Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanting to get started

[member="Evie Miramat"]

Did you have anything in particular you had in mind that you wanted to have as a thread? I think if you specify what you are looking for, it would greatly help in getting people to write.

As a merc, I'm down for anything.

I also have a former Jedi I could throw at you, if that interests you. I have a writing partner that writes with said char so we could turn it into a party.

Since I intend to write Evie as a diplomat, I think getting her involved with politics would be in order. I am still not entirely sure how factions work here, so I do not know if I can freely write with somebody in a different one. [member="Kor Vexen"]

That sounds very interesting. [member="Maur"]

Hello, Doctor. [member="James Justice"]

Factions are more or less groups you associate yourself to, they are categorized as Minor or Major. Minor factions are kind of small niches that are usually something very specific and typically don't really have much political sway, whilst major factions are the larger groups that control territory on the Galactic Map. Some people write themselves as the diplomatic leader or ruler of a planet, but you typically have to keep in mind that you're going to need to bend the knee if a major faction comes knocking at your door to write a dominion. There have been instances in the past where major factions respect any sort of narrative you try to write for a planet so that could be helpful for writing flavor or fluff text for the future while developing yourself as something like a representative of that planet.

[member="Evie Miramat"]

[member="Evie Miramat"] - First off welcome, hope you enjoy your time and writing here.

[member="Kor Vexen"] has some very good insights there. Only thing I would add is each major has it's own flavor. I would suggest checking many out, see if any have the flavor you like. The writers and leadership of each faction are improtant also.

So my two cents are to read up on a bunch, narrow them down, then contact a few and get to know the ones you like best.

Thank you. I don't see Evie as a ruler of a faction as of yet. Diplomatic leader of one is a possibility. The Confederacy has already approached me on being one. I just need to pick a planet and get started there, if I understand things correctly. [member="Kor Vexen"]

Thank you for the welcome. I am not entirely sure what flavor Evie is going to fit into yet. [member="Bryce Bantam"]

[member="Evie Miramat"] The CIS is a great faction honestly, strong leadership and great writers. If you are interested I would strongly recommend them as a group to get started with.

My faction, the ORC, is their south western neighbors too. So if you have a good idea for a story between our two factions please run it by them, then let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom