Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply War Doc | Jedi Praxeum, Sellia II

MOSHED-2023-6-30-10-20-20.jpg

War Doc
Sellia II, Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Open

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

The Sellian Jedi Praxeum had been converted into a hospital overnight. Following the attack on Ryloth by the Enclave, refugees spilled into it's halls and made the little academy far more hectic. It was this chaos that dragged Jalen in. His older brother was no doubt out there doing what he could to deliver aid, but he most certainly wasn't Jasper. Jalen was quiet, he liked to observe from a distance, he didn't much care for combat, and he was nowhere close to as strong.

Physically, anyways.

Jalen held a unique power, however, a mastery over his own energy that healers trained for years to master. He didn't want to sit on the sidelines and watch anymore. The boy wanted to mend, to put back together what this war was sure to tear appart. He wasn't a Jedi Healer, not anymore. Jalen was a War Doctor now. What that entailed, the young Jedi wasn't sure, but he was prepared for whatever that was going to be. Or, at the very least, he hoped he was. So the young man got to work, diligently tending to the wounded that had come in from the battle. One would think that being blind had it's perks. Surely he would be spared from the grizzely sight of the various injuries of the present soldiers and refugees. This, however, was rather far from the truth.

He felt everything. Jalen's world was made of auras, emotions and solid objects given presence in the force, like ripples on the surface of a pool. Every fractured bown, torn ligiment, and sizzling plasma burn set off fireworks in the receptors that proceeved these auras within his mind. It was like walking through a mine field. But Jalen didn't flinch, or grow weary for that matter. He continued on, treating injuries with a smile. After all...

Jalen knew what these people were going through. The last sight his eyes would forever remember was theirs.

It was only a matter of time before he came face to face with these horrors once again. Jalen was going to be ready this time. He had to be.

The horrors of war still plagued the galaxy in its endless cycle of destruction. A cycle Cord thought she was free from after the battle of Exegol with the fall of the Maw. Here she was being pulled to a hospital by some refugees from a war-torn world. They carried her in with her arms draped over their shoulders. As soon as they stepped off the transport her dark soul forever tainted by the sins of her past would alert any force sensitive for miles. Not to mention the sith armor she wore and the sith swords that hung at her side. Then there was the sith mask on her face silver and amethyst with gold writing etched upon the face in ancient sith language that was a list of her the sins she had committed. She also wore a long tattered green coat with a hood.

Her armor had a large wound gash in the abdomen where she was wounded. Cord herself was half in and out of consciousness. Draped over the refugees' shoulders she was pulled into the hospital as they bursedt through the door, the Refugees looked frantically for a nurse or doctor. Screaming out "This woman needs help!" A few nurses ran to her along with some medics gathering a stretcher and other medical equipment.

Cord's head lifted slightly as she looked at the medical people rushing to her. Her eyes glowed an unusual orange color out from the eye slights of her mask, causing the medical staff to step back a few feet at first. The refugees scrambled seeing the staff look nervous and spoke up. "She aided us, she helped us escape the onslaught at risk to her own life. Help her!" Cord's head turned slightly to the main refugee who spoke up at her right side.

"It's alright, leave me go be with your families." Her voice was raspy like she had not spoken much in a very long time. "I…I will be fine." With that Cord attempted to stand on her own and walk but fell promptly on the ground as soon as she took one step away from the refugees.

Last edited:

Sellia II, Jedi Praxeum
Tags: Cord Starfall Cord Starfall

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"It's alright, leave me go be with your families." Her voice was raspy like she had spoken much in a very long time. "I…I will be fine."

Jalen was present as soon as the woman hit the ground. Her pain rippled through the force, the gash in her gut. Torn fibers of skin and thrashed muscle tendands splayed by some form of weapon. It was grizly, yet here she was insisting that she would be just fine. He couldn't help but sigh, crossing his arms as he faced his eyes in the general direction of the woman.

"You won't," Jalen remarked. "but I think you already know that..."

The young man wasted very little time moving over to the woman's side, hoisting her up. His movements were calculated, flowy, quite ulike the movement of those with sight.

"Thank you, but I'll take it from here," the Jedi told the other refugees. "She will be taken care of. Return to your families."

And with that he'd begin walking the woman towards a medical bed.

"You're going to need to lose the weird armor, at least around the wound," Jalen informed her. "Treating your injury with it present will have an adverse effect on the process. I fear it will do more harm than good. The alternative is bleeding out, so my hope is for some cooperation here. Stubbornness only gets good folk killed for no reason. Any questions?"

He didn't want to waste much time. The longer they waited, the more blood the woman lost. Jalen was tired of reporting deaths. There had already been too many of those today.

Cord felt herself being picked up and helped to a bed, she heard the somewhat muffled tones of someone talking to her as the pain spasmed through her body. She heard him tell her she needed to lose the armor as she reached the medical bed. Gingerly she first removed the long green coat, letting it fall behind her on the bed as she grimaced in pain as movement hurt immensely. She struggled as she lifted her arms up to her Sith mask and pressed the two release triggers on each side and with a hiss the helmet and mask were lifted off her head.

Long red hair with streaks of washing out brunette hair dye fell onto her shoulders and in front of her face covering her eyes for a moment before she let out a grunt to blow the strands away. Her orange eyes peered at the kid into his eyes, she stared at them for a moment. She could tell he was blind on top of the fact he seemed very young. Then she pulled a dagger from her coat lying behind her, that was when she noticed other medical staff and security looking at her, the security reaching for their weapons about ready to train them on her with the dagger in her hands.

She moved the dagger cautiously to her side and cut the inner straps of her armor so it would fall loose then dropped the dagger to her side. "Uh…you're too young and blind to be a doctor? Force healer I'm guessing?" She grunted out in her raspy voice. "I have had worse happen to me…" Her thoughts hearken back for a moment to a time where Muad Dib Muad Dib and D DresdinAstil blew up a courthouse she was in. The months of recovery from those burns and injuries of which she no longer had scars even to prove the full extent of the damage she had put her body through in the past. There were so many other times she felt the sting of death and still no scars remained except those on her mind and soul.

"If you're a force healer then you can sense it..." She grimaced as she was referring to the darkness on her aura. The monster inside that itched and scratched to get out at every turn. Something Cord fought her whole life to keep caged up inside her. "...It isn't about being stubborn, I know what people see when they look at me or sense me. I don't blame them, I have learned to accept it."

Tag: Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

Last edited:

Sellia II, Jedi Praxeum

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"Hey," Jalen snapped, turning his face back to the security staff of the Praxeum. "Put those stupid things away. I won't have you picking fights with my patients."

What a mess. She brushed off the wound like it was nothing, but the severity wasn't lessening at all. Jalen wasted no time grabbing a stim shot, injecting it into the woman's side before beginning to clean the wound. He most certainly couldn't heal it if there was a foreign pathogen within. Even a fragment of dirt could spell disaster.

"I'm not too blind to be a doctor," he corrected, perhaps a little harshly. He didn't like being thought less of because of his blindness. "I'm a GA certified field medic, and I'm planning on studying for a doctorate. I find that sight can tend to be a rather decieving thing."

"...It isn't about being stubborn, I know what people see when they look at me or sense me. I don't blame them, I have learned to accept it."

Jalen frowned, tilting his head as he worked. He did sense it, but it hardly mattered. The young man was no therapist. He wasn't exactly prepared to give life advice, especially not to someone older than himself.

"I wasn't referring to that," the padawan shrugged. "That's your own business. I was referring to your eagerness to get left out in that hallway. I don't exactly have the time to psycoanalyze everyone that winds up on my table, so lets not read between the lines too much."

He injected another stim, then immediately got to work with the force. Jalen would raise his hand up to the wound, letting energy spill into it. The padawan began to maticulously mend the torn tissue and muscle fibers, as though weaving a torn blanket back together. The wound was deep. He was going to be here a while.

"Maybe I do have some time," Jalen sighed. "The wound goes down further than I expected. How did you even get it?"

"Ambitious…..eeeuhhh!" Her teeth clinched and she grimaced as he stuck the stim shot in her side. She was referring to his desire to become a doctor despite his disability. His harshness just brushed off her as she realized her line of question was a bit offensive and presumptuous. She had known a few Miraluka doctors in her day. "Galactic Alliance, so I am in their territory?" She asked, not exactly knowing where she was other than a hospital on a random world.

She let out a little painful laugh at his comment about the dark scars on her aura not being any of his concern. She kind of appreciated that just down to the business of healing the wounds, those of the mind could wait until the wound was treated. She could also feel the bustle around the hospital so she knew it was busy and most shouldn't have time to let into their biases.

"Eeeeuhugh!" Another grunt left her lungs as he injected another stim in her, though the stims were helping to relieve the pain along with her methods for controlling it herself. "I'm a bit out of practice, I was just at the cantina minding my own business." Not mentioning she was trying to drink herself into oblivion and that was probably why she was bleeding a lot.

"Some Mir'osik Mando'ad's barged in wanting a fight." She guessed there must have been something going on, on the world but she really didn't know for sure as she hadn't really kept up on current events since she found herself back in the land of the living. Her mando'a was a bit rough and let out some of her real sith accent when she spoke it. "I try to stay out of things, but the old jedi in me doesn't like when the little guy gets pushed around by bullies. Bucket head or not."

Her thoughts drifted again to a very long time ago when she was a fresh eyed padawan. Having ran from the sith life she had grown up in not wanting to be the monster they made her anymore. Finding Maize Wayne Maize Wayne her first Jedi master a man trying to escape the same past and cruelties. So long ago and the thought of Maize and how he fell back to the darkside eventually almost brought a tear to her eye. Though there was still Spark Vallen Spark Vallen who took up his reigns and trained her to be investigator which later led her to becoming a shadow. She shook away the thoughts, to painful especially with how it all ended. "Anyway… I got involved and let the patrons flee the bar as I took on the bucket heads. One of them caught me with their beskad, haven't trained in a while to slow. Must of figured I was dead or dying, so started pillaging the bar. Next thing I knew I was on a transport here where ever here is?."

Tag: Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

Last edited:

Sellia II, Jedi Praxeum

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"You're on Sellia II," Jalen explained. "Moon of Ord Providence, Rocantor sector, just off the Rimma. We're at a Jedi Praxeum. It was for pilot training, but it's become an emergency medical facility after Ryloth..."

Jalen spoke with a hint of distaste. He didn't much care for the war, not when innocent lives were getting caught up in the Mandalorian's quest to regain whatever 'honor' they assumed this would bring. The padawan reflected on what the woman had said about being a Jedi once long ago and all of that. He didn't really know what to say to it all, given that he wasn't much of a social individual. There was no level of being capable to make sense of whatever life choices she had made.

It certainly felt complicated based on her rapid swings in mood.

"Well, you saved lives," he noted, "So you did part of it right, though I most certainly hope you weren't intoxicated whenever this occured."

He sighed again, more out of exhaustion. Jalen was doing that a lot recently. The padawan had pleanty of energy to give, but it ate away at him. Saving lives took work, and he had committed himself to the long haul. He'd get some sleep when the day was over. That would help.

"Can't save lives if you're dead though," the healer remarked. "If you wanna keep playing hero I suggest you un-rust yourself or something."

She just nodded and grunted in affirmation to him telling her where she was. Sellia II was not a world she was familiar with or one that she was sure she had ever been before. Maybe she would have to check out when she was in more of a condition to do so. For the past few months, she had been back, all she had been really doing was wandering the old CIS territory. Mostly going from cantina to cantina across the worlds she use to patrol and pirate.

She did take notice of the hints of distaste in his voice and avoidance of the topic of skirmishes. She wanted to tell him in the end peace would prevail, the light would defeat the darkness, or Good always triumphed but she had seen so much war and bloodshed that she knew it was a naive hope. No words could comfort one with an impossible dream, a dream she once had herself.

"I was only about four cherry rum pints in." Letting out another little painful laugh. Weather that was intoxicated, Cord wasn't even sure anymore she had probably over double that daily on good day. She hated to admit it but had long been the truth she drowned her memories in the blackest depth of alcohol.

"Yeah dead…." In truth that's where she would rather be than here. "Good advice though, I will take that into consideration if ever decide to be a hero. Not just some idiot with swords and space wizard powers. So, you thinking surgery there?" She looked down at the wounds as the stims started to kick almost as good as the alcohol when they finally hit. "How long we talking being laid up?" She thought about asking him where the closest cantina to the hospital was but thought better of it.

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

Sellia II, Jedi Praxeum

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"Yeah dead…."

"Please," Jalen sighed, furrowing his brow, "If you wanted to be dead you surely would have managed that by now."

She was still living for something, even if she didn't recognize it yet. Everybody was living for something. Jalen knew that for certain, even as he knew that the galaxy was filled with terrible things. After all, if anyone knew how terrible the galaxy could be it was him. The last thing he ever saw was still burned into his mind.

"No surgury required," he noted. "I'm influencing your tissues to close on their own. Grafting on artificial skin would take a lot longer. I'd rather not take up any more of your time than is required."

And the wound was closing, even if slowly. By this point the bleeding had stopped, or at least slowed down. The bacta in the stim shots was already lessening the severity of the wound.

It was just going to take time.

Many times, it just didn't stick are the words that crossed her mind but were left unspoken. The last time she had thought it had finally been the real deal but damn her curse bringing her around for another round. Cheating death was something of family tradition, but Cord saw it more as curse then anything else. "Name's Cord Sta….Bacquin by the way." Stopping herself from saying Starfall wanting to avoid be associated with her mother a Maw war criminal in the Galactic Alliance. That and if any Jedi archives still existed with her in them, they would be under the name Bacquin. "You got a name doc?"

"Good."
She simply stated to him saying she wouldn't need surgery and him saying he would get her on her feet again as quickly as possible. "Make sure it leaves a cool scar though." A smirk crossed her face and a light chuckle left her lips to let him know she was joking.

"I was never really good at the healing arts. You should look into some of the Dathomiri Magicks, they have some real impress stuff that can even regenerate limbs and…" She stopped herself again as she was about to mention even curing blindness among other things. Most people thought of Dathomir and immediately thought of the nightsisters but just like jedi and sith there was another side to the coin the Daughters of Allya often just called the Allyan.

"You ever…." She was about to ask him if he had ever been to Dathomir or if he knew much about it and its people. She stopped though as she heard a commotion down another hallway of the hospital. She couldn't make out what was going on but she saw several of the security near where she was take off in the direction of the commotion.

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

Sellia II

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"Name's Cord Sta….Bacquin by the way."

Oh. An alias. She must have a recognizable last name. Awkward no doubt. Jalen's was becoming recognizable these days as well, what with his war hero older brother who was now on the Jedi Council. Most people didn't put two and two together though, so he usually could have normal conversations.

Usually.

"Jalen Kai'el," he introduced.

The mention of dathomiri arts was... intruiguing to say the least. The notion of regrowing limbs was a strange one, but not an imposibility. Synthetic limbs could be grown through scientific methods using an individual's DNA, so why not the force? Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic was just one example of a witch he knew, so they didn't have to be a dark force like most people claimed. There was a clear implication for what the woman had in mind, however, to which Jalen could only sigh and give a polite smile.

"I'm afraid I don't have an affinity for that sort of stuff," Jalen shrugged. "I..."

Oh. Something was off. Cord's wound was mostly closed by now, so Jalen rather hastily applied a Bacta patch onto the wound and went to grab his lightsaber. His mood seemed to shift completely.

"Consider yourself healed," the padawan told her. "I need to make sure the patients are safe."

And with that he'd simply set off after the Praxeum's temple guards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom