Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Viscera Scattergun

Status
Not open for further replies.
acid_rifle_by_oxeren-d6kuy14.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Acid-Rifle-397833160

Intent: To create a support weapon for close quarters and urban warfare
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: Iron Crown Armories
Model: Viscera Slugthrower Rifle
Affiliation: Lords of the Fringe
Modularity: Can be adjusted to fire 8-gauge shotgun/scattergun rounds
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Duraplast, durasteel
Description: The Viscera is the Fringe’s answer to the Sith Empire’s Scylla chainsword. Messy and brutal at close range, it is nothing more than a heavy semi-automatic slugthrower with a specialized ammunition capacity and a rotating vibro-bayonet. As the weapon is nearly useless at close range, the bayonet remains essential should opponents be able to quickly close to melee range. The Viscera has a duraplast barrel for purposes of avoiding acid pitting. The acid rounds, equivalent in size to 8-gauge shotgun rounds, contain a very small fragmentation charge which breaks the scored transparisteel round on impact with surfaces or Force pushes, not when faced with telekinetic manipulation. On detonation, the transparisteel vial becomes a handful of moderate-velocity splinters. The main impact of the shot is the deployment of two ounces of powerful xenoboric acid within a small area, some of which vaporizes with the force of impact. The acid is useless against heavy armor, though it can fog and blind such armor’s eyeports and seep through gaps. Most bodygloves, including armorweave, are susceptible to the acid after several minutes of contact. Against naked or clothed flesh, the acid is, of course, very painful, but will not eat off limbs without application of multiple charges.
Classification: Slugthrower
Size: Handheld
Length: 1.3m including vibroblade bayonet
Weight: 5kg
Ammunition Type: Transparisteel fragmentation vial
Ammunition Capacity: 16
Effective Range: 40m

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

People seem to have this view that acid is some sort of magical substance which can be an effective weapon. For a start, what kind of acid? After all, there are thousands of acids, ranging from citric to sulphuric to carbolic acid. I would like that specified.
Second, a Force push IS firm contact. It’s like hitting an invisible wall or being shoved aside at high speed. That would cause it to break up.
Third, 150m is far too long a range for this sort of weapon to be effective. A regular shotgun’s range is a third of that, and this would be even less due to these projectiles.
Lastly, the bayonet is rather absurd. Since this weapon can’t really be used at close range (due to the magic acid splashing around) the bayonet is as useless now as it is on an M16 today.

Thoughts?

On the first point, I've specified the acid.
On the second and third points, though I disagree, I've edited as requested.
On the fourth point, though I disagree, I've made a clarifying statement that should fit what you were going for.
@[member="Tamara"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom