Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayward Son

Feet were kicked up and resting the desk as she leaned back in her chair. The witch was looking through the Mandalorian data list on their force sensitive natives and members. She was looking for something special. A Sith past and overcoming it was one feature in her search. Such a feat was one she knew. Petra had been taken from Dathomirian roots and made to learn Sith ways. Those ways led her to driving deeply in the arts that would fuel her enjoyment of how witches used the force. Sith Alchemy and Magic was now being into her use of Dathomirian magic, and the three made such wonderful things in the force.

Giving a moment, Petra thought selected one. A man that she might be able to work with in the plans she had. A message was written and sent to him. It was a simple one that stated who she was, and her desire of meeting because there could be a benefit in having the meeting. She added a date from five days from the moment sent the message for their meeting.

So the next five days, she did her normal thing. When it came time for their meeting, she was in her office and her witches would make sure her guest be brought to her.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

Ever since becoming acquainted with his people once again, the Mandalorian known as Isley Verd had began to make contact with a variety of faces; both old and new. Amongst those were the Witches of Dathomir, who had come under the occupation of the Mandalorian Empire during his imprisoned at the hands of the Sith. Now liberated and a Colonel within the Confederacy, the Mandalorian fully anticipated communications to come from the Mandalorian Empire every now and again as he continued his journey to remove his Dar'manda status. One day in particular, his anticipation was satisfied with a simple message sent by the Mother Superior of the Witches, who then requested a meeting five days from the present. Of course, Isley would happily oblige, and when the appointed date arrived his presence would become known on Dathomir...

"My lady," said one of the guardswomen whose post was that of Petra's office, "Isley Verd has arrived to see you." This simple introduction heralded the opening of the office door so that the beskar-clad warrior might enter. First, he regarded the guardswoman with a respectful nod before stepping within the confines of the Mother Superior's office. From there, he reached for and removed his helmet, tucking it underneath his arm so that he might see the woman who had summoned him across the stars eye-to-eye. To her was given a polite inclination of his head and upper torso in a bow, during which he said, "Mother Superior, it is an honor." Righting himself, he then took another step forward, coming to a halt before her desk. A variety of inquiries flooded through his mind, but the most pressing of them all was simply:

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your summons, Mother Superior?"

@[member="Petra Cavataio"].

With a smile, her hand moved forward. It facing up and open; Petra offer in a pleasant tone. “Have a seat, and get comfortable.” Then she moved back and relaxed in her chair. Grabbing a datapad, she set it to record. It was not for record keeping in the sense of using it against him, but more for her to remember if she had a question popping up at random times. One bugs less people that way.

Once all set, Petra began to explain herself. “Since all the matters on Dathomir have been handled, I have started the next phase of my plans. The Mando’alor and I agree to have the witches and their knowledge become the force order with in Mandalorian space. So I thought who better to assist me than actual Mandalorians who had force training, may it be Jedi, Sith or another order out there. That is why I asked for you to come and meet… your background has traits that I think could mix well with me.” Petra gave a pause to shift to a question and let the information in. “I do wonder what your training entail since that is missing info.”

@[member="Darth Metus"]

The Mandalorian did as directed and slid the chair before him out, then planted his rear into it. Silence ruled him momentarily as he watched the Mother Superior produce her datapad, tap upon its screen a few times, and then set it upon the desk before him. Though he did not make it a point to lean over and see what she had done, he could only assume he was being recorded or something. If he was, he was; if he wasn't, he wasn't. No harm in his book. Then came the questioning...she wanted to know about his training. The first that that popped into Isley's head was how exactly to go about answering the question. Would he spill all that was associated with his upbringing in the Force? Or would he list off that which he had learned over the years?

Electing the latter, he began with, "Well, I am certainly glad that things on Dathomir are squared away, Mother Superior, and if there is anything I can do to help, I'll gladly do so." He punctuated this with a pause before speaking again. "The missing information was deliberate, you see; as there are very few who know all that I have learned over the years. However, if it helps people of Dathomir and Mandalore, I suppose I'll go ahead and open the floodgates...My education in the Force covered a variety of areas. I was trained rigorously in the basics, in particular telekinetics and mentally-based abilities; before going on to study Magic and Alchemy. As it stands, mentalism and Magic are my forte, with telekinetics being adept. My skill in Alchemy is basic, but improving with time. Does this adequately fill the void of information?"

“It does, Isey… thank you.” Petra replied immediately to the question. Then she digested the information. It had to be done quickly so keep the back and forth going. So she came back with remarks. “Magic and Alchemy through the Sith’s ancient ways will assist you in grasping Dathomirian Magic and the alchemy that’s mixed in for the plans I have. And, to clarify the traits mixing well with me, this is what I’m talking about. The Sith magic and alchemy we both know and what we can do with it… and even learn more to do. Are you willing to expand on those traits?”

@[member="Darth Metus"]

In response to her initial reply, the Mandalorian simply nodded, as he was happy to help. Then, when she asked about the union of both Sith and Dathomirian magic and his willingness to expand upon them, Isley took a moment to carefully word his response. He was always open to augmenting his skills, of this there was not even a shadow of a doubt, however he did not want to seem over eager and thereby come off as if he were any stereotypical Sith. "I sincerely doubt that many would have the opportunity to augment their knowledge of Magic and Alchemy alongside the Mother Superior of Dathomir; and as such I'd be a fool to say anything other than absolutely. I would like nothing more than to take you up on this opportunity, and it would be an honor, Mother Superior."

@[member="Darth Metus"]

This was pleasing for the older witch. Getting another would reduce the drain on her; Petra could keep the force she was drawing on to healing her old body from the wear and tear of living and time. Easy was her way for now. Even at the moment they were in she was going to use the easy way to get what she wanted. Smiling and pleased, she added. “Very good… there are a couple things to do before we get you a place to crash when here and start the projects. One thing I want to do could be a little invasive for you, still up for anything I throw at you? ”

From behind his helmet, the Mandalorian's eyebrow rose. He was apprehensive to say the least, but he was also headstrong ever so slightly. Challenges were something he gladly accepted, and things being thrown his way were something he welcomed. As such, he simply nodded his head and replied. "I'm open to whatever it is you have planned, Mother Superior. I'm sure that, whatever it is, will ultimately benefit the Mandalorian Empire; so I don't mind any potential invasiveness." With that said, Isley folded his arms across his chest and made himself comfortable in the seat, leaning back ever so slightly.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

“Very good…Then we’ll move to another room.” Petra stated before getting up from her chair. She moved around her desk and desired for her guest to follow her into the hallway. Going down it, a turn had to be made that led them to the end of the hall with three doors. One in front of Petra was easiest to see into because of the glass doors. In the room, it had books, scrolls, and a holocron of hers. The one to their right was parted by royal purple curtains which hid her mediation room. The room where her children did their training and others that she taught over in her life. The room she was going to. It had a door that was part of the rock wall. Opening was not hard at all since the door were on gland rails; the handle of the door was pressure lock. There were three columns with five rows of holes, and it was there she stuck her fingers in. The door unmoving nature became movable. She slid it open.

Entering just gave another hallway which had several cell doors. It was there she killed a clone of her daughter when awaking another clone of the same daughter. She continued on through the archway which opened up. Just passing the doorway, stairs were there to go down, but she kept moving forward on the pathway. It led them pass eight rows and ten deep on each side of frozen people in carbonite. They were clones of her children. She had them for many reasons and one day the galaxy would see. There were three spots unfilled which counted for her daughters, Fabula, Lauda, and another Lauda clone that was killed.

Petra walked over to her lab. Shelves of ingredients covered the walls. They and machinery such scans surrounded a large solid stone table. It there she patted the stone, “You can take the helmet and most of the armor. Then you may lay on the table.” Next she pulled a bowl from the shelf and filled it with different ingredients. Then added a light purple water to it which was stir as she waited.

The Mandalorian did as bid by the Mother Superior and arose from his seat, taking a moment to push it in before following after her. She led the way down from her office space to a location that was the definition of the word sinister. However, judging by the fact that she had mentioned her access to alchemy, Isley was not too surprised that she had a "secret" hole in the wall that looked just up an Alchemist's alley. As if to confirm his thoughts, she began to pluck ingredients off of her shelves and combine them into a basin; the contents of which caused the Mandalorian's eyebrow to raise. When she instructed him to take off his armor and to lie upon the table, every instinct in Isley's body screamed for him to turn on his heel and walk the kark back up the stairs...but he swallowed them and acted accordingly.

Selecting a moderately cleared table, the Mandalorian first removed his helmet and set it upon the marble countertop. He then began to disarmor himself, setting the components to his beskar'gam neatly together on the table before finally he was reduced to a shirt, boxers, and a pair of socks. The coup d'grace was removing his shirt, revealing the Mark of Darkness which wound its way up his right arm and across the vast majority of his torso. It was an intricate, almost tribalesque "tattoo" of black and naturally grew in response to his experience in the Dark Side of the Force. Evidenced by its size, it was safe to say that the Mandalorian knew a thing or two about the Sith ways...

With a hint of hesitance, Isley laid upon the table and inhaled a calming breath. He mentally reassured himself that whatever Petra had in store was for the good of the Mandalorian Empire, and the people of Dathomir; both of whom he would gladly endure a ritual or two to assist.

"So what exactly are you...going to do?"

@[member="Darth Metus"]

The bowl was held up to her lips. Having it close to her lips, Paecean words were said over it before offering it to Metus. Then she answered him, “This is a little spell of insight… Before we move any further on this path, I want to make sure I choose right. Like I said before what I wanted to do would be invasive, it won’t hurt physically. Just take a sip of the potion and lay down. We’ll get this over with.” Holding the bowl up to drink from, she was not with the potion she made. It had another purpose too, but it was for after her guest takes a sip and laid down.

Sitting up, the Mandalorian did as bid by the Mother Superior. He tok the basin in his hands and stared apprehensively at the contents within. Once more, his instincts screamed in opposition, but he stifled them; raising the bowl to his lips in the process. Unknowing of how much to drink, Isley suffered through three mouthfuls of the potion before handing the basin back to the Mother Superior. It burned like whiskey going down, but not that satisfying burn that made the evening just right. And its taste was absolutely disgusting. However, the Mandalorian did not say a word of his thoughts on the matter and laid back upon the table as bid. "Alright," he said softly, "now what?"

“Relax, sweetie… thoughts will come to you but over all just relax.” Petra instructed as stirred the rest of the potion in the bowl. Taking her index finger, she dipped it in the potion. Next she brought it over Metus’ forehead and drew the symbol of insight in Paecean on his forehead. Then went to bowl, and over it she began chanting in Paecean, the witches’ language.

Petra focused on the force as her words called it up in higher levels than other spells. The potion began to bubble and smoke began poured over the edge of the bowl. That was when she walked with the smoking bowl and poured a little of the potion at his feet, then his hands, and the rest was poured above his head. As she did that, her chanting did not stop, and the spots what she made were making more colorless smoke. It was moving behind her when she moved around him. The spots were linked by the smoke.

Finally the chanting changed, her words altered and the smoke turned into a glowing purple mist. Drawing the force, it was channeled to move over him. The mist made a thin layer over him. Same time, the symbol began to glow more so than the mist, but it was not harming Metus. It was just exact glow as if the force was reading to follow the commands in Petra’s chanting. The mist went upwards over his chest and made a cloud.

Then flashes in the cloud came after it formed. A moment later pass as chanting faded and images formed of that just transpired in her office. Petra spoke in basic for a change and asked, “What is your greatest achievement in your entire life, Isey?”

@[member="Darth Metus"]

The Mandalorian felt the presence of the Force wash over him like a mighty tide, and in order to keep himself calm whilst the Mother Superior "worked", he closed his eyes. The words the woman spoke were in a language that he didn't even remotely understand, and he felt the wetness of the waters caress his skin and hair. Isley, by no means, protested; and continued to swallow the urges of his instincts until the woman made an inquiry of him. The question she posed was as loaded as a light machine gun, and it caused the Mandalorian to deeply ponder things. At first, he was about to utter some prideful conquest of his, such as uppercutting the Sith Emperor's right hand man whilst surrounded by over five hundred Stormtroopers. Or his diving into a Rakghoul den during the reign of the Rebuilder and emerging victorious.

But, instead, he spoke of something near and dear to his heart. Something vastly sentimental. "Becoming a father." he said simply.

The visions in the mist changed as thoughts changed with Metus. The spell and potion worked together to give old woman insight to the man. She did this spell for many reasons. The one reason that could be said to be the heaviest was trust. There were many killed for turning on the trust that was formed. It tired her with dealing with those types. So she came up with a way to ease the chances of error with this way. Then seeing in clearer vision his answer just before he spoke, she got to witness him before a father. It made her smile for a moment.

The moment had changed. Paecean words began to flow from her lips. The mist was reacting to the words as the force was being used in focused word. It made the mist decrease in size and became smoother on the edges. She kept chanting to make it smaller. Then she stopped and the second question came. It was the final one too. “What is your greatest sin?”

@[member="Darth Metus"]

The Mandalorian contemplated his answer to this new inquiry quite a bit. He mulled over every sordid action he had committed over the years; from collecting bounties on seemingly innocent individuals to his joining the Sith Empire. He even considered his former affections for @[member="Feena Mason"] a crime, for she was bonded to another through marriage. However, the end result was there was a single act that made Isley loath himself; something that made him fearful when he closed his eyes. It was an act of recent history and he did not dare go into detail. By being vague, it could have been interpreted as the act of him entering the service of the Sith Empire; but for him it was much much more. "My greatest sin..." he began, gritting his teeth ever so slightly, "is submitting to the Sith." he left it at that and went silent once more.

What she saw and heard was a reminder of her own past. No one was a saint in the galaxy, and anyone that said they were did not sin yet. Petra even had similar experience with married men and women. She had done so much wrong in the galaxy, and it could be link to her early years with Sith. From all of this, he was good in her book. So she began Paecean words to fill the air. The words made the mist turned into a sphere. Chanting kept moving on, the sphere turned harder and harder until she reaced out, and she took it from the air. Mist, potion, and symbol she drew were all gone. The only thing left from the spell was the crystal ball she held.

“Alright, Metus… you can sit up. It is all over. I got what I wanted.” Petra said as she looked over the sphere in her hands. Then she held it for Metus to take once he was ready, and she added. “Have two gifts for you… first is the crystal ball. It is made from both sides of your life… the greatest and worst parts… because of the mixture with the force, it has ability give you sight to see what your bloodline sees when you focus and trap into the force with it... Little warning with the crystal, it cannot take heavy viewing sessions… like thirty seconds at most because the power you are tapping into is highly focused and the spell will be broken and what binds the power will allow it to be gone.”

Petra serious about it limits but it allowed him to see through his children eyes. She then moved to the second gift. “Now… second gift, if you are up for another spell. I’ll adopt you into my family… you are more similar to Cavataio than you think and working with a lot will show you that likeness. So you would a good addition to the family.”

@[member="Darth Metus"]

Taking the crystal ball in his hands gingerly, the Mandalorian then gaped at its flawless surface. This, undoubtedly, would be a valuable tool; both to help protect those he cherished most...and to keep an edge over his enemies across the stars. To Isley, this gift alone was much more valuable than words could ever articulate; but then he was offered a second gift that absolutely blew his mind. To say the least, Isley did not even know how to respond and looked up at the Mother Superior with widened eyes.

"A-Are you saying that you'd...make me your son?" he inquired, in almost disbelief. However, despite the shock, he nodded his head almost furiously, for this was an immense honor and privilege. "I-I'd of course be honored to be apart of your family, Mother Superior. Thank you for these amazing gifts..." He then lowered his head out of respect and gratitude, keeping his peace for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom