OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A personal weapon for Velok.
- Image Source: "Weapon Designs" by Ryan Didcote, found at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mXAKa
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: Sith Sword (closest equivalent)
- Manufacturer: Velok
- Affiliation: Velok
- Model: N/A
- Modularity: No
- Production: Unique
- Material: Orbalisk chitin
- Classification: Sword
- Size: Larve
- Weight: Very Heavy
Comparable to a classic Sith sword in function, Velok's cleaver is a brutal weapon designed to shear through or bash past armor plate. Velok carved it out of the shell of a large orbalisk using corusca-tipped tools. Orbalisks, an ancient alchemical creature, can withstand and absorb gigantic amounts of electrical current, and can repel the blade of a lightsaber. They also grow throughout their lives. Velok found a tough old one and ground down its shell into a weapon that suited him.
- Lightsaber resistance on par with a decent midgrade Sith sword.
- Can absorb lightning in quantity.
- Advanced vibrogenerators and substantial weight allow it to shear through an awful lot with Velok's strength behind it.
- Retains an amplified echo of the orbalisk's ability to feed on the Force: any Force-sensitive cut by the blade will feel slightly and temporarily weaker in the Force. A somewhat more powerful drain takes place if Velok kills a Force-sensitive with the cleaver. Any siphoned power can be saved up and used in emergencies, within reason, when Velok needs a second wind.
- Very heavy for a weapon of its size. Definitely not suited for fencing or knife-fighting.
- Lightsabers will notch the blade and may damage it with sustained contact, making it less unnaturally durable than a good Sith sword.
- Force-null fields (ysalamiri, void stone) will permanently dissipate whatever energy the weapon has stored up.
- A Dark Side presence makes the cleaver noticeable to Jedi senses, unless specially concealed by various means.