstrating. Force Light counteracts the Dark Side itself when the two are in contact. it can remove the Force sensitivity from a Sith, destroy sorcery or alchemical artifacts, and even be used to eliminate Dark Side nexuses." He held up one hand again and the light shone from his palm. "But it can also be destructive when used too freely or without control. Enough Jedi together can achieve what is known as a Wall of Light. It has only rarely been done, but almost always has catastrophic consequences as it changes the weather patterns and disrupts the balance of the world."

Last edited:
He was late.

It was very embarrassing. He didn't even intend to be late, he normally prided himself on being on time. On one hand, he blamed himself. He should have known how long it would take to arrive and he should have arrived on time, but on the other hand he blamed the old Jedi Master.

Who put group training in the middle of no-where? On an island?

He attempted to slot in unseen. He caught the final part of the old man's talk, something about a Wall Of Light. He had never heard of such a wall, or it's location, but at the end of the day there was a lot of things he had never heard of.

He may well have studied since a very young age with The Silver Jedi, and he may well have had a basic understanding of the force and how to manipulate it's power, but he still had no idea how to focus it into all of these different moves that the grown ups kept talking about.

That's partly why he had invited himself to the island. He was sure that he wouldn't be missed in class, and if he was then he would just talk his way out of it. How could his masters fault him for going out of his way to expand his knowledge? Wasn't that the job of the Jedi?

He adjusted his tunic.

The grey tunic was unusual among the Jedi, his masters had scalded him about it at first but eventually had given up and gotten bored. He wouldn't ever change the color, in many ways it had become synonymous with him. It was the color that he liked the most and the tunic was extremely comfortable.

And then he coughed.

And everyone knew he was there.

He wanted the ground to swallow him whole.

He had truly hoped he could arrive to this training and remain hidden, no-one would notice that he had arrived late. It annoyed him that the plan he had formed in his head was no longer applicable. The dry air had cost him his anonymity and he wasn't happy about it.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Serena Rylvin

"Why am I here?" Sigyn groaned to herself, as she got of the small boat she had used to get to an island on Takodana.

She had been traveling around the galaxy, where the force wanted her to go. It had started as a sort of pilgrimage, which she had begun once she had learned what she deemed the necessary parts of the force. She was still very much a padawan, but when she had learnt how to use the force, she had wanted to travel and visit other jedi places.

And today, it had brought her to Takodana. The force had, for some reason, pulled her towards the planet, and to this island. But it had left out the part that it was an island she was heading for before she landed the ship, so she had to use a boat to get there.

Using her spear as a walking stick, Sigyn made her way upwards through the trees, towards whatever the force wanted. It wasn't a difficult path, but the heat was a major problem. She was a Valkyri, and Valkyris didn't do well in hot weather. She had tried dressing lightly, with only a short tank top and a loose pair of pants, with a hood over her head to cover it from the heat. But it still made her exhausted.

Suddenly, she came to a clearing. And to her surprise, it was filled with people, other jedi by the looks of things. It felt like this was where the force had brought her. Most of the jedi there were unknown to her, except for the other redhead there, Kyra Perl.

"Hi, Kyra. I hope I'm not late."

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Serena Rylvin | Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Serena Rylvin Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

"Ah, two more students, excellent," Tiland said, looking at the two padawan. "Though I regret to inform this is not a Force cloak class if you were hoping to be invisible." He gave a broad smile to Caden before continuing. "As I was saying, we are energy embodied, the physical universe is made of energy, and the Force is the energy that connects it all."

He paused and the pearly glow emanated from his outstretched hand again, bathing the island in its glow before it departed. "Force Light channels that energy in its purest form."

Tiland clasped his hands behind his back. "You must empty yourselves and find stillness to allow the Force to flow into you, through you, and then channel it out, unadulterated and unaffected."

So many people!

Kyra buzzed with excitement, the zeltron enthused as always over the bustle of people around her. Hi hi hi! Each greeting got an enthusiastic one back. Kyra leaned into Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir as the girl found a spot beside her, the motion informal and friendly.

Master Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun had started to speak and for a moment, she had listened closely. This was important to her. Force light was her best skill-- in fact half the time it felt like her only skill! She was here! She was dedicated! But a certain flowy dress rippled in the window and woosh, there went the girl's attention.

"Look at her," she whispered, nudging Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir to look Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda 's way. "She looks like a fairy." A soft yearning smile touched Kyra's lips, followed by the abrupt, "I wonder how she keeps that dress up." The Queen's strapless dress was something of a quandary to the teen that would wiggle out of it in five minutes flat.

She leaned closer to her fellow red head, having the presence of mind to whisper very softly. "Do you think she uses the force?"

He stood there.

A grin crept across his face. At least the master that was leading the class found humor in him being late. It put him a lot more at ease, relaxed him an awful lot. He was glad, in lots of ways, that the master seemed very relaxed and at ease. Maybe the lesson would be fun.

So, right.

A queen, a lot of small children, a man with a robot hand and a Jedi Master that looked old enough to be a fossil. It was quite a group of people that had come together just to learn the skill that was being offered. It was a group that he could see himself fitting into.

He listened as the old Jedi Master explained the basics of the power. Force Light, the channeling of the force into something unique. According to the old master, it was the energy that connected the universe in it's more pure, uncut form.

A lot like the drugs on Corellia.

He chuckled ever so lightly to himself, before becoming serious once again. He had heard a little of the man's talk previous to his arrival, that Force Light could be used to be used to burn out the Nexus' of the Dark Side of the force, the evil side.

"Master, you previously mentioned a dark side nexus. This begs the question. What is a nexus?"

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir | Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda | Serena Rylvin

Oh man, was he definitely late to this party. Even from a distance, he could see the group of students surrounding the elder master, already fairly large and deep in conversation. Or at least, that’s what it looked like to Starlin.

His antennapalps picked up on a few bits of the conversation shortly before he came skidding to a halt near the group. Specifically, he heard Caden Evesa Caden Evesa ’s last words about a Dark Side nexus.

“Dark Side nexus? I’ve been in one of those!” Starlin blurted without thinking.

He regretted it immediately. Now it felt like everyone was staring at him, the latest of all the padawans present. (So far.) His face turning scarlet, Starlin winced and cautiously looked around. He didn’t see any familiar faces. Just great. But not too surprising—so far his time among the Jedi had been pretty insular. Even when he was on Kashyyyk, he had spent his days training one-on-one with Syd, leaving little time to socialize.

“Uh, sorry,” he apologized as soon as he could find his voice again. “My name is Starlin Rand, I’m Syd Celsius’ padawan. She's a Silver Jedi..." And so was everyone else here, presumably. "This is the Force Light teaching thing, right? I’ve actually done Force Light a couple times before, my master thinks I have a natural talent for it… er, but I’d like to improve... my ability to... yeah.” Time to shut up, Starlin.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda Serena Rylvin

Last edited:
OBJECTIVE - Light, Laughter and..... something else beginning with 'L'

Where: Takodana
Why: To Learn Force Light
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes
When: Late
With: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Serena Rylvin Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Aurelion blinked as he looked around the remote locale of Takodana this class had been hosted in, the Force drawing him here as it had many others, as his singular eye traced that winding 'crack' in the Force up along the path leading to the small island. The beeps and whistles of T1 going unheard as the little droid rolled along beside Aurelion, who was too intently trained on this somewhat familiar anomaly in the Force to listen to the droid properly. As Aurelion stepped onto the island the little droid gave a low 'wooo' at the sight of all the people, as Aurelion's gaze lifted to see the man who sat as the fulcrum of this 'fault line' in the Force. Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Aurelion paused, tilted his head, and unintentionally stared at the elderly man in silent contemplation. A series of weaving, twisting, healing and breaking fractures emanating from the soft light he felt from the wizened Jedi. Aurelion's own fractured, crystalline soul as open to interpretation, though as T1 bumped his leg Aurelion blinked, shook his head, and proceeded to notice the large crowd of people also there. This made him flush softly, ears flicking and drooping in sheepish embarrassment as he pat T1 on the head.

Quickly figuring out he was, once again, rather late Aurelion gave a small, sheepish wave to the gathered people. Tilting his head as he recognized some of them, only to pause when he saw Kyra Perl Kyra Perl in a bathing suit. This made Aurelion blink, before coughing awkwardly into his hand as he had never really seen Kyra dressed like that before, and turn to look down at T1. "Are you sure you want to be here to watch this?" The little droid wobbled and chirped an affirmative before responding. "T1+Sure=Yes! T1+Ship=Tired!!" The little astromech swirled it's head in the affirmative before Aurelion nodded and knelt down on his own patch of moss. T1 rolling respectfully over to the side out of the way so as not to disturb the class.

The feeling Sigyn felt when the old master used Force Light was undiscribable. It was like feeling the Light side itself, only purer, in a way. Refreshing, energizing, soft. Yet, at the same time strong. Just like the Light side of the force.

"Huh," said Sigyn, as she was snapped out of the feeling by Kyra Perl Kyra Perl who was motioning her to look at one of the others present. The oldest of the students, from the look of it. "She does look like a fairy, yes. But how can she even move properly around in it. Very unpractical," she whispered back. It was true that the woman looked pretty in it, but the dress was something Sigyn herself would never wear. "I see no other way she could keep it up that way, without the force. But I think I've seen others, without the force, using similar dresses." After havign whispered that, she found a comfortable way to sit, and focused on the Force Light.

Alright, empty myself, she thought, and breathed in, trying to find the stillness the old master was talking about. Open myself to the force, let the light flow. She had, without realizing it, closed her eyes, and was sitting there breathing evenly. Like when she was meditating. But suddenly, she got aware of this, and that she was no longer listening to what was being said. Her eyes shot open, and she looked frantically around. It seemed they were discussing Dark Side Nexuses. And a few newcomers had also arrived. Chit, how long was I sitting like that?

"Isn't a dark side nexus a sort of consentration of the dark side at a given place?" she asked, trying to make it sound like she had paid attention all the time.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa | Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda | Serena Rylvin

Auburn Sioda

Banr� on na Anam, Rialaitheoir Dóiteáin
Auburn stepped forward quietly, dress dragging softly across the grass, and took the cup of tea Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun offered with a small nod of thanks before walking back to the rest of the students, all much younger than her. What did Darlyn say they were called? Path... No, that's not it.... Or was it? Puddle ones? That sounded... close. Oh well, she'd ask Darlyn about it again later.

When Tiland bathed the island in Light, Auburn was intrigued. So this is what the gods were sending her here to learn, then? To use the Light in it's purest form, a stark contrast to what her partner did on Concord Dawn.

She prayed she would never have to use it on anyone she loved.

The queen's elongated ears twitched with amusement as she heard Kyra Perl Kyra Perl and Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir whisper about her looking like a fairy, and pondering between themselves about how her dress was staying up. It was adorable, really, even if Auburn didn't know what a "fairy" was meant to be... She'd ask Darlyn about that too.

Auburn sipped her tea as the topic of Dark Side Nexuses came up, with Starlin Rand Starlin Rand saying he had been in one, and he was a padawan not a puddle one. Was that the actual term? She glanced downwards almost ashamed of herself for getting the term wrong, before looking over as another padawan arrived, and he had long pointed ears just like her! Maybe he had Anam blood? Oh but his hair is blond, and even half-breed Anam tend to have red hair, right?

Oh well.

She smiled at Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova and his droid, before turning her attention back to the others. They discussed what a Dark Side Nexus was, and Auburn's mind wandered to Darlyn telling her about Munto City.

"A mhuirnín told me about Munto City, on Commenor. When the Sith invaded, they destroyed the city, and all the deaths of the people who lived there created a Dark Nexus. He told me Dark Side Nexuses are much easier to create than ones aligned with the Light, like the one on my home planet. Apparently the Loch na Beannachtai is a rarity in the galaxy."

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Serena Rylvin

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Serena Rylvin Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir

Tiland paused and crossed his arms, clasping his hands inside the sleeves of his robe, as they spoke. He nodded slowly, listening. "In a way. Nexuses are locations strong in the Force, either Light or Dark. Sometimes, they can be created intentionally, but they can also develop naturally over time."

He took a seat next to one of the mossy mounds used as a seat. "It is like the moss." One hand rested gently on the moss and the other gestured to the rest. "Over time, as the Force is used, and channeled by generations, it pools in the area, grows strong, creating a symbiotic relationship between the place, the people there, and the Force."

At the mention of the Dark nexus on Commenor, he let out a sigh. "Dark nexuses are more straightforward to make, quicker, rather than easier. The massacre and destruction of sentient beings is the quickest way to create a Dark nexus. It feeds off the pain, the suffering, the corruption. But leveling a city and butchering its inhabitants are not easy things to accomplish."

Tiland rapped his knuckles on the staff that lay on the ground beside him. "But a Light side nexus is tended for, nurtured, and cared for over time, much akin to a garden.

"But welcome, young Rand. I must admit to not know Syd Celsius, but good to have you." He nodded at the other newcomer. "Come, join us."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom