Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Watch Over You

The revelation that Darien preferred the cold on his forehead came as a surprise to Theryn, unexpected but most welcome. That gentle shake of Darien's head had the water sloshing, and the knowledge that the warmth wasn't helping in the way he hoped it would spurred the Prince on. Soon the suds were done away with, fingers dancing through to ensure no residue was left behind, and then he was lifted back up out of the water, head remaining cradled until the last moment.
Therein, Theryn settled his hand to Darien's forehead, a light touch but with a big impact. His frigid hands could be of some use then, that was good to know.
"Sorry, Petal," he whispered, "I thought the heat would help."
He kept one hand in place upon Darien's forehead, shifting it only to spread some of the cooling touch to his neck and temples, while the other stroked his cheek. "You are a good, and strong, man" Theryn voiced softly, "You deserve the world, the universe... I swear to you now, Darien, I will not lay such stressors at your feet ever again. I will not make problems for you here." Headstrong and foolhardy was what he had been that day, traits he knew would see him set within an early grave if he was not careful. His swollen face and aching body was testament to that.
Leaning forward, he settled his lips to Darien's temple as though sealing the oath. They lingered a little longer than they perhaps should have, and when Theryn pulled away again he could feel his heart thumping rapidly, happily. His cheeks reddened, though not due to the heat, and then he was shuffling himself and the stool further along the side of the tub.
"May I have your hand, blossom?" he inquired, extending one of his own to Darien's right. His other plucked up a sponge and a nail brush. Limb by limb he'd see the grime washed away, under the nails would be tended to, hands massaged, etc. Limbs he could tend to, but the rest he would leave to Darien. Well, he could do his back too. He did not wish to intrude upon personal boundaries for the rest, though.

Darien could not see the concern and surprise in Theryn's bruised as he lay with his head mostly underwater and his eyes closed, as they had been for some time now but he felt it rippling in the waters of the force. More than that though it was apparent in the way Theryn shifted. What had been a slow rinsing under the water became much faster. Not rushed exactly and every bit as caring but not slow either. At least not until his head was back out of the water. Everything seemed to slow back down again then.

Hands lingered over his head until he was conveyed, cradled to rest against the bath rim again. Cool stone on the back of his neck and then a cold hand back on his brow and over his eyes. Air leaked from him, out of his nose and into the air carrying with it stress and discomfort. Theryn's hand was a relief and he could feel his head throbbing with less urgency.

"You don't need to be sorry, sweet prince" he sighed, in a state of low-energy relaxation "The heat helps everywhere else"

It was especially helpful on his legs back and shoulders, though a slow process he could feel the tension there beginning to loosen. Theryn's hand moved over his head, brow, temples and the back of his neck and despite the heat radiating from Darien it never lost its chill. Darien would have to ask about that at some point, but how did one bring it up? He did not wish to offend his guest but he was worried about whether the chill caused Theryn pain. It could also be uncomfortable for him at times but not right now. Soon his cheek was also stroked and honeyed words were whispered into his ear.

Darien was not certain he could share Theryn's view of him. He was trying to be good and strong but he detected failure more than success in those endeavours. He certainly did not think he deserved so much. A world ... a universe? No, not for him. Who was he to command such? Even his city was too much.

He knew better than to try to match Theryn's praise for now. The man would brush it off and tell him to stop fretting but he wanted something said. "You have become precious to me Prince Theryn" he confessed "I want to protect you and cherish you too so if there are troubles in your life I want you to share them with me" He opened his eyes briefly to gaze up at Theryn even as it made his head hurt more "Just place them in my hand, not at my feet"

By which he meant to bring me in willingly and openly not force me to find out when the problem is already severe and out of hand.

A lingering kiss was placed upon his temple and Darien closed his eyes again and hummed. It was the only way he could safely expel the energy and feeling that kiss invoked. by the time he had come to his senses, he could hear Theryn moving around the bath. There was a shuffle to his steps that spoke of tiredness or discomfort. He hoped Theryn was not working to hard but the feel of the necklace reminded him it was not for him to worry tonight. Theryn had promised to be careful and considerate of himself and Dari had promised to trust him.

His hands were to be the next site of care and service it seemed and Theryn was careful to make it so Darien did not need to open his eyes. tapping Darien's hand as he made his request so Darien needed only to nod and shift his hand to lay in Theryn's. The prince was gentle there too, softly washing and buffing before both hands clasped Darien's and began to rub and squeeze. The initial cleaning had been ticklish at times but the massage was completely free of even that pleasant irritation. His fingers were softly tugged to clear any aches and then his hand was gently laid back into the water.

"Thank you" he mumbled.

If the warmth was helping aching limbs, and his hand was helping throbbing mind, then Theryn decided rather swiftly that he would prolong bath time for as long as Darien allowed. Water could be topped up when it began to cool down, after all. Theryn did not mind another journey down the steps and back again, not for his Petal.
His slow and dutiful tending to Darien's hair, and then the edges of his face, soon drifted to an end. Sooner than Theryn might have liked, but if he did not at least clean the rest then he'd never feel totally at ease stretching out these moments of relaxation.
Darien's words put a pause to any other plans he had, for now at least. Almost immediately a small smattering of vines crept up through the room, around the pillars holding up the lofty ceiling, and even across the lower end of the tub, soon sparking into existence those beautiful pink flowers he so adored, while also being interspersed with the purples he'd come to equate with Darien. Theryn was hardly even aware it was happening, most certainly it was a subconscious act, but the very soft fragrance they brought with did help to snap him out of his momentary stupor.
"You are precious to me also" he whispered solemnly, "I do not want to exist in a world without you by my side, Darien... I promise, I will bring future problems to you, not throw them your way, or leave tiny crumbs for you to pick through, we are... I... I would like if we were.. a unit." Those words were a little difficult to confess, not because he did not mean them but because he wasn't entirely sure if he was pushing too much, too quickly, especially after the days events. "So, I also would like to know when you are struggling, or when you have problems which need to be solved, please, Dari-Darling..."
That lingering kiss did not last long enough, but Theryn had work to do and so he would see it done. Down at Dari's side, he quietly took up his hand and set about cleaning and massaging. Silence lingered between them aside from the occasional sloshing of water should Dari shift at all. Even the humming had stopped, Theryn was deep in thought after all.
Before he settled the first hand back into the water, Theryn lightly pressed his lips to the back of it. Then he rose up, lifted the stool so it would not scrape noisily across the ground, and moved around to settle on the other side of the tub. Therein, he gently reached for Darien's other hand.
"You are more than welcome, Petal" he promised, "It makes me happy." And it did, it left his heart soaring and his mind more at peace than it had been since before his Trial. "You rest, my sweet, I've got you." Then he set about tending to the second hand, much in the way he had the first.

Darien did not want Theryn taking another taxing trudge to the well and back. He had not let himself dwell upon how the bath might have been filled, not for now anyway, though he had his suspicions but until Theryn told him of the event tomorrow he could still let himself hope that it had been a team of servants sharing the ordeal together so it was not so bad for any of them. So that Theryn had not had to struggle all the way up those steep stairs a hundred times or more.

That was far from his mind as Theryn dutifully stroked his hair and caressed his head. easing the tension that was making his head riot. When Theryn did ease his way to a conclusion on Darien's hair his head certainly felt better. It was far from perfect but at least it would not keep him awake and leave him tossing and turning in discomfort.

He heard Theryn's feet stop, instantly he missed their comforting patter and worried that he had spoken too boldly. Thinking nothing of the fact That Theryn had been just as bold. His mind began telling him that he had gone too far. He had no confidence to reassure him but thankfully he had Theryn. Theryn who seemed to have no such qualms about spilling his desire for a life with Darien. The sentiment was clear, the words like something from marriage vows and yet the word love was conspicuously absent perhaps because they had not known each other long. They hadn't put in the work but all the materials were there. Trust, respect and desire. Beyond the words he heard the subtle screeching of vines coiling around pillars "A Unit," He smiled "Yes Rin and Dari, One team" Darien had not had a team since Mysa. It seemed fitting that he have one with her twin now.

His only concern came with the second part. Theryn wanted to know when he faced difficulties and struggles. Darien was not good about opening up about those things "I will try" he offered timidly "I struggle with telling people I can't handle things ... " He exhaled "I'm struggling tonight" he admitted "I'm tired and my brain is still not over the worry I felt for you and us tonight, My body hurts ... this is helping though"

The pattering resumed its reassuring rhythm. Then his hand was lifted and silence took over. Theryn deep in thought Darien deep in rest. He was trying his hardest to let all his attention fixate on the relief Theryn was bringing. calming the skin of his palms where it had chaffed beneath his grip on reign and weapon. soothing knuckles that had been tensed for hours. each finger given its moment and then a kiss upon the back of his hand as it was released.

More soft pitter patters on the tile and his left hand was focused on. Cleaned, calmed and kissed.

"Thank you Rin" he hummed, a little spacier now that he was settling. It was nice to actually feel himself switching off for once. Quite without thinking he began to lift his right leg from the water. Resing his heel on the cool stone. He'd been on his feet for hours and they were as in need as his hands of a little looking after. Of course, if Theryn had another plan Darien would not complain it would take him a moment to realise in any event. he had told Theryn that he was in his hands and it was true but Theryn did seem eager to take very dutiful care of him.

Unaware of the fretful thoughts circulating through Darien's mind, Theryn used his own stunned silence to his advantage as he fully thought over and considered what had been said. They had not known each other long, and yet fate had thrown them together on more than one occasion and seen to it that a bond fast formed. The threat of death, and tender words and touches, did wonders toward that, it could either pull people together or thoroughly push them apart and Rin was grateful that their experience had led to the former.
He did not ever wish to relive that moment at the Sky Temple, where he sat in a circle of would be executioners and pleaded for his life, but knowing that it had led him here, to this place, and this man, did make the memories left behind tolerable. They had not spoken quite so openly before, but now that it was out there he felt as though a weight had lifted from his shoulders. The flowers spiraling around them dropped sweet petals down into the water, drifting like feathers on the breeze until they reached their wet landing, and as he finished with Darien's hair he watched their progress.
He found his word echoed back at him, and relief washed over him anew. "Darin" he teased, unable to keep the smile from pulling at his lips, "Or Therian, perhaps?" A soft frown played over his expression, before he shook his head. "Actually, I quite liked Mercurians... is that silly?"
Silly or not, it did not matter, not to Rin, he was just happy that they were being candid and sincere.
Darien's timidly uttered promise to try was met with a very small yet tender kiss to his temple, as Rin rose up and set about repositioning himself. "I know you will," he retorted softly, "I know that things can be difficult, Petal, and I am not asking for an overnight change, a miracle..." He of all people knew what it was to need time, to ease into things, after all. "Nothing you say will upset me, and you are never a bother, a bore, or a burden. I long to help you, Darien, it is all I have wanted to do since I first laid eyes on you. I can be your confidant, if you'll allow it, you can be safe with me. You can be, well, you."
Settled into his seat, he began the task of cleaning and easing the strain from Darien's hand. Hearing that small confession made his heart soar, and he nodded empathetically. "It has been a long day, Blossom... a long week." Gods, had it really only been a week? "Tonight you will rest, free from responsibility and stressors, and I will do all that I can to tend to your aches." His worries were another matter, of course, something Theryn still felt guilt toward. "The worry will pass, once the echoes of the threats are gone, and until then I will do all that I can to remind you that you are safe, we are safe."
They devolved into silence then, and soon he was on the other side of Darien, tending to his other hand. Each ended with a gentle kiss to the back of the hand, and when both were done he received undue thanks. "You are more than welcome" he assured the other man. It was, after all, the least he could do, though in the interest of keeping Darien worry free he did not say as much. There was no need for Theryn to make his own worries the center of Darien's thoughts, that would be a slippery slope for there was a great many things which needed tending to with the swollen Valkyri, bruises, cuts, aches and pains... None of these things were mentioned, no attention was given to them.

This was how Theryn wanted it to be.

Water sloshed as one foot was raised up from the water, and after looking toward it curiously Theryn felt a smile of relief gracing his lips. This was a good sign, it meant that Darien was finally beginning to relax, and more than that he was willing to have Rin further care for him. Without missing a beat he rose, lifting the stool to bring it with, and settled at the foot of the tub. His touch was gentle yet firm enough so as not to tickle poor Darien, as he set to work first scrubbing and then gently massaging his right foot.

"Thank you" the young Prince chirped, "For trusting me, and allowing me to do this for you." It meant a lot... More than he could rightly express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom