Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle W50-MORAD "Chariot" MRAP (Mobile Air Defense Variant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Crossroads Defense Industries
  • Affiliation: Crossroads Republic Armed Forces
  • Model: W50-MORAD "Chariot" MRAP
  • Modularity: Yes
    • An adjustable plow for clearing roads
    • A mine-clearing roller on the front
    • An opposable articulating claw arm able to extend forward to deal with mines or IED's or even pull back a wounded soldier with the crew in the protection of their vehicle or if the target is beyond normal reach.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Super-Conductive Duraplast Armor (For heat dispersion), Titanium, Heat-Resistant Carbonite, Alusteel, High-Strength Rubber Polymers, Engine Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Wheeled Armoured Vehicle
  • Role: Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected Infantry Mobility Vehicle
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Armaments: High
  • Defenses: High
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low (Much more top heavy)
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Propulsion: Wheels (8x8 All-Terrain Independent Suspension)
  • Minimum Crew: 1
  • Optimal Crew: 2
  • Passenger Capacity: 2
  • Cargo Capacity: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Driver and Gunner Scanner Suite: High-Res/High-Zoom Visual, Thermal, IR, and UV scanners.
  • Proximity Detectors
  • Modular rear section for quick repairs of module changes at the motor pool.
  • Segmented wheels of alusteel and polymer construction with independent suspension and all-wheel drive systems (A pair of spares are carried on the back)
  • Remote-operated turret can be operated from the passenger seat in the cab.
  • Designed to carry after-production upgrades to armor and survivability add-ons. All CRAF-operated vehicles utilize these systems:
STRENGTHS
  • Can effectively engage enemy aircraft at long-range
  • Fairly easy vehicle to produce quickly and in large numbers.
  • Designed to survive in an urban environment.
  • Wheels do not become flat due to not being a soft cavity-type of wheel.
  • Standard field maintenance can be done rather easily.
  • Modular and one vehicle can perform multiple missions if the other modules are available.
WEAKNESSES
  • Has no anti-armor or anti-infantry capability.
  • Not designed to be a counter to armor.
  • Lightly-armored compared to true armored vehicles.
  • Slower than repulsorlift vehicles.
  • Rather bulky and tall compared to many repulsorlift vehicles.
  • Its engine does not allow it to tow larger vehicles than itself.
DESCRIPTION
Designed to counter the fact that Crossroads Prime's gravity and the artificial gravity of its colonies is quite heavy, and makes armored repulsorlift vehicles uneconomical and too slow and complex to maintain. So, the CRAF went with wheeled and tracked vehicles. This provided CRAF a unique capability to bring fast-moving armored vehicles alongside their infantry through their own and their enemy's shields with very little difficulty and to continue operations without having to re-strategize or re-prioritize. The Chariot is the latest of their wheeled mainline infantry mobility vehicles with an emphasis on mobility and ease of maintenance. This vehicle is so cheap, easy to make, and good at its job that the Crossroads Army has tens of millions of these vehicles, enough so that each infantry unit is fully motorized, with enough spare vehicles to replace heavy battlefield losses.

This variant is the primary means by which the Crossroads Republic Army imposes airspace denial upon its enemies by using batteries of six of these vehicles as mobile hunter-killer air defense. These vehicles' missiles are capable of engaging outside the stand-off range of most air-to-ground missiles and thus assist and denying enemy air support for their own ground troops. With these missiles these vehicles are highly qualified to do their jobs, however, they are highly-prized targets for enemy infiltrators and with their lack of self-defense weaponry aside from the personal weapons of their crews they are vulnerable. RPers are advised to guard these vehicles with their characters lives, or, if on the receiving end of their aerial denial effect, kill these things ASAP.

Last edited:
BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776 another really solid sub, and perfectly balanced. As with the parent sub for this, if you'll edit the modularity field to remove mention of the other variants, we'll get this approved in short order. The reason I'm asking for this edit is to prevent confusion by others on what this exactly can do.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
Gir Quee Gir Quee I kept the others to say that base chassis is identical across all the W50 family, and to take the different mission pods it just has to have it dropped in and I highlighted those pods to show that the bolded one was the subbed one. It made sense to be transparent about the different pods and the mine-roller attachment which can be added to any single variant.

With that explanation in mind is it necessary? I will do so if it is, but I just felt it helpful to explain the intention to be transparent to ant reading it.

BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776 I understand that the chassis of this is largely interchangeable between all of the models and it's a simple swap in-character.

However, from an Out of Character perspective, this is a reference document for other people to understand your submission. Some people might get confused in the modularity section as it is right now, thinking that they can add multiple modules at once. If something isn't immediately applicable to its use in the context of the submission, it is often times best to omit it.

You might say something like in the modularity field like "can be easily converted to MEDEVAC variant, etc" and then hyperlink to those specific submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom