Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanna Take A Chance?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Alec was staring at his camel.

Oh, he had claimed it couldn't be more difficult than riding a horse, but look at the dopey creature now he wasn't so sure. It was staring right back at him while chewing and munching on some leaves, it didn't seem to be holding him in too high a regard though. He approached it carefully and tried an experimental pet on its head- immediately having to draw back his hand, lest it bit right through it. Well, probably not, because the teeth were that of a herbivore, but still.

"Don't think it likes me much." He leaned back a bit. "Hmm, it reminds me a bit of my niece, [member="Sasha Santhe"]." Squinting just right you could practically see the evil radiating from its eyes.

The cadet branches of Santhe and Sienar had always been... at odds with each other.

Oh, if existential threats existed (and they always did) ranks were closed immediately, but once that was over? Petty squabbles were the height of the day. Sasha and him managed to avoid most of that, but tension would always remain he wagered. That's what happened when both your parents tried to marry you off on one another. Thank Xim that I dodged that blaster bolt. Being married to Sasha seemed to be similar to marrying a bantha with a viper's head.

It made more sense, if you knew Sasha.

A few moments later Alec managed to get on top of the creature and they were bopping down the path. Comfort was a different thing though- he was used to horses, the way they galloped and his body was accustomed to that. But... this? It seemed as if every step the camel was taking, it was just about to fall on its face and even the saddle it was like a piston was throwing a punch at him every time. "This." Ow. "Is." Ow ow. "not like a horse at allllll." Ow, ow, ow.

Eventually he got used to it- finding a sort of rhythm between the flopping and managing to avoid the brunt of the free fall every flop.

Of course, the moment it became bearable the journey was already over and they had arrived at the dig site. Typical. "Well, I am sure going back will be more pleasant." He managed to climb off the camel and Alec almost thought the animal was sending him an evil grin. Definitely a Sasha. But the pain around his thighs and arse and... other parts were enough for him to refocus on that.

It took all his imperial training not to whine about it and instead walk on over to Natasi. "I see you went through it with grace and dignity, you can give me a few lessons how to ride those animals maybe."

skin, bone, and arrogance
"It's about finding the correct pace," Natasi said to [member="Alec Sienar"] as she stretched her back. "It's all in the hips, the natives say."

The complex being excavated was, according to research, some sort of royal temple and burial area. They weren't quite sure, yet, but that was their best guess based on what little they knew so far. An intern from the dig came up to meet them as Natasi straightened her hat. He explained the dig, pointing out the relevant structures and dig sites, and they strolled along the sand path towards the central structure. "The exterior structure is reminiscent of the royal palace structure from the dig -- main structure in the center, with flanking buildings. There would have been wooden palisades along the exterior here, connecting these stone right-angle towers and forming a defensive perimeter. And we've discovered a pair of pools here. But the glyphs I'm about to show you are distinctly religious in nature, according to Dr. Saint George's research, so -- "

His voice trailed off as he stopped to pick up a pair of glowlamps from the tent near the entrance to the large building.

They walked along a suspended walkway. "There would have been a stone walk here, but seismic activity destroyed it. You can see some of the supporting columns beneath us. We erected this rope and plank bridge to allow access to the central hall." The intern continued to yammer on, only breaking off when a shriek pierced the air, and the intern turned in time to see a speck of golden light disappearing into the darkness, along with the Grand Moff. He gulped until a moment later there was a splash, cutting off the scream.

"Not to worry," said the intern to Alec. "It's only about three stories. It's just, ah -- we don't have the technology to get down there. I'll have to go back to base." He cleared his throat and cupped his hands over his mouth to shout: "Your Excellency? Are you all right?"

There was a pause, then Natasi called back, her voice faint and echoing off the walls. "Please tell me this is water I've fallen into!"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

More often than not Alec explored tombs that hadn't been discovered yet.

Dangerous, but oh so exciting.

It was interesting to explore it from a different angle though. The more civilized one, where danger had been pushed away in the favor of rich information and a tour guided by experienced hands. Alec could enjoy, for sure. Maybe not a thing he'd be doing often in favor of the more wild trips he did. But... sometimes some variation wasn't a bad thing in his opinion.

Then a scream.

Alec blinked, turned around and suddenly... there was no Grand Moff next to him anymore. "Wha-" He looked down to the Natasi-shaped hole in the bridge and cursed just a bit.

Tal's gonna kill me.

"Okay, if she can worry about the water, she is probably fine." Alec mumbled over to the attendant. "...I am not leaving the Grand Moff in the hole. Are you crazy? Get me some rope and I will handle this." These people. What kind of equipment did they need? This was- he looked down and noticed just how deep it was. Three stores, not that deep, but it was dark too.

No, doesn't matter. Tal is going to kill me.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Breathless from the shock of the fall and impact into the pool of stagnant water, Natasi shakily swam to the edge of the pool. clutching at the rough bricks forming the perimeter of the pool. The sound of the guide's call seemed impossibly far away, and for a moment she thought she might be dead and experiencing echoes from her life. But no; she felt everything, from the bruising on her back to the ache of her lungs as she struggled to catch her breath. After a moment, she called: "Please tell me this is water I've fallen into!" It was ridiculous, of course, but it was the only thing that came to mind.

As the conversation on the bridge support continued, Natasi felt something brush against her leg, and turned to see something long and muscular brush past her in the murky water. She screamed, her voice echoing off the walls of the chamber and back up to the men above. The screaming continued as she struggled to pull herself out of the pool, and only stopped when the Grand Moff was fully on dry land again, though she backed warily away from the pool, expecting at any moment for some mythical creature to leap out after her.

"Get me out of here!" she shouted up to the men.

[member="Alec Sienar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom