Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wait, You're Serious? [Connor/Kära]

Kyra had been called to the planet of Teth by one Kära Vi'dreya, claiming to have information on her family. She had identified her parents correctly, as well as their professions, which led her to believe the woman's words. And besides, Kyra was a nobody -- and nobodies didn't get contacted out of the blue. Trusting her gut instinct she in turn contacted her only real companion, @[member='Connor Harrison']. It would not do to go into this alone, after all.

Thus the pair had travelled via the Tarnished Bucket through space towards the beautiful realm of Teth. Even from space it took her breath away. Transmitting the codes down for access to Rahvin Industries' HQ, not upon Teth itself but instead its orbital Shipyards, she allowed her ship to descend into the hangar bay. "I don't know what we're expecting here" she confessed to her companion, "so be on your guard."

With that she ventured down from the vessel, where a landing party awaited...

--

Kära stood watching the vessel which had just landed, interest within her gaze. The sight of the young woman she had invited here brought an odd warmth to her otherwise icy heart. It had been too long since she had seen Kyra Sol and she doubted the girl would recognise her. They had both been children at the time, it was shortly before she had been taken by a vengeful group of Aquar. The Sols had been beside themselves, and it was not too long before Kära took her leave of their company to return to the Sith Empire.

"Welcome to Teth, Miss Sol" she said, her gaze roaming over the additional face. "And welcome to you also, Mister Harrison." Oh yes, that was right, she knew his name also. Kära had a web of lies and spies around herself... Shortly much of which would be in Kyra's possession. "Come, let us retire to more comfortable surroundings. Can I get either of you anything?"

Kyra merely shook her head, Kära noticed, while saying nothing. She was much akin to her Father in that respect... But did she likewise have his fiery temper? That remained to be seen.

Connor Harrison sat alongside the one person he trusted with his life; Kyra Sol. As she expertly piloted the ship towards Teth for reasons unknown, he was totally relaxed with her skills of flying. It seemed to come natural to her, and ever since he'd met her some 4 years ago rooting through a junkyard, her devotion and knowledge with tools and trinkets was beyond anything he'd seen before.

He studied the planet as they broke through, listening to her speak coolly and calmly. She touched down without a hiccup.

Following her down the ramp of her ship, he smiled. "Don't worry, I've got your back."

--

As soon as his feet touched the surface and his eyes locked on the young girl in front of them, Connor stopped and reached out to grab Krya in an instant.

"Kyra, stop." Connor hissed, but it was too late, she was already being greeted by the ghostly figure before them.

What made things worse, was this girl knew his name. That confirmed it. He stepped in front of Kyra and unhooked his lightsaber from his belt, firm in his right hand, thumb ready to activate the blue blade.

"You have seconds to tell me who you are and why you want us here."

Connor raised his left hand, remembering his Soresu.

"You are one of the Sith and have no business for any of our kind here." His eyes didn't leave her icy blue gaze. "Kyra I suggest we get out of here now."

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Kyra was halted by a grasp from Connor and his body infront of her own. "What the... Connor!" she said, shaking her head ever so slightly. He had become very protective as of late, in truth they were one anothers only real companions in the Galaxy so perhaps that factored into it. All the same this was not amusing. There were lots of stern looking guards dotted around the place. Leaning in she whispered "put that thing away, will you?" Her breathing was a little slower than usual. "You're going to get us both killed."

--

Kära, meanwhile, found the whole show amusing. Shaking her head she took one very slow step forward. "If I wanted either of you dead I would have shot your ship from the sky or had you assassinated." Her words were precise and to the point, if not a little belittling. "I assure you I wish neither of you harm; I'm here to speak to Kyra about her Legacy." Yeah, that's right, Kyra had a legacy which she was about to inherit... And she didn't need the likes of Connor ruining it. Kära wanted to be away from here sooner rather than later.

"Now, will you please follow me? This is going to be a tedious afternoon otherwise, and the lawyers won't appreciate having their time wasted."

[member="Connor Harrison"]

He felt the emotion bubbling away inside him. What did Kyra know she wasn't telling him?

"I assure you, don't underestimate my resolve, Sith. No-one, not even you, is truly invincible."

He turned to Kyra, a slight look of disappointment on his face as he clipped his lightsaber back to the left side of his belt.

"You and I need to talk later. I thought we were friends."

Connor stepped back out of her way and simply looked at the Sith. Not as much a look, but a steely resolve. Almost a challenge.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Heavy steps echoed through the hall, growing in volume as the giant dressed in black robes closed in on the newly arrived vessel. His Queen had not summoned him, nor was he aware of the nature of this arranged meeting between Lady Kyros and the two strangers; he merely felt his presence was needed, and now rushed to his master's side. The sight he came upon had some Jedi draw his weapon at his master. It was not something he would tolerate, from anyone. The Ashborn knew full-well Kära was more than capable to defend herself, yet he found himself compelled to fight for her, like he always would. She could scold him for it later, but there was nothing she could do at the moment to keep him from fullfilling his duty to her. One he relished accomplishing.

Still, his pace did not increase; it didn't need to. Rather than running like a madman to his master's side, he strode confidently up to her and the two strangers, putting himself in the way of the lightsaber threatening his Queen. Keeping a hand on his own weapon, he measured the man in front of him with slightly cocked head. "Drop. The weapon. Now." Simple enough for an imbecil to comprehend, yet his deep voice would lend itself to their meaning. This was not a two-time deal. He would gladly kill this runt-of-a-man should he not comply to his will.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Kyra Sol"]

Connors words hurt her more than she could fathom, her chest aching as he made a move to question their friendship. All she'd done was try to make sure they weren't killed... But then again, hadn't he done the same? Suddenly a flash of black appeared in the form of Sith Robes and her eyes widened. Oh dear, this was not going to end well. "He put it away" Kyra said, reaching back to grab Connors wrist. It was rare she'd resort to physical contact even where Connor was concerned but right now she needed some reassurance and comfort, plus it didn't hurt to keep this from escalating into violence.

--

Kära tutted and stepped to the side of the Ashborn. "Now now we are not here to fight. Thyrian, I thought I left you training the Bladeborn?" Shaking her head she sighed softly. "Not to matter, come along they're waiting." Turning on her heels she fully expected them all to follow, although part of her wished Thyrian had not appeared... There were matters at stake here that he would be unhappy about. She could not be dealing with a double homicide right now.

--

Turning her gaze to Connor briefly, Kyra made to follow after Kära as she led them away. "We'll get through this" she whispered, although her heart was thumping harshly in her chest. Still she clutched at Connors wrist. Oh how she hoped everything would be okay...

[member="Thyrian Ashborn"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

The site of the tall giant of a man shook Connor to say the least. He hadn't come across one Sith like this, let alone two. Just how many more of them were there? He would need to remember this place if he was to do something about it.

He swallowed softly and flicked his eyes up to Thyrian; he looked angry, sore and dangerous.

And then he felt Kyra grasp his wrist, and it soothed him. It helped calm him and reassure him he was not alone. He turned to her face, alive with hope and a trace of excitement and worry pulsing from her, and he nodded.

"It'll be alright. Trust me. Go on."

Guiding her softly forward to follow the Sith, he in turn followed Kyra, stopping for a moment to look up at Thryian.He could feel the darkness inside this warrior, and his face painted a thousand pictures of war, hatred and loss. Dangerous emotions make a dangerous man.

"Go back to your training old man." He whispered, passing him by.

Discipline, Connor. Discipline.

[member="Kyra Sol"] [member="Thyrian Ashborn"]

He looked to his master, inclining his head slightly. "You did, Master. Forgive my rash actions. But when someone comes into her home and threatens my Queen, I will be the one to stand between her and the blade." This was his answer to the woman he loved, and they rang true in his ears as he spoke them. Turning back to the man who'd dared to threaten the Sith Lady, he made a snarl at the remark Connor made. Nothing more. He would not go against his Queen's wishes and begin to bash the man's brains in, no matter how much he ached to do just that.

He would follow her for now, until ordered otherwise. He did not trust these strangers, to put it lightly. Yet, he couldn't help but feel left out whenever his master would make plans in the dark, or meet with such people as these before him. It made him feel uneasy, as if something was about to happen. Something he could not control, or keep his Snowflake safe from.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Kyra Sol"]

Kyra kept a very tight hold of Connor's wrist as they were led into a board room. His words did help a little, but the presence of the giant and the Sith and then the lawyers set her mind into chaos mode. What the kriff was she here for? "Look, if somethin' happened then it wasn't me, alright? I'm straight and clean as can be, so..."

---

Kära laughed and raised a hand, shaking her head. "Nothing like that." Her gaze turned across to the Ashborn, a very tender frown upon her lips. This was going to be tough but she needed him out of the way. He could not know what she had planned. "Thyrian, I need you to go and see to a fresh wave of Bladeborn recruits." She waited for Thyrian to be out of the way, it would not do to keep him around for this.

--

Kyra turned to look back at Connor, a questioning look in her eyes. "You any clue what this is about?" she mouthed, oblivious to the fact that Kära knew precisely what was being said.

Thyrian followed the party-of-three into the board room, bringing up the rear. As he was about to step inside, he was halted in his tracks by the words spoken by his beloved Queen. She seemed... distant. He noticed the small frown upon her face, and having spent every moment by her side for over a decade made him painfully aware of every hint of whatever mood she was in. Even so, he would follow her command. The Bladeborn had been gathered in the training hall, awaiting his fierce training regime once more, as they always would. Thyrian managed to shake the feeling that something was amiss, and made a gracious bow towards his master, keeping his gaze upon hers. "I shall as you ask, my Queen. I always will."

For what seemed like an eternity in his mind, he couldn't bare to break eye-contact with Kära, who seemed inclined on waiting to initiate her buisness with these two strangers until he had disappeared from the room. He did not know why, but leaving her sight this one time felt heartbreaking. Eventually he began to turn away and step out the door, but not before he was able to offer his beloved the hint of a smile - a rare thing to come from him. The moment didn't last long, as his smile turned into a frown once he finally left the room. "I will wait for you, my Snowflake. For an eternity, if need be", he whispered into her mind. He'd been studying the art of Telepathy lately, and this had been his first time demonstrating his newly-found talent to his master. "Death's halls have no place for me, after all..."

[member="Kyra Sol"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor stood tall and strong, representing an Order that this Sith was so set against, but also to be a protector to Kyra, his dear friend, were she in danger. They were both young and from different worlds, different lifestyles, but he cared for her a great deal and would make sure nothing and no one hurt her.

And if they did, then he wouldn't stop until they knew the consequences of their actions.

The Silver Jedi watched the hulking figure of Thyrian in conversation with the Sith and then leave. Leave, maybe, but nothing was to say he could be outside, or sabotaging their ship. He kept his Force awareness high as best he could, but nothing came to him. He was in a room awash with darkness and his young, inexperience mind wouldn't be able to break it.

He held Kyra's wrist gently as she did his and looked at her.

"I have no idea. No idea at all. I can't see the link between what the Sith want you for. I just hope there's nothing sinister behind it to have us in the same place at the same time."

His eyes moved up to the Sith, this "Queen", now looking at them both, and was well aware she knew what he was saying.

"She's nothing more than a child herself. Don't be scared. I've got your back."

Connor brought his head back from Kyra and stepped back. The Sith's heavy had backed away, and so Connor did the same. This wasn't his time.

Kyra watched as the giant just stood by and did as the small woman asked. Wow, that was some subservience. It made her wonder how much he was being paid, or how good the health care was around these parts. She mentally shrugged, it was of no matter to her. Her hand tensed around Connor's when he tried to step away from her, keeping him close without seeming cowardly. She simply enjoyed his presence. "Look Miss..? Whatever your name is, I think you got the wrong lass here. My friend and me are gonna go now, alright? We don't want no trouble."

--

Kyros cringed somewhat to the unarticulated words of the woman before her. Part of her wished it was not so, but she remembered the sad tale of what had happened to two of the Sol children, Levia and Kyra, and figured it was a byproduct of such. No matter, it wasn't the words which mattered but her ability to adjust and work hard. "Vi'dreya. And I assure you, you're the right person. Now, please... Have a seat so that we might discuss the terms of your inheritance, Miss Sol. You have quite the legacy to uphold from here on out." Behind her the lawyers were beginning to grow restless, coughing into their hands. One even went so far as to mutter something about 'ignorant children', looking right at Kyra as he did so. "That is enough" the Sith spoke, quietly yet instilling fear in the men all the same. Not a sound was made from them from that moment on.

--

Kyra stepped forwards, dragging Connor with her inadvertently, and settled into the offered seat across from the lawyers. She watched as the woman sat in the middle of the group of men, directly across from her, and settled her hands upon her lap. Contrasting this Kyra propped her elbow up onto the arm of the chair and leaned her cheek onto her hand. "I'm listenin'" she said, brows creased into a frown.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Thyrian Ashborn"]

Kyra's fingers gripped his and immediately halted him from moving back further. He squeezed her hand gently and followed her to the seats in front of the imposing faces of the Sith and her hound-dogs.

Connor scanned the room with his eyes in one clean sweep and sat beside Kyra, waiting for whatever was to happen to begin.

He really didn't trust the Sith at all - why did she want Kyra here at all? What link could she possibly have for a Sith?

He had a bad feeling about this.

"Miss Sol, I will not bore you with the details but once -- long ago -- I was a naive child, ignorant of the Force's plans for me. I fled my purpose and found a place in this world that I could feel remotely safe for once. While it did not last very long the memory has long since stuck with me. You were a babe at the time, barely even walking..." Shaking her head the Sith woman frowned. "I found in your parents a kindness unlike any other -- and while I do not owe it to them I find myself in a conundrum. I have no viable heir to my legacy through blood; my brother is far too young to take on the responsibility. Thus I sought you out. Kindness is not a virtue I usually admire, but without your parents, your family, I would not be where I am today. Thus my estate and possessions are yours to do with as you please. All I ask is that you keep my company afloat -- your company -- and ever rising. There are a few ties you need to make of your own accord, with a certain Jorus Merrill of Silk Holdings, Thyrian Ashborn -- who you just met -- well, there is a list for you, anyway."

She reached a hand down and pushed a datapad towards the girl. "This has an inventory of all you now own, a list of individuals you will need to contact in order to keep business running smoothly, abodes which are now your own and, of course, there is the army which you need to oversee. Well, Thyrian can oversee them but they are yours all the sam--"

--

Kyra began to laugh. She could not help herself, this entire situation was hilarious. Her breathing caught in her throat, face reddening as tears streamed down her face. She looked at the list and laughed even more. "Okay, Lady, okay... Good one, you almost had me for a moment... 5,000 tonnes of Phrik? Of Cortosis? HA." She pushed the list over to Connor, wiping tears from her eyes. "Seriously, though, do you take me for a fool?"

--

Kyros was anything but amused, yet oddly she did not feel angry towards the girls dismissal and humour. After all she had just thrown such a huge bombshell at an impressionable young lady. "Calm yourself. I assure you that this is no joke. Now, I have a team on hand waiting for you to catch you up to speed with the business, with the Legion and the Bladeborn... The Shadow Guard will be passed onto another but the rest is yours. I trust the young man beside you can be of assistance, also." She knew that saying more would only add fuel to the fire, and thus decided to let the experts get ontop of the situation. "I need you to sign these documents, to confer legal ownership to yourself with my blessing. And then I have one last gift for you." Truth be told the Shadow Queen just wanted to be gone already, she had too much planned and not enough time. Thyrian would not be happy.

--

She looked at Connor, her mouth agape with uncertainty. Kyra needed some sort of reassurance... Just what was going on here? She swallowed, her throat dry and her hands clammy. "I don't understand" she finally confessed, but the woman simply directed her attention back to the documents. "Please sign, Miss Sol" one of the Lawyers carefully instructed, "and then we shall take you into the next room; there is someone in there you may wish to see." But Kyra couldn't do anything without Connor's blessing, not something of this size... What if it changed their lives too drastically? "Connor..." she whispered, practically pleading with her only true companion in this Galaxy.

Connor sat, listened and shook his head slowly.

Just what sort of dream was this? A Sith handing over an Empire to a greaser?

He couldn't read this Vi'dreya girl at all; she was powerful, and surrounded by forces stronger than Connor had ever encountered, but at the same time he couldn't detect danger or any deception around them.

He looked to Kyra, her face a mix of confusion and amusement, the datapad now before him. He turned to the lawyers.

"Hold your tongue, Sith. You don't dump this on her and expect a signature in blood do you?"

With venom in his voice, he turned back to Kyra and bit his bottom lip.

"Kai, do you any memory of this girl or her links to your family? I can't detect any deception in her voice at all."

His hand patted her knee gently as he stood.

"If this...deal...is so important to you, then I think you need to show your clear intentions before we sign anything."

Back to the lawyers; his stare cool and hard.

"How about you show us this figure you want her to meet first, and then if we like whwhat see, then you may have her signature. And that is a big MAY."

Now to Vi'dreya.

"I warn you, should you try anything than I will not hesitate to cut you down where you stand."

His voice was firm, and his intention was never more ready to protect his friend with his own life.

"They are no Sith" the Sith Lord enticed, shaking her head slowly. A low sigh escaped her lips before she rose from the chair, nodding her head towards the door and the guards posted there. "Bring her in." If Kyros wanted this to be officialised so that she could leave to carry out her plans then she had to give them a little leg room where the process was concerned.

The doors opened slowly, creaking as they did so, while a young girl found herself ushered through the doorway; she was clad in a miniature flight-suit and couldn't have been more than thirteen years old. Her eyes were glowering purple in the dim-light but everything about her should have screamed familiarity. After all, the Sol's were close knitted in appearance.

"Come here please, [member='Jyn Sol']"

--

Kyra watched with wide eyes when Connor took the protective role; it felt good to have someone caring enough to watch her back, that wasn't something she had experienced before. And it even got them precisely what he wanted, which proved to be an added bonus. "It's okay" she whispered to Connor as they waited for the doors to open. "I don't remember her, but I was so young back then..." And then the child stepped through the door and she fell silent. There was something about her... Something she couldn't quite place.

And then the Sith Lady mentioned her name.

She was a Sol.

Since when did a Sith ever speak the truth anyway?

Regardless of what Vi'dreya spoke of, Connor didn't trust her and rose as the door opened at the head of the room, his hand moving to the hilt of his lightsaber in a reflex action against any hostility.

Instead, a child was stood there. Very small, and looking very bewildered and, strangely, at great ease being around people such as the Sith.

Jyn Sol...

Connor suddenly felt like the room froze in time. Another Sol?

Krya was the only Sol he knew, but now the Sith had produced a child bearing her name. It didn't feel right.

"Kai...who is that...?" A whisper left his lips, wary of a dangerous Force vision.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Darkness played within her mind, impenetrable to her closed eyes. A warmth washed over her, as if she had immersed herself into a tub of hot bathing water following a long and eventful day. There was no expression upon her face, no movement from her body save the slow and steady rising of her chest which vanished mere moments later as she exhaled. And then the darkness too fell away to reveal a satisfying nothingness.

Then her presence in the Force vanished.

For once it lingered, this liberating sensation of being and nothingness, her focus upheld despite her very slight awareness of her success. Yet [member='Tirdarius'] was nowhere to be seen, he would not witness her final trust in the Force, her ability to let it gain a certain control over her. Symbiosis at its best. The thought of her Master, however, snapped her focus from her and brought her mind back to its usual chaos. Or... Wait, it was something else.

Knock, knock, knock... KNOCK.

The sound was getting louder until she could bear it no longer. Her eyes snapped open to find her room coming into focus. Letting herself adjust for a moment, her head spinning somewhat after such a swift removal from a meditative state, she began to rise up. "Miss Sol, will you please answer the door!" came an infuriated voice from the other side of the door. How long had someone been waiting for her? Jyn could not say.

Hurrying across to the door she permitted it to open with a touch of the access panel. On the other side stood two of Lady Kyros' Shadow Guard. "W-What... What's going on?" she asked as one of the men stepped forward and directed her, with a movement of his hand, to follow. He did not reply, however, and the little girl found herself led through the bunker of Teth in silence. Her mind raced: had something happened? And where was her Master?

These are Her personal guard! Why are they here? Where are they taking me? I knew I shouldn't learn to trust a Sith! Racing, racing, racing, her mind would not stop the chaotic thoughts. What would Tirdarius do? Well for one, he would calm and quieten his mind. This Kyros was a mentalist, of that she was certain. She would be able to read Jyn's mind as effortlessly as her Master could. The thought terrified her, but it also set within her a determination.

Jyn had yet to complete the immersion technique while moving, much less under such stressful situations, and nor was she aiming to do so now... But the technique she used to quieten her mind enough to focus would be of use to her. Thus she did her best to free her mind of all thoughts. "Your thoughts betray you, young one" came a voice, and for a moment she thought it was Tirdarius; they were the kind of words he'd be using, after all...

And then she could see her, the Lady Kyros, Queen of the Shadows as many had dubbed her. A former Sith Lord of the Empire, an Oligarch of the Sith Order and Founder of Rahvin Industries... Jyn felt weak-kneed, she had yet to come into true contact with this woman. "Where is Tirdarius?" the child inquired, mustering up as much strength of voice as she could. She would not allow a woman as little as Kära to terrify her.

The woman tssk'd, "You should show your Master the respect he deserves, child, and not use his name in such a way..." But the moment was brushed over with a shake of her head. "Tirdarius is elsewhere, and you are here. Walk with me." That was a polite way of telling her to hush, she knew, but she was powerless in the face of such a person, especially without her Master's strength to aid her. Thus she began the long walk alongside the Lady Vi'dreya.

When they boarded a vessel, however, Jyn began to frown. She did not trust this one bit. "All will be made clear soon enough. Please, sit. We will arrive shortly." Jyn complied. What else was she to do? I really hope that Tirdarius knows of this... But another thought came to mind also. She could not hide behind the shadow of her Master forever; she had to learn to make her own way, and that meant defending herself where necessary. She still had the weapons Eros had gifted her.

If Kyros had heard that in her thoughts then she did not show it.

When they reached the Shipyards Jyn was left alone in a room. She could hear nothing, nor had she any idea what could possibly be going on. It felt like hours had gone by before the door swung open and the guards beckoned her to the door. Her name was called and she took a timid step forward and into the room. "Lady Vi'dreya..." she said, her tone of voice confused. Why had she been brought here? It did not make sense.

"Jyn, this is Kyra Sol, and her companion Connor..." At the name Kyra the girl froze, her eyes widening as she looked across to the grease-covered woman. She almost cried, her eyes even watered a little, before she pulled in her restraints and her distrust spiked once again, causing a paranoid glance in Kyros' direction. "You mean my Sister?" she inquired; her parents had often spoken of their golden children, Levia and Kyra, who had been taken from them so young...

It had made her Father into the monster he was, but Jyn knew better than to blame the victims, one of which was now stood in the same room as her. "Kai?" she whimpered, using the name her parents had often referred to her as. "I don't understand..." Taking a step back the young girl's gaze swept across the room. "What is going on, why is Kyra here?" Calm, Jyn, calm... She was projecting her emotions again, Tirdarius would disapprove.

It was one of those situations where one wasn't sure how to react, especially if the ones at the centre were connected by blood. Connor was far removed from this reunion, and he hadn't hear Kai mention anyone by the name of Jyn.

He racked his brain quickly, but couldn't recall the name unless he had simply mis-heard her.

The girl was scared, and isolated. Connor picked up on her fragility through the Force, so she was one here out of her control of the power itself, for being surrounded by so much darkness would not be a choice of a girl as young as this.

He swallowed softly, eyes darting between Jyn, to Kai and then Vi'dreya, a satisfying smirk on her face which he would love to wipe off. Using emotion as a blackmailing tool was just what the Sith excelled in.

Connor stopped himself from saying anything, but he took one step forward and placed his hand gently on the back of Kai, enough so she knew he was there and she had his support at this important moment in her life.

Kyra was about to take on an Empire...and the future would be what she made of it.

[member="Jyn Sol"] [member="Kyra Sol"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom