Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Void-Eater Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a nanite that devours Voidstone materials.
Image Source: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...-droids.png/revision/latest?cb=20131026222343
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Lord Venari, Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
Affiliation: The Sith Empire
Model: Anti-Void Nanite
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Nanite Components, Phrik, Ionic Insulation materials

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Quickly breaks down Void Stone Materials
  • Can breach most encasments for Void Stone materials (though it takes time).
  • Small but resilient
  • Deployed from a grenade-like device.

Strengths:
  • Fast acting: once in direct contact with the Void Stone the nanites can devour a stone up to the size of a humanoids fist in less than a minute. Larger amounts take more time depending on the size. Void dust and the like is devoured near instantly.
  • Small, not weak: Phrik exterior makes for a sturdy nanite. While high power round will break the nanites due to their miniscule size, it's near impossible to wipe out the swarm with small arms.
  • Buzz: Again, numbers makes for the nanite swarms' best defense but they can take a limited amount of ionic small arms fire.
  • Just Keep Buzzing: The Void Eaters a programmed with a limited defense against slicing preventing any quick takeover of their network.
Weaknesses:
  • Encasement / Melding: the nanites can typically breach defensive encasements for the Void Stone material, but this does take time. Durasteel may double the time it takes for the nanites to reach the material while Phrik in and the like is likely to triple it. These time parameters are the same for breaking down Void Stone that has been melded with another metal.
  • Buzzkill: While the nanites are resilient to smaller scale charges, a large ionic attack would render them inert.
  • Singular in purpose: while the nanites are capable of breaching defenses, they can't be set to do so as opposed to Void matter. They can and will only chase Void Stone material.
  • Showstopper: energy shields capable of halting physical attacks will fend off the nanites. If such shields are depleted they will continue their task but until then they're pretty useless.
  • The Invisible Hand: The Nanites are susceptible to force attacks albeit they are typically deployed near Void Stone which would act as a buffer in such a situation. (also disable droid / Ionize would play to the Nanites Ionic defense).
  • Sliceable: While the Nanites are built with slicing countermeasures to prevent an instant takeover, they can still be hacked with a little time.

DESCRIPTION:

With the slow, but surprising spread of Void Stone materials, Lord Venari utilized Sith-Imperial resources to develop a nanite capable of targeting the otherspace phenomena and attacking it. The dampening effects of the of void stone could be detrimental to lower ranked force users and even led to the fall of a higher ranking Sith and so alongside the Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers they group had worked with the otherspace material and found it easy enough to breakdown. The delivery method would be a grenade like device that, once triggered, would release a swarm of the nanites to track and destroy the Void materials regardless its defense. With such a dedicated task, the Corps thought it best to outfit the microscopic machine with limited defenses though the true strength of the nanite is in their sheer numbers.

Last edited:
Lord Venari Lord Venari

Hey there. I will be the judge for this submission. Just some questions for clarification.

1. Since its meant to take out Void-stone, would the process be slower should someone make a Voidstone that is impregnated into a different metal/Alloy? or would it not be affected?
  2. As a Voidstone inhibits the force, are there any related affects of the Nanites being resistant to the force as well?
  3. As these are Nanites, Technology, do they have other weaknesses such as EMP/Ion, or can they be reprogrammed via slicing/Technology related force powers?

Lord Venari Lord Venari

Hey there. I will be the judge for this submission. Just some questions for clarification.

1. Since its meant to take out Void-stone, would the process be slower should someone make a Voidstone that is impregnated into a different metal/Alloy? or would it not be affected?
  2. As a Voidstone inhibits the force, are there any related affects of the Nanites being resistant to the force as well?
  3. As these are Nanites, Technology, do they have other weaknesses such as EMP/Ion, or can they be reprogrammed via slicing/Technology related force powers?

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar
1. Should the Void Stone be encased in or melded with another metal or alloy, it will increase the time to break down by the amounts above. (I mentioned encasement but not melding so I'll add that in upon reply.)
2. The Nanites aren't inherently resilient to the Force, although since they're typically deployed near Void Stone material, force powers would likely be dampened around them until they finish breaking down the Void Stone.
3. They're built with a small amount of ionic insulation which I listed in the pros and cons, the Nanites can take a minimal amount of Ion attack (from Ion blasters and such, but something like a grenade would fry the Nanites caught in the blast. Their real defense is in number so while such an Ion attack might slow them down by decreasing their numbers, a larger attack would still be required to knock the whole swarm out. And they are susceptible to slicing, albeit they have limited countermeasures so it wouldn't be an instant takeover.

I'll edit in whatever changes are required upon reply. I just want to know what needs clarifying first or if there's anything else I should change before I jump in and make the edits. Thank you for the taking your time to look this over!

Lord Venari Lord Venari

Thank you for the clarification. Due to the usage of Void stone being Restricted, and this is specifically meant to combat a restricted item, a rating of Semi-Unique would be appropriate. Not everyone has Void Stone, and not everyone will have the ability to prevent it.

Otherwise, what you have clarified can be added into the submission where fitting.

Once edited, it can be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom