Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Way of the Tumbleweed (Bastila)

Bastila Sal-Soren

JqaAXf1.png

JAKKU ENCLAVE NORTH — ABANDONED
20 KM FROM JAKKU JEDI ENCLAVE
SUNSET

Raised on Ziost, Hoth, and Pagodon, Tilon shouldn't have needed a coat tonight, but the desert got cold early this time of year. He'd forgotten Jakku could be like that. He tucked his speeder bike out back under a dusty tarp and warmed his hands against the engine housing for a minute, watching the black horizon. No hazards emerged. Once his fingers swelled with the pain of warming up, he ducked into the house — one of the houses — he'd grown up in.

Desert creatures skittered into the deepest gloom and held their breath in the corners. A little rodent or some such ran into a disaggregated, sand-choked set of Jakku Chimes with a mournful clunk.

The goal here was to remember, to see if the Force would call up memory, of the complex panicked days here, days when Tilon had felt sure the Jedi were going to cast him out, kill him like they'd tried to kill his father at the main enclave. These days right here had played a role in making Jend-Ro Quill his father, he thought, but he'd been...what, twelve, thirteen? Fresh from his own traumas at Jedi hands, and feeling like the ground was about to be yanked out from under him?

Formative days, but not good ones. The more he understood them, the more, maybe, he'd understand himself. Why he'd chosen to join the Jedi despite all of that; what purpose he'd hoped to find.

He poked around by a dim flashlight: the main room, the side chambers, his father's room, his, all sand-choked and tired. There might be nothing here after all.

Bastila Sal-Soren

B

3d898f64831b44dabec6b276bdbb1c91_1.gif

JediDivB.png

Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightaber
Tag: Tilon Quill Tilon Quill
B-S1.png

'You're going to get into trouble...' She thought to herself as she navigated the Jakku wastelands, heading towards the abandoned Enclave. In a way, she had taken off, needing a moment of respite and thought to herself and rumors had swirled about an abandoned Enclave to the north. Her curiosity was a driving factor, but her desire to escape. She had struggled with the loss of her parents, and hadn't quite dug into the training that Master Jade was providing. Maybe this would be a moment for her to catch her breath, reflect and just examine the world, no, the Galaxy that was larger than her. People seemed to forget during their hustle and bustle in their daily lives, they were much like the grains of sand on Jakku - one small bit of an infinite sea.

The speeder came to a halt, just outside the compound walls which had seen better days. Crumbling, rusting and breaking down as the harsh environment of Jakku assaulted it daily - trying vainly to get to the interior and the remains inside. Her hands pulled free the goggles, letting them drop around her neck, resting upon the sand covered cloth. A shortened, dark brown robe flowed freely behind her as she ventured forth through a broken opening in the wall. The Force guiding her movements, a rippling echo that reverberated through her mind, making her wonder deeper into the Enclave. She'd step over a broken piece of wall, slipping on the edge and falling forward with a loud thud and an audible
"Oof". Pain wracked her body briefly as she rolled onto her side, grunting at her clumsiness. 'Ugh, that hurt...' She griped mentally, rolling onto her side and eventually back to her feet. Hands brushing off the dust and dirt from her tunic.

"Just glad no one was here to see that..." She mused softly.

JediDivB.png

When the wind allowed it, the desert could get profoundly still. A stumble, an 'oof,' and a mumble caught Tilon's attention away from the mess he'd been perusing.

He stretched out and felt no anger, no malice. He eased his way through a sand-choked door and around a bend, flashlight blazing in front of him.

"Hello?" he called. "This place is Jedi territory." Had been, anyway; that was complicated. "Who's there?

Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

Bastila Sal-Soren

B

JediDivB.png

B-S1.png

Bastila froze upon hearing the voice of another. Her mind would race and her heart would pump fast and hard as she scrambled to her feet. She didn't know anyone occupied the ruins, how could they?

They were ruins after all!

She placed a hand out, preparing mentally to defend herself if she had to. She wasn't proficient with the Force as some but she knew how to push, pull or throw things in a good enough manner that it would make a difference in a fight.

But she didn't get the sense that a fight was coming.

No, she got a bit of surprise and even perhaps some curiosity from the presence. It becoming more defined as they moved closer. She kept her hand up, regardless, hoping that the presence she felt just beyond was indeed one of friendly nature. Part of her held a suspicion, a bit of anxiety. What if it was the Force messing with her? What if it was a ghost? She had heard stories of such things happening around structured laden with the presence of the Force.

How would she deal with it?

She grunted softly, dismissing the thought from her mind as she replied to the voice. "I'm a Jedi..." A slight mistruth, she had only recently focused on her Jedi training, and a Padawan wasn't considered a full fledged Jedi - but this wasn't something they would know.

Would they...?

JediDivB.png

Nothing felt particularly hazardous, the more Tilon searched his instincts. His flashlight transitioned to a travel lantern which lit up this whole sector of the tumbledown homestead/enclave. He set it on a sandy bench.

"I'm guessing you're from Master Romi Jade Romi Jade 's enclave?" he said, keeping things calm and friendly. "My name's Tilon Quill. I'm a Jedi Knight — I spent a while there as a kid." He gestured around. "This was my father's house. Jakku Enclave North, they called it, sort of tongue in cheek. What brings you out here?"

Bastila Sal-Soren

Bastila Sal-Soren

B

JediDivB.png

B-S1.png

Bastila blinked and nodded.

"Yes, I'm from Master Jade's enclave..." She slowly started to feel a bit easier, a bit calmer. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude..." She interjected quickly, waving her hands before her. "I was really just exploring and kind of..." She took a moment, thinking of the right words. "Feeling the Force to see where it would take me." She chuckled softly at the notion. Feeling out the Force wasn't something she did often and when she did, she tended to get into a bit of trouble.

However, in this instance, it seemed that she might have met someone new - someone who can enlighten her on things.

"So far, it hasn't disappointed though I'd be lying if I said at times it's gotten me into a bit of trouble." She would chuckle again, perhaps still a bit nervous. She looked around the room briefly and then back to Tilon. "So, your dad was a Force user, I take it?"

JediDivB.png

"Oh, he still is, he's just a hermit. He's got a rare condition where being around other people is uncomfortable or painful, in the Force I mean. So I grew up in places like this, on the fringes. The Hoth Enclave was his home for a long time, and these days he lives on Pagodon in a library full of alien books."

Tilon set the lightstick lantern on a shelf and started brushing sand off mostly-intact chairs, for hospitality's sake.

"I don't know why I'm tidying up - nobody's lived here in ages. Not sure my father even knows it still exists. What do you think the Enclave would do with a place like this if they had free rein of it, an invitation? Training ground, meditation site, penitence, uh, cloister? Dorm room?"

Bastila Sal-Soren

Bastila Sal-Soren

B

JediDivB.png

B-S1.png

Bastila listened intently to Tilon's explanation, her curiosity piqued by the mention of his hermit father and their unique living situation. She nodded thoughtfully as he spoke, trying to imagine what it must have been like growing up in such remote places.

"It must have been quite an experience, growing up in such isolation," Bastila remarked, offering a sympathetic smile. "But it sounds like your father has found a way to make it work for him. Living on Pagodon in a library full of alien books sounds fascinating."

As Tilon busied himself with tidying up the deserted area, Bastila considered his question about the potential uses of the space for the Enclave. She pondered for a moment, weighing the possibilities.

"If the Enclave were to have free rein of this place, I think it could serve multiple purposes," Bastila replied with a thoughtful tone. "It could certainly be used as a training ground, providing a secluded and peaceful environment for Jedi to hone their skills. Additionally, it could serve as a meditation site, allowing individuals to connect with the Force in a tranquil setting. And perhaps it could also be utilized as a place for reflection and penitence, offering Jedi the opportunity to contemplate their actions and seek inner peace."

She paused, considering Tilon's other suggestions. "As for dorm rooms, I'm not sure if this place would be suitable for long-term habitation. But with some modifications, it could potentially provide temporary lodging for Jedi seeking solitude or retreat."

JediDivB.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom