Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Visions of the Force

Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

TAG: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

“ARA!”

Sol’yan had only narrowly escaped the clutches of the very witch that had banished him to this realm of existence. After gaining enough distance, the Feeorin Jedi Master fel tit safe to once again attempt to commune with his apprentice. He could feel her presence on Empress Teta, but in the confusion of the battle that had erupted within - his attempts to truly connect with her were in vain. But now, Sol’yan had found a place deep within the nether that seemingly strengthened his ability to navigate and manipulate the nether.

When he was originally cast within this plane of existence, he felt as though a child thrown into the currents of the sea with only a rudimentary understanding of how to swim. But now? Now, he could feel his powers beginning to grow stronger. In the centuries comprising his current span of existence, he had drawn upon the living force around him; had learned to live in harmony with all life around him to embody the balance of the force itself.

But here - here he had been lost in the eldritch currents of the nether. Here, both life and death melded together in a cacophony of energy. Yet he found a location within that seemed to ‘anchor’ him to a semblance of normality. It appeared in some fashion to be a ruined tower, with its very foundations wrought from an indescribable stone as ancient as the very galaxy itself. It was not remarkably tall or distinguishable from the other ethereal structures within the nether, but it did possess a strong tie to the other side.

And it was here that Sol’yan could feel, however faintly - the emotions of his apprentice rising to the fore. Previously, he had been unable to isolate hers from the countless emotions of all life throughout the galaxy in this spot. But after feeling her presence so closely, and so recently - he focused his consciousness, and shouted her name yet again.

“ARA!”

DYnZ0fN.png

After the spectacular roller coaster of a trip to Coruscant, Ara felt a need to head back to New Cov. Coruscant was still too much for her. The smell the sounds, the sights... it gnawed at the back of her head like a pestilence she simply couldn't snuff out. But even at New Cov, something felt off. Through her Matukai meditation, she kept feeling a familiar presence that shook her core. It simply couldn't be possible.

After numerous failed attempts to focus in on what she was feeling, Ara left for Kashyyyk where it all started for her. For them. Her first moment feeling the Force in and around her, and a moment that strengthened her bond with her Master. The trip itself was a dangerous one, going through the Shadowlands all the way up to that beautiful clearing he led her to. The presence somehow felt stronger for her, though it still wasn't enough for her to be satisfied.

"This better not be some messed up Force trick..." She muttered to herself, looking around as she took a deep breath to calm herself. Unclipping her lightsaber, she was tempted to try and repeat that day with him... but there was no way for her to remain calm. Not with this. Taking a deep breath, she started to go through her forms once again, like she did every day as her form of meditation. Fast, hard and intense, pushing herself to her limits as she channelled the Force through her body. Gradually, the presence became clearer until she finally heard something.

“ARA!”

Ara's eyes opened as she halted mid-strike. "Master?"

Tears tugged at her eyes as she looked around, only to realize what she needed to do. She closed her eyes and focused on the Force, flowing through and around her. She stood in place, clutching her hilt with both hands, simply focusing until she felt that connection again.

"Master?!"

Sol'yan Sol'yan

Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

TAG: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan |

GADividerBlue.png

It had been a long time... far too long a time in which Sol’yan had been away from his apprentice. As his voice echoed in the nether, his mind wandered along the topic of exactly how long it had been. A year? Two? A few months? In the silence that prevailed, the aged Feeorin felt resoundingly like a failure. He did not have to go and fight in the defense of Empress Teta, only to be cast ignominiously into the prison he now found himself within...

Yet, despite himself, he knew that was not true. He had spent much time trying to impress upon Ara that a Jedi’s responsibility is not unto himself, but rather in the service of the galaxy. He may have regretted the result of his efforts, but he knew well that he could not have avoided the undertaking regardless. Those people had needed him, and the many others who had stood up in their defense. But Ara needed him too, and he wasn’t there for her.

"Master?!"

Almost instantly, Sol’yan’s slumped head snapped up at the sound of his apprentice’s voice. He could feel her presence, almost as though she were standing just far enough away to not be immediately noticed. He turned, glancing in either direction within the stone chamber he stood within. He finally turned around, and there she was.

He could see her, standing at the very spot he had taken her to when she was taking her first steps along the path of the force. At first, he could see only her outline mixed with a few darker colors, but as he focused upon her - he could fully see her and the flora surrounding her. He slowly approached, and this time said in a far warmer and emotion-charged tone:
“Ara... I’m here.”

He couldn’t help but smile, with a slight tear beginning to well up as he - surprisingly - hoped she could see him. “Focus on my voice... and open your eyes.” He could see her strength, which had increased remarkably in the span of time which had passed. Hopefully she would understand his meaning, and if so - she would see him as clearly as if he were standing before her, save for the backdrop being the physical manifestation of the tower in which he stood.

He took a breath and centered himself, doing his best to keep his emotions in check. Feelings of relief and hope to be reunited with his padawan were not the most dangerous of emotions to feel, but he knew well that he could not give in to such things until he was out of this place for good.
“You’ve... you’ve grown.”

DYnZ0fN.png

Ara continued to focus on her Master's voice. On her Master's presence. He felt close, alive... maintaining her focus was a difficult challenge with all of the emotions flooding her aching heart. He spoke again, instructing her to concentrate on him and open her eyes. When she finally opened her eyes, the Feeorin stood in front of her in all of his glory... except he wasn't. She could see him and feel his presence, but he still wasn't with her.

That didn't matter. Simply seeing him caused the last of her restraint to falter as tears of joy ran down her cheeks. "Master...?" She muttered with a bright grin. She wanted to run up to him, embrace him and hold on to make sure he wouldn't go anywhere. But she held back, clipping her lightsaber to her belt as she took a few steps closer to him.

“You’ve... you’ve grown.”

She chuckled at the comment as she looked at herself. "Also picked up some muscle. Wasn't expectin' that." She quipped as she wiped at her eyes. She could see the joy in him as he stared at her. But she wanted to know. "Master... how? I felt you go. I felt you cut out like a light switch. What's going on? You ain't a force ghost, are you? You feel like you're still kicking." She asked him as she took another step forward, standing almost right in front of the giant.

"I missed you, Master. I... I kept training and working hard. You can ask Master Valery if you wanna..." She admitted, almost as if she was worried he would leave her again. "Where are you, Master? I need you back. How do I get to you?" She asked him with a harsh sniff.

Sol'yan Sol'yan

Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

TAG: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan |

GADividerBlue.png

"Master... how? I felt you go. I felt you cut out like a light switch. What's going on? You ain't a force ghost, are you? You feel like you're still kicking."

In truth, Sol’yan had wondered the same during the time he had been trapped within this realm. After learning about the nature of this ‘netherworld’, and encountering the spirits of those long passed, the only logical conclusion for him at the time was that he too had passed on to become one with the force. Yet, the way in which these spirits regarded him, and in some cases how the malignant presences within the nether had pursued him so vigorously; he soon came to realize that he had not ascended into this realm as one might do upon death.

No, he was cast here - violently, and unnaturally by the force witch he had encountered on Empress Teta. That was when he knew what he had to do - to reach out to his apprentice, and somehow return to her.
“I am alive, but I am not in the same... realm you are. As best I can tell... I was cast into the realm of the dead by the Lady of Bones on Empress Teta.”

Sol’yan’s voice was laced with hesitation at the mention of the woman that cast her here. The power she wielded was unlike anything he had seen over the past few decades. The last time he had encountered a being close to her power, was in the far reaches of the unknown regions - on a world best left unknown to the wider galaxy. But perhaps the answer as to how she became what she is laid back there...
But that was neither here nor there. For now, Sol’yan had to concentrate on the present.
“I pray you never encounter the powers at her disposal, but I fear I must nonetheless prepare to face it again. Or rather... that we prepare.” A reluctant smile creased his lips again.[/color]

"I missed you, Master. I... I kept training and working hard. You can ask Master Valery if you wanna..."

Although Sol’yan had spent nearly a century learning how to master his emotions, it was a losing battle to do so as he saw the literal fire in Ara’s eyes when she spoke about her progress in his absence. The ancient Jedi never had children of his own, but he imagined this was the same feeling a proud father felt upon seeing their children realizing the potential laying just under the surface. He had worried she would regress into the pits of despair upon his absence, akin to her devastation upon nearly killing her mother. Back then, he had wondered whether or not his lessons had begun to sink in for her. But now... it was obvious they had. “I am so proud to hear that, Ara. You are becoming the Jedi I always knew you could. I will have to convey my thanks to Master Valery once I--”

As if she could read his thoughts, Ara soon cut in.

"Where are you, Master? I need you back. How do I get to you?"

“I have only heard the name of this realm in passing upon my travels, but I believe... I am in the netherworld. This is the first time I have been able to, if only marginally - bridge the gap between the two realms by virtue of our connection in the force. But I sense this is the key to perhaps emerging from this realm for good. If you can anchor yourself via the living force there, on Kashyyyk - that may be enough to bolster my strength here to return--”

Sol’yan’s words cut to an abrupt halt, as if he could sense a malign presence touching his mind with the eldritch currents surrounding him. “We must move quickly, I can... I can feel something in the distance.” Instinctively, he glanced over his shoulder as if something were standing right behind him. Nothing was there, but he could feel a...

A pressure on the back of his mind.

He had a bad feeling about this.

DYnZ0fN.png

Yamou

Scourge of the Vondoon
Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

Tags: Sol'yan Sol'yan Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

The stench of smoke hung in the air.

The cloying stench seemed to reach deep into him and force him awake. In the unreal haze of death dreams, Yamou felt the heat and pain again, bleeding. The knot of fear in his stomach twisted, and he was forced from the maelstrom of anger and pain to 'awake' again; awake yet not, forced to watch and feel but not to participate.

He saw again his death.

The mask muzzled him, caged like an animal. He saw and felt his body pushed onto his knees on the ancient wooden platform. He saw again the deep marks in the wood, claw marks older than the deep woods. Claw marks of fear and indignation.

Not here again.... not again....

Sharp pain shifted his vision. Wooden spikes dug into his wrists, biting into his fur and skin. Two Vondoon stepped into his blurry vision, standing and looking down at his knelt form. He could not make out their expressions or features, the dream-haze obscuring every detail into a smudge. And yet he could feel their anger.

Red and White they were clad. The colours of death.

The vision shifted again and he felt his knees ache, scraped against the floor as they dragged him to another platform. Embers flickered past his vision and the sounds of hurrying footsteps back and forth, as if they were in the middle of a battle, which of course, they were.

Yamou was not so addled as to forget the context of the memory-dream. They were going to send him to his death, as quickly as possible, telling themselves it would win them this war. But Yamou knew better; he had started a literal and metaphorical fire that could never burn out. The tribe, if not all Vondoon, would be changed by his actions. And the elders and Wardens hated it.

Time seemed to move at an erratic pace, fixing itself as the memory reached its final destination. He was flung to his knees again, now in front of a large, long bench of steel. There sat four elders (where normally there would be five). They watched impassively, their weapons still wet with gore, as Yamou's body struggled to pull himself upright. Yamou's consciousness watched from afar, noticing with dull interest at the movements he had seen a hundred, a thousand times.

The elders' wore masks of wood and bone, adorned with the symbols of the clan.​

"Yamou, once scion of the tribe of Hyam and Warden of the Vondoon. You are brought before this council to answer for your crimes," a voice boomed from on high.

"Have you not... already heard my answers," Yamou spat.

"We have," another of the elders spoke. "And we pass summary judgement on you now."

Wait. This was wrong. This was not what happened. A recursion that broke the script.​

The elders were saying something, but Yamou could not understand the words. It sounded like traditional Vondoon, but the words were coming out wrong, twisted, like someone immitating the speech.

The voices were wrong. Almost immediately Yamou felt himself dragged into his dreamself, and as he slammed into his body he saw the dreamworld twist, break, warp. The colours were wrong. The materials were wrong.​

The sensation of his body seemed to change. His leaden, injured limbs seemed to heal. The dream made no sense now: the floor seemed to give way, but he remained stationary. His vision cleared, and a stray thought put out the flames licking the life trees.

A realisation hit Yamou. The dream was broken... he could break out. It made no sense, for why would he want to break out of sleep, especially since he died? But something deeply primal in him forced his limbs to move.​

His muscles seemed to grow unnaturally strong as he broke the restraints, drawing on... something. The pain of the spikes digging into his flesh seemed to clear his mind, even as he acted on instinct, swinging his arms to punch the faceless guards charging him:

I'm not dead.

Fully awake now, Yamou swung a blade (he had no idea how he got it) at the elders, who pushed the table off them, sending it flying at Yamou. The blade cleaved the steel in half, and for the first time in an eternity, Yamou felt his face contort in an almmost forgotten expression.

He was smiling.

A primal smile griped his face as he charged forward, even as the ground gave way and gravity seemed to go haywire. He could feel the power source that broke his dream feeding him, more and more. He could almost feel its physical presence.

Yamou roared in satisfaction as his polearm smashed into the skulls of the elders, cleaving them in twain. A power seemed to grow in him, the power the Wardens and Ren both used, and he lashed out, bolts of energy slamming into the hundreds of guards that appeared from nowhere, flying at him.
They were on solid ground now, but not the loam and dirt of Endor. It was a cracked, sizzling thing, but gave off a cool prickle as he walked across the ground, slicing his way through. The Vondoon was caught up in the moment, laughing deliriously. Freedom.
He wanted more. He could feel the power source. It was real, realer than the dream, anyway. It was almost like a radiating heat source, and Yamou fed on it. But he needed more, he knew that. He felt it a distance away and ran towards it, his steps sprinting like never before, buoyed by the dreamlogic of his trapped state and the very real power that he absorbed. The path led him through a cacophony of light and magic, as if the very air and ground had become solid and yet not, and he crashed through-

GM1OQzU.png

>Initialising diagnostic
Runtime: [ERROR]

On the shores of the afterlife, an organic cocoon wraped in steel broke open as Yamou jolted awake and fell out.

The Vondoon hacked and coughed as he fell onto the broken earth of the Netherworld, his fists grabbing sand that fell away into nothing like a breath. Yamou got to his feet, feeling sensation in his limbs- real sensation, in his real limbs- for the first time in... in...

How long has it been?

But beyond thoughts of where he was in the land of the dead, was the hunger. The gnawing void to consume the power that had briefly brushed him awake. The words of the Knights of Ren jumbled in his head, but he already remembered how to use the Force to traverse this place, chaotic as it was. With mere application of concrete thought the swirling non-mass around him coalesced into something resembling solid ground, a rocky path winding around a knoll towards the direction of the power source.

Driven by instinct and hunger, Yamou began the hunt.

Ara beamed at her master's pride and kind words over her training. It felt good to hear his voice again, to know he did care for her. "Lady of bones, huh? She sounds like a grump." She quipped as she looked around them for a moment. He went on to pitch an idea to get him out, though the perplexed expression on Ara's face gave Sol'yan all the answers he needed. "Um... how're we gonna do that? It ain't like there's an instruction manual on Nether travel in the archives." She admitted with a nervous chuckle.

Master Sol'yan's sudden concern drew her attention. She remained quiet as he looked around him for a moment. Apparently there wouldn't be time to run back to the temple and look for that instruction manual.

Through his connection, Ara could feel that something was wrong. She was going to have to figure it out very quickly. "Master? What should I do? How do I hook up to the Force? It ain't exactly a power outlet against the wall." She commented, taking another step closer to him. She thought through all of her lessons, with him and on her own. There was nothing even remotely related to something like this. Perhaps it had something to do with their connection... though that merely caused another concern to raise in her mind. Something that had been bothering her since he disappeared.

"Master? You didn't get tired of me, right?" She asked him after some hesitation. "Did you go to Empress Teta because you wanted to get away from me?" She continued, taking a step back. She needed to know the truth of what happened. Whether it really was Jedi duties, or whether he had another reason for going...

Yamou Yamou Sol'yan Sol'yan

Yamou

Scourge of the Vondoon
Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

It was a strange sensation, to live in the land of the dead.

Yamou was finding it hard to acclimate to this. His body was real; it was alive in all the meanings of the word, minus a few muscles still asleep. And yet he moved through the realm of thought and unreality. The very air felt electric on his fur. Sensations and thoughts seemed to swirl around him, bending reality. He soon realised he did not have to trek up and down the paths and through the light-trees; he could think a way through, though he's also have to physically move through it.

Sol’yan’s words cut to an abrupt halt, as if he could sense a malign presence touching his mind with the eldritch currents surrounding him. “We must move quickly, I can... I can feel something in the distance.” Instinctively, he glanced over his shoulder as if something were standing right behind him. Nothing was there, but he could feel a...

A pressure on the back of his mind.

He had a bad feeling about this.
And the hunger. He could feel it. Close now. He was approaching some sort of structure. It was unusual and unsteady, almost as if it were merely someone's impression of a place. It was high but wide, a large open space beneath. He entered its light-shadow, and he saw a twisting vortex, too big to be housed in the structure, yet there it was radiating light and very real power that Yamou soaked into his skin. He could make out a form in it, seemingly unaware of him. Yamou knew the source of this power was this figure.

There was a body in this space. On a slab of dream-marble. In his hands, Yamou suddenly found his old weapons. A spear and shield. Did his desires conjure this or was this some unknowable spirit's test? Almost as if without his volition, his id took over and he advanced. Yamou moved slowly towards Sol'yan Sol'yan , spear aimed at the slumbering Jedi's heart.

Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

TAG: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan | Yamou Yamou

"Um... how're we gonna do that? It ain't like there's an instruction manual on Nether travel in the archives."

Sol’yan would be lying if he did not admit he wondered the same question himself. Despite the many decades of experience he had within the force, and the power he wielded through its master; he felt woefully underprepared to try and attempt what he was asking his padawan to help him with.

But it had to be done.

The only thing he had left to him during this time was his meditations; wherein he pondered the will of the living force, and what possible purpose it could have in mind for him to banish him to this contemptible realm. But he knew one thing for certain. Throughout those many months (seemingly years given the difference in how time seemed to pass by), his thoughts never seemed to diverge from his apprentice during that time. The bond they had forged together was so strong, it transcended time and space itself. Their very conversation was evidence of that fact.

That was the key.

“Seat yourself where we did the last time.” A warm smile lined his features as he gestured to the worn stone behind her. “Focus your mind on the force around you, Ara. Reach out and--”

"Master? You didn't get tired of me, right?"

"Did you go to Empress Teta because you wanted to get away from me?"

To say that the aged Jedi was taken aback by Ara’s question would have been a grave understatement. In a moment, the ill-tempered nature of his species welled up within his heart given the increasing tide of stress and urgency pressing upon the back of his mind. But he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. ‘There is no emotion, there is peace.’

He could not allow his feelings to get in the way of the present. And he could not expect to be successful in emerging from this place if his own apprentice doubted his motivations in doing so, or even worse; the nature of their bond. “The answer to both of those questions lies at the very heart of what it means to be a Jedi, Ara.” His voice took on the same sage, wizened tone it always had during their formative lessons, with the only difference being a slight tone of sadness.

He could only imagine the effect his absence had upon Ara, with her feelings of abandonment by her mother, and the hard life she was forced to lead up until this point. His hand reached out but hesitated, for he knew well he could not touch her as they communed this way. Not yet at least. Rather than placing a reassuring hand upon her shoulder, he smiled and placed his hands within the folds of his cloak draped across his form; the gleaming metal of his Silver Jedi Armor faintly shimmering beneath
“Many people wonder what exactly separates us Jedi from those who fall to the Dark Side of the force. Many point to the ancient variations of our order; the hubris they fell victim to as their hearts swelled with arrogance - denying themselves even the most basic of emotions which in and of themselves were necessary to truly empathize with the needs of the Galaxy at large. Those who practice the Dark Side give in to their baser emotions; hate, anger, pain. But such emotions in and of themselves are not evil as long as one controls them and directs them properly - refusing to allow such feelings to lead them like a slave. Hatred at the injustice wrought upon the galaxy at the hands of the Sith, as opposed to the self loathing of those who know nothing but the wide-ranging hatred of those maddened to the point of animalistic wroth. Or anger at the slaughter of innocents, for example - as opposed to the self-serving anger of a spurned lover.”

His voice waxed somber at those final words, but he soon looked back up and began anew. Now was not the time to meander, nor to mince words: “One could spend years meditating on all of the ways in which we Jedi are different from the Sith, and rightfully so. But the most important way in which we are different is - we deny self, in favor of others. We possess a power that could cause terrible pain and destruction, or that could bring balance and maintain peace in the galaxy. With such great power, comes great responsibility.” His smile returned. “No, I did not grow tired of you Ara. I never would. But I also knew you weren’t yet ready to face the carnage such brutes as the Brotherhood of the Maw are capable of releasing upon the galaxy. And I learned long ago that to do nothing in the face of such evil... is just as bad as causing that evil in the first place. Even still... I failed...”

The Jedi Master’s eyes grew firmer - possessed of a fire Ara had not witnessed before. “But despite that failure, you have been the only person I have been able to constantly think about. You... have kept me centered within this place when hope seemed all but lost. I will not fail again, and this time... this time, we will complete our training, and confront the threats facing the galaxy together as Master... and Apprentice.”

As if on cue, the dread presence of... of whatever the entity Sol’yan had felt before had grown inescapably stronger. With urgency, Sol’yan looked at Ara, and said: “He is here! Ara, do as I’ve instructed. Reach out with the force, and focus on our connection. Focus on my presence, and reach out as if you are pulling me toward you. May the force be with you...”

And just like that, the vision faded, along with the final words Sol’yan had spoken.

So’lyan’s form stood still and quiet amidst the writhing currents of the netherworld, partially sheltered by the shifting stonework of the tower. Hardly a sound could be heard, even as Yamou’s feet padded against the stone; pouncing upon his prey who sat motionless not but 10 meters away. The spear-tipped weapon held within the Vondoon’s grasp grew ever closer, its serrated blade glinting longingly like the slaked fang of a predatory animal.

But then, suddenly; the Feeorin’s eyes popped open.

With an abrupt contraction of hundreds of muscles within his form, and through the currents of the force itself; the Jedi Master Sol’yan surged through the air into a somersault which cast him over a dozen meters further backward. A massive lightsaber hilt seemingly materialized in his hand, with a meter and a half long energy blade surging from within. The vibrant, deep purple hued blade burned the very air around the imposing Jedi - his face a mask of stoic resolve. He held the blade aloft in a ready stance, the blade's energy casting a pale light against his light blue skin.
“I do not know from whence you come, foul beast. But you shall know death if you take one step closer.”

DYnZ0fN.png

Yamou

Scourge of the Vondoon
Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

With an abrupt contraction of hundreds of muscles within his form, and through the currents of the force itself; the Jedi Master Sol’yan surged through the air into a somersault which cast him over a dozen meters further backward.
The movement came without warming, causing Yamou to take a step back and reflexively ready his spear defensively. The sudden change in the energy emanating from Sol'yan was almost as disorienting; it suddenly seemed to shut off, like a great furnace suddenly closed up, its heat still rediating but no longer scorching the air.

It only made Yamou hungry.

A massive lightsaber hilt seemingly materialized in his hand, with a meter and a half long energy blade surging from within. The vibrant, deep purple hued blade burned the very air around the imposing Jedi - his face a mask of stoic resolve. He held the blade aloft in a ready stance, the blade's energy casting a pale light against his light blue skin.
Of course. Jedi. Those enslaved by their own minds and bound by the Force, no better than the Wardens of his youth. Almost on instinct, the scraps of cloth on his body changed into the form of armour.

“I do not know from whence you come, foul beast. But you shall know death if you take one step closer.”
"I am no beast. I am a warrior of..." Yamou stopped himself. For one, he could no longer claim his clan and kin, nor did he particularly want to. They were as dead to him as he was to them. For another, he suddenly, felt the energy in him dissipate, fatigue returning to his limbs, the heat of his blood cooling off. It was a momentary change, and it almost caused him to panic, but he knew what it was; he needed energy. Life-force. He had no idea how he would extract it from the mortal shell of the Jedi, only that he had to try if he wanted to survive to escape the Netherworld.

"I am a warrior of no provenance. And you, Jedi, are my newest victim." With that, Yamou reared back and flung the spear, its body seeming to crackle with light and heat as it shot through the air. Even as it left his fingers, Yamou drew a sword of jet-black obsidian and charged, blade and shield in hand.

Last edited:
Ara listened carefully to his explanation, though she started to worry with the entire speech about the difference between them and the Sith. She wanted to interrupt him and demand an answer, but she had a feeling he was going somewhere with the story. And sure enough, there was a reason for it all. A context for why he left her seemingly on a whim.

A warm smile started to form as she listened to his kind words. He still cared about her. He still wanted her as his apprentice. That was all the reassurance her troubled heart needed to hear from him. She still had her master.

“He is here! Ara, do as I’ve instructed. Reach out with the force, and focus on our connection. Focus on my presence, and reach out as if you are pulling me toward you. May the force be with you...”

Her smile faded instantly as her eyes went wide. "Wait, hold up, I-" Her master was gone, leaving her alone to get the party started. "So much for a heartfelt moment." She grumbled as she looked around. It took her a few moments, but she finally found the spot where she sat beside him a few years ago. With her eyes closed, she took a deep breath and focused on her Master. She didn't know what was after him, only that something was. It was better that way. Less pressure to mess up her train of thought.

She focused hard on him, on their connection through the Force, and tried to reach out to him. The rest of the world faded into the background as she leaned forward a bit, pouring every ounce of herself into that connection with her Master.

Sol'yan Sol'yan Yamou Yamou

Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

GADividerBlue.png

"I am a warrior of no provenance. And you, Jedi, are my newest victim."

Sol’yan’s expression grew grim at the malice behind the creature’s words. They were calloused, and cold - evoking the same feeling of foreboding the Jedi Master had felt many times over in his confrontations with the evil denizens of the unknown. As he began preparing himself, the ‘warrior’ was quick to try and gain the initiative. He threw his spear, which surged through the air with a speed seemingly driven by sheer malevolence. The blade caught the folds of Sol’yan’s robe and pinned it fast against the stone wall, which in turn caused the Jedi to stumble backward from the force of the throw.

But it would take fare worse than that to defeat the ancient Jedi Master. With a quick shift and exchange of grip of his lightsaber, he pulled himself free from the confines of his robe just in time to narrowly avoid the charge of his foe, who lashed out with his sword and carved a viscous gash through the fabric of his cloak. Sol’yan did not wait for Yamou to compensate for the dodge, instead lashing out with his saber blade with a viscous backward slash meant to carve the creature in two where he stood.

Despite his well honed training taking over, Sol’yan’s thoughts couldn’t help but drift back to Ara, who he left alone in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk. He hoped beyond hope that his words had sunk in, and given her the strength to do what must be done. Slight reassurance fell upon him, as he could feel the subtle pricks of her presence in the back of her mind. It was weak and unguided, but it was there. He reached out with a small measure of his mind, akin to extending a finger to someone in the dark so as to reveal one’s presence.

It was slight, but it was all he could afford as he kept himself focused on the task at hand. Namely, not dying.

DYnZ0fN.png

Yamou

Scourge of the Vondoon
Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

The Jedi was quick, his cloak like an afterimage as he spun and dodged both attacks. Yamou almost missed the backhand blow, forcing himself to carry through with his strike's momentum, spinning to meet the Jedi's blade with his own. The Jedi had better footing and was far more in tune with his body, forcing the Vondoon back with superior leverage and strength.

Yamou stepped sideward, away from the wall and breaking contact with their blades before driving forward again, with more precise, considered strokes, not wishing to over extend again. But the hunger drove him on, tempting him to push harder, reach out more with the Force...

Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

GADividerBlue.png

"I am a warrior of no provenance. And you, Jedi, are my newest victim."

The creature’s quick reflexes saved him from Sol’yan’s powerful blows, ethereal sparks flying as their blades met again in a lock. Purple light cast against both of their faces, with Sol’yan’s muscles engaging in the hopes of overpowering his similarly built opponent. But it would seem the Vondoon foe had other methods in mind to try and regain the mastery over the Jedi. It was subtle at first, as if to avoid notice. Sol’yan could feel a tugging at the back of his mind, as if an attempt to catch him off balance and disrupt his connection with Ara.

The Feeorin Jedi’s face grimaced in protest as he was forced to address the intrusion. He could not fight this creature forever, but he also could not break the connection with Ara. He took the brief moment of stalemate to call out again to his apprentice, trying to keep his aura calm in the midst of the conflict he was engulfed in.
“Ara... search for my voice. Focus on it... You can do this... I believe in you.”

DYnZ0fN.png

Despite her Master being in a completely separate reality, she could feel the distress from him. He was in grave danger in there, she needed to hurry up and figure it out already. She took another deep breath and tried to keep her mind calm as she searched for some kind of connection to him. It came and went continuously. Just when she caught that sliver of her Master, it became foggy again.

Another deep breath as she continued to focus on that little essence of him.

“Ara... search for my voice. Focus on it... You can do this... I believe in you.”

"Working on it..." She muttered subconsciously to herself. She was going to get her master out of there, no matter what.

It finally happened. That little sliver emerged again, and this time she honed in on it. Pebbles and debris began to levitate around her along with her robes and hair as the Force swirled around her. His voice, his presence, it was all a dim beacon for her to track and focus on. To set her sights on. Gradually, the world around her disappeared as all she felt and acknowledged was her master's presence in the Nether. Her hand slowly began to rise as she trusted in the Force in ways she never envisioned herself doing.

Her fingers began to open up as she channelled the Force through herself and extended out towards him. The wind picked up around her, the massive branches began to groan and leaves rustled intensely. Finally she felt a wave come over her, both physically and through the Force. Her eyes opened, but nothing was in front of her. Instead, she heard a harsh whirl of wind and echoes through the Force. She carefully rose and turned to look behind her, only for her mouth to fall open as she stared into a gaping hole in reality.

A portal. To the Nether.

Through it, she watched her giant of a Master... facing off against a giant that made him look average at best. "Master!" She called out as her lightsaber snapped into her hand, igniting with a sharp snap-hiss. She reached out again with the Force and pulled him towards her... except it had the unintended consequence of pulling the beast along that was challenging her Master.

"Oh kriff. Wrong person!"

Yamou Yamou Sol'yan Sol'yan

Yamou

Scourge of the Vondoon
Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

But it would seem the Vondoon foe had other methods in mind to try and regain the mastery over the Jedi. It was subtle at first, as if to avoid notice. Sol’yan could feel a tugging at the back of his mind, as if an attempt to catch him off balance and disrupt his connection with Ara.
"Now what are you hiding?" Yamou snarled, taking the chance to press forward, trying to knock Sol'yan's weapon aside. He was gaining ground, but the enemy was a Jedi. It would be foolish to underestimate-

A portal. To the Nether.

Through it, she watched her giant of a Master... facing off against a giant that made him look average at best. "Master!" She called out as her lightsaber snapped into her hand, igniting with a sharp snap-hiss. She reached out again with the Force and pulled him towards her... except it had the unintended consequence of pulling the beast along that was challenging her Master.

"Oh kriff. Wrong person!"
Yamou grunted aloud as he was lifted off his feet, the sudden portal ripping into the dreamworld to pull him back into the mundane universe. The sudden intrusion of power, of arcane energy and strands of the Force breaking and reforming under the power of the portal disoriented him. But through it all, the sensation that pulled him changed, almost wrenching him into another direction.

Toward Ara and the portal. His eyes widened when he realised what it was.

FREEDOM

Yamou scrambled to his feet and charged the portal, thoughts of the Jedi out of his mind for the moment. He was going to live again. And nothing would stand in his way.

Empress_Teta_BYOO_1.png

GADividerBlue.png

"Now what are you hiding?"

He could feel his opponent pressing upon his mind, trying to break his concentration even as Ara’s efforts grew stronger upon the presence her master exuded into the void. Sol’yan pushed off of the stalemate between himself and his foe, which would be a grave mistake. He sensed it before he saw it; the energies of the nether coalescing into a portal leading to reality. His foe sensed it as well, and his eyes gaped upon the opening with feral intent. With a purpose that bespoke little Sol’yan could do to dissuade him, Yamou charged for the portal; applying his sheer hunger to the task of surging through the portal.

Sol’yan was out of position to physically stop him from pushing through it, but the Jedi could not risk the creature pushing through only for the portal to somehow close behind him. He deactivated his lightsaber; for it would serve little purpose in what he was about to do. With grim resolve, the ancient Jedi Master broke into a full sprint mere moments behind the creature; his powerful muscles pushing with every ounce of strength at the Feeorin’s command as he drew upon every last vestige of the force he could to make up for the weariness in his soul.

As the two warriors bounded to the portal, Sol’yan threw his body into a tackle aimed at Yamou’s torso - the force behind his leap enough to carry him well through the portal and, if his approximations were correct, carry him through a full-bodied tackle which would then carry them both hard onto the ground of Kashyyyk. Whatever the case, Sol’yan would not allow this bloodthirsty creature to harm anyone else - Ara especially..

DYnZ0fN.png

Ara could only watch as her Master and the creature came crashing through the portal just in time. It closed behind them and the Zabrak stumbled back with a heavy breath. But they weren't out of the woods yet. Whatever came through with her Master was an absolute giant, even by Sol'yan's standards. Ara stared with wide eyes at the being, unsure of what to do about it.

"Um... kriff..." She stepped back and drew a deep breath, summoning whatever power she could into her hands before she let loose with a powerful blast in hopes of hurling the giant being off the cliff they stood on. It was only when they were rid of the creature that Ara allowed herself to relax and focus on her Master.

He was there. Alive and back with her. She stood motionless for a long moment with her lightsaber in hand. With a gasp she shuddered and dropped her hilt, rushing up to the giant to grab hold of him in a powerful embrace. She grabbed hold and didn't let go for several moments as tears welled up in her eyes.

"You're back... holy kriff... you're back." She sniffed as she pressed her face against his torso, not paying attention at all to the horns along her forehead...

Sol'yan Sol'yan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom