Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Enclave

Vode An.

Share This Faction

Quick Overview

Category
Cultural
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Vote to go Minor

minorvote.png

I'M FREE

Suum ca'nara...

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to pay our respects...

Kidding!

In all seriousness though: We all knew this day would come. There has been long discussions on the faction staff team (including with The Quartermaster via email, so this decision is blessed by our original founder as well) we have decided to put up the vote for going minor.

The reasons are fairly simple. Enclave had its glory days (and we'll remember it fondly) and we had a good second oorah after The Poofening. We're proud of y'all and thank y'all for the long and winding road. But Enclave's story is pretty much done as far as Major and the map game goes. It can live on in smaller stories, but map game story coupled with decline in faction activity and us as staff being burnt out creatively have driven us to put up this vote now.

This is just us as staff's opinions so far, however, and y'all have a say in it too!

So what do you think? Should we go Minor or not?

If you do vote to remain a major faction, please feel free to shoot some new ideas either here along with your vote or on the Discord in our State of the Faction channel. The Discord channel will remain open for your perusal.

I need not remind you that only Enclave members can vote. If you haven't written Enclave for a hot minute now, though, please think twice before voting. If you do vote for staying major, please do dust off that T-visor, write with us again and share ideas.

Questions are also welcome, this is an open forum for y'all now. We've always been mostly transparent when discussing stuff regarding the faction with y'all, so that won't change now. Ask and we'll answer. This, however, is not the place to dig up old bones and have it break out in a brawl. Let's keep it civil and to the point. If you want to air grievances, my DMs are open both on the board and discord.

We urge everyone to think about it before you vote, as your vote will be final. If you want more clarification first before making your decision, please feel free to ask for it before casting your vote.

Voting will remain open until 29 February at 19:00 GMT.

Felt it appropriate to use my OG Enclave charrie for this.

I've been super inactive with site stuff simply because my work schedule has been so heavy that getting onto my phone or PC was too much of a task, let alone doing anything on either device.

But that doesn't mean I didn't want to partake in Enclave's mission.

I do feel that there's still one last round in the chamber for Enclave to release, to give it a send-off that will match the energy we brought to the table... but the activity speaks for itself. Enclave has run its course when it comes to the map game. Personally I think it was one hell of a course.

We still have the record of being the only faction to send a major faction to minor with one salvo of solar ion cannons. XD

But at the end of the day, we set out to accomplish a mission and I think its fair to say we accomplished that. That mission being to revive the Mandalorian side of the board, which as been a laughing stock for the most part on the board. Kiff did a fantastic job with making this faction and Ave strived to keep the faction alive for as long as it needed. It was never supposed to be a faction that would stagnate and sit on the map on life support for 7-10 business years. It has run its course, as much as it hurts to say it.

If majority votes to keep it Major I'll support the decision and I might even have an idea on how to wrap the story up with a neat bowtie.

But my personal vote is to take it minor. Let someone else take the mantle of the quintessential Mando faction, for good or bad.

TL;DR: I vote minor but if majority votes major, I'll go with that full throttle.

The Enclave has been a force to be reckoned with on the board for years and it will be a shame to see it go, but the writing has been on the wall for a little while. Better to go minor than drag it on for months more only for it to be forced on us at an undisclosed time in the future. I have been writing in Enclave for less time than the other staff but have enjoyed it and absolutely hope to continue writing Celt and keep the Saxon flame (and the enemy formations) burning even once the faction is removed from the map.

So my vote is minor, but like Shai said, if some crazy person with a dream thinks they can keep it alive then I'm all for it.

As long as we get a conclusion to our Crusade arc, I'm completely fine going minor. We've had a fantastic run, I was here for quite awhile. But now, there's hardly activity and we're struggling to keep the ball rolling. It was fun, but you can't force muse. I'll miss the Enclave and the fun we've had, and I look forward to any future stories Kestri will offer, even if as a minor faction.

My vote is to go minor.

I have not written long with the Mandalorian Enclave but the stories that you have written and the characters you have made for this faction are truly legendary. I believe the momentum can be restored given the right amount of reorganization but my vote would be to stay major.

If we are to go minor, I suppose we go out in one hell of a bang. Throw all of our resources and manpower into one hail marry against the Galactic Alliance. Not against Coruscant for example, but maybe Corellia or Alderaan for example.

Mandalorians should go down swinging.

To be honest my oc hasn’t been a member of the Enclave for quite some time and don’t know how I was tagged into this thread. That is why I won’t vote because it wouldn’t be right for me to do so.

Although there is just one favor I wish to ask as a former member. If you folks do intend to have the Enclave do one last major attack before going minor please don’t pick Alderaan. There plenty of other Alliance worlds to target.

Last edited:
sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
I will abstain from voting as I've been on break for quite some time. I wrote for the enclave in a recent junction but im not comfortable saying it counts.

I would however like to voice my support for going out with a bang if yall do go minor. I'm hoping to catch the thread if it drops

I'm torn on this. I wanna do major faction stuff and map stuff, but I know we don't need it, and it would be easier to have Minor stories. It's the same reason RTL is going minor.
I guess I have to consider that the only reason I have for staying major is a completely selfish one, I have to vote going minor. We can still do great stories without worrying about Dominions.

And there doesn't have to be a big bang where we purposefully lose. We can act like nothing's changed IC. We just wouldn't have to worry about the map. We can still do Skirmishes and such.

It'll still be a blast.

I will abstain from voting as I've been on break for quite some time. I wrote for the enclave in a recent junction but im not comfortable saying it counts.

I would however like to voice my support for going out with a bang if yall do go minor. I'm hoping to catch the thread if it drops
As someone who has been part of and has supported Enclave for the longest time, despite a lot of things, you have every right to vote - your voice as an OG Enclave member counts just as much. You writing with us in the junction absolutely counts. So feel free to cast a vote. Your opinion on this matter is greatly appreciated.

As long as we get a conclusion to our Crusade arc, I'm completely fine going minor. We've had a fantastic run, I was here for quite awhile. But now, there's hardly activity and we're struggling to keep the ball rolling. It was fun, but you can't force muse. I'll miss the Enclave and the fun we've had, and I look forward to any future stories Kestri will offer, even if as a minor faction.

My vote is to go minor.
As for this
I guess I have to consider that the only reason I have for staying major is a completely selfish one, I have to vote going minor. We can still do great stories without worrying about Dominions.

And there doesn't have to be a big bang where we purposefully lose. We can act like nothing's changed IC. We just wouldn't have to worry about the map. We can still do Skirmishes and such.

It'll still be a blast.
and this

Sahan's take on it sounds like a good one in my personal opinion. Nothing much has to change. If people are still willing to write and show up to stuff, we can still crusade - we just won't have an influence cloud to maintain should the outcome of this vote be for minor.

But the fact of the matter is - staff are also burnt out to keep thinking of stories and very little to no one shows up for it. So in the end, though going out with a bang or a big conclusion to crusading could make sense in theory - in reality we very honestly don't have the activity to pull it off. It's kind of why we had to put up this vote in the first place. Case in point - the show-up in the most recent Junction with the Sith Order.

With the very small group of Enclave writers that showed up - we can just as easily do a thread like that while not being major - for example like we once did with the Sith Order before they went major -they showed up in our dominions and stuff and we wrote very fun stories with them as well. So now the tables could be flipped - while minor, we can still show up in other factions' threads (obviously with permission) and continue the stories we had been writing and had been planning. We just won't have an influence cloud or the pressure of sufficient activity to stay major.

TLDR - Y'all are entitled to vote how ever way - I was just giving some clarification on stuff and a personal projection of how little things have to change IC.

To be honest my oc hasn’t been a member of the Enclave for quite some time and don’t know how I was tagged into this thread. That is why I won’t vote because it wouldn’t be right for me to do so.

Although there is just one favor I wish to ask as a former member. If you folks do intend to have the Enclave do one last major attack before going minor please don’t pick Alderaan. There plenty of other Alliance worlds to target.
Also, the fact that you got a notification is probably because you still have receive notifications for this group still turned on.

And honestly, I don't understand why that request came out of left field - even when we're not even interested in the planet and never were. Secondly - if, theoretically, we were interested and discussed it with GA staff and they were theoretically onboard - wouldn't it make for more interesting story for your character if her old comrades attacked a world she cared for? As such an attack would be story driven and with permission, not salt driven, so what would there be to fear?

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
After thinking about it all day, I'd say we still remain a major Faction. This RP will always need Mandalorians and the Enclave has provided some of the most fun RPing for Mandalorians in my time on this board. I don't mind either way, but I think there's still stuff left in the tank for the Enclave.

Also, the fact that you got a notification is probably because you still have receive notifications for this group still turned on.

And honestly, I don't understand why that request came out of left field - even when we're not even interested in the planet and never were. Secondly - if, theoretically, we were interested and discussed it with GA staff and they were theoretically onboard - wouldn't it make for more interesting story for your character if her old comrades attacked a world she cared for? As such an attack would be story driven and with permission, not salt driven, so what would there be to fear?

I see my apologies. I’ll send a dm to explain myself so not to interrupt this vote.

Last edited:
For me, I am not a super active member here but I did enjoy the faction and would love to keep the story going and progressing the presence of Mandalorians on the board. Which can be harder as a minor faction but I think it is better to drop to a minor faction while there is still a core writing base to write stories than drag the faction out and force it to linger to a slow death.

If the staff aren't feeling confident in maintaining the threads and posts to keep the faction worthy as a major faction then stepping back and building the story once again might be for the best. Stepping back in as a major faction when we all have the urge to bring Mandalorians back is not off the table.

So, long story short, my vote is to go minor.

I Want to Punch Your Throat
Though only a new member, I can appreciate the opinions of other more established members. For me, I am happy writing my first site mando whether the Enclave is major or minor. The factor I consider most is that of the well-being of the staff. They are the ones doing the work to keep the Enclave on the major board. They deserve a break from that work, especially when the return received is decreasing. Celt is right, its better to drop down when we still have some life, than to wait until we are pushed off.

I vote to go minor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom