Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watering the Desert [Tatooine Proposal]

So I was looking over my dominions recently, getting involved with them to help push forward the factions I'm a part of, and I spot the Helska one for the Sith. Doing some research, I find that it's a completely lifeless planet covered with an ice shell, underneath that a massive ocean of water.

What I would like to do is, with your permission, transport fresh water from Helska(using modified Tryton-class Cargo Containers) to the desert planet of Tatooine, a world desperately in need of water.

The water will be disseminated across the planet, forming individual oasis-like locations where plants can grow, banthas can be raised, and the general planetary economy as a whole will grow more rich.

Thoughts?

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
@[member="Pandeima"]
The idea is thoughtful, but the native life of Tatooine has already adapted to the desert environment. Banthas can survive for long periods of time without water, Tusken Raiders and predators have hunting grounds/methods, settlements are already constructed, and life has already changed accordingly to its current state.

I don't see a major problem with this, but I'd just like to see realism placed. Don't make oases, make water supply depots and moisture vaporation farms. Just be sure to take in the biosphere of Tatooine and add in the effects of large sums of water being dumped in various locations.

Now now, @[member="Darren Shaw"], this is a humanitarian thing. No reason to reject aid for a planet that's been glassed for well over twenty-five thousand years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom