Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Vespert

Status
Not open for further replies.
fefc4h.jpg
35hh89s.jpg

Name: Vespert
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Unknown
Language: An unnamed chirping language, Though they are typcaily extremely quick to pick up on other languages
Average length of adults: 100 mm (About four inches)
Skin color: Pink
Hair color: Black, white
Breathes: Dosen't need an atmosphere, does not breathe normally.

Strengths:
Little Einsteins - Vesperts are normally incredibly quick learners, often learning new skills, languages, and the like in practically no time at all.
Itty bitty teeny weeny - Vesperts are ridiculously small, ecspecially for Sentients. This is fantastic for being stealthy, or hiding in small places.
Mynock wannabe - Thoughts to be distantly related to Mynocks, Vesperts are able to survive in the vacum of space.
I believe I can fly! - With large (compartively) wings, Vesperts are able to fly within atmospheres.
Who says only plants can do it? - Vesperts have a unqiue organ inside of their bodies capable of producing oxegen. However, they require a large amount of food to keep it working.
Bat-spit - Vesperts have an extremely potent stomach acid which they vomit up (ewww!) onto foods that they cannot break up with their small teeth. This includes metals and rock. They then proceed to lick it up. However, stronger meatls such as Phrik and the like are immune to this acid, and most other metals (such as Durasteel, tin, transparisteel)l take seconds to minutes to dissolve, depending on the quality of the metal. (Durasteel would take minutes) Weaker metals, such as copper or tin, would be instantanious. For reasons unknown, Vespert's stomach acids do not burn their throat, mouth, and tongue.
Tiny garbage disposals - Vesperts can eat, and gain nutrients from, nearly anything. This ranges from rocks and metals to crackers and cookies.
Blip, blip - Vesperts have extremely good hearing, and use a form of echolocation to navigate most of the time.
Super smell - They have an incredibly strong sense of smell, capable of reconizing even the most subtle of scents.

Weaknesses:
Squish! - Vesperts are tiny... While this is great for being stealthy, it's not good for much else. You step on one, they die.
Brittle bones - Vesperts have extremely light, brittle bones, and are prone to broken bones if handled roughly.
High metabolism - While this gives them nearly limitless energy, it also means they have to eat all the time. If they don't eat often, their oxegen-producing organ will shut down. And as their lungs do not connect to their mouths or noses, so oxegen cannot be given to them externally, this will kill them rather quickly.
Git, Vermin! - By less civilized societies, and many more civilized ones, Vesperts are often considered pests. Some even kill them on sight...
I'm dizzy! - Though they are capable of surviving in the vacum of space, Vesperts are prone to gravity sickness. Long periods of time in zero gravity is extremely unhealthy for them.
My wings! - A Vespert's wing is their most vunerable spot, covered with thin membranous skin, they're prone to injury.
Big blaster, little Vespert - Nearly every tool, toy, and weapon in the galaxy is bigger then a Vespert. Don't expect them to be engineers, gunslingers, or pilots. They might be bale to push buttons if they throw all their weight against them, but triggers? Not going to happen.
Where's the bathroom? - Vesperts have very tiny bladders... enough said.
Too loud! Too loud! - Vesperts extremely keen sense of hearing comes with a price; loud sounds are extremely detremental to them; both giving them severe headaches, and interfering with their echolocation.
Nearsighted - Vesperts, as a species, are nearsighted, only able to see clearly about five meters in front of them. Anything above that gets more and more blurry the farther away it is.

Distinctions: Vesperts are small, usually furry, winged creatures.
Average Lifespan: Twenty galactic standard years. (Considered an adult at six galactic standard months old)
Races: As Vesperts have spread across the galaxy, their are many subtley different races. Usually the only notable changes from race to race are ear shape, snout shape, fur length, and fur coloring.
Estimated Population: A significant amount throughout the galaxy, mostly on backwater or uninhabited worlds.
Diet: Anything and everything, no known food allergies.
Communication: They communicate through an unnamed chirping language, but can also learn most galactic languages, albeit in a very high-pitched form.

Culture: Vesperts are usually found in colonies of sorts, with no form of goverment or structure. Members of a Vespert colony typically spend their days scavenging for food, exploring, and playing, before returning to the colony at night (or day, depending on that particular colony's habits) to sleep. Occasionally, one will see a nomadic Vespert colony, constnatly traveling in great swarms from place to place in search for food. As they're thought to be vermin on most populated worlds, Vespert colonies on populated planets often hide in sewers, abondoned buildings, and the like; only leaving their home to search for food. The Vespert language is extremely simple, with only a hundred or so words, such as 'Play, fun, eat, good, food, danger,' etc. Those colonies on uninhabited worlds are often much less intelligent then those on habited worlds, and Vesperts born into colonies such as those typically do not have names, while the naming system for colonies on habited worlds are usually just a word the Vespert's mother has heard, and is fond of. Names could be anything from another sentient's name, to a household object, that the mother Vespert had heard before- It's not unheard of for a Vespert to be named after a type of food, either. In short; culture varies depending on where the Vespert colony lives, but no matter where it is playing and eating are the main passtimes.

Technology level: As a good 95% of technology are bigger then they are, Vesperts rarely use it.

General behavior: Vesperts are typically extremely curious, often ignoring any dangers to inspect, or 'borrow', something that peaks their interest. They're almost always good natured, and playful, though highly energetic and often found as either very entertaining or very annoying to those few sentients who don't think they're just non-sentient pests.

History: Xenobiologists theorize that Vesperts first left their homeworld, wherever that may be, by stowing away on spacecraft, as their often known to do. From their, through the combination of being able to survive in space and their tendacy to explore, Vesperts made their way around the galaxy. Though not much of a common sight on worlds such as Corellia, and hardly seen anywhere but the lowest levels of planets such as Corusaunt and Nar Shadaa, due to being thought of as pests, Vespert colonies have formed on nearly every notable planet in the galaxy at one point or another, whether small or large. Since they are typically destroyed en mass on habited planets, if possible, they are a more common sight on barely habited planets (such as Dagobah) or backwater planets (Such as Tatooine) then anywhere. All in all, between the galaxy's tendacy to consider them pests, and their tednacy to live in obscure places, Vesperts have never been officially studied in detail, leaving their history a mystery.

Notable Player-Characters: Robbi
Intent: To create an adorable (to some) but annoying little species for all to enjoy (or hate). Also a fun species to roleplay.

Image credits: Theallmightguru.com, safariblog.com

[member="Mrrew"]

I don't actually have any major issues with this, you've essentially made sentient space vermin. There's no real issue for abuse or anything of the sort but i do have two little problems.

Mrrew said:
Bat-spit - Vesperts have an extremely potent stomach acid which they vomit up (ewww!) onto foods that they cannot break up with their small teeth. This includes metals, rock, and meat. They then proceed to lick it up. For reasons unknown, Vespert's stomach acids do not burn their throat, mouth, and tongue.
What kind of metals? Can this acid eat through Beskar? Phrik? Durasteel? Give me an upper limit so we don't have thousands of people murdering tiny little bat people to harvest their insides for anti-armor weapons.

Mrrew said:
Average Lifespan: Thirty. (Considered an adult at six galactic standard months old)

Second, for such a tiny little creature with a hugely increased metabolism, living Thirty years seems a bit of a stretch. Most large bats live to be 10-15 years old in the wild, with bats in captive living 20-30 years. I'de like this number to be lowered just a bit with that in mind.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
What kind of metals? Can this acid eat through Beskar? Phrik? Durasteel? Give me an upper limit so we don't have thousands of people murdering tiny little bat people to harvest their insides for anti-armor weapons.

That would be bad... XD

I added this line; However, stronger metals such as Phrik and the like are immune to this acid, a and most other metals (such as Durasteel, tin, transparisteel)l take seconds to minutes to dissolve, depending on the quality of the metal. (Durasteel would take minutes) Weaker metals, such as copper or tin, would be instantanious.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
Second, for such a tiny little creature with a hugely increased metabolism, living Thirty years seems a bit of a stretch. Most large bats live to be 10-15 years old in the wild, with bats in captive living 20-30 years. I'de like this number to be lowered just a bit with that in mind.
When I made this sub, I googled vampire bats, and it said they live for thirty years. My bad. Would 25 be okay? Or do you want me to drop it to 20?

Ty for judging! I've been eager to use this species. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom