Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Way Of The Mynock (Jardain Ismet)

159059829246330609.png

Time: 9 PM

Meet me on the outer courtyard at 10:00 pm. Bring your lightsaber with you.

- Master Jairdain Jairdain

That’s all the note said. Lon had just been on Kashyyyk for only a couple hours from Ryloth after mediating diplomatic relations in the capital of Lessu. Being a Knight ambassador meant that he was constantly on the move so he didn’t have any time to sit down and relax. The note was on the bed when he arrived at his quarters. This prompted the question of why? Why did master Jairdain want to see him and so late at night too? What could she possibly want?

Jairdain was an accomplished Jedi master one of the strongest Force users the Silver Jedi had ever seen with the rare ability to Spirit walk. Rumours floated around that not only was she able to spirit walk but that she was one who created the technique in the first place. Jairdain was also an excellent swordwoman of her own right. According to the public records that the Silver Jedi order kept she even managed to fight on the front lines and spearhead sieges that granted immense victories for the Silver Jedi Order and their allies . Granted Lon wasn’t a bad swordsman himself, sure he had his faults in terms of technique but why him? He was just only a Jedi knight who had only been knight two years prior and had only just became a Silver Ambassador less than a year ago

Too many questions with little to no answers floated around his head this intrigued him even more. He folded the note grabbed his lightsaber and made his way to the outer courtyard he would need to meet her in less than an hour according to the note.

Last edited:
It had been a long time since Jairdain had taken any sort of lesson as a student. Granted being a Master to a Padawan, the learning went both ways, but she was usually the one teaching. However, she felt she needed to learn about physical combat. This was her weakness. Even though she had been on the frontlines more than once and gotten into a few fights, her lack of true fighting skills held her back from actually winning any duels.

Day or night didn't matter to her since she was blind. When it came to sight and seeing, her world was always dark. Through the Force though, she was able to see the world in color and in a manner not many others could. Perhaps as payment, she would be able to teach Lon how to see even if he became blind. Not that she wished that on anybody.

While she might have seen a few battles and been involved in campaigns, she was more comfortable providing support. Healing and enhancing her allies were her strengths. Now it was time to hopefully fix her ability in combat. So Jairdain had sent a message to another person in the hopes he would be able to help and teach her.

She wasn't one to dress in the traditional manner of the Jedi. Her life as an advisor to royalty and living a life outside of the Silver Jedi territory had brought this change in her. Wearing tailored clothes, they were of fine quality and she carried herself with dignity. That might not be seen in the near darkness of the courtyard though.

Watching through the Force, she saw and felt as Lon approached and revealed herself. Jairdain hadn't actually been hiding, just not moving until he appeared. Giving him a nod, she held a hand out to shake.

"Thank you for coming. I am Jairdain Ismet. I would like some help if you are willing."

The first step had been taken and he had taken the second by coming. All she needed to know is if he was willing to help. Taking the lightsaber off of her own belt, she held it out in front of her. Not yet igniting it, the silver hilt would be clear in the light of the courtyard.

"I need to know how to fight and defend myself."

Lon Vondon Lon Vondon

159059829246330609.png

"I need to know how to fight and defend myself."

The statement had puzzled Lon. Even he knew that medics who were primarily stationed in the healing halls on Kashyyyk had basic knowledge and application of lightsaber forms, granted physical combat wasn’t a speciality of theirs. The talents mostly laid in their advanced energy control and force abilities they knew how to defend themselves in an emergency.

This was extremely surprising to Lon how a Jedi master of all people didn’t know how to defend themselves but he didn’t hold that against her. He knew better than that. His old master before the unfortunate events on Tatooine had taught him two lessons one was never to underestimate someone else abilities and the second was to best the people. If anything the two lessons he was taught would play into the situation in front of him.

Taking a moment to rein in his thoughts before speaking

“Master @Jairdain… I am but a lowly Jedi Knight a new one at that while I am flattered that you would me want me to teach you. I am not sure how I can help, you are a Jedi Master after all.“ That much was the was the truth. It wasn’t because he didn’t want to teach her. It because he wondered if she would gain anything from him She was a Jedi master with a wealth of experience and knowledge that Lon could only begin to comprehend. The look she gave him was that of disappointment as she began to walk away.

Lon sighed “ I didn’t say I couldn’t teach you. If you insist on me teaching you I will do so on one condition”, putting a finger in front of him, you tell me what you want from this and from me. You are the one in charge here.” Unclipping the lightsaber from his belt feeling the cool metal on his skin and thumbing the switch. The green blade erupted as it buzzed to life. “If you want to learn how to defend yourself so badly where do you want to start?"

Tag Jairdain Jairdain

It was true she did know the basics of fighting but felt the need to expand her knowledge. That was why she had searched and found Lon. Like her, he was more of a diplomat and would rather use his words to gain peace than his lightsaber. He would be the perfect tutor for her.

Picking up on his confusion, she raised a hand just a little to explain something.

"I understand this comes as a surprise. When I was growing up, my people never taught me how to fight. With the Jedi, I learned the basics and that was all. The Force is my ally and I can use that to fight. However, there have been times when using that hasn't been an option. During those times, I wish I had known more about using a weapon."

Some of this information might be found in her records and Jairdain did not know how much research he had done on her before deciding to join her tonight.

"Even a Padawan can best a Knight or even Master under the right circumstances. Remember that, Lon."

Stopping when he spoke up, he said he wanted to know from this lesson. Turning around, she heard the familiar hum of a lightsaber and smiled a little. Taking her own off her belt, she held it in one hand and then took a more of a ready stance. Or at least, that's what she thought she was doing.

"What I want from you is the knowledge I need to defend those around me. Those I want to protect and keep safe."

This is what Form III was good for and the blind woman knew this.

Igniting her white blade, it had been with her for so very long. Though she had rarely had the opportunity to use it, the lightsaber was very much a part of her.

"What do you mean? Where do I want to start? Test me, see what I already know, find out where I might be wrong, and correct me."

As good or bad as it was, she really was nothing more than a novice with using her lightsaber. Over the course of these lessons, she hoped to become more than that. With his help.

Lon Vondon Lon Vondon

159059829246330609.png
"What do you mean? Where do I want to start? Test me, see what I already know, find out where I might be wrong, and correct me."

If that wasn’t invitation enough Lon charged toward her without giving any prior warning. He just made sure to go easy on her. Raising his lightsaber above his head ready to strike. The familiar buzz of clashing lightsabers coming together as Jairdain Jairdain managed to block the strike. She was a fast one which was a good sign it also meant she had good reflexes too. If she wanted to be taught a style Soresu would be a good fit for her.

Taking advantage of her block Lon ducked down and went for Jairdain’s knees, he was blocked yet again. If there was anything he could gain from the preliminary observations it was that she had good instincts. Just as a surprise he pulled a variable acceleration maneuvre that managed to land master Jairdain on her butt.

In the battlefields Jedi needed to be able to fight in unexpected ways. He just needed to be able to capitalise on that when making a training regime, quick thinking and adaptability was a good marker of a good Jedi after all.

Confident in his assessment Lon thumbed off his lightsaber and gave Jairdain Jairdain a hand. “I’ll give it you, for a novice in lightsaber combat you have some talent. We just need to find the right way to nurture it. You have really good reflexes which is a start but your movements are not succinct enough." Lon gave master Jairdain a sympathetic smile “Not to worry though you’ll improve with training.”

Ideas started to flood Lon’s head of where to go from there but he needed to grab a few things before the real training could begin and it was already late. It was almost 2 am and if Lon was going to teach her Soresu they needed to be well rested. Teaching such a lightsaber form was taxing on both the body and mind. There was a reason why they called it the “Way of the Mynock”.

“Meet me here tomorrow at 9 pm. The training will be difficult and test the upper limits of your strength both mentally and physically so rest up while you but I am sure you’ll be as great as me if not better within a months time”

Lon was no idiot. He could tell when someone had potential and by the looks of it Jairdain had a ton of it

Tag: Jairdain Jairdain

His quick and sudden attack did not entirely surprise Jairdain as much as it might have somebody younger. What she did not utilize against him was the Force itself. Though she did use it to enhance her movement, senses, and what ability she did have in using the lightsaber she held. Even this was not enough to keep herself from getting knocked to her butt. This was fine though, all part of the learning process.

Accepting the helping hand, she gave Lon a small bow when she got to her feet. Listening to what he said, she clipped her lightsaber back onto her belt and nodded.

"When I have been in battle before, I was able to use the Force to keep myself from dying. Then luck. I expect a few bruises out of this. Don't worry about my ego. That takes hit pretty consistently."

Knowing how much energy any kind of training would take, Jairdain knew this was going to be tough. She picked up on his excitement and smiled. It carried over to her and she felt it as well. Anticipation at learning once again and knowing there was still more to learn and that would never end.

"Mental aspects I shouldn't have too many issues. It's been a long time since I've done much physical fighting. That'll be painful for a short time, but I'll get used to it. I will see you tomorrow night, master."

Watching as he walked away to plan out the training, she turned and headed back to her home. Stretching slightly as she walked, she would show up again the next evening ready to officially start training with him.

Lon Vondon Lon Vondon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom