Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War waits for no man (Mandalorian Assault of Schesa)

"Nice." He said simply to [member="Catherine Romanov"] with a smirk. "That's good enough for me." As they prepared to push forward, [member="Anastasia Rade"] gave her next orders. "Yes ma'am." He said playfully. Just cause there was a battle on, didn't mean you couldn't have some fun. Once Catherine was ready, he did as ordered and moved out with her, confident Ana would be behind them giving them cover.

Actually what was confusing him more than anything at this particular moment was all the conflicting chatter over the comms with all the apparent other commanders. Open fire here, cease fire there, keep firing you bastards, no STFU AND STOP FIRING! What in gods name was going on with this army!? To many chiefs and not enough warriors it seemed to 'Ice'. "Good grief. I saw more organization in the Red Ravens." He thought VERY quietly to himself. After a while it seemed like a general cease fire was going into affect. "Ana, you catchin' all the chatter? Sounds like a general cease fire order is starting to take effect. We sure the other side got the memo? What do you want us to do?"

'Ice' seriously wondered if the mantis woman was serious that people here would listen to her just because she owned a business or two here. But in the end, it wasn't his call. He'd simply follow orders, what with not being used to how Mandos did things. Was there really a mando puking over what he saw on the ground? Mandos were allowed to do that? That wasn't against some rule? Seems he still had much to learn about his vod.

Regardless of what was happening on the surface of the planet, the situation in orbit was quite different. While most of the resistance fighters had surrendered to the might of the Mandalorian Navy, clusters of starfighters and other combat capable light craft were still attempting to cause problems for the Mandalorians. Up to and including attacking and threatening to attack those of their brethren that surrendered.

Naast'ika's point defense barked out of their own accord as the ship drifted through space. Any red target or hostile warhead that got within range and arc of a defensive turret was engaged by the automated droid processor that commanded each of the turrets. As for his primary weaponry, they were silent for the moment. The small starfighters that occasionally got within range of his weaponry were too small and fast for his primary weaponry to track appropriately, and the Chiss fighters had quickly learned to avoid getting close to the unidentified red and black corvette. And since the remaining combatants were proving to be faster and more maneuverable than the agile Corvette, Naast'ika was forced to convert to a more defensive role.

And so he sat, sulking slightly as he orbited around a cluster of civilian stations that had surrendered to the mandalorians. His job now was to protect these assets against the threats being made my the remaining Chiss resistance fighters.

(OOC at [member="Preliat Mantis"])
Preliat Mantis said:
"WE ARE WHAT WE FOUGHT TO DESTROY! WE HAVE BECOME THE AGGRESSORS! WE ARE NO BETTER THAN THE SITH!"

Preliat looked upwards, narrowing his eyes. He began to walk, walk towards the impact site of the lasers. It was quiet. No noise. Nothing. He stopped in the middle of the ash-covered street, debris spread all around him. He looked outwards, before his brown eyes flickered to the left, much to his dismay. They fixated on a speeder, covered in ash. It was overturned and there was a large gash in the side of the vehicle. He calmly stepped over, each step heavier than the first. He was afraid to look inside.

Two dead bodies. An older woman, and a young child. Trying to escape the fighting, caught up in the orbital bombardment. He fell down in horror, scooting on his back away from the site. Lifting his helmet up, he vomited. He pulled his helmet back down, speaking into the all comm channel. He was more distant, more quiet.

"Do you know what you just did? Do you know how many people you just killed? Do you know how many people you just killed- for nothing?"Preliat steeled himself, and stood up."I can't think of how many people just died- for nothing. Because you wanted them to."He began to walk back through the lines, unarmed, and uncaring of what remained of the fighting."You're a monster. You're an evil, vile creature. And I'm going to shoot you in the head next time I see you, you son of a queen."
In one thread you're calling for the total destruction of Coruscant, including all the TRILLIONS of civilians living on the planet, and in the next you're freaking out over a few calm, calculated military strikes on military targets in an active combat zone? Make up your mind man. You don't get to kill whole planets and not be a monster. You're a Mando. You do what must be done for the good of the clan. Sometimes civilians get caught in the crossfire, sometimes they are the crossfire. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it. You can always make more civilians.

When Arla arrived at the hangar to meet up with the four man team that would accompany here to the planet they were standing there instead of on the ship.

"What's up?" Arla stepped off to the side to begin putting on her new armor making sure to protect the talisman that Naimes had given her. A synthesized voice began, "There seems to be some confusion over what is going on Rally Master"

Arla turned as she finished putting on her armor, leaving her buy'ce off, her rifle she had not pulled from the locked armor, so that left her standing there with her hands on her hips.

"Confusion, how?"

"Hard to say right now, orders are slow in coming, we were bombarding the surface."

Arla scratched her head, "So we are on hold, is that what you are saying?"

"Yes Mam"

Arla leaned against the ship, "Interesting. So. What's new?"

The men turned their stance slightly different, "There's word the Field Marshal [member="Ordo"] is on board"

Arla didn't move, "What of it?"

"He's a traitor to his people, isn't he?"

Arla didn't smile, and didn't move either. "Aren't there courts, and things for such decisions?"

He gave a little nod, "He killed two of our own, do you deny that?"

Arla took a deep breath, "Um, I don't deny anything when it comes to my Buir. But I would think that anyone not privy to all the facts, should wait to make a judgement." Now she got up and walked towards him, "IF you have an issue with this, maybe you should find someone else to go to the surface with." She smiled now, sarcastic intent look which she didn't know how it translated through his buy'ce.

"I'd hate for you to have to serve with a member of Clan Ordo" Then she backed up, "And anyone else who feels like that, you should go to" She didn't have all the information, but she wouldn't make decisions without information. And anyone who would do that, would make other choices to that wouldn't further the intentions of the mandalorians.

The mouthy one didn't waste a moment he turned and left, the other three seemed to be thinking. Whether it was their conscience, circumstances, or just the wrong day they all turned and left.

This was fine, she could operate on her own. She turned in to communications to listen to see if she could go to the surface.

@All mandalorians

Objective: Boom
Allies: [member="Garrus Garon"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

Nolan awoke to the sound of the orbital orchestra playing Nolan's song of Boom. He dusted himself off and moved from the rubble. A huge shockwave scar was etched into the city. Compliments of Nolan Detta. He walked forwards from the crater, poeple were running every-which-way in fear as the Mandalorian fleet had started firing on the city.

"This is Wrecking Ball to Command, I'm up and ready for combat. Direct me to your nearest issue and I will resolve it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom