OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a new carrier for the First Order.
- Image Source: Adam Kop | DeviantArt (x)
- Canon Link: None
- Restricted Missions: None.
- Primary Source: None.
- Manufacturer: The First Order.
- Model: Vanguard-Class
- Affiliation: The First Order.
- Material: Durasteel | Quadanium Steel | Glasteel
- Classification: Carrier
- Length: 1000 Meters
- Width: 450 Meters
- Height: 250 Meters
- Armament: Very Low
8x Ion Cannons
- 22x Turbolasers
- 12x Gravity Mine Dispensers
- 44x Point Defence Lasers
- Deflector Shield
[*]Hangar: Extreme. 10 Squadrons of First Order TIE variants
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Low
[*]Speed Rating: Average
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average
Communications Interception and Decryption Suite: Embedded within the Vanguard is a communications interception and decryption suite. It can potentially intercept enemy communications, and decrypt them, although it takes some time to perform these actions.
Sensor Jammer (x): The Vanguard is fitted with the 220 SIG Tactical Sensor Jamming system, a system which can hinder the enemy and their sensor ability.
M39 Comms Jammer (x): The Vanguard makes extensive use of the M39 Communications Jammer, to protect sensitive data transfers, and battle plans from unsavoury ears. It is however designed for ground use, meaning it can be somewhat troublesome to use in space.
- +Bringing the Party!: The Vanguard-Class carries a massive amount of fighters, ready for combat. Deploying this cruiser in battle, gives allied forces, access to a surplus of fighters.
- +Hackerman!: The Vanguard can intercept encrypted communications, and decrypt them. Although this process of course is not instantaneous, it can be quite fruitful.
- +Error 504: Site Could Not Be Reached: The signals and sensor jammers perform an important job, and can render the enemy blind and confused in battle.
- -Limited Role: The Vanguards main weakness, is that it has no supplementary role. It is solely a carrier. It can't double as some kind of offensive weapon, or even a defensive bastion. It carries fighters.
- -Pfft? Offence?: The Vanguard is not a blade to strike into the hearts of the enemy. Ergo, it has next to no offensive weapons.
- -Just One Match...: A critical blast, to the hangar fuel depot, may be enough to cripple, or even destroy the Vanguard. Keep this in mind.
A vessel, designated to sit in orbit, and perform garrison duty, or coordinate fighter support on more protracted military campaigns. The communications interception suite is key to this goal. The Vanguard houses an advanced communications decryption suite, its objective? Intercept communiques dispatched by enemy combatants, and decypher them. While this is mainly meant to be used in guerrilla warfare scenarios, it can be applied to active space combat. However, there of course is some delay with the decryption. But with some luck, the Vanguard can potentially crack enemy encryption and sift through their dirty laundry. Meaning that, despite it bringing nothing more than fighters, it may yet serve purpose.
In addition to the communications decryption, the vessel also employs jamming technologies able to potentially enforce a black out on communications, and sensors. The Vanguard can use these, to destroy and disable enemy synergy, and assist in offensives from the flank.
The Vanguard, is ultimately a support vessel. Reliant on its fighter, and subterfuge abilities in order to sustain viability in the field.