Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch out for that TREE! [Mandalorian - Ysalamir Hunt]

YsalamiriEGttF.jpg
Objective: Brief, Organize, & Equip Crews​
Participants: [member="Falcon Gyndar"] | [member="Werdla Dardalab"] | [member="Anija Ordo"] | [member="Anastasia Rade"] |​
OOC Note: Opposition is not looked for, but not ruled out, please PM me first. For Mandos: Two more spots are open, PM to join.
Above the gleaming surface of Myrkr floated a tengaalir class patrol ship which still smelled (interiorly) and gleamed like the brand new craft that it truly was. As with anything he owned, Ijaat had made substantial modifications to it and the engines, hyperdrive, and more. There was little really left stock to it, if he were honest he might have a problem just as severe as any death-stick addict, just a little less common and deadly.

Ijaat sat in the cargo hold of the ship, tarp covering a jumble of things next to him. For once he stood in simple armor, a lot of his toys and gadgets either forewent or left behind. Of course, he had his ever present beskad strapped to his left hip, hand riding gracefully on the pommel of the sword, and a massive power hammer mag clamped to his back, along with a jetpack, loaded with extra fuel. Beyond that though, he wore what the armor itself had integral to it and nothing else.

Tapping his foot a bit, he eyed the entrance to the bay and waited as patiently as he could. Words his father once said drifted through his mind, and he smiled. You can't order Mandalorians... You just make reasonable suggestions... His father had attributed it to some famous old Mandalore or the other, and Ijaat had begun to realize it was a phrase worth living by.

They were here on Myrkr after weeks of gathering the proper team, to harvest ysalamir in a good quantity. War with the One Sith loomed, or at the very least defensive action, and ysalamiri would be invaluable in that effort. So he had issued the call, rank or not, for any able body folks to form up in his island, and they went from there to here. Now, it was show time. Turning a bit and raising his head, he smiled with a warmth reflected in honey-gold eyes to the first to arrive, and waved them over.

Whether or not La could be considered part of 'a proper team' was up for debate, but she was one of the rare breed of Mandalorians that actually did take orders pretty well. Assuming you outranked her in her head. And since basically every other Mandalorian outranked her in her mental hierarchy... Someone had said go to Myrkyr, get some Ysilwhatsits, so here she was. Seemed like a good idea to her, La had some fairly strong feelings on the Force and how it was for cowards who couldn't fight a real fight. The idea of strapping a little lizard buddy to her back and laughing and laughing as the hut'uun realized there was jack all they could do to her and were about to get punched in the face had made her very, very cheerful indeed.

Of course one of the list of things she'd likely failed to think about was that thanks to her genetics on her mothers side, she herself was slightly, and also angrily!, force sensitive, which meant she was ringing a big 'ol dinner bell to any vornskr who happened to get near her. Even if she had known, La being La, likely would have shrugged it off, reckoning that between her 500 Riot Gun, old ACP Repeater and armour, she'd be fine. Of course she'd never been hunted by a pack of vornskr and in fact knew pretty much nothing about them, so.

Approaching [member="Ijaat Akun"]s ship, she walked up the ramp. It was open, that probably meant it was okay. Besides, this had been the meet point. She raised a hand in response to his wave and altered her course slightly to approach him.

"Su'cuy! Good day for tromping through a jungle!"

That was probably not sarcasm. La liked ridiculous survival situations. Nether knows why.

Anastasia had learned the hard way what ysalamir was during a war with the One Sith when she found that she couldn't show off her gifts due to the slugs strapped to the teams back. This had forced her to use the weapons and knowledge given to her by Azrael. She had been young, newly introduced to the galaxy and without armor.

Once again war with One Sith was inevitable as they grew stronger in numbers daily. Anastasia herself had also grown since her first war against the one Sith. She had not only made her set of armor but she had been both with and without the force. The Force she found useful but had always preferred her Mando toys and what her brother taught her.

Even though she had been working on her skills as a Jedi Ana still thought having a lizard buddy on her back was a good idea. She was more than capable without the Force but the Sith she doubted were as diverse as she in fighting skills.

As Ana approached the ship she watched [member="Werdla Dardalab"] boarded which doubly confirmed that Ana was in the right spot. After watching la disappear inside Ana began to walk up the ramp herself. "Su'cuy," she smiled and waved as she entered the ship.

[member="Falcon Gyndar"] | [member="Werdla Dardalab"] | [member="Anija Ordo"] | [member="Ijaat Akun"] |

Objective: Brief, Organize, & Equip Crews​
Participants: [member="Falcon Gyndar"] | [member="Werdla Dardalab"] | [member="Anastasia Rade"] |​
As Ijaat watched the others board his ship, he smiled faintly and gestured to one of the astromechs behind him. Oddly enough for such a curt man, there was more warmth in that gesture than there was in his general interactions with sentient creatures. If he had to be honest, the little creatures were growing on him. They were certainly a lot less complicated and self-serving than other species he had came across that were supposedly 'more advanced than simple droids'. There was even a note of his care for the little tubes on wheels, as he affectionately called them, in the form of a very fresh hand-done paint job and mando'a script designating and marking them out, almost like a military uniform.

"Welcome aboard you folks. We may be joined by a few others, but we'll go ahead and get started whilst my little friend there brings over some equipment. How many of you know what we're here for? I wasn't terribly specific in the wave I sent out."

Objective: Get some lizards or something

"I could probably use a briefing..."

La admitted sheepishly.

"I got the bit about getting the lizards, I did not get the bit about why it's hard and needs a squad of Mando's t'do it. I reckon there's gotta be something dangerous about it, and I probably ought to know it afore hand so I don't get any of my vode in trouble be being an utreekov."

This was a fairly accurate summary of her feelings. It seemed like anyone could run about and pluck lizards off trees. The fact that he'd wanted proper militant Mandalorians to come do it said there was likely more to it. Which if she'd been sent off on her own she'd happily muddle through, but La lived in fear of karking something up and getting one of her comrades hurt or killed. You probably got declared darmanda for that.

[member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Falcon Gyndar"]

Objective: Lizard Hunting!

"If I'm not mistaken, we are lizard hunting. I don't expect it to be easy." If it was easy every Dick, Tom and Harry would have one strapped to their back to keep them safe from the Force welding Sith. Ana used the Force sparingly at that but mostly relied on the toys she knew and liked. The one thing she found useful in all of the Force mumbojumbo was Force Healing. It saved lives and that made it worth something on the battle field when time was of the essence

Ana had no questions at the moment but perhaps one would pop up as she listened to the answers of others questions. She was more or less ready to get this show on the road though it wouldn't hurt to clear a few things up first. She knew what they were getting and why just not the middle stuff which could be winged, right? Unless he knew exactly what they were dealing with down there.

[member="Werdla Dardalab"] [member="Ijaat Akun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom