Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted to Sail Upon your Waters, Since I was three feet tall (Levantine Dominion of Arda)

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
Objective: A - Get ready to dive (and chastise unhealthy habits)
Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Khaleel Malvern"] [member="Kaili Talith"]

Setzi turned to the blonde student and said, “I wasn’t afraid to borrow a wet suit, but now that you mention it…” Well, they could be filled with germs after all. The brunette padawan went to where the wetsuits were and held one up skeptically. It was grey and black, and it would fully cover both her arms and her legs. Also looked like the right fit. Some of the other wetsuits would leave more skin showing, but the padawan decided to be as covered as possible, not out of modesty, but more because she didn’t relish getting bitten by an electric eel or some other type of poisonous sea creature. And the suit didn’t really look that weathered. At this point, she was worried less about germs and more about a shark.

“I’m Setzi, by the way,” she said, shaking the other girl’s hand as she donned her own suit. And then she was gripped with a sudden modesty and looked around for a refresher in which to change. She began to tap Mr. Starchaser on the shoulder, but he was very busy with preparations. She could find her own way around.

As she scanned the bridge, she noticed that the blonde man - who looked like he could use a close shave - lit up a cigarette. She furrowed her brow and remembered there was a “no smoking” sign hung distinctly outside of the door to the bridge. And here he was violating all kinds of health and safety codes not to mention being a terrible role model for all of these youngsters!

“Sir… I mean, Walker,” she said, coming over to him. “Can you please put that out? There is no smoking on the bridge. Just look at those kids all staring at you. It’s not really a good example you are setting, is it?” she asked in a tone akin to some kind of Galactic Republican peacekeeper.

The other students were completely oblivious to the blonde co-pilot's smoking and were chatting excitedly and getting ready for the group lesson. Someone else was also oblivious to her own forwardness: "Besides," she continued. "It's really bad for your health. Wouldn't you like to have a long and productive life? I know, I certainly do."

Objective: A
Allies: [member="Khaleel Malvern"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Kaili Talith"]
4/20

He nodded to Khal. Really, the man was one of the first people Coren met when he was trying to… find himself? After the events of him waking up from cryo and not knowing who the feth he was. Yeah, piecing that together? The underworld felt… familiar. But so did military service and the Dark Side. Things were all sorts of out of whack for the once great pilot. Well, still great, but no longer leading Wings and bringing glory to the Empire.

At least Khal--- Walker knew that Coren had work to do here, The Exchange would be there but he needed to get these kids in the water. Yeah, everyone was going to be a kid to Coren. Technically speaking, he was somewhere near 42, but actually? Man was about 27, or something. He didn’t know.

Long enough where his kids hated him. Jared not so much, but Kaia? He wasn’t sure he’d ever connect to that one. But she was doing exactly the same thing he was doing, just without being a criminal at the same time. Was he being petty? Yes.

“Welcome aboard, then, Setzi. And its just Coren, Cap, if you feel the need to get formal on me.” He looked over at Khal with a ‘help me’ look. “Can always use someone for agri. Right here though, we’re workin’ a different angle. Welcome to join us though.” He nodded to the wet suits that Kaili seemed to be having issues with?

“They’re all sanitized. If you don’t believe me, well, you can stay out of the water. Might not even need it, ship’s computer is sayin’ were at 27 cels. I’m pulling a short suit just cuz there might be things that can sting me. But it’ll be full of your dead skin and water as soon as you hit the ocean.” He said this more to Kai because he was not going to touch Setzi right now, talking to Khal like that.

Making sure he got himself changed into his wet suit, he nodded, checking his tanks. “Everyone pair up, check your partner’s gear. When you’re ready, step off, I’ll have a tag line. We’ll get together, then we’re going under.” He looked at Khal, unsure if the man was coming or staying on the ship. They did have droids (Hegemonic Automaton, for the record, LAA didn’t buy anything less) to help with rescue should someone freak out under water. But submerging to 10 to 20 meters or so was more forgiving than space.

Good training.

Tossing his swim fins into the water, he checked his mask and stepped off the gangway and into the blue.

Objective: Dive? Dive. ... Dive?
Mentions: [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Setzi Lunelle"], [member="Khaleel Malvern"], [member="Boo Chiyo"]

“Uh, right. Kaili.” The girl shook Setzi’s hand. “Kaili Talith.”

“If you say so, Cap-Coren.” Kaili nodded. “I’ll, uh, find myself somewhere more private and get myself changed. Yeah.”

Modesty or insecurities. Kaili needed her privacy even when all she had to do was get into something else. Even wetsuits was on that list. Were the sleeves and legs supposed to be this short? It didn’t matter, her learning partner helped her with the rest of the equipment. Mask, check. Weird tube, check. Kaili was good to go as well.

It felt weird to walk around in all this equipment, but if it helped her to not die it was pretty alright.

“Well, lung cancer is pretty cool too, I guess.” Kaili would let herself quip as she passed by Khaleel. “The smell could’ve been better though.”

Booze and cigarettes. This man was living the high-life to be sure. Kaili paused for a moment as she approached the edge of the loading ramp. The water was warm, that’s what Cap-Coren said. Would she prod at the surface or jump straight in?

It was a hard decision to make. She placed herself on the edge. Nope, this wasn’t as obvious as she wanted to make it.

Objective: C
Allies: The Sendan
[1/20]

When you were just under 3 meters tall and weighed just under 200 kg there was no such thing as sneaking. He sat calmly outside of the Sendan village and watched as they paddled away in their small fishing boats. He watches as they performed their tasks as a group, members of the village chatting away with each other as they did. He sighed and frowned, his trunk slumping down even further than ti already was. He missed his family, and the more he watched this village and all of the exuberant life that they showed the worse it got. He hadn't seen them in many years and he wasn't sure he ever would, but they had sacrificed everything to help him live the life they couldn't. If only they knew that the life he had wanted all those years ago was one that was with them.

Pirates had made it to Arda and while he wasn't trying to make friends with the natives, neither was he looking to let the pirates destroy the culture. A family oriented culture that only made him more sullen as he watched. One of the children glanced his way before being scolded for not working, who could miss the huge Cragmoloid sitting alone along the shore line. He had been sitting there for most of the day, happy to not interact with the natives at all, content to just let them live, as long as the pirates understood that they weren't welcome here either.

His large hands were planted in the sand behind him, his arms back and supporting the weight of his torso as he leaned back. His legs were splayed out in front of him, his pants covered in wet sand. with a loud baritone sigh he closed his eyes and pulled the force to him. It was in these moments, when he was connected with the force and every living thing around him, that he wasn't depressed. Because in these moments, he was alive and surrounded by his family. Opening his eyes again he peered into the distance, watching the fishing boats shrink into the water, his thoughts drifting to the scenery around him.

Setzi Lunelle

Objective: A - Get ready to dive
Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Khaleel Malvern"] [member="Kaili Talith"]

Yeah, Kaili had the right idea! The young blonde girl didn’t like the smoking either. But before Malvern had a chance to respond, Instructor Starchaser… Coren, hustled forward with the lesson so quickly that Setzi was afraid she would be lost behind.

She found a refresher, and it took her an embarrassingly long time to get into the wet suit, not knowing how it went on or where it fastened. It was tight, like a second skin, which also made it difficult to put on. She looked at herself in the mirror, and as form fitting as the wet suit was, it made her look like a real diver! She tied her hair up in the back and went back out to gather up her equipment. Once the mask was on, flippers under her arm and oxygen tank in tow, she turned to Kaili and asked, “Do you have a partner yet?”

It was unlikely the blonde man could hold his breath for a few minutes much less dive with that bad smoking habit of his, so she wasn't about to partner up with him.

“How’s the water Cap-Coren?” she yelled out at their instructor already treading water.

Objective: Get kids swimming, don’t let anyone else call him Cap-Coren.
Team: [member="Khaleel Malvern"] | [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]
5/20

He was moving forward, get the kids out of the ship, get Khal either in the water or sitting on the ship with an open comm channel, which, how well would that be? Yeah, Coren was… well, if the Underground or Exchange showed up, that’d not be a bad thing. Khal could get some work done, and posts could be thrown at this Dominion.

"Perfect for a bit of diving!" He grinned. Exactly what he was looking for. Warm, and clear. Arda was… he needed to make a bit of a settlement on this planet. Would a house, or like… thatched roof bungalow on the sand. But right now? Water. The ocean and making sure he had everyone safe.

As the nameless red-shirt NPCs got in the water, he waited for the hero characters. Some of the other students had paired themselves up already, so that was half the work done. “Okay everyone, masks on. When you’re ready, start sinking. I’ve got a flag, and so does Walker if he gets in the water.” He rose his voice at his brother-in-crime. “As well as the two seniors. Stay with your partner and stay in eye sight. We’ll be watching for everyone.” And so help him, if the ones that were strictly LAA students used the Force… Frontiers kids, that's fine.

He really needed to stop referring to students as kids. Setzi was what? Older? Maybe.

He himself? He reached out to the students, a typical pilot’s-style meld.

Objective : B [Locals previously interacted with by Dashiell Family]
Passenger : Makai Dashiell [npc]

Sleek and aquamarine in color, the Sirena cut through the black like a knife. Nothing, Judah idly noted, cut through the black like a Santhe Challenger. At the time it had been a frivolous purchase but the smaller of the two Dashiell family vessels had proved its worth. It had been a gift for [member="Thessa Kai"] but he found himself using it more and more, especially when wanting nothing but sheer speed.

Not that he was in any hurry by far. This was strictly a non-business trip with a lazy timeline.

"Can I touch somethin' yet?" A young human-Galan hybrid strained against the crash webbing, chestnut curls falling into ice-blue eyes. Gaze quickly looked at all of the controls in front of him, glistening like candy.

"Not quite. You're going to have to exercise a little patience, otherwise we'll end up in a fireball of death before we hit the sky."

"I think Mama would yell at you if you killed me."

"Good point. I keep my self in trouble enough." Judah scratched at his on the verge of being overgrown beard and retook the controls. He was guiding the Sirena down to a small spot of Arda that he had 'leased' from the locals. A barter of metal tools and goods in exchange to build on the beach a good distance from the fishing village.

There was nothing fancy to the building, running off solar power with only the bare basics. Yet there was a joy of being off the grid (so to speak) with his son.

"Do ya think the hut is still there?" Makai had sat back against the restraints by now, taking in the glittering jewel of Arda.

"Well....I wouldn't doubt if a typhoon knocked it around a little. I'm sure nothing we can't fix though."

Mentions: [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Khaleel Malvern"], [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Her head slowly shook back and forth as the other woman asked Kaili if she had a partner. The kid had been too slow during the equipping phase and at this point she would slowly get that creeping feeling that the real purpose of the question was to see if they could partner up. Which, of course, had a very simple answer to it.

“Yes, we can team up!” Kaili’s voice filled the air with excitement. “I’ve never done this though, so if we find any of that underwater treasure you let me know, alright?”

“Oh oh oh, and I’m Kai-” The girl cut herself short, the woman already knew this. “Right, you already know. Oh man, I am so excited. This is my first ever trip with the Astronautical Academy, right? So it’s like whaaaat? And I mea-”

She was rambling. If there ever was a point when she was supposed to shut up it was when she got the most excited. The girl sighed.

“I’m sorry, I tend to ramble sometimes when I get excited.”

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Objective: A - Explore[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Location: Passenger-seat[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][04/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]The difference between the Underlord and most other Crime Lords was the fact that he didn’t mind to get his hands dirty every once in a while. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]A compound needed assaulting? He was right there in the thick of it with his boys. Something needed fixing or maintenance? He would shove his hands in the grease with the engineers of that particular department with no second-thoughts available to him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]But there was a line, and that line was heading into cold water with only a rebreather and some thin, latex fabric separating himself from the general- [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Oh, who was Khal really kidding here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]With a shrug he put out the cigarette, stood up and put his duster and other assorted things away. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Can’t really go swimming with all the shet he had going on, shirt went next, pants and then he started to change into one of those suits that the other guys were sporting right now. His own men were currently working at other places on Arda - they didn’t need supervision in this matter, knew better than most what they were supposed to do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Vacation, Kally. Enjoy it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]He waved his flag slightly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Flag… yeah.” Khal sighed, this was going to be a long day.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] [/SIZE]

Setzi Lunelle

Setzi smiled back at Kaili. The blonde girl’s enthusiasm was infectious. “I have never done this either, but we’ll learn together,” she said, putting a friendly hand on the girl’s arm. She laughed when the girl babbled on but only said, “It’s fine. I don’t mind. Ramble on if you need to. Sometimes talking helps get the nervousness out.”

The brunette padawan wasn’t that nervous herself. She was a fairly strong swimmer. And diving seemed safe enough if all of the equipment was in working order. And of course with a capable instructor which Cap-Coren seemed to be.

Setzi glanced behind her to see Walker half-heartedly holding a flag and getting ready to dive along with them. She inadvertently gave him the once-over in his wetsuit and then caught herself checking him out. I apparently need lessons in flirting, she thought. Because admonishing someone over their bad habits was not the best way to make a first impression. But it was too late now. He probably thinks I'm an uptight prude, she told herself.

Setzi tore her gaze away and threw her flippers into the water like Starchaser had. Then she raised her arms above her head and dove into the blue water. The sea out here was a little colder than it had been on the beach where she had landed. But it still felt just as refreshing. She grabbed her flippers and put them on, treading water and waiting for Kaia and Walker.

Objective: A
Posse: NWA, and like [member="Khaleel Malvern"], [member="Setzi Lunelle"] and [member="Kaili Talith"]
6/20

And the fact that the students were getting Khal to come? That was something else. Coren shook his head and laughed, to himself, because he didn’t want to give NPC students a thought that they were doing it wrong. Filled up their buoyancy compencating devices so no one was sinking to the bottom yet. At least they listened. He watched the rest of them on the boat. C’mon now. Step in.

Sure, he’d let them get in at their own pace.

He’d let them get in, but if they took too long? He’d pull all three in with the Force. But while he waited, he made a head count. And pairing them up.

Was he really being responsible?

“Alright folks. We’re going to be going down there, I’ve got some new scanning equipment. And what the Frontiers Corps does, and what anyone should do when you’re making first contact. The seniors have one, and I’ve got one. You…” He pointed to a group of red shirts. “You’ll go with group two.” He pointed at the people with names. “Y’all are coming with me.” Were the groups Forcer-and NFU? Yes. Did that matter?

Kind of.

He took a second once they got in the water to try to reach for them all in the Force. Make it easier to get his points across. Use your tools. And the LAA rule about no Force use didn’t matter outside the classroom.

Not in Coren’s book.

Post 6 of 20
Objective: D - LAA Student Working on Rescue Diver Certification
Allies: @LAA Students/Faculty

A beep on his wristlink singled a muted alert.

The chime sometimes went off in class, with the Pantoran's typical explanation being that it was a timed signal to remind him of necessary prayer times for worshiping the gods of the Primeval. Which could be construed as true, from a certain point of view. The reality was, the muted chirp ordinarily signaled when the agents of the Host Lord -- the Bleeding Sun -- wanted to get a hold of the boy. That almost always meant leaving Levantine Space in pursuit of a tasking for the Prophet of Sargon, which almost always ended in an assassination. Though, the last time it had happened, events had been somewhat more interesting.

He'd had to leave a military history exam early in order to serve a battalion of the Golden Banner 5th in an invasion of the Mandalorian world of Wayland.

This time, the message wasn't nearly so complicated. Captain Starchaser was leading an underwater expedition. As one of the captain's students at the Levantine Academy, and a rescue diver, the signal made known that the captain and his dive party had gone under.

Reaching across, the azure-skinned youngling silenced the alarm with a brush of his thumb. Tracing the wristlink around to the underside, the youth switched the chronometer to a timed stopwatch mode. If another signal wasn't received after awhile, the boy might go to investigate. R3 had the Equinox somewhere nearby, just in case the Bleeding Sun summoned the young witch boy.

But, for right now, the young Pantoran stood on a lifeguard platform and looked out over a popular beach, waiting for nothing other than the chance to help someone.

Strangely, it was a good feeling.

Objective: A - Dive on in!
Mentions: [member="Setzi Lunelle"], [member="Khaleel Malvern"], Cap-[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Setzi got it and Kaili nodded. It was nervous excitement. They were going underwater for longer than she had cared for even as a native to Borleias. Kaili had her head above water, in the skies was preferable and in space doubly so. It didn’t mean that she couldn’t enjoy life planetside, but her friend Mara was already teaching her the ropes of being a Warden; water, soil and grime didn’t have much to do on a ship. Except maybe to drink or work as coolant for some ancient reactor.

“Yeah, it’s fine. Just some water.” Kaili looked at the glistening blue, hopefully warm water. “Incredibly deep water with it’s own ecosystem, creatures and other things.”

The prospect didn’t exactly bring confidence, it was doubtful Cap-Coren would have picked this planet if the risks of getting chewed up by a sando or an opee. Now those were some horrifying ideas.

With a shrug she turned towards her newfound partner and leaned back in a drop for the water. It was better that than being forced down by Cap-Coren after all. With a small ‘Woo’ she got up from being beneath the water's surface. Yeah, no, all this equipment was certainly making things a bit heavier, but she was a grown girl, right? She could manage to stay afloat with a tube-rebreather-thing-tank on her back.

Why yes, yes she could.

Post 7 of 20
Objective: B - Diplomatic relations and history lessons with the local Orthan
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklpUqBRAC8[/youtube]​

Sunlight illuminated a blue world.

Kicking like frog, the small Anzat pushed his way through the water. The tawny hair undulated atop his head like a bed of sea grass, whipping about with the tidal current and the movement of the youngling as he dove down to swim along the contour of the sandy bottom. Arching his back, the child rose up as though flying up toward the sky above. The boy's head broke the surface, an explosive breath released in a sigh before he drew a welcomed bit of air back into his lungs.

A tidal surge lifted the boy upward, as the young Anzat found himself pulled into a lower edge of a wave. Planing out his body, the small Jedi body surfed as the tide came forward toward the shore. As the water broke over head, the boy tumbled and rolled under the wave as it spilled him out into the surf.

Pushing up, the tow-headed Anzat popped up on his hands and knees, finding himself in less than a half meter of water. He started to stand up, when he was ambushed by a clone trooper.

No, it wasn't Order 66.

It was Three, the two-year-old Kamino clone that Sor-Jan had rescued during the chaos that had been Order 66. As the Mandalorian clone crashed into the small Jedi, both boys went splashing down into the water. Wrestling, splashing, and otherwise terrorizing the local fish, the pair of boys went chasing after one another up the shoreline. Another historian, Orthans as the locals called them, was laboring over a diorama in the sand.

Fact: Sand castles made awesome teaching tools.

The small Anzat knelt over a virtual city-state scryed upon the shore, as the Orthan worked at making notes in bone and clay as he recorded the history of the mythological city of Mereum. An ancient, advanced civilization that had been swallowed by the sea in a time long ago. The structures that he had created reproduced how the storyteller envisioned the city to have appeared, with intricate lines and bits of beachwood or fishbone used for decorative effect.

It was a labor of love, as ever history was or could be.

Objective : B [Locals previously interacted with by Dashiell Family]
Passenger : Makai Dashiell [npc]

The tiny chain of islands started to fill the viewport. Eyes squinted to find the spot where he normally landed. Judah had cleared out a bit of space in the thick jungle-like interior of the island the little hut was on. However, it had been some length of time since they had visited Arda. The jungle growth could be astounding at times, so it wouldn't surprise him it it was filled in.

There was a slightly less dense patch off to his starboard side. Looks like Sirena might have to crash through some of the overgrowth....nothing they shouldn't be able to handle.

"Alright, go ahead and get ready to man the controls. Remember, if you don't listen...fireball of doom."

-----------------

Only causing some minor scrapes on the Sirena after hitting some tropical-fruit tree, the vessel was cooling down from its journey. Ramp down, the heat and humidity hit him like a ton of bricks. Judah thought it felt different then Ceto somehow....less breezy or just generally an increase in temperature.

Makai seemed to have no problems with it. The boy was already bounding down a makeshift trail.

"Hurry up, I wanna see if its still there."

"If its gone its gone, getting there any faster won't help anything."

A short distance a way, the locals hadn't missed they arrival of the ocean-colored flying vessel. Many had already been taking from the village, never to be seen again. Those remaining were not going to go quietly.

Setzi Lunelle

Objective: A - Dive?

They were all in the water now, except for Walker. Get down here slow poke, she thought, shielding her eyes from the sun as she looked back up at him on the ship. Then suddenly Setzi could feel Cap-Coren pulling them all together with the Force as though they were in an invisible pen. She let herself be positioned in the right group. Still treading water, she asked, “Are we all going to be holding the sensors? Or is it some kind of droid that’s tagging along with us?”

Her hair now in a ponytail, she pulled on her mask, breathing apparatus and the rest of her gear. Her mild anxiety was soothed by the physical exercise. Although Setzi was in good shape, the swimming today was going to be a test of endurance for her. She selfishly hoped the boat had some sunbeds somewhere for an evening of lounging. But none of this was voiced. She smiled at Kaili who also looked ready for adventure.

“Are we ready?” she asked, eager to get to the bottom of the sea.

Post 8 of 20
Objective: D - LAA Student Working on Rescue Diver Certification
Allies: @LAA Students/Faculty

If you feelin' like a pimp, Naboo, go on brush your shoulders off... Nerf herders is pimps too, go on brush your shoulders off. Gotta GET. THAT. dirt off your shoulder...

The lyrical styling of the hip-hop/rap sensation Gunganlicious pounded from out of the small speaker on the Pantoran's wristlink. One leg dangled from out of the hammock, which was strung up inside the small lifeguard hut which stood out against the tranquil shoreline of the beach. A lantern provided a pallor of illumination, as the azure hued youngling cradled a datapad containing textbook material on nitrogen absorption at varying atmospheric pressure and data on oxygen toxicity in near-humans and near-Duros. Tables for breathable air mixes of varying inert gas composition to take both oxygen toxicity and nitrogen narcosis into account. First aid and rudimentary medical data for treatment...

Dust fell from the rafters of the hut. The rickety construction rattling like a chain as powerful vibrations resonated overhead. The young monk's amber eyes flicked up as though to peer through the ceiling.

In actuality, they did.

Through the Force, the boy could make out shapes. Lines of energy intersecting in varying forms. A ship. A shuttle to be more precise, but no less interesting for the fact that the Ardans didn't use repulsor technology. They knew about it. They were just a little too into the whole beach bum culture to really give a kark about the galaxy at large. And, with a world like this one, who could blame them?

Unlike the ghettos of Coruscant, growing up poor here you could still catch your own dinner by casting a fishing line. That wasn't really possible in the sewars of the Undercity.

Well, it was possible, he supposed. But not recommended.

Armed with a juice box and the reverie chain around his neck, the boy in the red board shorts of official lifesaving goodness made his way outside of the hut. Lights shone over the dock that was just down the beach from where his lifeguard hut was pitched in the sand. The pylons were a popular swimming and fishing spot, which made for all kind of mundane medical adventures when the two past times mingled badly.

The shuttle was a cobbled together piece of poodoo that looked like some skinflint's idea of a first starcruiser for their sixteen year old. Seriously, he didn't know that the Corellian Engineering Company was still making the Chevette. Or was that the Nubia Star Drives Pinto?

Whatever the case might have been, a Bith and a pair of Aqualish had a man who had enough krakana teeth hanging off him to have been an Ardan chieftan. Even if that were, or weren't the case, what they had here seemed to be a shakedown.

Or, maybe something a little more sinister, as the boy realized after the fact that the Ardan's feet seemed to be bound in blocks of duracrete.

Mob hit? Well, if that was the case, then the Pantoran hoped it wasn't one of [member="Sempra the Hutt"]'s bookies, if the Hutt Cartel even had any gangsters out this far into the rim. Because, even if he wasn't officially on duty, the boy couldn't exactly take a passing grade in his Rescue Diver Course if he just up and let someone drown on his strand of beach -- much less right in front of him.

"Beach is closed."

The Bith turned around. The Aqualish stopped working over the Ardan, as all four sets of eyes looked down the dock to find a half-naked, blue-skinned boy sipping on a juice box as pale yellow eyes just stared back apathetically. The one Aqualish looked at the other, squealing something in their squawkish language that the youth inferred from intonation might have been, Is this nerf herder for real?

The Bith was easier to understand. "The feth are you supposed to be?"

Bringing the juice box up to his lips, the youth made a loud slurping sound as the container was emptied. Casually tossing the beverage over his shoulder, the Pantoran held the Bith's gaze as he belched in reply. Then, planting his hands on his hips, said, "I'm the lifeguard."

The Bith and his Aqualish muscle just broke out in laughter.

Which was fine, except the Ardan he was rescuing didn't have to laugh too...

Objective: C
Allies: [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Rosa Gunn"] | [member="Anija Ordo"] | Maybe [member="Judah Dashiell"] but also tag because Hi.
Post 7/20

Token Waters was making her trips around the galaxy. And as such, she had three… maybe four places she visited on the regular. Laekia, to check in with the Levantine Sanctum, the people who never judged and gave her a home, was always one of these places. Sure, she might be coming out of Primeval space, but if push came to shove? The Witch would side with the Free Space. There were worlds here that made her feel at home, and worlds here that made her feel like she was nowhere she’d ever been.

Taking her new Innesco-shuttle (compliments of her job at the Techno Union), the blonde made her way out to the world known as Arda. It was a world that really made her happy. Tropical, and warm. And clean, and… happy? But there was one thing wrong. It had pirates.

The blonde was showing up to help with that. Studying humanities and anthropology at the University of Coronet, she knew what kind of work needed to be done here. Besides, she needed a day in the sun (duh!). So, when she stepped out of her ship, she was dressed in a… probably offensive style to the natives. She had feathers in her braided hair and wore simple earth tones.

Token knew that something was going on with her, the water had always called to her, but had she actually realized she wasn’t fully human? No, not yet.

She had her lightsaber on her hip, and an archaic weapon, her compound bow. Sure, it was modern by Arda standards, but it also wasn’t a thermal detonator.

Who was she looking for?

Objective: A, sight seeing, planetary scanning, teaching people that the ocean isn't going to kill you
Posse: [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Khaleel Malvern"] if he gets himself to the bottom of the ocean and doesn't have a freak out moment.
8/20

They were finally getting in the water? Good. Coren was… anxious. The man was one of those that always loved being thrown into the Unknown. The Unknown Regions, the darkness of space, the depths of the ocean, take him somewhere he didn’t know and he’d go. Probably a result of his upbringing. Having been around the galaxy a fair share, and when he was between worlds? He always felt at home.

The path of the modern gypsy. It says something when the road feels more like homecoming and being where you feel you’re from feels foreign. That was why the Dawn Treader always bounced around, until they found a worthy cause. And the Levantine Sanctum? That was a worthy cause.

That was something to preserve and protect. That was why his son was out training the defense fleet. And why Coren was putting so much work into the Frontiers Corp and the LAA. When Kaili jumped in the water, Coren made sure to get over to her, to make sure her buoyancy compensator was working right, it’d keep her up. “When we dive down, remember, you’ll have to drain the air.” He tapped at the gray button. “Red gets you air so you can start to level out. Short bursts.” For him, it was all water and piloting. For her? He was trying to be good. His mask was around his neck and he looked over.

He reached out in the Force at Setzi’s BC as well. Pushing air into it, she seemed to have this down a bit better, but still, Mama-Duck. Did that analogy work here? Sure. Anyways, she could just float now. “Nah, I’ve got the equipment. I’ll pass it around when we see something fun down there. But I want y’all to just get used to being in the water. Neutral buoyancy. Its like… flying?” Or Zero-G.

“We’re good. So, let the air out of the BC and start sinking. Watch your pressure. And you’ll be fine.” He smiled and put his mask on, holding up the tube that would release the air. He made his way to the bottom, and once there, got himself onto his knees, so he’d not drift with the current, and waited for the group. It was going to be quiet, but they’d each feel the instructor-person reach out and gently nudge them with the Force.

When everyone got down, he made eye contact to give everyone an O-K sign with his hands, better than having someone flail around, but it was only about 10 meters down.

Still…

Post 9 of 20
Objective: B - Diplomatic relations and history lessons with the local Orthan
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5ceAruYrI[/youtube]​

Because of their philosophy of simple living, the Ardans didn't have refreshers.

There were no sonic showers, which cleaned the body through the use of ultrahigh frequencies which vaporized dirt and dead skin. No sanistreams, which was like getting blasted in the face by a high viscosity particle fire hose. No effluvial rinsers, or sanitizers. Heck, there weren't even toilets in all of the houses. Instead, there were outhouses. Which seemed a workable, if stinky, solution... provided there weren't any dianoga indigenous to the planet.

It wasn't fun when you were on the toilet and suddenly found you had a competing claim to the throne with a tentacle sewer monster. And he knew. That was why he didn't like public refreshers to this day. Especially public refreshers at starport Biscuit Barons.

And avoided Ord Janon at all costs.

...also, talking about Ord Janon. Because what happened at Ord Janon stayed on Ord Janon.

But, what he had in front of him was neither sonic shower, or sanistream, or a dianoga. What it was, was a claw-foot tub for bathing. Like, with actual water. Now, in theory, said water was supposed to stay in the bath tub; however, the young Jedi and his clone trooper companion seemed to have successfully destroyed the primitive refresher. And effectively flooded the cabana in which the two boys were staying.

Which, was totally not their fault or doing at all. Three had been pretending to be some Mandalorian war-god by the name of Jango Fett, and in this particular fantasy Sor-Jan was merely enacting the role of a Manaan water dragon. What some people called utter devastation was simply a non-appreciation for the art and dedication of the two thespians.

Yanked out of the watery battlefield, just as the water dragon had pinned Jango Fett and gained a very splashy upper hand, the pair of younglings were immediately put before the Tribunal of the Bath Towel, bound as prisoners, and sentenced to hot chocolate. The Ardan method of which was to melt real chocolate and then slowly stir in milk to it.

That powdered stuff his master had pushed on him all those decades ago? Yeah, that chit was poodoo. THIS was hot chocolate!

Legs kicking idly, the two boys each huddled within the folds of the towels wrapped around their damp frames as they sat out on the edge of the cabana, the foundation and base for which was elevated by pillars set deep into the sand -- allowing the tide to come and go, reshaping the terrain around the hut even as it stayed a semi-permanent fixture to the beach. In their hands, they cradled the cups of steaming cocoa. Blowing over the top of the cups, the younglings tried to cool the beverages to a heat that was more palatable. All the while, as their own core temperatures came down from the warm bath, their heads hung a little more listless. Their eyes blinked with increasing frequency and duration.

After years of war; the Hyperspace War, the Yinchorri Uprising, the Clone Wars... the young Anzat couldn't recall the last time he'd done something so simple and childish as sipping hot chocolate before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom