Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War is what happens when language fails (One Sith attack on Sullust, Open to all)

Star-Wars-Battlefront-Sullust-Art-1024x416-520x293.jpg
The Galactic Alliance
Sullust Base

Klaxons would continue to wail across Sullust Base, and all Kaile could do was watch dumbstuck for a moment. Would they really thinking of attacking them here? Now?! At the very least, Sullust had heavy defenses orbiting the planet, but that didn't mean a few wouldn't make it dirtside.

[ ALERT. ALERT. INCOMING TIE FIGHTERS. CAUTION. ALL PERSONNEL PLEASE BE ADVISED AND MOVE TO SECURE UNDERGROUND FACILITIES. ]

The whoosh of Alliance starfighter engines wailed over head, they would meet the TIE's head on. But what do I do?

Nibbling on her lower lip, she mulled over this. Voices were calling for her to enter the hanger, to come back inside.

But she had to so something right?

Zane charged through halls, directing troops as he passed, all the while doing his best to reach his room. Passing through the door, he drew on his leg bracers, feeling the familiar weight of the alkahest durasteel, Uller bone, and electronics, pulling down against his limbs. Next, came his crotch, then chest, lastly arms and gauntlets. Carrying his helmet, he moved back to the halls, ignoring the call for a brief moment, long enough to shout out, "Men! Meet at my location when the prep is through! Let's go!"

Ducking back into his room, he leapt from an opened window, activating his boot thrusters as he fell. Arcing through the skies, he shot like a rocket to land on the ground near Jacen. Just before he landed, Zane had slid his helmet into place with a hiss then snapping sound as the vacuum sealed.

"Sir! Men have been directed to this location. They will be here soon enough!"

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Nikola had never actually fought against the Sith. Sure, his Master had informed him of just what they were capable of, and he had read over what texts weren't inherently boring and watched a fair share of holovids, but nothing really managed to prepare you for the real deal. War was funny like that. You could prepare however much you wanted and go through all the training regimes in the known galaxy, but when you were actually faced with the enemy you always managed to be taken aback by this or that detail that had somehow gone overlooked. Nothing he had gone over had ever included that disclaimer. Thankfully the crowd he ran with was more than willing to remind him.

In the fraction of a second before the klaxons sounded he was on his feet, senses forcibly extending outwards as the warning rang through the Temple. The taint of the Dark Side immediately assailed him, bringing with it a sensation of nausea that he soon pushed past. How the Sith could live with it every day was beyond him. While he had only run a handful of drills for this scenario, he was still quick enough into his armor regardless, HUD lighting up before his eyes in a range of reports from every battlefront. It paid to be informed. With his lightsaber magnetically attached at his left side and blaster pistol on the other, he was ready. A rebreather had been included as well, despite the armor having its own air supply. Just in case.

And then he was out of his room and into the halls of the Temple, everyone on their own personal mission that would help to ensure the survival of all on the planet. They moved as a single entity with hundreds of separate agendas, and once again he was surprised at the efficiency with which the Alliance maneuvered. He reached the outside just as another group of Jedi did the same, disgust roiling within him at the sight of the bodies thudding off the outside of the dome. That was just another reason for them to fight, another reason the Sith were to fall. It was only a matter of time, now.

[member="Aela Talith"], [member="Jacen Voidstalker"], [member="Sage Bane"]

Objective: Take down the base, start with the shields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDl9ZMfj6aE

Nomkneer was going through the base like a snake slithering between the tall grass, taking opportunities of every unnoticeable dark spot and hiding place he could find while going through the giant place he got into. There were control boxes on every wall that connected to something specific inside the defensive base. The kaleesh went crawling through an air vent that was made to purify the contaminated air surrounding the current planet, after going to the left at a cross way inside the air vent, he found himself in a room full of monitors and chairs positioned in every monitor for vigilance in the base.

'So this could be the security room, i thought there would be fancier machines and a more strict vigilance'

He thought as he looked around inside the room, there were only eight people out of twenty five chairs currently placed to watch ten monitors each. It seemed strange as to why the shortage of men specially at a time like this when a war is starting and this being the main base, would be the main target to infiltrate. Nomkneer took his dagger and started floating it using telekinesis, as he started maintaining the flotation using his mind and the force he switched on his lightsabers and jumped out of the air vent to quickly push the dagger towards the back of the neck to whom it was pointed to. After the sudden jump with his two lightsabers he decapitated two, one went for the door and Nomkneer quickly launched his t'saber pointed forward using telekinesis to pierce the arm and hold it pinned to the wall, if he should move his arm is done.

After the kaleesh pierced the arm and locked him where he stands Nomkneer was preparing to move the t'saber towards the soldier to finish him off using telekinesis. He got rush attacked by three and he gripped his lightsaber with his two hands as he did a spin on the floor kicking with his left foot and using the left one to maintain the spiral form.

'three in one combo, now where was i'

His only thoughts were to finish off the little rat that wanted to escape the trap, Nomkneer would never let escape any of them. three were left to complete the assassination, Nomkneer went swift for the kill taking the opportunity given by the soldiers as they froze in fear and trembled like an earthquake. The room was now clean and all the soldiers were finished, the good thing is that no camera was put in the security room strange enough the kaleesh looked around once again to make sure there wasn't one. He locked the doors and started gazing at every monitor, searching for the barrier control room where the reactor was. Nomkneer saw it afte a few seconds and after that came the hard part, he started looking at all cameras and comparing the pathways to make up where to go to reach the place faster.

'So... i get out of this room, go left until i pass the bridge and... a right? No the camera is backwards, left, straight forward and the one, two, three, four, fifth room to the right is the barrier control room'

The kaleesh had a little difficulty making up the pathway through random positioned cameras but he was able to do so and thus he walked to the door and put his ear to the wall, using his mukhashi skill to hear the location of anything through the sound of crashing wind or aif, he heard five people walk towards the right, extreme luck for the kaleesh as they were headed the opposite way to the room he was going. He kept focusing his hearing and after the five soldiers left he opened the door with much caution and silence, walked out and using the telekinesis, bent the inside of the port that unlocks it to damage it so that it would be unable to breach to it through the door.

'Ok now!'

He thought as he started running as quick as possible to the control room and thanks to the monitors he knows exactly where he's going.

[member="Sage Bane"]

"Look, Pawnchee, I already told yuz. We're a mile out from the base, just take out a pair of binocs and check it for yourself."

Pauul Farrlo slid off his speeder bike and pulled out his weapon of choice. There you are, sweetheart. He cradled the DXR-6 Tenloss Disruptor in his arms and moved to the top of the rocky outcropping. He grimaced at the sharp, volcanic ground. No way would he be laying down on that stuff. He was getting paid to bump mooks off. He'd do it while comfortable.

Fortunately, the speeder bike had a sleeping bag rolled up on the back. Pauul took it out, unfurled the non-reflective material, and started to settle down.

"Fighting," bleated a low voice beside him.

The Rodian turned black, bulbous eyes toward the source of the voice. A three-eyed Gran stared back, tossing a thermal detonator from hand to hand while seated. "Don't worry about the fighting. That's why we came all the way out here. I know yuz want to slug it with a Jedi, but yuz gotta be reasonable about these things, Punchy."

Settling back down, Pauul stared through the scope of the disruptor sniper and scanned the battlefield. Sullust came in four wonderful shades: black, grey, red and blue. Dropships were still screaming in from the blue sky. A river of red lava cut across the ashen terrain. Pawnchee sighed. No viable targets yet, looked like. Well, he could wait.

He wasn't about to run down there and fight corridor through corridor. Leave that to the soldiers. 'Sides, contract killers got better checks.

Joy

J
Heart hammering, Abel sprinted through the corridor that led out into the hangar. In his haste, he missed all the real Jedi gearing up for war, with all their battle armor and double bladed lightsabers and what not. Abel, well, Abel just had one thing in mind.

"Miss Vera! Miss Vera!"

He sprinted into the hangar and paused to put his hands on his knees and pant. The hem of the grey cloak he wore brushed against the back of his ankles. He didn't know why he'd worn it. Even from this distance he could feel the heat radiating from the planet's surface. Not the most comfortable place for a padawan from the agricorps.

Earnest blue eyes glanced around until they found on the strawberry blonde. Abel, lungs a little worse for the wear, calves tingling, stumbled over to her.

"Master Voidstalker made me promise. Don't you leave her, he said."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

b83ca0816e6307d3336579c65767f530.gif

The Galactic Alliance
Sullust Base
[member="Abel"]

A familiar voice called at her, anxious but earnest in his delivery.

Surprise would flicker across her flushed face, the heat of the nearby calderas and Sullust's hot surface coloring it pink. "Wh-what are you doing here?" Before the question could even be answered, the whine and dip of Imperial TIE fighters zoomed overhead.

A volley of green bolts went streaking starting at twenty meters from the duo, and quickly closing in.

"RUN!" Kaile would shout, grabbing Abel's hand and rushing back towards the hanger. They needed to find cover -- FAST!

PEW, PEW, PEW!

Defensive turrets whined online, turning a hundred and eighty degrees to send red bolts up into the skies. The strafe of green would send sparks and debris flying, closing in.

There were alarms going off the planetary defended were under attack. Rekha stepped out of the structure looking around, she was busy setting up a second location of the bar. She had hoped to have it finished within the week, but not if they were under attack.

Rekha had to make a choice, ground battle or air. Grabbing her gear she headed to the armour to draw a rifle, she reached up around her neck she wore the taozin amulet which she had earned and nearly gotten killed for. The only issue that meant any force user on her side also couldn't sense her.

She needed now to get to a point where she could wait could see incoming but this was Sullust. She got moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqdMHUfRhW0​
Time: 1030hrs​
~
Poy woke up with a start as soon as the alarm sounded. Her squadron was being scrambled to intercept enemy spacecraft. She pulled on her flight suit over her undress uniform, zipped up her flying boots, grabbed her helmet and gloves and made the mad dash through the corridors and blaster doors to the hangar. After suriving a third horrific experience as a Prisoner Of War, and seeing the devastation the One Sith could do, she wanted to end it here and now. Climbing into the cockpit of her brand new T-85 X-Wing, she was strapped into her seat and then the cockpit lowered and locked into place. Starting the engines, the X-Wing moved out onto the runway and was held there by flying control.

A green light came from the control tower, and the Twi'lek saluted, before moving the throttles right up, and releasing the brakes; she moved down the runway and took off into the melee. There were messages coming from Galactic Alliance pilots all over the sky, so Poy locked onto the closest TIE Fighter with her targeting computer and armed a proton torpedo to send its way. "Weapon armed," she said over the comlink as the TIE Fighter came closer and closer. "Firing!!" she pushed down on the firing button as hard as she could and the torpedo streaked on its one-way trip towards the enemy craft. It impacted and the TIE Fighter exploded into a giant fireball as Poy flew through the debris field.

One down, so many more to go. She banked hard left and got on the tail of another TIE Fighter that was chasing an X-Wing. She opened fire at point-blank range with her fighter's four belly-mounted cannons and watched as the enemy craft spiralled out of control and smashed into the ground below. The X-Wing pilot gave her the thumbs up and turned back towards the raging aerial battle, so Poy followed suit and came upon a TIE/sa bomber craft, lining up on its attack run against the base. Poy slid in behind it and locked on at point-blank range with one of her proton torpedoes. The damn bombers were hard things to shoot down. "Firing!!" the torpedeo left its bay and headed for the bomber.

It exploded and Poy had no choice but to once again fly through a debris field. Looking at the scene below, she could see that the land forces were holding up and doing the best that they could. Once she had run out of targets up here, decided to have some fun on the ground...

“Your going to need her!”
“Miss Vaal, you’ve been given specific orders and I swear if you don’t follow them I’ll see to your removal from my command room myself.” Supreme Commander Nemo Ven said as he swept passed the young woman dressed as she was in her usual hauler clothing. The Mon Cal seemingly wanting nothing more to do with her. “Send a call out to the scouting fleets, I need them to high-tail it back to Sullust immediately.” Kira made a point not to move and stood there defiantly with her arms folded, forcing the Supreme Commander to walk around her. “You have your permission to get into the shelters as ordered. Someone get her out of my control room.”
Two guards approached Kira who merely squinted her eyes towards the Mon Cal, his resolution at ignoring her aggravating her beyond belief.
Perhaps Starchaser was right.
“Sir, we have distress signals.” An aide said with alarm. “Civilian craft, I can’t…”
“Isolate them boy.” Nemo Ven shouted as he moved towards the console. “I want eyes and ears on…oh by the Force no.”
The entire room seemed to pause as Nemo stared at the console.
“I need a group headed to those craft. Immediately.” He declared.
“We haven’t got anybody in range sir.”
“ITS THE DAMN CHIEF OF STATE! I NEED CRAFT THERE NOW!” Ven seemed to loose himself slightly.
“I’ll go.” Kira spoke up, her words lost in the chaos of the command room. “I’ll go!”
“What?” Ven turned to her.
“She’s the fastest ship in the fleet Commander.” Kira almost had to hide the smirk on her face.
Nemo Ven considered it, turned away, considered it some more before looking straight at her. “Okay, get out there. Get them back.” Kira smiled and went to move from the control room. “I’ll send some crew to help.”

—— —— ——

The Millennium Falcon erupted out of the underground hanger in a roar of sub-light engines. The craft, a ship of legend and myth piloted by the young Kira Vaal as it removed itself from the enclosed rock of Sullust at break neck speed before entering the busy skies over the Alliance hidden bases.
“Busier then I thought.” Kira said as she pulled the Falcon level with the terrain and dropped her down lower to the ground, the profile she projected would mean less chance of detection as they headed towards the Chief of States convoy that was apparently in trouble.
“Damn Sith, always coming where there not wanted.” The man in her co-pilots chair stated, Jue Xiel, one of Ven’s pilots who had been sent down to help. He was part of a crew of six that had jumped into join Kira on the Falcon, two were sat in the gun wells, Jue in the co-pilots seat with two others handing communications and navigation behind them. “You sure this piece of junk will get there in time?”
Kira stared at him, “Oh she’ll get there all right.” The Falcon shuddered as Kira hit a switch, the SLAM initiating through the increased fuel outlet and re-routing the power to the engines. The YT increased in speed again as she passed between two large rock pillars. “She’ll get there.”

Louise

here for your dad
Equipment: Lightsaber Pike, Toofless the Nexu, Maleah's Boots, Plain Hunters Garb
Allies: [member="Vexen"]
Enemies: [member="Elijah Rekali"] (Somewhere, out there)

Not at all familiar with her surroundings, Maleah had no choice but to simply creep along the corridors of the Jedi Temple. She didn't know who she would find, or if they'd be friendly or not...or even if who she found knew that she was friendly...or not. She was, after all, the lesser-spotted Talith.

Toofless prowled alongside her, looking less than in his prime in his older age. Aela was right, he was looking pretty chunky, a side-effect of getting spoiled by their parents back home. It didn't falter the young woman's confidence in her companion however, his extra bulk didn't dull his teeth or his claws after all.

He paused, sniffing at the air Maleah's steps halting along side his. The twin opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by another voice, which admittedly startled her.

“Wah!”

Thankfully, the voice belonged to somebody friendly, if not very very sneaky.

“I didn't...even see you!” Maleah exclaimed, heart racing and internal jealousy noting that she wished to be that stealthy, “Wait, h-healthy? Him?” The young explorer turned to Toofless, who in-turn looked back to her with all four beady eyes. “I mean, he's old and he farts a ton if you give him dairy but he's healthy.”

However, there were matters slightly more pressing than a farting nexu.

“What's happening? Are we supposed to gather somewhere? Or evacuate? Or fight? I'm kinda lost.”

[member="Maleah Talith"]

“Dunno,” she replied. “Maybe we’re supposed t’go to the surface? I know where we are. I was trying to find Micah. He always knows,” she stated, as much to reassure herself as to explain to the girl with the monstrous creature beside her.

“I was trying to follow his scent, but it got lost 'cos of your gassy pet," she remarked with the Defel equivalent of a smirk. "I hope we don’t have to fight,” she added quietly. There were all sorts running around the base, including Jedi who towered over her as they strode past with their heads held high. What exactly was she going to do if they were under attack? Fight or hide? When Micah had been in danger she'd summoned the courage to fight before. Perhaps she would have no choice today. A cold little well of fear deep in her gut started to expand.

Vexen didn’t really know much about her species. Very little information on the Defel Wraiths was still publicly available and she’d never met another of her kind. Occasionally there were vague shapes in her dreams that looked and smelled familiar, but her earliest memories were of being all alone on the Ithorian herdship she’d been abandoned on.

Defel Wraiths had evolved to survive in deep underground tunnels. They had a particular ability to map out three dimensional cave systems in their minds, and this had been put into practise in the ventilation shafts and tunnels that lay beneath the Ithorian gardens she’d grown up in. Even though she didn’t spend much time on Sullust, she knew exactly where they were and how to get to any other location she’d already visited.

Her bright eyes were well hidden by the goggles that Micah had fashioned for her. But her silhouette would be visible turning from the girl to the nexu and back again. Her head cocked to the side and one ear perked up. Golden eyes. Great big feline beast.

“Maleah?” she offered tentatively.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Good. Finally he got some orders. An uncharacteristic grin crept across the face of the hybrid. Uncharacteristic with it being a grin, however slight, but the darkness in his eyes, and expression, as the muscles of his cheeks pulled back to reveal white teeth and a predatory set to his jaw, that was characteristic of Lucas Gravois. He was not a military man, but surely he could demolish the only person who had successfully, through whatever means, dominated a galaxy and a group of people who would cater to her every whim, no matter how asinine.

He had seen reports, he knew who this was. The ranga with the rack. Aside from the curves, a very flat figure for the galaxy, according to Lucas. Feminine wiles and legs that probably opened often did make the galaxy go ‘round, apparently. What also made it go round were the dead. Their screams a welcoming sound, but the cessation of screams the welcome relief of his arrival.

Turning the assault cruiser and corvettes, Lucas nodded. “Burn it all.” He stated, as he left the bridge, on his way to the hangar of this vessel. Ships, and space naval conflicts bore the hybrid. Until he could rip the throat from people, he was never truly at a comfortable place.

The hangar was bustling, Sith fighters were preparing as well as half a dozen shuttles. The ship was going to launch to the station and from their the ground teams would destroy it. The briefing was short, they were going to lose people. A lot of people. But for the Acolyte to get on board the station, the Sith were willing to die. Willing to throw their bodies to the glory of the Sith cause, and the destruction of the disastrous Galactic Alliance.

To destroy that which caused undo chaos and garbage people to the galaxy. One soldier looked to Lucas and stood aside, allowing the hybrid to board a craft, without a word.

‘bout damned time.

Allies: [member="Abel"] / [member="Kaileann Vera"]
Enemies: One Sith

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFFgbc5Vcbw[/youtube]​
Just another normal day on the toxic world of Sullust...

Just kidding

Alarms began to ring through the corridors of the base, the ground shook, and the skies screamed with the iconic Twin Ion Engine starfighters the Empire loved so much. A chill crawled up Andanian's spine. They found me? Or...they found us?

One way or another, he wasn't going to let them take this base. Even if the atmosphere of Sullust was disgusting and he hated looking out the window, the Alliance had proven they didn't care if he was wanted by the Empire. He quickly climbed off of his bed he had been resting on, tossed his clothes on, holstered his revolver, and slung his scattergun onto his shoulder before heading out into the hallway, where some guerilla soldiers already seemed to be moving along. He followed them, pulling on his bandana and goggles before heading outside to find TIE Fighters blasting the surface, something he was no stranger to seeing. He remembered chatting with some Pilot Cadets at Imperial Academy, and how that was one tactic they always had trouble practicing was flying as a wing together and flying directly down at the ground while firing. He never thought he'd be on the receiving end, and he really wish he wasn't.

He looked around for any ground forces. Luckily, he didn't see any, as white-clad stormtroopers would stick out on the surface of Sullust like sore thumbs. He loading a few extra shells into his scattergun and held it close, starting to run around frantically searching for a way to help out. Suddenly, he saw a familiar face in the crowd. What a time to see her again!

"I'll be damned. Kaile!" he shouted from under his bandana, sprinting over to her and her other friend just before another bombardment of TIEs started blasting the already damaged surface around them.

"Time to move! To the hangar! GO!"

Sage Bane was disgusted by the One Sith. The Wrath seemed to have gone stark raving mad, and was on Selvaris doing the Maker knew what. The rest of the Sith seemed to be content to sit back and let others do the heavy lifting while they languished in their palaces somewhere. Perhaps they deserved to be put out of their misery by the likes of the Galactic Alliance. They were asleep at the throttle.

Sage was wide awake.

TIE fighters screeched through the air, followed closely by navy and silver X-wings of the GADF. Who brought the ties, you might ask? They weren’t part of Sage’s fleet, which released Interceptors and Sith Fighters into the black of space.

The ties signaled the return of the Final Order, the dark side cult that was all but wiped out by the Galactic Alliance when they first formed on Sullust. Sage coordinated this strike with the remaining leaders of the Final Order who were all too eager to enact revenge for their fallen comrades.

“Take out temple’s shield arrays,” Sage barked over his commlink to the leader of the Final Order ties, an ace pilot with the call sign “Anathema.”

“Copy that, Lord Bane,” was her clipped response. The ties screamed overhead letting loose a barrage of lasers, aimed directly for the shield arrays. A few more of these runs and the temple would be a sitting nuna.

Then Sage himself could slither in like a snake on the hunt.

In the meantime, the Sith Lord palmed his focus, the Hated Hand, as he gathered the dark side of the Force around him like a shroud. Holding the wooden artifact in his pale, thin hands, Sage began to recite the ancient incantations that would harness infernal Sith magic, weaving vivid illusions, both physical and psychological. As his lips moved almost inhumanly fast, his hand cracked each finger forward. With the sound of bones breaking, the fingers would be pushed into a fist. The alchemy released by the act, bolstered the power of Sage’s illusions. Those without all but the strongest mental defenses would be helpless in their thrall, and unable to dispel them unless through strong light sided attacks or by interrupting their creator’s concentration.
TndAGoX.png
The images poured forth from him, aiming to affect Alliance soldiers all over the battlefield outside of the Sullust temple, altering their perceptions of the world around them. Sage's own soldiers would not be affected and continued to clash in sporadic firefights outside and around the Temple. A diorama of macabre, honed to precision by studying under the Empress of Coruscant, [member="Matsu Xiangu"], would unfold around the GADF soldiers. who would presumably be plagued by visions of soldiers in tattered Galactic Alliance uniforms, their bodies blackened and charred with burns and carbon scoring. The ones who weren’t burned beyond recognition, were covered in necrotic tissue that was sloughed from their skin as they ambled along. Fields of the creatures would approach the temple, a horde of illusionary undead, gibbering and screaming. Along with the visions, fear and paranoia would be poured into the minds of those that accepted these visions, a tapestry of dark and despondent emotions, urging the forces to flee from the fields, or risk going mad.

There's alot to respond to, so just give me a shout if I miss anything or you have any questions about my post. I'm just here for the story, so feel free to kill and maim as many of my NPCs as you like. Tag me if you want to dance directly with Sage.

[member="Lucas Gravois"] [member="Pauul Farrlo"] [member="Catalys Maijora"] [member="Nomkneer"] [member="Elijah Rekali"]

[member="Sage Bane"]

Enough of this.

Aela had felt the prickling at the back of her mind, the push and press of the darkside. She had felt the odd painted brush scrape against her thoughts. Yet the lightsaber she held in hand, the clip within her hair, and the bracers upon her wrist seemed to fight against the effects of whatever her soldiers were now feeling. The lightside radiated from her, the objects that had been forged for her by her brother and the crystal within her lightsaber keeping her safe from this illusion. Her teeth gently sunk into her lower lip, her eyes settling forward as she slowly closed them. She reached out with the force, pulling past the wave of black and grasping at what she could.

The young Marshall tore her way through the darkness, bashing through the wave of black that had settled on Sullust. She was not a sensory Jedi, she was not able to feel the presence of others or search them out, but she was not looking for a person. She searched for an origin of the wake. The starting point of the waves that had now come crashing down. Her heart sped up, her pupils grew beneath her eyelids, and suddenly she found what she was looking for.

A black heart.

Eyes snapped open, twin suns burning as her lips thinned to a pasty white. Her hand on her lightsaber tightened, her grip becoming steel. Knuckles whitened, and then Aela broke forward with a burst of speed. She ignored Alliance and Sith troopers alike, bursting past them with quick, liquid movements.

It was time to end this.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Allies: N/A
Enemies: [member="Vexen"] | [member="Maleah Talith"] (Somewhere, out there)

"Ten seconds. Nine, eight..." the voice trailed away as Elijah's attention shifted from listening to paying attention to his HUD. It had a close-range life proximity scanner and currently it was filling the edge of his screen with little blips - the ones that had a 'friendly' IFF were flagged with green, the unknowns were red.

There were a lot more reds out there than greens as far as he could see, and that concerned him just a little bit.

Didn't seem like the Sith had launched this attack with all their strength... which seemed strange for an attack on a gorram capital, but what did Elijah know? He was just a Mandalorian, a bounty hunter and currently a freelancing operative for the Sith forces. All those thoughts and worries washed away as the transport came crashing through the flak field, dodged laser fire and finally landed a few clicks away from the Jedi Temple itself.

There was no time for second-guessing this. He had a job to do.

Clenching his teeth he waited for the ramp to disengage, and then the Mando exited the transport with Sith troopers following him close-by.

Objective: Disable base shields and artillery
Allies: [member="Sage Bane"]

Nomkneer was dashing through the pathways and it was almost inevitable to encounter atleast one enemy, everywhere you looked there would be soldiers and scientists walking through the hallways and still unknown to the fact that the kaleesh is lurking through their grounds. As he ran he took the left and kept going straight towards the bridge, he was unseen as he made almost no sound and when he reached the bridge two soldiers were guarding the energy source of this part of the base. Nomkneer used telekinesis to force push both of them towards him and as they were mid air he jumped forward while taking out both his lightsabers to stab them and push them down the bridge.

The kaleesh sliced the lower base of the energy source and it fell down causing a small explosion deep beneath its grounds, flame came up and Nomkneer used the force on his legs to dash forward with higher speed giving him the boost to run faster. After he left the bridge he arrived at the left base where the shield controls were located so even if the energy was taken out from the right part of the base the shields were still up by the left as it was one entire covering everything.

Two soldiers were handling the controls and with one silent move he took them by the neck and crushed both their necks with his bare hands, squeezing tighter every second until the tendons would collapse and the neck would break. One x cross slash is all it took to take down the barriers, he instantly went for his communicator to make contact with the nearest signal he could reach so that he could send commands to destroy the base. After setting random signals he unknowingly made contact with [member="Sage Bane"].

"I dont know if you can hear me but this is Nomkneer, acolyte of Darth Erebos. I have taken down the shields of the base, in a matter of minutes the shield should be completely dissolved. All i ask is those minutes to escape before you launch the strike to destroy it for good."

After Nomkneer said it he ran towards the exit, he found a random soldier along the path and used telekinesis to force pull him.

"Where is the emergency exit of this part of the base?"
"I wont tell you!"

Nomkneer got enraged and took his nose, ripped it from his face and showed it before his eyes as he through it to the ground and squished it with his boot. The soldier screamed with intense pain as it was ripped off.

"Now tell me where is it!"
" To the left and then take a right and your out! Please just leave me alone!"

Nomkneer threw him against the wall and started running towards his indications, he took the left and then after a little run he took the right path way. The path way was larger than the rest and the door too, he looked and saw that he was finally out. Dashing he went to escape the explosion that would come to him if he would dare stay a minute more. Nomkneer took his communicator and spoke to the same signal from before.

"Im out! You can destroy it!"

He ran to the nearest forest and layed there amongst the trees waiting for the inevitable destruction to come upon the base. Right guns were disabled, everything was layed in a silver platter for the One Sith.

Veino turned aside from the gear locker, his armor now fully donned with the amulet laying beneath it. Klaxons and orders continued to be broadcast through the base as soldiers and Jedi moved to their duty stations, securing checkpoints and activating defenses. He sensed something threat moving within the base itself and he frowned, slinging an Bloodstripe hand-cannon over his shoulder along with a pouch of slugs and after another few moments of consideration, some Baforr pollen, anti-blaster, and the low-yield concussion shells. Another moment and he tossed in some buckshot before loading the cannon with a concussion shell, Baforr shell, and buckshot, just to be on the safe side. His lightsaber was clipped to his belt

Then he strode form his quarters, slipping between the crowds, trying to locate the threat inside the base. Then another alarm sounded.

"Shields disabled! Emergency power activating in thirty seconds. Brace for surface bombardment."

Veino scowled inside his helmet and darted to the side of one of the corridors, counting down the seconds in his head. Then he felt it. A wave of darkness covering the battlefield, loaded with dread and fear. Veino stumbled for a moment, caught by surprise, but took a deep breath and pushed aside the fear and settled himself deep in the Force, letting the warmth flow through and still his mind. He built up the mental wall around his mind, strengthening and reinforcing it, letting the amulet do its work, as well as the attunement in his armor. The fear still lurked, but the Force was his ally and the Light drove back fear.

The others around him were not so lucky, unfortunately. They needed the Dreadguard here as soon as quickly. The garrison should be preparing to deploy by this point. Veino reached out with the Force to those around him and nudged them with the Force, sending them his own confidence and tranquility. They stood and resumed their duty, tense and scared, but not crippled. He lacked the strength for that on a grand scale, however. In this situation then, the only option was to tackle this at the source.

Explosions rumbled through the ceiling above as battles raged along the planet's surface. He hurried for an exit, ignoring the fact that an orbital strike would undoubtedly be inbound shortly. The lift shot him upwards to a ground hangar, with speeders laying about. Veino ran for one and jumped aboard, activating the engines and sending it shooting it out of the hidden exit, arcing across the wasteland while his armor filtered out the atmosphere.

Lasers and explosions dotted the already murky and tempest-like atmosphere, rocking the speeder back and forth. He most certainly did not envy pilots on CAS. Roth would undoubtedly be involved soon enough.

Veino reached out with the Force, searching for the heart of this darkness that rolled across the volcanic world. There it was. He didn't recognize the presence, but there weren't that many Sith capable of such power. It had be a Hand or a Voice. He tried to recall which of them were still active and involved, but wasn't entirely sure. So he would, for all intents and purposes, be going in blind. Just like old times then. Throttle pushed full forward, the speeder screamed through the atmosphere, pushing to the very top of its maximum limit, which was for under ideal conditions, not this volcanic nightmare. The ground and armies clashing around him fled by in a blur, Alliance soldiers firing almost at what seemed at random, which Veino guessed was the presence of something else pushing at his mind. Probably some sort of an illusion.

He could feel the malevolence, decrepit and decaying, not far away and he brought the speeder down to a landing, stepping over the side and stepping onto the ash-coated ground, dust rising up from his booted steps. A sense of light was also approaching from the direction of the temple and Veino stretched out to it with his mind, letting it know of his presence. He brought the hand-cannon up to his shoulder and prowled forward, scanning the murky area for whomever was causing this nightmare.

[member="Aela Talith"] [member="Sage Bane"]

Alana Sunrider

A
Arceneau Trade Station
[member="Lucas Gravois"]

Onna paced more frantically now, watching the battle unfold in the distance, twirling a strand of hair around her finger until freezing. Was she seeing what she thought she was seeing? She raised up her macro-binoculars and zoomed in as much as she could. Not that it made much of a distance on a scale as large as this, but it did seem that several of the dots were turning to approach the station. Her faced paled and she dropped to sit on the edge of her boarding ramp, heart racing.

She was going to be in an actual battle. Not a fight or a brawl or a hunt. A battle. With soldiers and armies and Sith. She shuddered and huddled into herself, trying to hide from the encroaching destiny. More alarms blared and guards hurried back and forth, trying to establish some sort of perimeter. They gave her a sympathetic look but went about their business without a word.

Maybe she should go hide in the shelters and wait for all of this to be over, for one way or another. She half-stood and then stopped, horrified at the thought. Onna Sunrider, hide from a battle that put people in danger? Something came to life inside her. Something bright and golden and above all, determined. Onna reached up and tied her hair back and put on her helmet. Hardly anything military grade, since she had put it together herself.

Her hand grabbed the hilt of her sword and the other the grip of her blaster pistol as an unexpected sense of calm flooded over her. She strode to the makeshift perimeter and took her spot next to one of the guards. They studied her for a moment but then gave her a grudging nod. Everything seemed sharper her now and she was more aware of those around her. It was odd, but not unpleasant.

The storm would break but she would stand here, immovable as a black hole and as radiant as a supernova. The Sith would not harm the people behind her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom