Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Vox Populi mandate rebellion-eligible hexes

Bunker-level Normal
Vox Populi
Strength: This Major Faction may start Rebellions on any hex on the map as if it were a Minor Faction. Hexes won and adjacent to this Major Faction's Influence Cloud may be gained in this manner.
Weakness: This Major Faction may only start a Rebellion once every 30 days.

I'm asking for clarity on this one, the mandate suggests two conditions that, together, seem a little confusing to me.

With this mandate, a Major Faction may start Rebellions on:
  • Any hex
  • As if it were a Minor Faction

So does this mean that a Major with this mandate is restricted to starting only Rebellions that Minor Factions are eligible for? E.g.
  • Any Major Faction's 3rd dominion of the month
  • Any Junction
  • Any recalled Major Faction's cloud
  • Mandates "Grasp the Void" and "Rapid Expansion" Rebellion clauses

And for clarity, this does not mean a Major with this mandate may start Rebellions on literally any hex?

Also for clarity, this does not mean a Major with this mandate may join any in-progress Rebellions as a Minor Faction could?

I would be curious to find out as well, as if it is still restricted to rebellion targets eligible to a Minor Faction, it severely limits the strength almost to the point of uselessness. It would be too random to count on, and you'd almost never have a rebellion close enough to benefit from it at all, territory wise.

If that were the case, I think this Mandate will fall into complete disuse and would need to be replaced in the future like the old mandates

This Major Faction may start Rebellions on any hex on the map as if it were a Minor Faction.

Yes, it follows rules for Minor Factions starting Dominions. Yes, it may only start, it may not join Rebellions it didn't start.

It can still conduct Invasions normally, Dominions normally while also doing this, and has the furthest reach of any faction on the map. I don't believe it needs nerfing, but time will tell if it gets used.

Mandates that don't get used go in the Recycling Bin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom