Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Veran Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
black%2Bnine%2Btailed%2Bfox.png

Designation: Semi-Sentient
Homeworld: Veradune
Language: Barks, growls, gestures with tails
Average height of adults: 1.7 meters
Skin color: Tan.
Hair color: Black, White, Red, Grey, Silver, Gold, and any combination thereof.
Breathes: Type 1. Can withstand slightly hostile atmospheres.
Strengths:
Despite their looks, each tail is prehensile.
Intelligent and easily trained.
Extremely fast and agile.
Loyal
Claws and teeth can shred through up to a half inch of steel
Canine Senses
Strong tails can crack ribs if they deliver a solid hit
Normally capable of carrying 455 kg
Immune to Teradin toxins

Weaknesses:
Loud noises can cause pain
Veran Foxes will avoid areas with pungent odors, unless specially trained to do otherwise.
No real armor save thick fur. (Anything above weak blasters or glancing blows from a knife will easily go through)
Well trained Foxes may follow even detrimental orders from their masters.
Losing a tail in combat may cripple a Veran as the pain will most likely overwhelm them.
Large coat of fur causes them to need some sort of cooling when placed on hot planets like Korriban and prevents them from going to places like Mustafar

Distinctions: The Veran Fox is a large Vulpine, its characteristics coming from foxes, much like the other species of their home planet. Despite appearing as large foxes, the largest distinction of the Veran Foxes are their five large tails, capable of bludgeoning their enemies to death. Their bushy coat of fur allows them to survive the other predators of Veradune as well as shirk off weaker blasters and knives in the field, however enough weaker bolts in once place will burn through the fur fairly quickly. Also, their bodies, much like their Zorren masters are composed of condensed muscles and stronger than average bones, allowing them to carry approximately 455kg.

Average Lifespan: 3,000 years
Races: There is only one true race with varying fur colors
Estimated Population: 3 million
Diet: Veran Foxes usually survive off meat, though they are omnivorous and can eat most other substances in times of need. Large amounts of chocolate will poison them as well as any other dog poisoning food in large ammounts.
Communication: Barks, howls, yips, and movements with their tails
Culture: Having evolved alongside the Zorren people, the Veran foxes are closely linked to the species, much as the domesticated man is to dog. Used for various purposes from mounts to hunting dogs before the fall, the Veran foxes have been bred to be easily trained and while other species can utilize them, they will always be easier taught by a zorren, unless there is a significant change over a large period of time.
Technology level: Incapable of utilizing technology
General behavior: While the Zorren developed a sense of protection, the Veran foxes developed an instinct of loyalty, causing them to follow any order almost unquestioningly. Hesitation is only shown in extreme cases such as when an unusual order is given (I.e., A man who usually defends others is suddenly killing weak and unarmed opponents[also known as pulling an Anakin Skywalker]), or when the command endangers the Veran Fox’s life. When their masters are in danger, a Veran fox will ways come to the persons defense, even when it may cause them pain or worse.
History:
5,500 BBY: Veran Foxes are trained by the first Zorrens.
3,000 BBY: Veran Foxes are now bred for loyalty to the Zorren people
1,000 BBY: Veran Foxes are now related to Zorrens, verging on symbiotic relationships.
100 ABY: After the Tenevi times of secrecy, Veran are now rarely exported off planet.
400 ABY: Zorren civil war starts and Veran Foxes are now restricted to Veradune
400ABY- Near Present: Veran Foxes are impossible to find in the outside galaxy, living in the wild of Veradune or aiding the Zorren rebels
Present: Veran Foxes are retaking their place with the rising Veran population
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To increase the fauna of Veradune as well as give the Zorren a companion creature that fits with their lore. Also, to provide a mount that is not a scaly, flying, fire breathing dragon while having skills that counterbalance the weaknesses of not being said dragon.

Their fur resists weak blasters? That'd be a strength.

You have substantial notable strengths and weaknesses that don't balance them out. Carrying 700kg? Shredding durasteel? You either need to tone down the strengths or have some substantial weaknesses added. Or both.

Zorrens ride them? They're a bit to small (even if they're incredibly strong) for afullgrown Zorren to ride. Might want to make them bigger.

Define 'innocent' person. The fox decides who is and isin't innocent? To what extent are they semi-sentient?

Tag me when you're ready.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Added

Shredding claws were based much off of a Felacatian's ability to do the same. A veran fox is larger and stronger, so I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to. Blaster shrugging is just because its a really bushy coat which means that's another thing for a plasma weapon to burn through. Immune to teradin toins is an evolutionary thing and likely wont come into play as I dout few people will use it outside of the people who own the trees and consequentially, the foxes. Strength of body and tail is once again based off the great strength of the largest horse I could think of. Basically, I gave it everything I think a giant tamed fox should logically have with few perks added perks(prehensile tail and teradin immunity).

As for adding to weaknesses, you'll have to help me there. Considering its a big target that can be taken down by anything above cheap civilian baster pistols, the fact its main weapon can cripple it completely if lost, and any flash bang would send it running for cover I literally cannot think of too much that wouldn't get it killed as soon as they were brought onto the field. I added normal dog poisons but if ya want more, then I'll need suggestions as I got nothing.

The size and carry weight is actually based on a Clydesdale horse(average size is 1.7 M- 1.9 M) Those horses are also known to carry a ridiculous amount of weight.

What do you define as innocent? No, I'm not being snippy, I mean thats kinda how it is. Did you kill a bunch of people? No. Are you just a little girl in a subway? Yes, ok then you're innocent. I used that as an example simply that the fox will pick up if its hero of a master is suddenly killing younglings.

[member="Mrrew"]

While it making sense for the jaws to be strong enough for something like that; I doubt their claws would be as strong as a Felactian's, minaly because the difference between feline and canine claws. Feline claws are evolutionarly weapons (though they're also used for traction and climbing) while Canine paws are less flexible, so they do not have as much contorl over their claws, making them ineffective weapons (They're more for traction and sometimes digging). So evolutionary it wouldn't really make sense. However if you want to keep it that's fine, but it wouldn't really work as weapons, sincedog's can't use their paws (therfore claws) in the same ways as cats.

Edit: However, I have a feeling you probably nkow more about foxes then I do. If foxes are built differntly then dogs, then do tell.

As for weaknesses if you dropped the claws I don't think you'd need more. I'm mainly worried that these guys will be abused as war beasts. I doubt it'll happen, but it can so I'm trying to cover all bases.

My bad about the size, the metric system still confuses me on occasian, I thoguht you were saying they're much smaller hten they actually are.

When I say 'what's innocent' I'm thinking from an animal's point of view instead of a humans'. For a predator? Slaughtering younglings is fine if they're food. So is eating a little girl on a subway. And "From my point of view the Jedi are evil"- if the fox's master is a Sith. You might reword it to something like they would object to attacking a friend or a someone that is not threatening (I.E A youngling or a little girl on a subway) Innocent is to broad a term- all depends on your point of view.

Tag me when you're ready. :)

[member="Vulpesen"]

One thing I love about Foxes is that they're basically cats in dog form. The common grey fox is capable of climbing trees. Veran can't due to their weight, but their claws are modeled to be that sharp. If a normal fox can dig into wood, I wouldn't think that a clydesdale fox cutting through steel would be too much of a stretch(especially since the usual mount in star wars breathes fire)

As for war beast, I do want it to be brought into certain battles as a mount, albeit cautiously. My reason for these weapons is that much like a fox, it has little to no defensive capabilities, yet can be considered more dangerous for a wolf in terms of danger(though technically, that's because of rabies). All other offensive animals on the site or in the star wars universe, generally have some kind of armor, whether its a maalraas' lightsaber resistant bone, Nocur with their saber resisting oils, dragons with scaly hides, or the force resistant Tarentatek.(not to mention the 5 hundred different vong there are).

Veran foxes are fast agile, and great on the attack. But a well placed blaster WILL put them down. I ddn't give them anything more than fur after all. Its like leather armor... really, its just a step above clothing.

Anyways, as for the edit on strengths, I can go down to steel without any problems(and further if you insist), but I have to say, its a massive man eating fox. Its a bit different than other dogs in several respects and well... those claws are meant to be digging into things such as wood, or anything else that might try to endanger it. If that thing has nothing stronger than steel, then the brunt force of a paw swipe alone would likely break the claws, or the armor.

[member="Mrrew"]

I did forget how eaisly grey foxes can climb trees, meaning they probably have cat-like paws. Fair enough, Y'learn something new every day. :p You don't need to drop lower then steel, but no shredding durasteel armor.

I'm fine with them being war beasts, I just don't wnat them to be abused as war beasts- I don't want them to be super beasts, which is why I was being cautious with all the strengths. I'm not worried about that now though.

After the claw edit you should be good to go.

[member="Vulpesen"]

These look good overall. All in all I love species like this. Obviously, abuse and suffer.

Approved, pending secondary.
[member="Vulpesen"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom