Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veterans of Foreign Wars

[member="Noah Corek"] | Gree, Rebel Alliance Facility , Combat Training Room |

Thud echoed through the large chamber as she hit the ground. Her combatant had finally managed to toss her to the ground after both had been stuck grappling one another, stuck in a stalemate. Delila rolled with the motion and quickly recovered. Hand grasped a wooden bo staff, weighing it in her hand as she circled Corek. They would likely end in a draw - both had two decades of experience. Delila was a bit rusty in hand-to-hand but it didnt meant she couldnt get scrappy when needed.

All the better to train with Corek today. Maintain her skills and perhaps learn something new at the same time. Catching up was also on the the to do list, it had been nearly a decade since she saw Corek last.

"How you holding up old man?"

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Delila Castillon"]

Noah snorted as they circle each other, Del with her bo staff and him with his short sword and shield. "Your calling me an old man Del? What would that make you huh?" Noah joked at her as they continued to circle. It had indeed been sometime since the two had seen each other, the fall of Gehenna if he remembered correctly. Noah finally decided to strike and break their circling. Striking out with his shield in what would only be described as trying to slap Del with his shield Noah followed up with a quick flurry of stabs.

"Come on Del cede already. We've been at this for an hour."

[member="Noah Corek"]

"I've been old for years, accepted it, moved on."

Bo staff came to parry off the attack from the sword, rolling with the shield hits instead. She came to try to get in a strike on Corek but it was easily blocked by the shield and she gave a frustrated sigh. Of course she didn't expect anything less - both were trained by the same military at one point in time. Naturally they would have very similar styles that would end in a draw.

"Cede? Never. Since I feel sorry for you we can take a break though." Grin graced her features and she twirled the staff. "Better?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

"Who said I haven't accepted it? I have and just like you I've moved past it. Of course being half-Morellian probably helps." The last sentence was delivered with fake arrogance and a very real amount of sarcasm. They had indeed been trained the same way, first by the Republic and then by the Protectorate. So it had on for an hour, back and forth, back and forth, both never getting the upper hand. Noah had strength and endurance but Del had agility and endurance. Their skill sets and their training made each other impossible to beat.

When Del mentioned that she felt sorry for him he snorted. "Sorry for me? With the way you weathered those hits you're gonna have some nasty bruises. But a break does sound good."

[member="Noah Corek"]

"So half-Morellian means you're still a teenager. Still hitting a rebellious phase, making out in the back of speeders, acne."

Delila gave Corek a teasing nudge about the issue. She stretched out her shoulder a little, placing the bo staff against the wall. There was a dismissive attitude about the bruises, they tended to happen. Not as quick as she liked to be which led to more training which led to more bruises. Seemed like a vicious cycle.

"Not concerned. I'm just pale so they tend to show up way too easy. Whats next on the Corek agenda in life? I see you're running with Rebels."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Noah chuckled as he hung his wooden weapons up on a rack. "Yeah. Sneakin out late at night, going to parties." Noah stopped, turned to Del and grinned with a twinkle in his eye. "Prom night." After that Noah roared in laughter and it took him a few seconds to calm down. "Nah but all seriousness most of my genetics come from my mom. She was Mandalorian."

As Del stretched so did Noah, though he tried to keep himself as fit as possible the ache of old age was still catching up to him. After stretching he pulled a pair of water bottles out of a nearby knapsack and tossed one to Del. "That is true. Damn and I though Umbaran's were pale." Noah pulled his shirt off, which was drenched in sweat and sticking uncomfortable. Between taking it off and retrieving his spare from his knapsack his upper body was on full display.

"What's next huh? Well I'm trying to whip the kids into shape. Most of 'em have heart but little else and those who do have both heart and skill are still idealists. Poodoo what I wouldn't give for a squad of Pyre contractors and not even to fight just to help me train these kids. But I mean I could make do with another veteran who has all the same skill sets as me." With this said Noah turned and looked at Del pleadingly.

"Nah, us gingers are far more pale."

Hand deftly caught the water bottle and took a drink,leaning against one of the walls in the training room. Eyes drifted over to a shirtless [member="Noah Corek"] .Dells wasn't sure if she was supposed to be impressed, comment, or throw herself at Corek in a fit of passion. Mouth quirked in a half-smile at her thoughts.

"General Castillon is semi-retired.Tired of sending fresh faced kids off to die in wars. Plus I promised someone I'd be home for dinner most nights."

Delila paused for a moment. These Rebels probably couldn't pay her but being mainly retired left little opportunity for keeping her skills sharp. Perhaps they could reach some sort of compromise.

"Perhaps I can drop in from time to time, offer some specialized classes. Seems like an excellent compromise."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

"Well then again I haven't met as many gingers as I have Umbaran's so I don't have much to go on." It was odd but Noah had probably met more Umbaran's than most, a lot of them were trainers for the Commandos due to their natural stealth ability.

Noah didn't expect anything from Del when he replaced his shirt, it would've been nice if she had something but it was really more of him getting uncomfortable. When Del spoke of being semi-retired and sending kids to die Noah sighed and took a long swig from his water. "That was my thoughts at first but then I thought that at least I have a better chance at bringing 'em home than some equally fresh-faced 2nd Lieutenant. Coming in to teach some classes would be well appreciated though."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Delila was just about to ask how he knew so little gingers when the Omega Protectorate had been filled to the brim with them at one point or another. 'Redheads Reign' was a bit of joke back in the day, couldn't throw a stone without hitting someone with flame colored hair. Dells finished off the water before tossing the empty bottle away.

"Yeah I get it....still not going to sway me though, like I said, other plans. So whats this new rebellion all about? I don't keep up with galactic politics anymore."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom