Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanna Take A Chance?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
H A L M
N E W H E L I O P O L I S
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

It wasn't supposed to be this awkward.

The idea had been a good one - Talbot and him, Natasi and his niece, together on a much-needed vacation at Fortan's villa on Halm after the work and stress of Qeravert IV. That wasn't how it turned out to be, of course. For some reason even the best of plans had a tendency to collapse in on itself when it was least convenient. Instead... Talbot had been delayed by some pressing emergency at his charity organization and his niece had felt ill, deciding to stay back on Lianna.

That meant they were alone.

Just the two of them and a gaggle of employees that were of no assistance of making this situation less awkward. Even now, as he slowly munched on his steak as they sat in the dining room, Alec wasn't entirely sure what to say.

"The food is lovely, Natasi." Sienar commented to fill the silence after washing away some of it with the wine. Not a lie either, the steak had been exceptionally prepared. But it wasn't exactly the conversation-starter of the year either. It was strange. Usually Alec didn't have any issue to talk with people.

The charm turned on and the ladies swooned, while the gentlemen smirked.

But this was different.

This was Tal's wife, you weren't supposed to flirt or charm your best friend's wife. The fact that she drew his eye quite often wasn't helpful to push those instinctive reflexes down either.

"Tell me, how is it? Being considered the Mother of the Nation." Safe subject. Alec recalled just how enthusiastic she had been about it all those months ago on Lianna. She would start talking and Sienar could sit back, enjoy his wine and the soft trickle of awkwardness fading away.

Perfect.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Designer-Dining-Rooms-by-Jennifer-Worts-Design-Inc.-.jpg
Natasi rather had the sense that [member="Alec Sienar"] didn't much care for her.

It was natural, she thought as she looked at him across the long table in the dining room of her villa in New Heliopolis. After all, he was her husband's best friend, and wasn't it quintessential that one's best mate usually resented one's wife, who was seen as the reason that one couldn't go out on the lash anymore, or attend wild parties or lost weekends. There was a reason, perhaps, that wives were often referred to as "ball-and-chains" in traditional marriages.

He had never said anything unpleasant to her, never been anything but courteous. But he never seemed to be quite at ease with her. Even the compliment -- about the food -- seemed to be a little strained. Even still, she swallowed her bite of meat and dabbed her lips before offering a smile. "It's a local recipe," Natasi said, referring to the blend of spices that had marinated the bantha steaks. "I wouldn't normally spend a lot of energy incorporating local traditions and cultures, but -- " She rolled her neck as if to say who can say why " -- there's something about Halm -- about the people and the history and the culture -- that I just can't resist. It's endlessly fascinating to me."

She had hired locals to staff the house -- except her butler and ladies' maid, who traveled with her everywhere, and now her son's nanny -- in order to keep everything authentic, and with great effect, she thought.

"It's exhausting," Natasi answered, taking a sip of her wine. "To be fair, it was exhausting before I was an actual mother, but now it's just... apocalyptic, is the word that comes to mind. The more I try to delegate, the more it becomes clear that I cannot delegate. There is no one I can trust to do things just as I would have it done..." Her voice trailed off; she felt that she might be whining now, and quickly changed the subject: "What did you say your niece has come down with? I was sorry she couldn't come, we had such a nice time last time we met."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Not realizing it Alec had started to nod at her mention of the local traditions and culture.

"I know what you mean. It reminds me a touch of Tash-Taral." A tomb world hidden away in the Tingel Arm. When it had been discovered by the Levantines it had been the talk of the town for the adventurous spirits of Tion court life. Every young buck with a working rifle and a horde of retainers wanted to descend on it and just.... explore. Of course, few actually did once they heard of the dangers. But that had never truly stopped Alec when he had something in mind.

"The desert, the ancient structures, the cities, the people... there is just something... fetching about it, isn't there?" Then he realized how into it he must have seemed and chuckled softly. "Pardon," A sip from the wine to punctuate. "There is something about worlds like these that captures my imagination." He listened, this time suppressing the urge to nod along. Alec knew what she was experiencing. Truly. To be Sienar in the Tion Cluster was almost synonymous with being ruler.

People looked up to you for guidance, to see what you would do, before they mimicked.

But they also looked up to you to stumble. The Tionese were crafty, political creatures, they always looked for another angle. Tionese ways and Tionese Laws. "Sometimes delegation is the only way to remain sane in this business of empire building, Natasi, but I understand completely. It gets easier the longer you go on, that's all I can say." Well, that or you basically demolish yourself trying to keep every little thing in order by yourself.

Something told him that Tal wouldn't be happy about that.

"She was quite upset herself, I almost had to force her into quarantine." A joke, lips curled up in half a smile. "The flu- suffice it to say that one should not attempt to swim in the Northern regions without a nightcap to round it off."

"I agree," Natasi said as one of her footmen, a local boy named Ahmoud, stepped forward to refill her glass. "I feel there is a right way to go about it. It can be done without being patronizing or in some way co-opting the culture. Or at least, I think. Thank you," she murmured in an aside to Ahmoud, who bowed and circled the table to kill [member="Alec Sienar"]'s glass. "But yes, I find myself very drawn to the culture and, I don't mind saying, to the sun. There is a saying about Galidraanis -- that though we are effete, we're quite impervious to heat. It makes us natural candidates to take in worlds like these."

She lifted her water glass this time, recalling the importance of staying hydrated.

"In fact, Dr. Saint George has offered to open up one of the ruins outside the city to tour. I wasn't sure we'd want to go without a full party, but if you'd like we could go tomorrow." Natasi picked up her knife and work and began to cut another piece of her meat. "It's not suitable for the baby, but that's why God invented nannies," Natasi said with a smirk. "I'm not sure Talbot will mind; I'm afraid he's rather conventional that way as far as ancient cultures are concerned. If there's nothing to shoot or fish, he might as well be lost," she said with a smile.

"She'll have to come next time," said Natasi. "Or if she feels the sun might do her some good, I'm happy to give her the run of the place any time. There's usually a skeleton staff here at all times, but if she gives me some notice I can have the place opened for her and have a real staff on hand."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

A hand waved the issue away.

"I once dragged Tal to a tomb excavation in our youth, I love the man, but he complained about the dust and the sand, the air, the ground pressing down on us, we left early because he wasn't giving me any peace." He chuckled and it served as proof there was no resentment about it. Alec had simply gone the next day by himself, quite an enjoyable trip all things considered.

"So, I think that would be lovely."

It was only a brief thing, but their shared interest for these types of cultures made him more interested in getting to know Natasi. All Alec had to go off before were the stories told by Tal.

Nothing negative, of course.

But it was as Fortan had thought - with Talbot married off things were simply not the same anymore. Her presence only reminded him that at some point he, too, would need to start thinking of marriage. Of children, of settling down and making a life for himself outside of adventuring and businesses. It was sobering. Seeing your friends all grown-up and realizing you were still at the bottom of the curve in that regard.

"Once Talbot arrives I'd like to visit the city. Drink in the sights, maybe do some shopping around, I hear the bazaars here have delicious food vendors and the sort."

"Drink in the sights," Natasi said with a smirk. "I'm sure. Talbot knows all the best pubs in New Heliopolis. Should you get thirsty during your tours of the sights and shopping. Do you know, there's rather a magnificent rug dealer on the west side. So much of the wares you'd find in the general marketplace are -- well, cheap and rather ugly, but Mr. bin Rashir is a master craftsman. Actually there's a rather splendid carpet in the drawing room that was one of his. And fairly priced, too," Natasi explained. "The driver knows where, if you'd like to go when Talbot is here."

Natasi finished her bite of roast bantha and set her knife and fork down. Somewhere in the distance, she heard baby George begin to cry, and she turned her head, as if to prepare to stand, but a moment later his distant wailing stopped. Nanny Green must have been on hand to cuddle him. Natasi turned her attention back to the dinner service, where Ahmoud had begun to clear away her plate while another footman -- whose name Natasi didn't quite remember -- placed a large trifle at the center of the table, on a plate that was ringed by malban in different flavors -- by her estimation, it looked like pink rosewater, orange orange, and brown cinnamon.

"A little something for everyone," Natasi told [member="Alec Sienar"]. "Talbot doesn't care for Halm's desserts. It has to be some kind of pudding for him. I must admit that the malban is rather an acquired taste," she said, regarding the desserts curiously for a moment, before pushing the spoon over to Alec with the dessert plate and trifle dish. "After you."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

A grin was lured away from him by her implications.

"You wound me, I would never take your husband away for a night around town." The claim was made while he eyed the desert. It looked... colorful to say the least, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Alec enjoyed new experiences and this one truly seemed that, if anything. "Besides, he's getting older, I don't think he can keep up with the pace that we used to have."

Eyes shone at that.

It suggested, hinted at the shared history Tal and Alec had together. All the adventures they had gone through together and emerged (relatively) unscathed from on the other side.

"Alright, let's see what this is all about." Carefully Sienar started scooping up parts of it and depositing it in his plate. Enough to get a taste, but not enough that it would be a challenge to work it away if it ended up not sitting right with him. The first taste was careful, but the second one was already done with a touch more enthusiasm and the third one was actively engaged.

He started to nod, humming in satisfaction.

"Reminds me of something similar I tasted during one of my trips to Tash-Taral. This local village made it during their annual festival- it was much sweeter than this though and had less structure." Alec gave it another taste, before nodding. "I think I prefer this honestly."

"I know as a proper Galidraani lady, I should be rather partial to rosewater," Natasi said as the took the dessert plate back across the table and picking up the spoon. "But I can't seem to muster the enthusiasm. It always tastes like perfume to me -- and not necessarily the good kind." She scooped up a half measure of trifle, then selected one of the orange cubes of malban. She cut it in halves and popped one half in her mouth. It was a pleasant, citrusy flavor that went nicely with the jelly-like consistency of the dessert.

"For the record," she said once she had finished her first bite. "I didn't mean to insinuate that you would take Talbot away for a night on the town. Rather the opposite, in fact, I think my husband would take you away for a night on the town. He misses it, I think. I was never one for the party scene myself; cocktails at the Avalonia Grand Hotel, perhaps, but nothing loud or debauched. Perhaps he owes it to himself to let off some steam. It's not easy being him, after all."

She finished the malban and then set to work on the trifle, picking through the mess of cream and cake on the plate to find bits of fruit. "Where is Tash-Taral, anyway? Tell me more about it."

[member="Alec Sienar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

A more serious nod followed this time.

"I agree, I think it would do him some good." Detach a bit from his persona as the consort to the Mother and just be... Talbot for a night. It couldn't be easy for him and from the bits and pieces that Tal had shared with him... it wasn't. He kept it in for the most part, played the good husband and the responsible caretaker, but there were limits for a man who had been born and raised with the idea of ruling just to be subservient. Alec didn't think that was Natasi's doing, not exactly. She didn't seem to be the type to push people down just for the sake of it.

But expectations were a big thing and what the First Order needed was Fortan raised high and ruling.

That was a key piece of their stability. The idea that their rulers were just, firm and dedicated to the cause above everything else. "I will be sure not to run him ragged too much then."

A chuckle and then his eyes started gleaming again at the mention of Tash-Taral.

"It was discovered within the Tingel Arm, the Silver Jedi have - of course - stuck their little, greedy fingers in it as soon as possible. It's like... you can compare it to Korriban, but without millenia of scavengers picking it clean and swarming over it like fire-ants. It's wild, no one can truly control, every step there... you feel alive, the air feels different, the people are unbowed." The enthusiasm had caught him up, arms moving around to punctuate his sentences, hands making little gestures to underline certain sentiments.

"I think it's good to have places like that. It presents the opportunity to get in touch with our more... primal side, I suppose. Away from the bureaucracy, the itty-grit of society and all its trappings. What do you think?"

Natasi's nose wrinkled a little at the notion of a place being completely wild. "I don't know," she muttered thoughtfully. "On Galidraan, well -- for our sort, anywhere I suppose -- we're a sporting people. Lots of time spent out of doors -- shooting, stalking, hunting, fishing, riding. You know they say a Galidraani country woman must either ride horses, breed horses, or look like a horse to be considered a member of society. I do all three so I'm certifiable. But on Galidraan, especially where I grew up, I could walk three miles in any direction and find either a road, the estate of a neighbor, Herevan Hold, or a village. I'm not sure I like the idea of untamed wilderness and strange people as far as the eye can see."

She spooned another bite of trifle into her mouth and regarded [member="Alec Sienar"] thoughtfully, pausing to lick her lips of any lingering icing before continuing: "But it's fine for some, I gather. Talbot tells me stories of the great game hunts you went on in your youth. It sounds terrible to say that, when we're not, strictly speaking, very old." The Grand Moff pushed the remains of her dessert around her plate for a few moments more before taking another bite.

"At any rate, I am the head of one of the largest and most sophisticated and efficient bureaucracies in the Galaxy, and I am a member of capital-S society, so I'm not sure I can totally endorse your view," she said with a smirk.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

A light snort followed.

"If I didn't know any better I'd think you were fishing for a correction, Natasi." The smile put at ease that it was merely a joke as he chewed through another piece of sweet and hummed in satisfaction. "Talbot always had the eye for true beauty, believe me." That was as far as Alec could go without making this awkward. The last thing he needed was to create the impression he was hitting on his friend's wife.

That would be quite... something.

But the nod after that spoke of understanding. He hadn't been expecting an endorsement and in truth it wasn't something he would ever advertise out in the public. There was a time and place for the wilderness.

A place located far away from civilization, so it could not interfere with industry and society and the greatness of civilization.

A place where people could come and go if they wished.

"Neither would I expect you to, of course." He agreed out loud before sighing and pushing his plate away. It was good, but now Alec truly felt... stuffed. If Talbot had been around they'd retire to the study for some cigars and some good old fashion Corellian whiskey. But his friend still wasn't back. The thought that passed him after that made him smirk a bit.

"I do not suppose you would be interested in cigars and whiskey?"

For a brief moment, Natasi flashed to the first -- and last -- time she had tried a cigar. The small hours. The Imperial Suite of the Avalonia Grand Hotel. Wearing a bathrobe designed for a large man and smelling of his cologne. Exhausted. Exhilarated. Relieved to know, at long last, that one of her great tormentors was dead. Relieved to know that she could live again, love again, put aside the pain of grief and rejection if only for a few intoxicating hours and then, when she picked them up again, to find that they were less heavy, less painful.

It seemed an eternity ago, and still thinking of it made her heart seize painfully. Breaking in protocol, she pushed her chair back and stood, setting her napkin on the table. "I needn't tell you that the standard operating procedure would be for you to stay in here with the other men and drink brandy and talk business and politics -- subjects too coarse for a lady's ear -- whilst I retire to the drawing room for cordials and gossip with the ladies. But since it's only us, I suggest we go to the library, where, in addition to a beautiful view of the sunset over the river, we have all manner of diversions -- whiskey and cigars, gin and cigarettes chief among them."

She rounded the table and headed for the door. "I'm supposed to have given up cigarettes -- doctor's orders, particularly with a baby in the house, but I may indulge in a little whiskey." They entered the library, a plush room with leather chesterfields, a fireplace -- unlit, as it was still temperate during the day, though temperatures would plummet overnight -- and walls lined with shelves. She went to the bar and examined the decanters. "I think this one is whiskey. Do you take it with water? Soda? Ice?"

[member="Alec Sienar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Eyebrow rose.

"Neat, usually. Dreadful affair to dilute it with something else." He had settled himself next to one of the shelves that neighbored next to the window with its great view. "Tal and me consistently argued about that back in the day. Usually I'd win, once I brought out Lianna's finest." It was often said that the best whiskey came from Corellia. But that was simply people speaking without true experience or thought. After all, if Alec would ask them to name any other planet which produced good whiskey?

They would presumably come up short.

He settled himself down in one of the chairs and accepted the glass with a thankful nod, letting his hands warm the glass for a few moments first. Temperature was important as well. Many things to look out for when enjoying yourself.

"So, what do we talk of now?" Good-humored he said while leaning back, one leg crossed over the other. "As you say, the men would be talking of politics, business, far too coarse for a lady's ear." He raised the glass and let the aroma fill his nose with a content sigh.

"Jabiim Number 4? I wasn't aware they still made these."

"I don't think they do," Natasi said as she settled in an armchair opposite her guest. She tucked her ankles primly to one side and cradled the glass in her hand. "Talbot found a crate of it at an auction last year and bought it at once. I think it was something absurd like twenty thousand credits for eight bottles. But -- alas -- he doesn't question my clothing budget and I don't question his bar stocking budget. I take it with ice and a dash of soda, mainly because in college I drank too much straight, so a warm, straight whiskey makes me feel sick just remembering that night. And the days after." She suppressed a shudder and then raised her glass. "Your good health," she said before taking a sip from the glass.

"I suppose we could talk about the excursion tomorrow. We ought to get there quite early in the morning," she said, setting the glass down on the table. She pressed a hidden button on the coffee table. "The heat can be quite unbearable if we don't get under cover by 0900, and it's probably two hours' ride by camel from the outskirts of the city. The area is prone to sandstorms, so speeders tend to have their works gummed up. We only send ships if we must -- heavy equipment or emergency sitautions. You can ride, can't you?" she asked, studying [member="Alec Sienar"] across the coffee table.

Men of his class normally could; one couldn't foxhunt or play polo or race without knowing how to ride. "Camels are a little different from horses, but the translation is easy enough."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

"Truly? How scandalous." Alec retorted with a smirk and raising the glass in kind. "Yours as well, Natasi."

The first sip caused him to close his eyes. The trick to enjoying a good whiskey was to keep it in your mouth for a little while, let it swirl around, the burning fire touching everything before swallowing it. Much better than to just wolf it down like... vodka or something. Seemed like a waste. "Mm, glad you didn't question it, this is exquisite for sure."

Another taste later Alec nodded.

"I have been on a horse since I was old enough to walk- my dad always believed in the holy trinity of nobility." A light shrug of the shoulders, before he put away the glass and crossed one leg over the other and studied her. "Never tried a camel, I will admit, but I like trying out new things. So we will be fine I wager." The image of Natasi riding on a camel was amusing though.

Which did bring up a soft smile before picking the glass back up and taking another little sip.

"You sound like you have a lot of experience with this- have you been on these sort of expeditions often then?"

Natasi waggled her hand as if to say "so-so". "Not many, but a few here on Halm. The ancient civilizations that settled here before us are fascinating to learn about. They constructed great underground palaces for the sole purpose, as far as we can tell, of burying their dead rulers with lots of treasure. The one we've located now seems different, according to Dr. Saint George. Some of the glyphs on the antechamber seem to show a lightsaber, or a prototypical version of a lightsaber. They're not sure but they're treading carefully and giving it a lookover." She took another sip before setting the drink down on the table.

"Is that the time?" she glanced at her wristwatch. "I ought to look in on George and go to bed. It'll be time to go before we know it."

* * * * *​
The Grand Moff held her golden-haired son against her chest the next morning. He had woken early as Natasi got ready for the expedition. Natasi decided to let the nanny sleep and changed her son herself and rocked him back to sleep against her chest, his sweet-smelling head against her shoulder. As much as she hated to admit it, as career-focused as she was, she adored the little chap. He took after Talbot, of course. She didn't mind; she had played her part, and his face lit up whenever he saw his mother, just like hers did when seeing her son. She was grateful for a few extra minutes with him, even asleep, cradling his warm, soft body against hers until she heard the hall clock chiming.

Carefully, she laid George onto his mattress, pulling the small blanket up over his shoulder. He instantly grasped it and settled in, dead to the world. She touched his hair briefly, then straightened and turned away, smiling broadly as she made her way down the stairs. She was dressed in a pair of khaki pants, a lightweight white blouse and a jacket. It was still cool and dark, but later she would be glad of the canvas hat she had perched atop her chestnut locks. Their first leg of the journey would be by boat; Natasi's own yacht would take them upriver to a station nearer the ruins, where they would get camels.

Natasi poured herself a cup of tea and took a seat on the deck, enjoying the dark chill. The stars were still visible as the boat pulled away from its slip. "Do help yourself to whatever you find," Natasi called to Alec. She had selected a dense nutrition bar for the journey and hot tea, but there was cereal, sausage, bacon, toast, danishes, etc. Soon, the lights of the city faded, and only the dim light of the stars and the running lights of the yacht were to be seen, until the sun began to rise in the east to greet and warm them.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

White.

That is what you wanted to wear when the rays of the sun were biting and burning you up alive. White reflected, white pushed the heat away, he didn't particularly like the neutrality of it all. But that was besides the point, sometimes... you simply had to pick the option that worked. Rather than the one that was most pleasant on the eyes and even the soul.

"Oh, some toast would be quite fine, thank you." Alec called back over his shoulder while slowly busying himself with the prep work. He wasn't an especially good cook, but he could make do.

Eggs here, bacon there, some toast.

The easy things in life- the ones that kept you alive when you were off on missions and didn't have much in the way of ingredients. You only needed to slaughter a bantha once, before letting it roast on an open fire before you began to clamor for proper help and cooks. He deposited the toast on a plate and poured himself some good old fashion black caf.

The kind that would burn straight through the drowsiness- a sleepless night caused by a babe's tears would do that to a man. It reminded him why the prospect of marriage combined with the need for an heir was so daunting to him. "How is the little one, Natasi?" He asked, before taking the plate and cup, settling himself down opposite of her and crossing one leg over the other. It didn't take long before Alec pulled his sleeves up and turned them inside, letting them stick around his elbow for ease of eating and to cool a bit down.

"Got Tal's lungs, that one. That I can tell."

Natasi stirred her tea, enjoying the exotic aromas of the Halmian tea blend as it tickled her senses. She had poured in honey and plopped in a slice of lemon, as was her wont for the type of tea. She offered an awkwardly apologetic smile. "I am sorry," she said. "I try to keep visitors on the opposite side of the house because -- well, as you so aptly pointed out, he can scream when he's not best pleased. It's much easier at Number 10 and Foxfield, when you can put visitors at one end of the house and the nursery on the other, but the house in New Heliopolis is -- well, not small, obviously, but not like an estate." She allowed her voice to drop off uncertainly when she realized she was rambling, but a moment later she was smiling again.

"All mothers must say so, but he is rather sweet, isn't he?" she said, gazing longingly across the water. "I don't know that I ever fancied myself maternal beyond all that mother of the nation nonsense but something about having him just -- it works. George has made Talbot and I rather complete, I think," Natasi said finally. "I think everyone finds that something that completes their lives. Perhaps it's not a spouse and children for everyone." She smiled in a vague, fond kind of way. "It took Talbot wearing me down to realize that there was more to life than building an empire."

"His lungs and his sandy hair," Natasi confirmed. "You have no idea how sweet the sound is, to me. His lungs gave him the most tremendous trouble when he was first born. He stopped breathing twice during the first week of his life. It was as if the effort consumed him..." Her voice trailed off, and her eyebrows furrowed at the memory. "That he can scream at all is -- it's a relief. Sorry, I'm doing it again."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

He leaned back, stirring the caf absently while allowing her a moment to gush.

In truth Alec didn't mind- she was a pleasant enough partner in conversation and in truth she had surprised him immensely over the last couple of months. The public image Natasi portrayed was not at all the one she showed in private and comfort. It had taken a while, but the combination of Talbot and his own lack of pressure had eased her approach after a while. Alec hadn't expected the thoughtful woman full with worries and passion for the project carved out in the Unknown Regions.

There was a stillness in her approach, she knew what she had to do... and she did it, no matter if she enjoyed it or not.

"You love him, you love your nation, passion should not be apologized for, Natasi." Alec pointed out, before pulling the cup close to his lips and taking a measured sip from the caf. Eyes closed briefly and Sienar hummed in appreciation. "Mm, just right, yes."

The yacht glided through the water, a knife cutting through the water with no regard for anything trying to pull it back.

Much like him really, much like Natasi, similar in that regard Alec supposed. "Perhaps someday I will find a woman who is willing to put up with my antics." A shrug followed. The shine of the sun shimmered through the fabric above, for a moment it brushed the thin white scars almost faded through otherwise tanned skin. "Settle down. Have children. Build the prestige of Tion's bank and with it expand on the Tion Cluster itself, who knows? I might even have fun doing it."

That last bit a joke- it was clear that he did enjoy himself when conducting business.

It was just difficult for a man who enjoyed so much, to focus on so little at once.

"With those foolish Jedi finally clearing out of the place, perhaps there's hope for the Tionese people and way of life after all. I'll finally be able to spend Life Day and the New Year celebration on Galidraan after all these years," Natasi said pleasantly. "For the first time in a long time, I feel there might be hope for our people after all." She took another long gulp of her tea, and the engines of the yacht cut out. "Oh, we're almost there," said Natasi as she set her teacup down, then stood and went to the railing, leaning over. Tendrils of chestnut hair blew in the breeze as she watched the dock come into view. It was just a few moments later when the two disembarked.

The docking facility was rudimentary -- a duracrete pier with mooring posts for small boats and cargo barges. A member of the HRD was there to meet them, shaking hands with Natasi and then [member="Alec Sienar"] when she introduced them. "We've got the camels all ready for you, ma'am," he said. "Right this way." They passed through a small warehouse, nearly empty, and found three camels lazing on the sand outside. Natasi easily clambered aboard, giving her mount an affectionate scratch between the ears and then patted his neck. "You're all right, hm? Up we go." A few moments later, they were heading off across the desert, racing the rising sun towards the HRD's dig site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom