Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Valkyrie MK I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric Dorn

C
5uUVwva.jpg
Intent: To Create an armor Diana can wear when she's out doing stuff
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards(Permission Granted by @[member="Lady Silencia"])
Model: Valkyrie MK I
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: None
Production: Mass produced
Material: Duraplast, Iron-Skin, Durasteel
Description: Valkyrie armor was created purpose built for Diana, she ordered its creation using funds from her time as a Ballerina. As such there is currently one model of this armor, however a contract was made that within 1 year KDY would mass produce this particular model for public use.

The armor itself is mostly made of an iron-skin bodysuit with small plates covering areas of the body. These plates are made of duraplast and provide a little bit of extra protection, albeit only minimal.

In reality the armor is less for protection against Blaster Fire and Lightsabers and more for the added utility it gives Diana. The suit itself is air tight and has a number of extra features built into it. It is these features that make the armor unique.
Classification: Multipurpose, Primarily Blaster Fire resistant
Weight: 6kg
Quality: 7 (Plate and Body)
Other Feature(s):
The Valkyrie MK I armor is equipped with a myriad of other systems all designed to protect and enhance the wearers combat ability.

-HUD: The Valkyrie like most modern armor comes equipped with a powerful tactical HUD within its helmet. This system can be used as a targeting computer, sensor array, and communication device as well as many other functions. These are all basic sensors as would be found in common trooper armor.

-Jetpack: Much like its namesake the Valkyrie is very capable of flight. The Valkyries jetpack is unique in that it is what could be considered “flashy” The propulsion of the jetpack which would normally appear as simple flames instead appears as a set of small blue “wings” upon the back of the armor. This is achieved by the exhaust vents on the jetpack which were specially molded and shaped for this purposes. The other thing that makes this jetpack special is that its fuel lines and tank is completely and entirely hidden, making crushing them through the force impossible Other than this it is just a normal jetpack with blue exhaust(Jetpacks are canon and common tech i really shouldn't need an extra sub for this imo). This is entirely an aesthetic choice, though it gives the Valkyrie armor a right to its namesake.

-Hidden Blades: Like most purpose built armor the Valkyrie MK I contains several hidden blades. A few durasteel knives are located on the thigh's and within the gauntlets. Two blades in each gauntlet are push out knives that extend themselves when the wrist is placed at a certain angle. The two Blades hidden within each of the thighs are simple knives with 6'' blades.

-Hidden Pockets: Located on the thigh's and shoulder area there are several hidden compartments upon the armor. These compartments vary in size with the ones located on the thigh being big enough to hold a standard sized lightsaber and the smallest only holding only a small ration bar.

-Life Support: The Valkyrie MK I is completely sealed off to the outside world. This suit is completely sealed to space, water, etc... Much like Clone Trooper armor or most armors that exist in modern day. Normally it uses a filter to take in outside air and clean it through thoroughly before eventually feeding it to the user. Aside from this however the Valkyrie MK I also has a tank of air hidden within armor plates that can sustain the wearer for up to 30 minutes, depending on physical activity and oxygen intake.

@[member="Diana Moridena"]

in the life support section, please specify that it is 30 minutes in void, aquatic, whatever sort of environment this suit protects you from.

I assume the knives are just durasteel or some other -insert metal here- construction, but please list the metal of the bladed weapons in the Material section.
Please elaborate on the knives in the side pocket(s)

The jetpack... Exactly... how does it work? If you can't think of any feasible way for it, I'd suggest switching to a repulsor pack with a hologram projector that displays the wings. (you can always pick something simple and to a tech sub for the fancy jetpack at a later date)

Is there an armor value difference between the armored plates and the flight-suit under it? If so, please include it in the profile of the tech.

Please elaborate on the sensors of the suit/HUD as best you can. If they are anything more than 'basic' sensors anyway.

A note... this is probably one of the few armor submissions that I would actually let get away with a 6kg weight. Armor is heavy. I've worn it irl. Both the classical stuff and the modern body-armor. If you increase the armor value of the 'plate' sections of armor, you'll be looking at the 8-10kg weight range.

Cedric Dorn

C
@[member="War Hydra"]

I have made the edits requested. I wasn't quite sure what you meant with the jetpack since its just a jetpack with special exhaust vents that are more aesthetically pleasing as was pointed out in the original writing. The same goes for the life support system, the armor is sealed like Clone trooper armor or anything of the sort. Same goes for the HUD once again, its all just very basic XD

Despite this i tried to add as much detail as i possibly could per your requests.

So far it looks fine. Though I have to be a stickler for the armor. I know it looks cool, but that's a whole lot of skin-tight belly showing. Without special materials that would require development threads, I just can't let something that flimsy looking get away with tier 3 armor. Drop it down to tier 2 over the belly and inner thighs. You can keep it at tier 3 everywhere else.

And the jetpack... Maybe I'm just tired and not understanding the visuals you're talking about... can you show me an image of what you want the exhaust of the jetpack to look like? I'm just trying to make sure... it's plausible. Because right now it just sounds rather silly and impossible.

@[member="Diana Moridena"]

Cedric Dorn

C
I am afraid that i will have to argue against your point on the armor quality. The bodysuit is made up of a previous tech-submission that KDY can plausibly purchase en-masse to produce this suite. Mainly this one. As you can see i already toned down the armor rating quite a bit(i figure this is due to working the material in certain ways) So i feel that keeping it at 3 is more than fair.

As to the jetpack...no there's no image. It's pretty simple. When a jetpack ignites it fires two little rocket propellants out the back of it. These propellants usually look like flames. In this case the exhaust vents that expel the propellants have been molded to shape the exhaust into two little lines instead of large round vents. This causes the flames that shoot out the back of the jetpack to look like two thin lines instead of round circles, These two thin lines could then be perceived to look like wings. This is purely and entirely Aesthetic. It does nothing but look nice and is really unnecessary in the grand scheme of things but it fits with a theme i am building around my character.
@[member="War Hydra"]

Ok. Please include the Iron Skin link in the materials section.

And somehow I thought you means large wing-things coming out the side of the jetpack...

Just do a little cleaning up and double checking of the overall submission, spelling, grammar, exc...

Cedric Dorn

C
Done and done.

Also sorry should've provided link immediately.
@[member="War Hydra"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom