Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Variable Effect Biological Weapon 489

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a specialized bioweapon
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Bioweapon

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Bioweapon
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Explosive Type: Viral Agent
  • Delivery Method: Battlefield: Dropped from high altitude, then acts as an airburst munition
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Area Of Effect: High altitude: Battlefield | Moderate altitude: Large | Ground level: Average
  • Stopping Power (Lethality): High altitude: None | Moderate altitude: Low | Ground level: Very High

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Virus can only reproduce a set number of times

STRENGTHS
  • Variable effect: Depending on the height of the airburst the number of people and the lethality of the virus changes due to viral load
  • Non-contaminating: Since the virus can only reproduce a limited number of times it doesn’t contaminate an area for more than 24 hours at maximum concentration

WEAKNESSES
  • Ray shields: When the virus contacts even a very weak ray shield it will be immediately destroyed
  • Limited spread: The virus can only spread so far and retain the viral load needed to be lethal to humanoids

DESCRIPTION

Delivery method: Can be loaded into any large concussion missile launcher
Delivery protocol: Rocket assisted launch, freefall, airburst release

Detonation heights:
  1. High atmosphere: When detonated in the high atmosphere of a planet the bioweapon causes mild nausea and vomiting in up to 5,000 people. The use of civilian grade respirators effective in limiting effects. This height is useful to clear streets of civilians during large riots or to limit collateral damage.
  2. Low atmosphere: When detonated at this height the virus causes extreme nausea and vomiting in up to 2,000 people, along with some bleeding in the mucus membranes. At risk populations may experience some fatalities, but these are rare. Use of military grade respirators effective against the virus. This is useful for neutralizing ill equipped hostile forces before an assault.
  3. Ground level: If detonated at street level the bioweapon causes rapid hemorrhaging and is lethal to up to 500 people. Military grade PPE will usually prevent casualties, but only fully sealed helmets are 100% effective. Use of this setting is highly controlled.
After unprotected exposure effects will last between 24 and 36 hours.

Historical information:

The Variable Effect Biological Weapon was developed to preform a variety of roles as a bioweapon. The primary use of the weapon is to attempt to clear areas of their civilian populations or to weaken the response from defending forces before an assault. This use has caused widespread discussion about how ethical this use is, whether deliberately incapacitating civilians to get them to leave an area is good for preventing collateral damage or is inhumane due to the suffering it causes. It is generally agreed within the Nothmiro Federation that deployment 2-3 days before an assault on a possibly sympathetic city in order to limit possible civilian casualties will overall provide a better "hearts and minds" effect. The useful side effect is the neutralization of enemy soldiers without proper equipment.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Chris Walker Chris Walker
Hi there I will be your judge

So the effective range in this case should be how far it can be dropped and give what the rest says it is effective even at high orbit to ground so I would guess likely battlefield range.

Secondly you need to link all the materials and give me what viruses are being used.

Lastly how can you guarantee the numbers you do with viruses?

Ravenfire Ravenfire

I've changed the range to battlefield and linked the materials.

I was told by Lazarus in the #factory_disscusion section on the discord that using the ordinance template would be alright for this kind of weapon. The infection count is based off of two real world concepts Terminator Genes and Viral Load. As dispersion in atmosphere would change the viral load and the AoE the number of people in contact will have differing effects.

Edit made to link Wikipedia within the submission.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Chris Walker Chris Walker
That's fine, I wasn't arguing what kind of template to use this is a form of bomb.
As for everything else I think I understand a bit more and that should be fine.
However with the new battlefield rating you are over balanced by 4 ratings so I would suggest bumping something down.
My suggestion would be drop this weapon to a limited production and upping size and weight.
Other would be do different ratings for each sorta level that you have already given in the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom