Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Void Stone - Round 2

There's been a large pushback from Tef and many others against the Void Stone objectives, and Valiens indicated the Factory folks would reexamine them. So let's get started.

Since my use of void stone is what prompted Cira to make Void Stone a restricted material, I thought it best to keep my own ideas out of things when we were brainstorming objectives, and just played cheerleader if an idea amused or interested me. This time around I'd like to make some proposals for replacement objectives.

Fundamentals:
  • Group activities (meet up, escape, etc.) have seen good success as restricted material objectives. Out of the currently posted objectives, they're more likely than most to spur quality collaborative stories. They are also endlessly repeatable.
  • Mining-type objectives are always popular and can be repeated/adapted in a variety of ways.

IC Rationale:
  • All Void Stone comes from Otherspace.
  • Charon/Otherspace influence has been noted on a small handful of worlds in canon and on Chaos. Kayri III (just Kayri on our map) was a Charon colony and first had void stone; Elrood had a minor Otherspace incident during Dark Harvest; and on Caeliar it's entirely possible to stumble into Otherspace by accident. Kayri, Elrood, and Caeliar more or less make a triangle around the galaxy, and are therefore impossible for a major faction to monopolize.
  • Void Stone is beyond rare in the galaxy.

Execution:
  • Based on the above, this is the proposed objective:
  • With two or more characters that your character does not already know, get trapped in Otherspace by a hyperdrive accident and escape. OR: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain small amounts of Void Stone (suitable for Limited production or less) from any of the following planets: Kayri, Elrood, or Caeliar. As with all restricted materials, this objective applies to the use of derivative materials (such as voidsteel or Velokite). Note that derivative materials often have specific affiliations.
  • I've added the final sentence due to confusion over whether completion of the objective allows people to use the derivative materials regardless of their affiliation. (Obviously it doesn't.)
  • These would replace the current objectives - existential crisis (non-repeatable) and RPing without the word 'the' (extremely difficult and tedious for many RPers).
[member="Spencer Varanin"] @Cira

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom