Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech VCE class Engineering Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture: http://i.imgur.com/Xz8wPyN.jpg
Credit: The World of the Future (Book)

Intent: To create a void-capable engineering droid for use in starship construction and maintenance.

Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: VCE class Engineering Droid
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast, other materials.

Description:
Designed to operate in hostile conditions ranging from sandstorms and aquatic environments right up to toxic or corrosive environments and the cold of space, this droid was made to go anywhere. Primarily used in the construction industry, this droid is most often seen assembling a mining facility on site or constructing a starship at a shipyard. Built with complex operations in mind, Mandal Hypernautics devoted a considerable amount of internal space to a complex droid brain capable of understanding the advanced technology it would be working on and how to ensure the safety of that technology in a number of complex environments. Included in the design is a secondary 'intuitive' droid brain that is capable of learning from the successful and unsuccessful endeavors of the droid. Eventually, this secondary droid brain is capable of coming up with some rather ingenious solutions to the complex problems often faced during terrestrial operations.

Classification: Class Two Engineering Droid
Weight: 1.2 tons
Height: 2.2 meters
Movement: Repulsor System
Armaments: None Standard
Misc. Equipment: Sound and Particulate Sensor System, Variable Spectrum Optics, Medium range communications transceiver, two Manipulator arms, four specialized tool arms.

Two things:

1) Can you provide a citation/source for the image please?

2) What's the approximate cost of one of these droids? The cost can be an actual number or a generic "It's as much as a starfighter/cheap as a blaster pistol" description.

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks!

@[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

So I found the original source of the image... After nearly 3 hours of searching.

*wants a cookie*

I am currently compiling a list of item prices using some old PDF's I have of the Star Wars D20 rulebooks. I'll post the results of my compiling later tonight and come up with an exact price (in credits) for every item that I have submitted so far. (including spaceships)

That's very diligent of you to find the artist. Good job!
Regarding the cost, don't worry about an exact credit amount, unless you really want to. I am just hoping to flesh out the description a bit with information prospective users might like to know. :)

An approximation of the cost, like in relation to a star fighter is perfectly acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom