- Intent: To Sub a unique weapon
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Particle Beam
- Manufacturer: Vanir Technologies
- Model: VT-Micro Particle Beam
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Modularity: No
- Material: Dallorian Alloy, Aurodium
- Classification: Starfighter Weapon
- Size: Average
- Weight: Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Dedicated Reactor
- Ammunition Capacity: Dedicated Reactor
Reload Speed: Very Slow
- Effective Range: Battlefield
- Rate of Fire: Very Low
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: High
- Adjustable Mount
- [+]Particle Beam: Designed by Vanir to be an effective ranged weapon for star-fighters, the Micro Particle Beam is designed to pack a punch to shields, hull, and anything else that might get in it's way. The powerful beam is capable of piercing and ripping apart things in it's path, dealing a significant amount of damage.
- [-]Thicc: The Micro Particle Beam is quite a large weapon for it's intended vessels, and it's design means that ships equipped with it will be slower and less maneuverable than similarly sized vessels.
- [-]Power Supply: Utilizing quite a bit of energy, the Micro Particle Beam requires a dedicated power supply. In simple terms, it means that during it's use a ships systems suffer significantly from it's use. The vessel slows to a crawl and it's shields become temporarily weakened, it's maneuverability is also cut quite a bit. This essentially makes the ship a sitting duck while the weapon is in use.
- [-]Placement Restriction: As one might expect from such a powerful weapon, the Micro Particle Beam requires that a ship is quite literally built around the gun itself. This means that any vessel who is equipped with this weapon needs to be constructed from the ground up to utilize it.
In it's early days, Vanir Technologies was a company that not only worked on the fringe of science, but also developing various attachments and modifications for starships.
Among these were such technologies as the VT-Particle Gatling, The Nerve Helm, and various others which have seen quite a bit of use by many other companies around the galaxy. Through these innovations Vanir Technologies managed to make a name for itself, and since then the company has expanded and continued to move into other markets.
However, it's original notoriety in the development of starship parts earned it some measure of renown among starship manufacturers.
Recently the company was contacted by famed Starfighter manufacturer Incom to produce two unique and powerful weapons for use within their Starfighter designs. These two weapons would be the VT-Gravity Pulse Cannon and the VT-Micro Particle Beam.
The second of these weapons, the Micro Particle Beam was a more long ranged option. Though less effective than it's close-range cousin, the Particle Beam was nevertheless designed to pack quite a punch. Functioning much like it's larger cousins, the Micro Particle Beam is effective against Shields, Hull, and pretty much everything else that crosses it's path. The weapon is designed to essentially be 'Artillery', and an equipped vessel shouldn't ever enter a dogfight with it.