Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Voph's Legacy (Armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1d39e79e42a08045781063b99e6f5ca2.jpg

YSr56de.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To create a new suit of armor for Dorin forged during the events of the Silent War campaign. While the suit may not be created ICly for some time, I want to have the submission approved and standing by when the appropriate RP to forge the armor is completed.
Image Source: Armor || Cape
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Dorin Arkx (Forging), Unnamed Sith Lord (Schematics)
Affiliation: Dorin Arkx
Model: Designation: Legacy
Modularity: Yes, can mount Hard-Case backpack, multi-purpose shoulder mounts
Production: Unique
Material: Songsteel (Mantle, Shoulderplates), Beskar (Gauntlets, Breastplate, Boots, Thighs, Helmet), Electrical components (Helmet systems, Weapon systems), ArmorWeave (Undersuit), Gel Layer, Force Imbument (Detailed under Special Features), Dreamsilk (Cape), Adegan Crystals (Heels)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Multi-Purpose
Weight: Very Heavy
Resistances
  • - Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
  • - Kinetic: High
  • - Lightsabers: High
  • - Other: Ion, Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Force Imbuement: The Cape portion of the armor has been imbued with the Force to help prevent rips and tears. The cape is not intended to be worn in combat, so the imbuement is not particularly strong.
  • Helmet Ocular Package: While the helmet has no traditional face, the eyes of the helmet are able to tint according to light levels, to enhance Dorin's vision
  • Crystal implants: The armor has two crystals embedded in the heels, allowing energy-based Force Powers such as Force Lightning to be redirected and stored within the crystals, reducing their effectiveness.
  • Gel Layer: Redistributes impacts to reduce injury. Small, targeted impacts (Bullets, melee weapons, etc) will typically bypass this layer. Intended to cushion falls.
  • Weaponized Gauntlets: Utilizing the schematics found in his order's archives, Dorin installed an electronet launcher in the left gauntlet, and a wrist-vibroblade in the right.
  • Weapon Belt: The utility belt holds a collection of tools and grenades.
  • Hardcase Mount: The armor can mount a hard-case backpack between the shoulder pauldrons. While small, it still allows Dorin to bring supplies with him that normally would not fit on his belt. This mount can also be used for his sword sheath.
  • Shoulder Mounts: General purpose mounts, can be used for a variety of sword mounts, scanner/targeting mounts, com package mounts, ETC. Most commonly used to mount Dorin's sword, should he be utilizing the Hardcase, or to mount a cape in formal settings.
Strengths:
  • Songsteel Mantle: The amount of this material present in the armor is minimal at best, providing little more than a decorative design across the chest and shoulders. However, the metal is still resilient enough to defend against lightsaber slashes. The mantle bears an inscription. A song in an ancient dialect of Miralukese. It is only part of the song, but speaks of a Miralukan who felt the touch of the Dark Side, and died in his quest for redemption.
  • Beskar Plating: The beskar plating covering almost the entirety of the armor allows for nearly unparalleled defense against blasters, Lightsabers, and Kinetic attacks alike. However, the plating is geared more towards blasters and kinetics, moreso than lightsabers.
  • ArmorWeave Undersuit: Not particularly strong against focused attacks by sentient beings, it often helps against the beasts that Dorin frequently encounters in his line of work, adding to the kinetic resistance.
  • Integrated weapons: The Right gauntlet boasts a Vibroblade, which Dorin can use if disarmed.
  • Adegan Crystals: As stated above, the Crystals can contain and store Force Energy. This, however, is only useful against lightning in its various forms. It has no effect against other Force powers.
Weaknesses:
  • Heavy: It is only through Dorin's enhanced strength that he is able to don this suit of armor.
  • Ocular Suite: Though it is shielded the best it can be, any damage to the Ocular suite will temporarily blind Dorin
  • Sub-par Lightsaber defense: Though overall the armor boasts impressive Beskar Plating, it is lacking plating in various "high risk" areas, making the overall effectiveness against lightsabers moderate at best.
  • White Coloring: While the First Order and Galactic Empire used it as an intimidation tactic, Dorin uses it to stand out like a sore thumb. Particularly in dark places.
  • Critical Weak Points: The armor lacks plating at various points that could prove fatal against a skilled lightsaber duelist.
DESCRIPTION
Eons ago, a Sith Lord dedicated himself to creating the perfect suit of armor. Many believed him a fool when they saw the limitations and pitfalls of his design. He, however, persisted. Rumor spread that, in spite of its less than ideal design, he was undefeated in combat while wearing this armor. It saw many iterations and variations over the years, until the Sith's passing in 3630 BBY. Before his death, he passed his research and schematics along to his son, who archived them, believing the armor to not be worth pursuing.

In 834 ABY, Dorin discovered the schematics among the archives of his Order, and set out to construct the armor. His inexperience at the time resulted in a sub-par suit of armor, which he dubbed the Journeyman armor, later to be renamed the Exile Armor after the events of The Battle of Commenor. He never gained a chance to forge the armor as it was intended, but always kept in the back of his mind that he should pursue the venture at some point. Some time after his visit to Tatooine, seeking the Well of Souls, he was granted a vision from the Sith Lord that had designed the armor. In a moment of clarity, the spirit offered to help Dorin forge the armor, and guided him to the very same forge that he had used so many eons ago, located deep in the frozen wastelands of Rhen Var.

Dorin was on this planet for several days, accumulating the resources to forge the armor, and communing with the Force to strengthen his connection to the Spirit. When the time came, Dorin fell into a trance, and the spirit took control of his physical form, guiding his hands in crafting the armor. The spirit is ancient, however, so while the armor provides unparalleled defenses, it lacks the refinement of the last five thousand years of advancements, and is much heavier than a normal suit would be. When Dorin first donned the armor, he felt a sensation wash over him. The knowledge that he had truly taken up the mantle of an old champion of the Force, now destined to carry out his legacy. His path became clear, and his resolve was unbreakable. Whether or not he is able to accomplish this feat is another story entirely...

[member="Dorin Arkx"],

Give me some time for some research on the image you have, and I may find a link for you if your attempts are not fruitful.

Beskar was used specifically to defend against Lightsabers in many cases. Even one of the more well known weapons of the mandalorians, A Beskad, being made of the metal so they could literally go toe to toe against a force user in some cases. You mention in your strengths and weaknesses that it has high resilience, but then say it has little resistance to lightsabers?

I am not sure what you are going for her, but Beskar is considered a "Restricted Material" because it can withstand stupid high heats and plasma based weaponry. To put this in context, most Mandalorian armor can easily block lightsabers. And it is much thinner, and lighter than your armor... I am not sure how you are handwaving its weakness to lightsabers when every other canon source of it says otherwise.

Dorin Arkx said:
Crystal implants: The armor has two crystals embedded in the heels, allowing energy-based Force Powers such as Force Lightning to be redirected and stored within the crystals, reducing their effectiveness.
How exactly do these work? There are canon crystals that can do this same thing, and if you really wanted, you could remove the Force Imbuement, and replace it all with Sith Alchemy(Since your story is about a Sith specifically it would make more sense) and have it where the boots/grips can absorb lightning just like how a Sith Sword can?

Secondly, it would also give context to why your armor is so heavy, due to Sith Alchemy making objects more dense in the creation process.

Yeah, if you could find a link to the original artist that'd be awesome. I've looked on and off for the whole week, haven't been able to find anything.

Now, the Beskar is only listed as having average lightsaber defense because it's lacking a few critical parts. If you reference the image used, there's reduced plating around the elbows, backs of knees, and around the shoulders (and that little slit on the shin). In those cases, it's just Dorin's Armorweave undersuit protecting him, which has practically no lightsaber resistance. While this may not seem like much, do bear in mind that these are pretty critical spots that could (Read also, should) incapacitate the wearer if someone were to get a successful hit in. To my mind, this brings the overall defense down to average, as a skilled lightsaber wielder would be seeking to target those weak points anyway, which then technically makes it a no-resistance item. As for it being a restricted item, I didn't see it on the list provided HERE, so I'd be happy to change it if you need me to, but I'd like to know which list you're looking at and why it's not posted under the rules for restricted items.

As for the Crystals and Imbuement. The crystals work in conjunction with the gel layer/armor weave (offering a bit of insulation) to create a path of least resistance, allowing any incoming lightning to divert down to the crystals, rather than directly affecting the wearer. Now, at the voltages Lightning is reported to be at, the wearer is still gonna FEEL it, regardless of what defenses are put in place, but in this case it'd be reduced. If you need me to, I can add this fact to the list of weaknesses. And, if there's a specific crystal you have in mind, get me the link and I'll add it in. As for the force imbuement, if you checked the submission you'd see that the only portion of the armor that was imbued was the cape, and then only to strengthen the material against rips and tears. But, at the same time, the imbuement is not strong enough to withstand focused strikes, particularly not from lightsabers or swords (or claws). Effectively, it's a little bit of flavor text.

As for the Sith Alchemy idea, it's...not a bad one, but then Dorin doesn't know Sith Alchemy. Nor did the Sith that designed the armor in the first place. The reason that the armor is so heavy in spite of this is because of the method that the Sith creator used originally, as five thousand years ago, Beskar was quite rare, and forging techniques weren't as good as they are now. According to the player lore established at the time, Beskar was actually quite heavy when crafted at that time, and if Dorin is forging this under the guidance of a Sith Spirit who's never learned modern techniques, that would result in it being a bit on the heavy side. But, if you think it would make more sense, I can drop that down to an average or Heavy rating.

[member="Shaun Castanic"]

[member="Dorin Arkx"],

Dorin Arkx said:
Yeah, if you could find a link to the original artist that'd be awesome. I've looked on and off for the whole week, haven't been able to find anything.
In the time between our responses, I have not been able to find a suitable source other than many more pintrest links, or watpad links. Its very rare and as a last resort that we keep pintrest linked. I believe we can let it slide for now.

Dorin Arkx said:
Now, the Beskar is only listed as having average lightsaber defense because it's lacking a few critical parts. If you reference the image used, there's reduced plating around the elbows, backs of knees, and around the shoulders (and that little slit on the shin). In those cases, it's just Dorin's Armorweave undersuit protecting him, which has practically no lightsaber resistance. While this may not seem like much, do bear in mind that these are pretty critical spots that could (Read also, should) incapacitate the wearer if someone were to get a successful hit in. To my mind, this brings the overall defense down to average, as a skilled lightsaber wielder would be seeking to target those weak points anyway, which then technically makes it a no-resistance item.
I understand the sentiment. However, I will play devils advocate and easily say that you could move/sidestep/have your limb move to block such strikes very easily since you, the armor's wearer, know its weaknesses. When I judge a sub, its to find all of what the suit alone can do. If I took a lightsaber to any other part that was protected by the plates, then it would easily be able to defend it.

What you have, is heavy, and really resilient armor that could take a ton of blows, but the few weak spots you have can be exploited. I am not sure if what I am saying is making sense, but I am giving you a chance to up your lightsaber resistance from Average to High, and still keep the weakspots that you potentially have as a weakness. (which you can add in to the weakness section if you'd like.)

Dorin Arkx said:
As for it being a restricted item, I didn't see it on the list provided HERE, so I'd be happy to change it if you need me to, but I'd like to know which list you're looking at and why it's not posted under the rules for restricted items.
You are correct on this one. I am at fault as I last thought Beskar was on the list. That is my mistake. Thank you for the catch.

Dorin Arkx said:
As for the Crystals and Imbuement. The crystals work in conjunction with the gel layer/armor weave (offering a bit of insulation) to create a path of least resistance, allowing any incoming lightning to divert down to the crystals, rather than directly affecting the wearer. Now, at the voltages Lightning is reported to be at, the wearer is still gonna FEEL it, regardless of what defenses are put in place, but in this case it'd be reduced. If you need me to, I can add this fact to the list of weaknesses. And, if there's a specific crystal you have in mind, get me the link and I'll add it in.
I have the Adegan Crystals, which are a go to for any kind of Crystal related play, or you could use old game mechanics with the Luxum crystals as they could inhibit droids. (Yes, you can use both, one, the other, or none.) However, I will ask that yes, please add this in as it very clearly explains what the suit actually does and functions to protect the wearer.

Dorin Arkx said:
As for the Sith Alchemy idea, it's...not a bad one, but then Dorin doesn't know Sith Alchemy. Nor did the Sith that designed the armor in the first place. The reason that the armor is so heavy in spite of this is because of the method that the Sith creator used originally, as five thousand years ago, Beskar was quite rare, and forging techniques weren't as good as they are now. According to the player lore established at the time, Beskar was actually quite heavy when crafted at that time, and if Dorin is forging this under the guidance of a Sith Spirit who's never learned modern techniques, that would result in it being a bit on the heavy side. But, if you think it would make more sense, I can drop that down to an average or Heavy rating.
Good enough explanation for me. Older methods lead to slightly sloppy work which makes the armor slightly heavier. Go ahead and add it in the story somewhere that because they were older methods, its a little heavier than armors of the current day.

Once I get home, ill have a bit of time, so ill go make another round hunting for the picture source. I really do hope I find it cause whoever drew that did an awesome job.

Either way, ill make the recommended adjustments when I get home and have access to my full PC

.....I work in a grocery store, and its thanksgiving week. So yes, lets assume my mental capacity is below average for the time being. It's been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom