Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Volee Heavy Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a mainline carrier for Sable Interplanetary's Aroh Automated Starfighter, to form the backbone of it's defensive fleet.
  • Image Source: Mathis Original Modeler
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

3bd45910434a0ebae57744e9bae8ee53.jpg

The Volee Heavy Carrier from Sable Interplanetary
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sable Interplanetary
  • Affiliation: Sable Interplanetary
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: SIS-B3N7U5
  • Production: Limited
  • Material:
    • Quadanium Steel
    • Duramentium
    • Mirrsteel
    • Electrical Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Battlecruiser (Heavy Carrier)
  • Length: 3,000 meters
  • Width: 1,400 meters
  • Height: 375 meters
  • Armament: Average
    • {14} Tri-barreled Heavy Turbolaser Turrets
    • {16} Dual-barreled Medium Turbolaser Cannons
    • {4} Heavy Proton Torpedo Launch Tubes (10 Torpedoes each)
    • {64} Point-Defense Laser Cannons
    • {4} Tractor Beam Projectors
  • Defenses: High
    • Layered Duramentium Armor Plated Hull
    • Compound Deflector Shield Generators w/backup emitters
  • Hangar Space: Extreme: 30
  • Hangar Allocations:
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive: .85
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Life Support Systems
    • Environmental Generator
    • Artificial Gravity
  • Sensor Array & Tracking Systems
  • Fire Suppression, Hull Breach Ray Shielding, & Escape Pods
  • Fully Equipped Medbay & Droid Repair Foundry
  • Industry Standard Ion & Repulsor Engines
  • Hypermatter Reactor Core
  • Navicomputer Bank
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Quiver of Arrows: The Volee Heavy Carrier was designed for a sole purpose- to quickly deploy 600 Aroh Automated Starfighters into battle to protect the interests of Sable Interplanetary. It's very good at what it does, with hanger space being the foremost priority of its design.
  • Chatterbox: The Volee allows a sentient or tactical AI to communicate with and coordinate 600 automated droid fighters simultaneously and in real time. It does this through the unparalleled power of several linked multicore Verdant Mytag Transceivers.
  • Run Away!: An advanced hyperdrive enables the Volee to safely flee from an engagement that appears to be going poorly, without much fear of being caught in retreat.
WEAKNESSES
  • Sluggish Beast: The Volee is not a particularly fast or agile ship for its class, with little hope of outrunning midsized anti-capital ships.
  • Low Caliber: For a martial ship of its size, the Volee is not particularly impressive in its armament, and will be outgunned by a well-equipped fellow battlecruiser.
  • Open Door: The ship's open design in its center is a vulnerability where bombers or torpedoes are concerned. A direct hit could potentially destroy a squadron of undeployed fighters, or leave deployed fighters with no hanger to return to, effectively stranding them.
  • Catch My Breath: Thought the Volee's hyperdrive is impressive, at top speed it puts a marginal strain on the ship's hypermatter reactor. When coming out of hyperspace after a full-speed jump, processing power is reduced, and the number of Aroh Droid Fighters the ship's system can coordinate simultaneously is halved. This effect typically lasts a few hours after such a jump.
DESCRIPTION
A blaster pistol not secured to the hip by a well-made holster will do a gunfighter little good. For a quality weapon to be deployed effectively, it must be stored, transported, maintained, and kept at the ready with the same quality with which it was made. The Aroh Automated Starfighter is one such quality weapon, and now, from the Dreamers of Sable Interplanetary, comes the quiver made to transport these silver spears of light throughout the galaxy.

The Volee Heavy Carrier makes ample use of Sable's proprietary Verdant Mytag technology, allowing hundreds of fighters to move and fight as if they were a single organism. Supporting the droid fighters are 5 administrative Sable AIs, as a network of over 70 dedicated piloting AI systems survey and operate various ship systems to keep the Volee's performance optimal.

This communication center is protected by prodigious shielding and armor plating, and ferried by a highly advanced hyperdrive to wherever in the galaxy the enemies of progress might hide.

We believe prodigious defenses are necessary to safeguard our stakes and interests among the stars, because we bear more on our shoulders than the expectations and trust of investors and customers. We bear the story of those who challenge the edge of impossibility. We are Sable Interplanetary.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Osric Tev Sable Osric Tev Sable

I fond of the design!
  • Please delete your character name from the Affiliation's field. Individuals can hold only 500 metres ship, not 3.000 metres.
  • And please modify your strengths and weakness list according to this rule:
    Hyperdrive: (Does this ship have a hyperdrive? If this ship has a hyperdrive how fast is it? The lower the number, the faster the ship is, you may choose decimals. Any speed below 1.0 requires the hyperdrive to be added to the ship’s strengths and accordingly balanced with weaknesses. Links: Hyperdrive, Hyperdrive Comparisons)

MANIAC MANIAC Isn't it cool? I love this look too.

The name's been removed, this is meant to be a company ship, not a personal craft haha. Reading over the rule about hyperdrives, I'm unsure how best to comply, since the hyperdrive is already an item in the strengths list, and I've done my best to balance my strengths and weaknesses here. I've expanded a bit on one of my weaknesses to hopefully make it more impactful. Any suggestions of further changes you'd like to see?

MANIAC MANIAC

Oh, I gotcha! A weakness related to the hyperdrive itself, not just generally balancing out the ship. Makes sense! And that was a great idea, I've added a "Power Hunger" weakness with my own spin on it, relating it directly to the number of fighters the ship can deploy safely at once (its main purpose).

Thanks for helping me learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom