Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War Council (LotF, Axis ask)

The war room aboard the Astral Horizon were the leaders of the Fringe Confederacy, both civil, and military. Around the long table each sat with the files on the newly discovered system, Valen. At the head of the table was the Lady Yun-Harla, and to here right was the Governor of Bakura, and to her left the new Lord Admiral Jared Omvar. On the center of the table a holo-emitter showed the rotating planet of Valen, and the planets around it.

"Well we all know why we are here, and have seen the briefings. if you need to review them again there are under these files; Valen, and map of Valen. The staging is set for us to land at a city called Merrivale, and from there we'll be moving from Urain, Therin, and do to Kalita. From there we will create some strong fortress on the three bottlenecks, and a very strong garrison to reinforce them in Kalita."

Standing up Sargon moved over to the emitter and typed in a new file, and instantly a picture of an indigenous species showed up on the screen. "Now here is the real question at hand, how do we move our forces in? Are we a conquering army? Can we win them through diplomacy, or commerce? Lets be honest these people are perfectly well off without us on this dark world. What I want though is to get hammered down the how. The why is simple, more concentrated Cortosis then any other location in the galaxy. Secondly it matches the only known atmosphere to produce Isotope-5, and if we could get our hands on an Isotope-5 world..." Leaving the rest unsaid he left the table open the topic of how they'd advance across Valen.

((OOC:Teams are redone below I want to at LEAST hear from team leaders here! I wan to discuss the how... are we blowing cities up... what are our rules of war on this planet.... I want discuss all the relevant IC issues here so if you have an opinion... post it! Teams are reprinted below!))

1. @Lucien Cordel @TimirOrso, @Lucrezia

2. @Spencer Jacobs, @Jared, @Belle Morte

3. @Sargon Vynea @Tricia Kalamack, @Hemlock Briar

4. @Shinju, @The Wraithful One, @Zari Macek @Mara Linth

5. @Balaya, @Kal Voss, @Andreas Wintergreen,

6. @Morna Imura, @Teslar Rantarus, @Cain Laatl @Shado

Lucien was sat next to Sargon as leader of team one he was here to represent them he had allowed the other two to appear as well. He looked through the files again to refresh his memory. "I would of course opt for commerce or diplomacy it saves needless blood shed, I am not above underhand methods however I suggest one of two methods One trickery, The valen are isolated they have never left the planet we merely lie promised the unacheivable and in return request temporary control over cities. Second we could use the darkside of the force to coerce or otherwise force a Valen of influence to turn the cities over to us." Lucien spoke then paused for a moment

" The Valen rely on Cortosis, Perhaps there is a way to deprive them of the resource?" He asked turning to the other members of the group. Lucien would have very much liked to see a move that limited bloodshed he had taken his fill of bloodshed over the last few months. He had said his piece and was eager to hear the ideas that the others had.

Teslar had joined this faction because of a inner need for belonging that he found nowhere else and because it gave him resouces and access to knowledge that he couldn't get on his own. He had been studying military tactics among other things in his free time "Yes we should go for diplomacy as our first option then when the other factions start attacking they will be eager to join us but if that doesn't work then we can funnel stealth troops into the city as they talk peace taking them out in one swiftly blow." he explained his hooded figure barely visable tovmost in the room as he stood in the shadows for even among the Fringers he stayed in the shadows.

Coming to this meeting I was dressed in my armor. As much as I would want to dress in the only suit that I had. Luicen may have not liked me for that. Seeing as how I was a tatted, pierced, and punk or goth person. He might have thought differently. Yet my armor was still professional. Keeping the hood down and the mask off, I let the semi-long dirty blonde hair of mine sway in my face as I listened to Sargon. In the past few months I have watched this man from leading a simple group of men, To almost an entire army. He had moved up the poll faster than I at first had thought. And for that I owed him respect.

Looking behind me as one of my team mates spoke. I nodded. "As much as I would agree with you on that, I would have to say that some of the cities can be won with war 101. Hearts and minds. Give them something they want. Others we may have to take with a blade to the throat. As so, Thats where the double edged blade of politics come in. Work with them first. Gain their trust rather than force them to it." He knew who I was talking to about that. "We don't want them to fear us. If so, they would join with the other factions. What we need here is good communication. Not nightmares."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Jared sat and listened to the discussion. He was in fact in agreement with most of them, a conquering force might not be the wisest action for them. There was another option though, by all accounts the Valenian people had never felt the touch of the Force before. They would not even have to dominate their minds to make them their own. There was a much simpler way. And as such he stood up, to show that he had something to say.

After Morna was done with his speech, Jared nodded to him in appreciation and then said: "Hearts and Minds. Powerful words, they are. Our sources tell us that the Valenians have never seen the Touch of the Force. Why not just.. show it to them? It would be magic to them.. Divine Power. I know some people here may have some apprehension against this. But it far beats just massacring them in full. With this? Well, it is just like Morna said, we need to conquer their Hearts and their Minds."

Satisfied with his plan he sat down again and waited for the discussion to ensue.

Zari Macek

Z
Zari sat across the room from the rest. "I agree with Jared. We should awe them with the powers of the force!" Zari stated with her arms crossed. "The for Valen could just as well be one by any force users. And the fringe is strong! Valen could be ours in no time!"

The Wrathful One

T
With the bang of her first the Wrathful One made her presence known. "Weakness, I see weakness all around me now. When I joined the Fringe I was promised a pairing of strength, but now you restrict us with this 'peace'! There is no need to prove our force powers, or give gifts, and manipulate. We simply take what we want from them, we show them they are nothing, but slaves to our will. We do not do as this peaceful worm says, but we bring pain until they cower before us and submit body, and soul." With a sharp hiss the Rakata Empress leaned back her rage obvious as she reached over without thought to touch her mate. At least someone here was of strength besides her.

@[member="Teslar Rantarus"] @[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"] @[member="Zari Macek"] @[member="Jared Ovmar"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

I smiled as I stood after the Wrathful one made a large hissy fit. I smiled as My left hand ignited into flame. "We are powerful. Even more so than you may think Wrathful. We know this to be true, But to utterly destroy the people that we wish to become friends with, would only cause them to hate us and fear us. You may like the feeling of causing ones fear, But to talk of taking power from them comes the story of the king and the slave." Letting the fire in my hand die down. I spoke more.

"A king once conquered everything in his path. Be it small towns or villages. Even mighty castles that stood for thousands of years before his birth fell from his mighty armies. Yet he only needed one more city to take hold and his Conquest would be complete. Within the span of three days did this city fight. Only did the wall's fall to this king. TO prove his power He had a chariot of Gold and Cortosis made just for him to be carted around by his slaves. As he neared the center of town. A single slave stood in the center with a crown. As the king came to place this piece of honor on his head, The slave whispered into his ear, 'You may conquer worlds and lives, Palaces and kingdoms fall before you, But know that even the smallest of blades can draw blood. And only one blade is needed to end this war.' and with that, The slave took a dagger from behind his back and stabbed the king in the throat."

Sitting down I looked over to the creature, "Moral of the story, Don't piss of those that will fight back."
@[member="The Wrathful One"]

Lucien sat and smiled quite a quaint story he thought to himself, The king was a fool Lucien " My dear lady having people cower is all well and good but fear drives even quiet men and women to insanity ... Insanity is dangerous especially on mass. Before we can safely see them cower we must divide them a costly endeavor the way of peace is faster and more efficient in this case and once we have a foothold and have made ties on the planet then we can bring fear" He turned to jared "I concur Lord admiral a little trickery may serve us well" He paused threading his fingers together "However there is a fatal flaw ... The people communicate telepathically once they see force users are neither rare nor all that special they will be less impressed by pretty lights ... we need a contingency plan for when this one losses it's glitter" He lent back again and awaited a reply.

@[member="The Wrathful One"]

Shinju touched her queen and gave a nod of agreement. Oh there was much to be had for killing but that was easy anyone could kill they wanted to become gods... That wasn't something she cared about either. No in truth she wanted to see what they could take from this world what they could add to their empire in the galaxy. Few got to use some of the technology of the Infinite empire and even less got to truly enjoy the delicious scintillatingly debauchery who was the Wrathful one with a slave girl. "We shall do as needed to secure the world." Her head flicked over showing a wicked smile, as needed could mean many many things and not all fo them peaceful after all.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
"Weakness, I see weakness all around me now. When I joined the Fringe I was promised a pairing of strength, but now you restrict us with this 'peace'! There is no need to prove our force powers, or give gifts, and manipulate. We simply take what we want from them, we show them they are nothing, but slaves to our will. We do not do as this peaceful worm says, but we bring pain until they cower before us and submit body, and soul."
Jared sat silently and waited until Morna and Lucien were done talking and then waited some more. The silence endured for some time, while Jared only stared at the Wrathful One. Then he finally spoke softly: "Peaceful worm, you say?". He had never liked the Rakatan species, they had only bloodlust in them; no potential at all. If it were up to him he would have glassed their whole planet and be over with it. But back then he did not have that authority. But now? Now he could destroy them with only one word spoken, for now it did not make sense though. Their ships were welcome for the Valen War, after that? Who knows what could happen.

A couple of more seconds passed and then Jared stood up. He took out his lightsaber, but did not ignite it yet. Instead he just kept it in his hand and said: "Maybe I should bring you pain, piece of amphibian inbred filth. You talk to me about power, but tell me something. How fares the Infinite Empire? Ah.. right, it only exists in the figment of your waning imagination. Know your betters, Wrathful One." He said with sarcasm. "Before I remind you of your place."

Then he sat again and smiled. "Well, that was a productive discussion. Is there anyone else with suggestions?"

@[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"] @[member="Lucien Cordel"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="The Wrathful One"] @[member="Teslar Rantarus"] @[member="Zari Macek"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom