Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote To Allow Characters To Choose Their Own Master Rank Titles

Do you think FU characters should be able to choose their own Master rank titles, same as with Knigh

• Total voters
They said giving people free Knight ranks would ruin everything, and we're still here.

They said giving people free Master rank titles would diminish the rank, and now we're voting on it.

Tef said "I've seen highly regarded Masters in the community eat Force-conjured black holes, and people dare to accuse the rank of being able to go any lower", and he still expects this vote to fail.

Arguments Against
-Will Diminish Masterhood
-People like to earn it
-Factions are already "top-heavy" as it is.
-People who want to play Masters are shallow.
-Staff should create a massive logistical system for tracking who has attained master in the past (and track changed names) and just allow people who have earned it before to have it again.
-I worked my way up to Master and so should everyone else.

Arguments For
+ Recycling happens anyways, most people including Staff know about it and allow it.
+ Site Owner has full confidence that though there will be an influx of Masters at first, the ranks will eventually balance themselves out because of the Snowflake* effect.

+ Staff shouldn't regulate FU Ranks, Factions should. Though they won't be able to moderate the ranks themselves, they can moderate what people/titles they allow in the Faction.
+ The move to allow Knights went well.
+ Tef created a whole bunch of workarounds for the rank promotion system anyways (appealing directly to Staff, getting capped, etc.)
+ The community has a good proven record of policing itself.

Snowflake Effect*: When a person does something special and then everyone else does it, so it is no longer special, causing that someone to want to do something different. ie, Natasi Fortan & Ra Vizsla made sick magazine covers and now the Blog section is ruined forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom