Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
Kade awaited fray of battle with bated breath. What more could Mando wish than to fight facing fearful odds, for the payment of his services, and the glory of his gods?

Clad in the armor of his ancestors, Kade turned and gave hearty shout to fellow ​vod in troop bay.

"OYA'KARIIIIR!"

They returned shout with equal or surpassing measure, causing hearts to soar and metal sing.

"OOOOYA!"

CLANG

Kade slammed his beskad against his armored chest. He did it again, and again. Others who held beskads did the same until the bay was filled with a drumbeat of clashing iron.

CLANG CLANG

By the time the boarding shuttle neared the first of the foreign enemy ships, dozens of Saevan mercenaries and Mando hunters had worked themselves into a frenzy.

[member="Sera Spar"] | [member="Aedan Miles"]

Marcus Tritum

M
Why the feth am I unloading a mag from my CZ-836 into the barn side of a tram?

Turns out, Kuat Drive Yards is pretty important to some brass in the Tri-Sith.

Turns out, they don't like it so much when people try to jack their stuff.

Turns out, they have stormtroopers to help guard those kind of mission critical installations.

Turns out, I just happened to be one of the lucky few chosen for this duty station.

Ergo, I get to ventilate some punks.

So that's probably why I'm standing there with my old pal Hannibal, pumping out rounds from my czerka rifle, trying to hit one of these friggin' hooligans. For a moment there it felt like we were back in the good old days with the Fringe.

Now, I don't normally enjoy the idea of shootin' at women, especially Jedi women, but she didn't comply with the directive to stand down. Can't say we didn't try.

So, I squeezed the trigger and sent two three round bursts of 5.56mm Flare slugs straight at the chick. The pyrophoric gel would ignite on contact. Even if she waved her magic glowstick and cut 'em out of the air she'd still have to deal with the spray of hot molten lead and flames from the gel. Probably burn her hands, but that was the way it worked with the burlap brigade.

[member="Lorelei Darke"] | [member="Hannibal Oryen"]
[member="Jaster Starfallen"] | [member="Celiana"] | [member="Charzon Loulan"]

Fierfeck'la Osik! I'm glad I'd already been prepared for things to go badly. The first hail of bullets rang out against what little cover we had and I instinctively ducked. After the battle droid's first volley I waited for them to begin re-loading then I rolled out from cover and released the Anger I'd been holding into the mass of droids in the form of indigo-blue Force Lightning with my left hand. My right sheathed my saber and pulled my pistol and I unleashed a three round burst into a ventilation pipe puncturing it and releasing a volley of steam. I hoped Jaster would use that as an opportunity to move up.

I moved off to the left side and with my senses still open I felt a percussive blast from the hangar area. The Force-dead person I now realized, they had a sniping position. Looking out through my helmet I was able to confirm there was a bio sign there. "Jaster, the Force-dead presence it's a sniper. They're in the hangar but I can't tell exactly where." Fierfeck'la Osik! I hoped to The Force that someone else was on their way. As it was some of the people here on this mission were supposed to be armed, we needed back-up NOW. Speaking over the squad comms I asked, "anyone care to help out here?! What happened to the other armed people in this group and where the Fierfeck are they?!"

I primed two det packs of high yield incendiary explosives who knew? Maybe the heat flare would blind their sensors. If not well, there was always the big boom and ensuing chaos to make options available.

[member="Jaster Starfallen"]
[member="Charzon Loulan"]

Marcus Tritum

M
Did you know that space wizards can sense people who are Force Dead? Found that out when we played back the intercepted transmissions after the whole shebang was over. Pretty strange, huh. Kinda like a blind man seeing a candle flame. Anyway, where was I? Oh right.

Electricity leapt from her fingers, big fat thick threads of hissing blue that forked into the middle of our clankers and took out at least two that I saw. They went twitching to the floor, processors completely fried, spewing smoke and sparks.

"Feth," I swore, eyebrows skyrocketing.

Apparently, Jedi also use Force Lightning. Maybe she was not a Jedi. Seemed like a Sith move, but then again Silver Jedi had used Force lightning pretty frequently on Ruusan against the Triumvirate. I don't know, space wizards get pretty confusing.

The holoprocessors of my helmet's eye visors cut through the steam from the pipe, allowing me to get a solid bead on the retreating figure of the female. The burlap brigadier whipped out what looked to be detpacks and started to fiddle with them.

Since my rifle has thirty round magazines and I'd only fired two round bursts of three each, basic math tells me I have twenty-four rounds left in the magazine. So, I decided what the hell and pulled the trigger four times.

Do you know what four times three is? It's a lot of acid-filled slugs is what it is.

The hailstorm of slugs buzzed through the air toward the Jedi, who seemed fairly busy with those detpacks. Which, by the way, aren't exactly 'flip a switch and toss 'em' like grenades. Gotta take time to calibrate them, set 'em up, et cetera. Really would've been more efficient just to chuck a grenade at us, but hey I'm just a stormtrooper.

[member="Celiana"] | [member="Jaster Starfallen"] | [member="Hannibal Oryen"] | [member="Charzon Loulan"]

Silas moved slowly throughout the station. He wasn't taking any chances now that it was down to him and his hijacked droid. Not that the Droid would be too much help. Because of the ion grenade he's hit it with earlier, much of the systems were a little bit glitchy. He's barely been able to ensure the Friend-Foe parameters weren't affected before he had to move due to an approaching patrol.

Not too far from the closed bulkheads of the cargo area, he encountered another set of bulkheads, this time leading to another section of the station entirely. Pulling up his holocomputer to check his location again, he realized he did, in fact, make an error. He'd been misreading the map, this whole karking time, and was actually still in the warehouses, right next to one of several Kuat drive yards security headquarters throughout the ring station. "Poodoo!" He cursed.

He looked around, trying to see if there was anybody coming, or otherwise might compromise his mission. He couldn't see anyone, so went on with his plan. He walked to the door control panel, slapping the release button, which naturally didn't work. Shaking his head, Silas took a sonic screwdriver out from his bag, removing the metal plate over the panel, intending to get into the door controls innards to force it open. 'This could take a while...' he thought to himself as he mentally kicked himself for his mapreading skills.

"[member="Celiana"], [member="Jaster Starfallen"], if you guys aren't dead yet, you'll be happy to know I'm actually stuck in one of these lovely warehouses near your position, seeing as how I misread the map." Silas said, dry sarcasm his method of dealing with his frustration, "So, I may take a bit longer than I'd hoped to reach the Droid Control station within the security offices."

Kuat City

Eyelids slowly retracted to reveal silver-green orbs set in a very irritated glare at Davin Norton, the alter ego of Lord Marduk. From his seated position in the center of the expansive living room of a penthouse suite in Kuat City, Cameron Centurion made a simple statement. "Speak."

Marduk knew better than to delay unnecessarily. "There has been report of a disturbance at KDY."

Cameron arched a curious brow. Marduk was not aware of Cameron's connection to the Sovereign of Kuat or her daughter. "KDY has a rather exhausting security contingent, and if I'm not mistaken, we contributed some forces to the One Sith for strengthening of vital resources, did we not?"

"Yes, Mi'lord, that is correct."

"...please tell me there is some other, much more important reason why you've elected to interrupt my daily, scheduled meditation."

Normally, Marduk was pretty good about keeping his facial expressions in check when he was interrupted by the man on the floor. Today, however, Marduk was a touch sleep-deprived from his social activities the night prior. After all, he did have a relative cover to maintain. "If you'll let me fin---" Marduk's brain lagged about four and a half words behind his mouth, and he instantly knew it was four and a half too many.

Fixing the man with a glare that, literally, could kill if manipulated as such, Cameron slowly came to his feet. Folding his arms across his bare chest, Cameron allowed a thin smile to touch his lips. "Finish? Please..." The Sith Lord motioned for the experienced young Knight to continue. "...do go on."

"Nevermind, Mi'lord." Marduk was aware that no information would get him out of this predicament. His best bet was simply to try and slink away with his life mostly intact.

The Sith Lord waved a dismissive hand, still smiling. There was rarely a need to threaten, most typically knew what awaited them. Once the man had departed, Cameron casually made his way over to the holocom on his desk. After typing in a specific frequency, his finger hovered over the connection button for several moments. "She'll be fine." Turning, the Sith Lord walked away from the desk and prepared to retreat towards the master bedroom for a shower.

There was no real animosity between Cameron and [member="Lorelei Darke"], his mother-in-law that he had one hundred and ten percent once attempted to sleep with decades ago now. Though perhaps that was an erroneous distinction given his definitively and almost exclusively physical relationship with the woman's granddaughter prior to that. The Shamalain family was like an awkward fixed point of reference for Cameron's intrigue over the years. The peculiar reality of his interactions with the family did not escape Cameron's awareness. Not only that...all of them were drastically different personalities.

Either way, Cameron entertained limited interactions with Lorelei principally because...well... There seemed precious little to talk about. Between the two of them, a veritable aeon had passed, and there simply was little to be learned in interaction. Esmae rarely came up...unless something specific was happening. As a result, their conversations almost always devolved into a myriad of verbal and physical games erected upon one another be it out of amusement, purpose, or boredom.

Right now...she had plenty to deal with. If assistance became necessary, Cameron would no doubt respond accordingly. Family was family, after all.

"Mother of moons!" I exclaim as droids fired on my position. I bolt of pain races up my arm as I roll behind the blast doors as fast as I can, to minimize damage and foul their aim. I look down and inspect myself to make sure I have all four limbs. Yep. I notice a few new blaster marks on my armor but they don't hurt too much. Then I see the large hole in my armor and arm. I move around a little and there is a little sting for the small marks but nothing major. The hole however, hurts a lot. Blood starts trickling down my arm and I grit my teeth. The pain is bearable and it shouldn't hinder me in battle. "Alright punk, you're gonna get it."

I poke my head and my blaster out the edge of cover and fire on the remaining droids. The cyborg is gonna be our main problem, but best to take out any droids he's commanding. Just in case he's a smart tactician or uses them to do something fancy to kill us. I look over at [member="Celiana"] who blasted a pipe and steam came out. She runs back and primes some detpacks. Well the steam is great cover, and it seems like she wants me to move up.

I break into a sprint while shooting randomly and roll past the cyborg's position. I'm under the broken pipe now and I hunker down. Silas comes over the comms and informs me of his predicament. I sigh and prop myself up against my cover. If nothing comes my way I'll move up and flank the cyborg. The sniper is a problem though.

"Celiana, do you know exactly where the sniper is? I've moved up on your right and I can flank them but the sniper could bring me down." I wait patiently for a reply. "And what are you doing with those detpacks? You're just as likely to kill us! This was not part of the plan!" I add. Couldn't something go right?

Jessica saw in the cloud of smoke a brief moment of respite, while Charzon and Marcia stay hidden inside the crate of the docking bay, rather than behind it, waiting for their moment to roast the enemy security forces, even if it meant punching a hole inside the crate. Right now Charzon and Marcia feel that the time isn't ripe for them to fire at any security forces without being roasted themselves because the holes are not big enough to see anything. But Jessica, on the other hand, can't see much of anything about what transpires outside the tram, but fired a shot at the control cab door's lock, using a F-11D from a fallen droid, thinking that she can get the cab for a manual override of that particular tram, that is, if she could successfully enter the tram's control cab. But once she took a shot at control cab door's lock, she realizes in horror that blast doors closed tram tunnels in both directions, and ceased caring about the control cab. Jessica turned to [member="Celiana"]:

"Would putting a detpack in the control cab affect the blast door, if we set the cab to get into position to close in on the blast door?" Jessica asked.

But with that being said, Jessica moves up, albeit a few seconds after [member="Jaster Starfallen"], while the effects of the smoke still lasted. With an anti-tank rifle on her back, Jessica positioned herself in a crouched position, perhaps even crawling, aiming at any remaining droid or the cyborg. If there was any "space wizard" in there, and they attempted to deflect a shot of her anti-tank rifle with their lightsaber, they would find themselves with a particle beam impact, or having to dodge one. Otherwise she still have a F-11D for her more heavy-duty kind of thing, because the anti-tank rifle can't fire very fast. With the main drawback being that she may find herself eating a shot of her own blaster.

[member="Dak Canton"] [member="Hannibal Oryen"]

My kind of thinking. Speaking back into the comms I said, "yeah it could, it'd be karking hot enough to melt through anything short of cortosis or Mandalorian Iron, the shockwave force would probably be enough to send the cab through the blast doors." Still though, we'd have to worry about the whole being boxed in with battle-droids and hostile people that wanted us dead, and get shot at while trying to escape. I was up for whatever would get us out of being shot at. I still had to get back to Voss in one piece there'd be a girl who'd be very upset if I didn't...

[member="Charzon Loulan"]
[member="Jaster Starfallen"]

Silas had managed to get the plate off of the door controls and was staring at the mess of wires and circuitry. 'Just imagine this is a droids processing board,' he mentally told himself, taking a deep breath.

The sound of gunfire and shouting from the tram station didn't help his concentration, as he kept looking back every once in a while to see if the fighting was heading his way or not. His six fingers worked together, holding wires and rerouting power throughout the door control module in such a way that, theoretically, the door should open. Though, Silas was mainly counting on luck... And hoping they hadnt cut power to the doors.

If he lived through this mission he was going to take a really long vacation. At least three weeks. Maybe he's get to tinker on his droid some more. Shaking his head free of distractions he placed the final wire into place. 'Here goes nothing,' he though to himself.

[member="Silas Miu"]

With a degenerate groan the door hissed open; two clone troopers standing guard on the other side immediately turned with their blasters raised. Nobody in or out without explicit authorization from the CEO, those were the orders. The first looked to Silas standing at the control panel, "Crowne Control: we have a breech at Warehouse B, I repeat we have a breech at Warehouse B."

"Hands up!" ordered the second.

Crowne Control
"We have a potential suspect at Warehouse B, Ma'am. Bay Door 11 has been breeched. Apprehension procedure in progress."

"That sector is supposed to be on lockdown," Lorelei turned back to Security feed screens.

"Sensors are picking up a forced entry. Bay Door 11 unresponsive, control locally compromised."

"Get me security feed on that location," Lorelei's tone remained the sort of level and calm one only saw before a particularly nasty storm, "and send backup."

SPACE, NEAR KDY ORBITAL YARDS

A new sensor contact appeared, then blossomed, a star cruiser decanting and launching small craft. Jorus trained the LightStealth-18's powerful scanners on the area and found a Star Destroyer of ancient pattern, armed to the gills, as well as a complement of boarding shuttles. They were making not for the ring's various unoccupied docks, but for the Maersk of Lanteeb. That's how it seemed to Jorus from this angle, anyway. Imperious, said the IFF, but it wasn't a One Sith telesponder. Private sector. Kuat's many friends had come calling, it seemed, and whoever had launched this raid was hosed. Utterly hosed.

At a guess, if the transport ran, it would head...thattaway, and take heavy fire in the process. Jorus arced the LS18 around to match a potential average escape vector, going with his gut.

Silas' frustration with the wiring in the control panel gave way to near-panic when, upon the doors finally opening, he was confronted with two armor clad figures toting blaster rifles, apparently with his name on them.

Silas cursed his luck, his hands raising slightly, in a form of semi-surrender while his mind raced furiously, trying to think of a way out of this mess. At the sight of his hands raising, one guard, still with weapon raised, approached him in order to properly detain him, while the other stayed where he was as backup.

With a half-formed plan, Silas sprung to action. As soon as the guard approaching him began to lower his rifle and move to grab his right arm, Silas quickly got both of his hands around the guards outstretched left arm, yanking him around in front of him, so the guards were facing each other.

The guard he'd grabbed cried out in surprise, as the other one took a step forward, looking side to side to see if there was a spot where he'd have a good shot at center-mass on Silas. Silas, meanwhile, had drawn his heavy Blaster pistol with his right hand, and, crouching lower, he began to take a few steps back, keeping his gun trained on the guard he'd pulled in front of him moments before. If the guard he was aiming at began to spin around, Silas would fire, probably scoring a few good hits at his back, afterwards, he'd dive for cover behind a nearby crate on his right. He hoped his plan worked. He'd hate to get caught.

"Thurstal to Sovereign Darke. Apologies for the delay, Your Grace."

Holo-feeds were already in place in what he dubbed his entertainment center. Sitting in the replica bridge chair, security feeds were arrayed around half of his field of view. The other half showed the picket security detail and their position around the hangars and supply docks, as well as high-speed corvettes aligning on possible escape vectors. Fingers flew across communications keys, the soft electric pulse of his ocular implants aligning with the holo framerate and compensating for variations in the stream. He flipped through communications channels, modulated baritone giving casual orders that were anything but suggestions.

"This is Thurstal. Picket force 7-03, move to staging area 6. Onboard security, detain the bridge personnel and send them to their respective brigs. My authorization or higher required for their release before questioning."

Another click, and the feeds shifted to the supply docks. Some showed no signal, some showed jamming, others showed clear views. A frown creased his otherwise smooth brow... they knew the security feed locations. They knew the layout of this particular dock, and perhaps more of the facility. This changed the necessary response, to something a bit more personal. More clinical.

Supply Dock 7c was not under his technical command, though in practice the One Fleet provided most of the security for approaching vessels. Nevertheless, it would prove to be... detrimental... if he were to sit idly by, and more importantly to allow whatever this incursion was to be completed.

"Emergency code Delta-853. Scramble picket force 7-02, 7-06, and 7-11. 02 and 06 move to intercept trajectories centered around Bay 7c. 7-11, force flag initiate midspace scans and report on ship activity within 15 parsecs. Corvettes, plot possible escape trajectories and align on the four most likely."

Acknowledgement beeps came through almost immediately, and the formations changed for the three five-ship security forces just outside the planet's gravity well. Two moved inside, closer to the docks, while the third fanned out and oriented itself on pursuit vectors facing away. From behind him, if he looked through the portholes, he may have even seen the glows of their drives as they moved.

Click. Change. Ranks of weapons and troopers running past, seizing blasters and pistols behind the grizzled visage of the Commandant of Security. He had been waiting for the connection, and had already given the order to deploy troops. Only a slight pinning of the man's pupils indicated any sense of fear from the calm officer.

"Admiral Thurstal. The team that was assigned for document and content inspection are all dead. They let the bastards get lines of sight against protocols, and stayed together like bloody greenhorns."

A smile. Preemptive explanations, while sometimes annoying, were nevertheless welcome in emergency situations. It gave the mindset of the man, and told the Admiral that he was not immediately responsible for the breach of security, merely having grown complacent in peacetime. A punishable offense, yes. Court-martial? Perhaps. His response to the next order, and its success, would determine that particular decision tree.

"Commandant. Deploy four landing shuttles and eight squads to the hangar. You'll need four assault, two stealth, and two heavy units to adequately deal with these foes. Do not fail the Sovereign a second time."

The man's hand was rising in a salute, and his unnecessary exhortation of success was cut off by the next gesture of a Chiss hand.

Click. Change. This time, a voice preempted the announcement. A young Corellian, with hair in a loose ponytail, was sitting in front of a console, fingers flying over keypads, cursors and text flying across as many panels as the Admiral was viewing.

"Sir. I am tracking their slicer's movements through our systems. They are after the schematics for medium and heavy destroyers. I have been able to keep them out so far, but their slicer is better than I am. Do you want me to scramble?"

There was an EMP in the central data stores of the KDY computer hub. In the event of a security breach or active slice, the system could be deployed, eliminating every scrap of data at the cost of ruining the equipment and shutting production down for a full six weeks while components were replaced and backups retrieved. It was an unforgivable order to execute... and even moreso to not.

Still, their attempt at the plans was interesting. With the still-classified plans for the Hammertongs devices still in the KDY computers, as well as the plans for the Executor and Eclipse dreadnoughts, the fact that they were targeting the destroyers spoke volumes.

"Stand by, Roderick. Continue to interfere, but do not prime the scrambler. Keep this channel open, and keep me apprised of their progress."

Click. Change. Galactic maps. He hummed softly to himself, keying a few quick search commands, ones that he had used several times in recent days as he pondered expansion and conquest... only as an intellectual exercise, of course. Mineral exporters. Smuggler activity.

Shipyards.

"My Lords. Skirmish and possible data breach from Kuat. Target: Medium and heavy destroyer schematics. Suspect faction backing. Call the sleepers at Anaxes, Corellia, Midway, and Byss, have them issue reports at their earliest convenience. Will follow up."

In the span of thirty seconds, he had cycled through many of his emergency presets, and then brought back the first connection. He rose and tugged his uniform into a presentable lack of wrinkles, then knelt before the visage of Sovereign Darke, his voice strong but subdued.

"I apologize for the delay, my Lady. The assault on these yards is inexcusable, and the responsible officers will be dealt with accordingly. However, I am sending eight security squads to deal with the interlopers directly, and have scrambled a picket force to intercept should they try to flee. I await your command."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom