Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Vesk-class Droid Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault_2.gif

xenonauts__ufo_heavy_fighter_by_ignusdei_d8iat53-fullview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a model of starfighters meant to complement a ship commissioned by Rocho Rocho .
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Swarm Tactics: Each squadron of the Vesk-class Droid Starfighter sums up to a total of twenty-four individual fighters, and in most situations this allows the Vesk-class to overwhelm the enemy with superior numbers and firepower, quickly seizing victory before the enemy has a chance to respond.
  • Impressive Pilots: Running on the RMD-9F Anhur Droid Brain, the Vesk-class is nothing short of incredible at starfighter combat; with a logic matrix and processor that rivals those of its organic pilot counterparts, Vesk-class can be relied on to constantly come up with new and creative combat maneuvers and strategies, using those to compound onto the huge amount of stored flight data and pre-programmed tactics. This means that whether it's with its squadron or alone, the Vesk-class is an intimidating fighter to fight against.
WEAKNESSES
  • Defenses: Despite its high offensive rating, the Vesk-class has does not have much in terms of defenses; with no shields to speak of, the Vesk-class is a space-worthy tin can. This means that, when overwhelmed by enemy fighters, point-defense, or flak fire, the Vesk-class is not able to take a large number of hits. As such, the droid starfighter makes a very poor defensive screen, and in certain cases, a commander must use wise tactics to prevent his fighter force from being annihilated.
  • Loss of Signal: Being its mothership in a sense, essentially all of the Vesk-class's communications and orders are received and transmitted through the Robber's Crown. In the event that the communications of the Robber's Crown are tampered with or otherwise disabled, the Vesk-class will complete its immediate objective but then essentially power off due to the lack of directive, rendering the starfighters essentially useless.
DESCRIPTION
Created to complement the ship commissioned by the bounty hunter known as Rocho, the Vesk-class Droid Starfighter was built in tandem with the
Robber's Crown, designed to be the ship's primary offensive technology in battle. A droid starfighter, the Vesk-class is designed around the common 'swarm and destroy tactic;' each squadron contains twenty-four individual fighters, each with their own heavy armament of laser cannons and proton torpedos. In addition to that, the Vesk-class features the RMD-9F Anhur Droid Brain, making it nothing short of incredible at starfighter combat -- a logic matrix and heuristic processor allow the Vesk-class to constantly come up with new and creative combat maneuvers and strategies, using them in tandem with a large archive of flight data and pre-programmed tactics. Whether it's by itself or surrounded by others like it, the Vesk-class is nothing less than an intimidating fighter to come up against.

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Alright, Alban Roble Alban Roble ,

So pretty solid so far, however; you are over on ratings by three points. Additionally, having an average defense is not a weakness nor is your weakness of having to dock at a specific ship. I'm going to need two tangible PvP weakness since you've given me two tangible PvP strengths.

Let me know when the adjustments/edits have been made to the submission so I can have a look, and we can get this moved to the approved section.

Fiolette Raaf

I changed the defensive ratings of the ship and adjusted the wording in the 'defense' weakness accordingly, making that a viable weakness. I also completely changed the second weakness. Concerning the ratings of the ship - I double-checked the numbers, and it looks balanced to me. Is there some sort of visual you could send so I could see what I'm missing?

Fiolette Fortan

F
I changed the defensive ratings of the ship and adjusted the wording in the 'defense' weakness accordingly, making that a viable weakness. I also completely changed the second weakness. Concerning the ratings of the ship - I double-checked the numbers, and it looks balanced to me. Is there some sort of visual you could send so I could see what I'm missing?

Thank you for adjusting your defensive rating, it comes a little more in line with balance and the adjusted weakness is still iffy at best at least to me. What I'm going to do is go ahead and send this to pending and let John Locke John Locke get a second glance at this before getting the full approval.

Alban Roble Alban Roble

Alban Roble Alban Roble | Fiolette Raaf

I'm afraid that this ship is currently still unbalanced, for your ease of understanding I'll include my workings in the spoiler below.

Production: Semi-unique = +3
Armament: Extreme = -3
Defenses: Low = +1
Squadron Count: Extreme = -3
Maneuverability Rating: Average = 0
Speed Rating: Average = 0

Total: 3-3+1-3=-2

As you can see from the workings above you're actually 2 points overpowered. Now, I could leave the submission the way it is and approve it if you wish, but the submission might be reported later and pulled for review.

I also feel the Loss of Signal weakness is a little iffy, mostly due to the fact that the fighters are able to complete their objective before shutting down. I understand that this is simply due to their completing the last task sent to them, but if they're tasked to destroy a fleeing ship, who manages to cut off their communications with the mothership, they would still keep coming in the same way.

Please look through my points and come back to me with your thoughts and any adjustments you want to make.

John Locke John Locke

My bad. I did not realize that hyperdrive rating did not factor into the balancing, and the ratings have been adjusted.

As for the Loss of Signal weakness, I'm not sure if my wording was particularly clear, but I tried to describe it as they would complete the 'immediate' objective; in many cases, this would be 'evade fire from x' or 'shoot down x starfighter,' and stuff like 'blow up the big ship' would be a more overall objective. I constructed it this way so it wouldn't leave a Death Star/Reactor weakness for PVP, but still a very damaging and disabling thing someone could take advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom